Meh
24%

Total votes: 62
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

[2x12] In the Name of the Brother Discussion

Postby Grey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 am

What did you think of the episode?
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
Heidirs

Re: 2x12 In the Name of the Brother Discussion

Postby Heidirs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 am

It was nice getting some insight into Whale, how he's wanted so badly to do good and bring life.

Rumple is aggravating me, but he's been known to do that on occasion.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 am

I missed the first 10 minutes so (which means I missed the Snow/Belle scene. :()

Liked:
-Rumpel FINALLY cashing in on his deal (but I HATED that he threatened my favorite characters)
-The Outsider
-Red and Whale on the docks

Disliked:
-All of the flashbacks.
-Cora
-The fact the promo said "THREE WEEKS" from tonight. :x
-Regina running to mommy's arms like a five year old again. THINK FOR YOURSELF YOU IDIOT!

Yeah, overall, I didn't like this character.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 am

mysticalflute wrote:-Regina running to mommy's arms like a five year old again. THINK FOR YOURSELF YOU IDIOT!

Spoiler:
Lana said in an interview that the reason Regina hates Snow so much for what happened to Daniel is that she's so attached to her mother and so longs for her mother's approval and love that psychologically she can't place all that blame and anger on Cora, so she places it on Snow instead.

So I think we got a really vulnerable moment there in car when Regina just wants so badly to be her mother's girl and to be loved.

But I agree, she does need to stop and think for moment that Cora's way is NOT the way to go.
shirona

Postby shirona » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:19 am

The most sensless episode ever. Regina reverting to EQ just like that? Nope. NOPE. It was so clear Cora was lying, how could Regina not feel it? Damn that witch. I like her as a villain, but this plot is too weak. This whole working on to redeem herself just got a long shot in the head. Congrats, creators. It was more stupid than twisted games in LOST.
And this whole bunch of a good guys... they were just waiting in the hospital. Only Ruby was actually doing something. So yeah, Emma, looks like karma is going to bite you pretty badly. Now you have not only one, broken and trying hard to be better ex-witch, but reverted Evil Queen and her twisted mommy.
Rumple's entering Snow's apartent - enter of the dragon :P Let's just hope he's gonna be with Cora and Regina when he comes back. Oh, the trio vs stupid "good" guys.
And now... 3 weeks of break...
Be the leaf.
Belleflower

Re: [2x12] In the Name of the Brother Discussion

Postby Belleflower » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:38 am

I did not enjoy this episode. Everyone was shown in their most negative light. Regina falling for Cora's trap, Mr. Gold making threats, Belle's memory loss, Dr. Whale almost committing suicide, the "good guys" actually debating whether or not to let an innocent man die. And the flashbacks were pretty boring apart from Rumpel's scenes. I did not like this episode.
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 am

Poor Whale. His episodes seem destined to be unpopular. :(
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:46 am

It confirmed what I said a few months ago: Emma favor to Rumple will be to find Bae.
We are 4 weeks away from finding out if Bae is Neal or not.
The chemistry between Dr. Whales and Rudy. Dr.Red maybe?
Cora up to her old tricks.
Rumple didn't thin twice about healing Greg the outsider or Hook
Henry acknowledge how Dr. Frankenstein isn't in his book.

Dislikes:
That kiss between Rumple and Cora. I almost threw up again.
Belle breaking the chip cup.
Regina falling for Cora's old tricks
The threat Rumple gave to everyone.
Emma power to see if someone is lying isn't working right.
Leroy wanting an innocent person to die regardless if he saw magic or not.
Hate that the Superbowl and The Oscars are the reason why the show will not be on for a few weeks.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:47 am

shirona wrote:And this whole bunch of a good guys... they were just waiting in the hospital. Only Ruby was actually doing something. So yeah, Emma, looks like karma is going to bite you pretty badly. Now you have not only one, broken and trying hard to be better ex-witch, but reverted Evil Queen and her twisted mommy.

Oh, not to worry about Emma; she's a Charming. Things always work out for them no matter what they do or whether they deserve it. Regina actually does a heroic deed in saving a little girl on a horse and she gets consigned to a life of loneliness. She does another good deed in trusting her son, even when every instinct for survival says to keep Cora away, and she gets framed for murder and said son doesn't even question his ex-con birth mother when she tells him the mother that raised and loved him was guilty. Emma will always win because she's one of the 'good' guys, so don't worry about her.
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Trying desperately not to look at spoilers above since I've not watched this (hasn't aired where I am -- yet) but I'm surprised by the way the votes are going down. It looked like it would at least be a fun episode in the flashback parts. (C'mon, Dr. Frank has to be awesome.)

Whale can't get no love. Not even in fandom. ):
Spoiler:
Also a fan of Grimm. Find me here under this profile:
grimmforum.com
Like fics? I've got some:
TheWormThatTurns @ fanfiction.net

The Great Xul

Postby The Great Xul » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 am

Oy vey! The worst is having to wait 3 weeks for the next episode.

Regina reverting to EQ just like that? Nope. NOPE. It was so clear Cora was lying, how could Regina not feel it?

Spoiler:
Lana said in an interview that the reason Regina hates Snow so much for what happened to Daniel is that she's so attached to her mother and so longs for her mother's approval and love that psychologically she can't place all that blame and anger on Cora, so she places it on Snow instead.

That's classic enmeshed behavior/approval addiction for the child of someone who has a personality disorder, likely Narsicistic PD. All these Regina/Cora episodes trigger me so bad since I have a mother just like Cora(except without the magic, thank God). Their scenes are quite realistic. I'm screaming at the TV, "NOOOOOO!!!! DON'T BELIEVE HER!!!" but of course, I've done the self help work to get past my mommy dearest.

And you "good guys," don't you know that no good deed goes unpunished?
Evil doesn't always look evil. Sometimes it's staring right at us and we don't even realize it.
Jade

Postby Jade » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:22 am

Noooo! Chip! I felt so bad for Rumple by the end of this (still not hating Hook though)!

Definitely not buying Cora's story.

For Dr. Frankenstein's brother, I just have to say that it was moving that he wanted Dr. F to shoot him, and, this might just be me, but I felt a slight Hunchback of Notre Dame vibe.

And last but not least: Woah what was that between Cora and Rumple? Were they... lovers? :shock:
Hook: "Thank you, my lady."
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 am

I actually liked the Frankenstein backstory. I didn't think I would because his dad was such a &*%$#, but I guess Gerhardt killing him brightened it a bit for me. That sounded so terrible, but it is true.

I'm glad no one actually considered letting the stranger die except Whale (who was kinda lit) and Leroy.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Whale and Ruby.

More to come after I re-watch... :)
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
theliebsjk

Postby theliebsjk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 am

I could watch Rumple tell people off all day, its a hoot.
Hook talking about his other appendages - his lines are the hysterical.
"We were cursed" ha ha ha ha. That is THE best line/reason EVER.

That kiss between Rumple and Cora. Gag. Want to know that story, though!

"Honey you'll never believe what I saw" Uhhh, sounds like a guy with a lighter, dear. How hard did you hit your head?
For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:17)
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:46 am

Was I the only one who loved Mr. Gold's threat to the Charming's? (I absolutely LOVED it!)
Cora and Rumple, did they ever...you know.(Get it on?)Love to see that story.
Regina, even if you are reverting back to your lovely evil ways, I still love you. Not to quote the Charming's but, I will always love you.(lol)
Ugh, three weeks until I get to see Regina, Rumple, and Cora...how will I survive?
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
The Great Xul

Postby The Great Xul » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 am

Was I the only one who loved Mr. Gold's threat to the Charming's? (I absolutely LOVED it!)

No. I found it particularly delightful. :lol: Not gonna happen, but still a great line.
Evil doesn't always look evil. Sometimes it's staring right at us and we don't even realize it.
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 am

The Great Xul wrote:

No. I found it particularly delightful. :lol: Not gonna happen, but still a great line.

I know, right? I know they won't kill the Charming's but it was still awesome to hear Mr. Gold threaten it.
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
N.R. Gasan

Postby N.R. Gasan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 am

Does anyone else feel bad for Hook? Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. Really. Look at what's happened to him since he got to Storybrooke: He got whacked in the head by Belle...Was given a beat-down by Rumpel, on the deck of his own ship no less...Hit by a car...Nearly choked to death by Rumpel (what is that cane made of, anyway?)...And abused at the hospital by Emma. What's next? Shot by Granny with an arrow? Bitten on the a$$ by Red? Kicked in the ball$ by Henry? Someone get that man some Vicodin!
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 am

N.R. Gasan wrote:Does anyone else feel bad for Hook? Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. Really. Look at what's happened to him since he got to Storybrooke: He got whacked in the head by Belle...Was given a beat-down by Rumpel, on the deck of his own ship no less...Hit by a car...Nearly choked to death by Rumpel (what is that cane made of, anyway?)...And abused at the hospital by Emma. What's next? Shot by Granny with an arrow? Bitten on the a$$ by Red? Kicked in the ball$ by Henry? Someone get that man some Vicodin!

Well, if you watch the American promo for Tiny, he's going to get choked by Charming. :lol:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Belleflower

Postby Belleflower » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 am

mysticalflute wrote:
N.R. Gasan wrote:Does anyone else feel bad for Hook? Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. Really. Look at what's happened to him since he got to Storybrooke: He got whacked in the head by Belle...Was given a beat-down by Rumpel, on the deck of his own ship no less...Hit by a car...Nearly choked to death by Rumpel (what is that cane made of, anyway?)...And abused at the hospital by Emma. What's next? Shot by Granny with an arrow? Bitten on the a$$ by Red? Kicked in the ball$ by Henry? Someone get that man some Vicodin!

Well, if you watch the American promo for Tiny, he's going to get choked by Charming. :lol:

Tee hee! And I can't wait. :mrgreen:
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥

Return to “Episode Discussion”