No
35%
Meh
24%

Total votes: 62
ihr

Re: [2x12] In the Name of the Brother Discussion

Postby ihr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 pm

mysticalflute wrote:You know what would've been nice to see? A short scene with Charming (perhaps while Frankenwhale is doing the surgery or while Red was out looking for him) lamenting over the fact that he never got to meet his twin.

After all, the episode was called "In the name of the BROTHER".

The next episode will be Charming-centric, so you may get your wish. Also, The creators promised that we will finally know his real name.
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 am

Regina is the Evil Queen. You're just going to leave your child alone with someone like that?

Emma willingly gave up Henry eleven years ago. She had already crossed that line. I don't see why not. And you seemed to view Regina solely as "the Evil Queen" and nothing else. Do you see Regina in this one view and nothing else? If so, I might as well simply view Emma as a thief who eventually gave up her kid in prison.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm

CTrent29 wrote:
Regina is the Evil Queen. You're just going to leave your child alone with someone like that?

Emma willingly gave up Henry eleven years ago. She had already crossed that line. I don't see why not. And you seemed to view Regina solely as "the Evil Queen" and nothing else. Do you see Regina in this one view and nothing else? If so, I might as well simply view Emma as a thief who eventually gave up her kid in prison.

No, I don't see Regina in this one dimensional light. I was merely stating that when the curse is broken and everyone realizes who everyone is, are they really going to be okay with leaving this kid with Regina? Probably not.

There were a lot of statements that no one has any right to take Henry from Regina. And legally, yes, that's true. Morally, though? If you view her as the evil queen and take into account that she has committed murder on top of a whole lot of other questionable dealings? You're not going to want a kid to be around her.

I was merely stating it from the point of Snow, Charming, and Emma's point of view. A more rounded account shows that Regina does truly care for Henry. But to say that she's done nothing wrong and the Charmings are taking Henry from her for no good reason isn't true.

We've moved this discussion over the "Main Character Discussion" thread since people were annoyed with it here.
Mandalynn

Postby Mandalynn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 am

Hey, Everyone :) Wow, lots of love or hate, not much in between!

I liked it, I don't have anything new to add on that score...

But, did anyone else get the Oz clues? Watch (I know, it was Frank's Mother's) and his brother's medal of honor? It all seemed significant to me... And, as in the movie, everything in his life was black & white... reminds me of Dorothy leaving her house for the first time & serif everything in color... although, her world was more sepia ;)

Anyways, do you think they were clues?
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Speaking of Cora, was I the only one who believed that Cora was sad for everything she did to Regina? I believe Cora.
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Honestly no, I didn't believe Cora for a second, I think she realized her old "I did it for your own good" wasn't going to work anymore with Regina and she changed to the "I'm sorry, I really want to help you now" tactic.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Caroline wrote:Honestly no, I didn't believe Cora for a second, I think she realized her old "I did it for your own good" wasn't going to work anymore with Regina and she changed to the "I'm sorry, I really want to help you now" tactic.

I do hope she was telling the truth.
*The Enchanted Rose*

Postby *The Enchanted Rose* » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Caroline wrote:Honestly no, I didn't believe Cora for a second, I think she realized her old "I did it for your own good" wasn't going to work anymore with Regina and she changed to the "I'm sorry, I really want to help you now" tactic.

Yes, this is my line of thinking as well. Cora knew she had to take a different tactic with Regina, and the same old excuse of "I abused you because I loved you" wouldn't work on Regina now. She's gone through too much to fall for Cora's old BS.

RUN REGINA!!! RUN!!! :egad:
☠The Dark One: The Beast, a crocodile, the most powerful man in the world, master manipulater, trickster in disguise, desperate soul, broken-hearted father, admirer of a great beauty and a fan of true love ☠
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

mr.goldrumplefan wrote:
I do hope she was telling the truth.

It would be nice if that's the case, I just think she wasn't.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:44 pm

mr.goldrumplefan wrote:Speaking of Cora, was I the only one who believed that Cora was sad for everything she did to Regina? I believe Cora.

I think only a teeny tiny part of her was, the other, bigger part of her was far to happy to control Regina again.
ihr

Postby ihr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:46 pm

RebeccaMatthews wrote:
mr.goldrumplefan wrote:Speaking of Cora, was I the only one who believed that Cora was sad for everything she did to Regina? I believe Cora.

I think only a teeny tiny part of her was, the other, bigger part of her was far to happy to control Regina again.

I have to agree with that. :cry:
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 pm

*le gasp* ihr and I agree on something when it comes to Regina. :lol:
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:22 pm

I think Cora is sincere about wanting to be there for Regina. But she is still of the ,mindset that what she wants for Regina is better than what Regina wants for herself.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:46 am

Mandalynn wrote:Hey, Everyone :) Wow, lots of love or hate, not much in between!

I liked it, I don't have anything new to add on that score...

But, did anyone else get the Oz clues? Watch (I know, it was Frank's Mother's) and his brother's medal of honor? It all seemed significant to me... And, as in the movie, everything in his life was black & white... reminds me of Dorothy leaving her house for the first time & serif everything in color... although, her world was more sepia ;)

Anyways, do you think they were clues?

The watch and medal jumped out at me as clues while I was watching, but then I proptly forgot about it looking for clues to the Outsider's identity. I haven't even had a chance to rewatch yet...it's been a crazy busy week for me.

The idea of Whale also being the Wizard of Oz really appeals to me for some reason. I guess I just want to see more of him. :heart:
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
scarlettrose

Postby scarlettrose » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Dr. Frankenstein as Wizard of Oz would be to much for me in this moment. I have enough to deal with the fact that Frankensteins black-and-white-world is appearently Austria!!! The letter Frankensteins father gave him mentions the University in Klagenfurt, Carinthia. Why do they use the name of a real town, mentioning the real province? If Austria is also OZ, I definitly will go nuts!

One thing worth mentioning in this context; someone noted already that there was a scientist named Gregor Mendel. His hometown is now in the Czech Republik, but to the time he was alive it belonged to Austria.
It's our destiny; Triumph or Agony!
ancients' glory endless pain
deep into the dungeons of hell!

(from the song 'Triumph or Agony' by Rhapsody of Fire; I think this lines fits to the Evil Queen, maybe even to Rumplestilzkin)
Rachshaun

Postby Rachshaun » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Me and my friend Shaun are the only ones (that we know of) who are happy with Regina forgiving Cora and resting her head on her shoulder...we just love their relationship! :heart:
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Rachshaun wrote:Me and my friend Shaun are the only ones (that we know of) who are happy with Regina forgiving Cora and resting her head on her shoulder...we just love their relationship! :heart:

I do hope they can have a nice relationship.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

scarlettrose wrote:Dr. Frankenstein as Wizard of Oz would be to much for me in this moment. I have enough to deal with the fact that Frankensteins black-and-white-world is appearently Austria!!! The letter Frankensteins father gave him mentions the University in Klagenfurt, Carinthia. Why do they use the name of a real town, mentioning the real province? If Austria is also OZ, I definitly will go nuts!

One thing worth mentioning in this context; someone noted already that there was a scientist named Gregor Mendel. His hometown is now in the Czech Republik, but to the time he was alive it belonged to Austria.

Austria wouldn't also be Oz if Whale is also the Wizard. The Professor was from a black and white world like Frankenstein's and Kansas also really exists in our world. He traveled to Oz and became the Wizard. It could be some kind of parallel world to ours where everything is black and white. It could be similar to ours, but not exactly the same. Kind of like the parallel world in Fringe (if you watched that show).

Actually, if you think about it that way, using a parallel place in Frankenstein's world and ours lends more support to Frankenstein also being the Wizard of Oz.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

If I hadn't seen the new new Wizard of Oz prequel promo, I`d be confused with what you just said Jennie about Whale also being the Wizard.
scarlettrose

Postby scarlettrose » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Jennie wrote:Austria wouldn't also be Oz if Whale is also the Wizard. The Professor was from a black and white world like Frankenstein's and Kansas also really exists in our world. He traveled to Oz and became the Wizard. It could be some kind of parallel world to ours where everything is black and white. It could be similar to ours, but not exactly the same. Kind of like the parallel world in Fringe (if you watched that show).

Actually, if you think about it that way, using a parallel place in Frankenstein's world and ours lends more support to Frankenstein also being the Wizard of Oz.

Ah, thanks! I completly forgot that the Wizard was not originally from OZ :crazy:

But I still don't know why Frankensteins black-and-white world is Austria. Regarding to the article on wikipedia the Frankenstein from the original novel by Mary Shelley he was born in Switzerland and studied in Germany. :shrug2:
It's our destiny; Triumph or Agony!
ancients' glory endless pain
deep into the dungeons of hell!

(from the song 'Triumph or Agony' by Rhapsody of Fire; I think this lines fits to the Evil Queen, maybe even to Rumplestilzkin)

Return to “Episode Discussion”