No
20%
Meh
25%

Total votes: 60
Heidirs

Re: [2x13] Tiny Episode Discussion

Postby Heidirs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 am

Planting the beans seems like a bad idea. Why not deal with Cora first?
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 am

Loved:
-Anton!
-Finally finding out Charming's real name.
-Charming in general!
-Snow.
-Rumpelstiltskin in the airport/plane
-Charming and Snow's last scene (until her hesitation)
-Red and Belle in the hospital (Poor thing!)

Disliked (not because of writing, because I don't trust them)
-REGINA!
-Greg
-Jack
-James
-Every other giant
-Snow's hesitation about going back
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 am

I really like this epsiode.

I'm glad the giant is staying around. With new beans coming i wonder if we will see new lands before the season is over.

It seems like Jack might have or has been to Wonderland. I was hoping Jack faked her death :(. Im so disappointed i wanted to see more of Cassidy Freeman in the future.

Really David real name is David. The creators said it the name would be obvious, but I didnt think it would be that obvious.

I caught two LOST references: The TV program Belle was watching was EXPOSE and the airline Ajria.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 am

Heidirs wrote:Planting the beans seems like a bad idea. Why not deal with Cora first?

Good question. They know it's what Cora wants but they are going to do it anyway? What's the rush? They are so confidant that they are not going to let her get her hands on them but they couldn't even keep an injured Hook captive. I was so upset with so many people this episode they were all so incompetent and useless.
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 am

Sandy wrote:
Heidirs wrote:Planting the beans seems like a bad idea. Why not deal with Cora first?

Good question. They know it's what Cora wants but they are going to do it anyway? What's the rush? They are so confidant that they are not going to let her get her hands on them but they couldn't even keep an injured Hook captive. I was so upset with so many people this episode they were all so incompetent and useless.

They were like "no, one's going to get to our crops." And I was like, "You have axes. She has MAGIC!!!!" :o

I guess everyone just really, really wants to get home.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 am

Heidirs wrote:
Sandy wrote:

They were like "no, one's going to get to our crops." And I was like, "You have axes. She has MAGIC!!!!" :o

I guess everyone just really, really wants to get home.

But they have Emma. ;) And, most likely, Rumpelstiltskin.
And more!
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 am

Emma still needs to learn how to control her magic and Rum well he works his own agenda. Cora has Regina too. The Charming co are just really bad at protecting things/ keeping things locked up. Why wasn't Hook at least in cuffs? Why did they need Hook to find the ship? Archie should have known the estimated location, Ruby probably could have sniffed it out. I just Gah and was anyone bothering to look for Hook afterwards? Nope, nope. Don't even get me started on poor Belle being kept drugged up and made to believe that she is crazy.

Edit: I had a fail moment. Cuffs would not have worked. -face palm-

At least not the wrists. Ankles? Just tie him to something.
Last edited by Sandy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 am

^all very good points.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 am

Sandy wrote:Emma still needs to learn how to control her magic and Rum well he works his own agenda. Cora has Regina too. The Charming co are just really bad at protecting things/ keeping things locked up. Why wasn't Hook at least in cuffs? Why did they need Hook to find the ship? Archie should have known the estimated location, Ruby probably could have sniffed it out. I just Gah and was anyone bothering to look for Hook afterwards? Nope, nope. Don't even get me started on poor Belle being kept drugged up and made to believe that she is crazy.

Here we go with my favorite character bashing... *sighs*
And more!
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 am

Did anyone else think Anton was absolutely adorable! i just kept wanting to hug him!

Totally great episode. So much to talk about...so Davids real name is David? How anticlimactic.

The fear in Rumple's eyes in that episode were so telling. He's wanted to find his son for so long, now that its actually happening...I totally understand fear. It makes him so...human.
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 am

WHY?! Why the preview? I don't want Neal to be Bae.....Why?!!!
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:59 am

mysticalflute wrote:
Sandy wrote:Emma still needs to learn how to control her magic and Rum well he works his own agenda. Cora has Regina too. The Charming co are just really bad at protecting things/ keeping things locked up. Why wasn't Hook at least in cuffs? Why did they need Hook to find the ship? Archie should have known the estimated location, Ruby probably could have sniffed it out. I just Gah and was anyone bothering to look for Hook afterwards? Nope, nope. Don't even get me started on poor Belle being kept drugged up and made to believe that she is crazy.

Here we go with my favorite character bashing... *sighs*

I am not bashing anyone. And I wasn't just referring to the Charming's but their entourage.

Anton was adorable, it was nice to see him find a place where he belonged.

The road trip scenes were my favourite part and I can't wait for next week.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 am

I really liked this episode, mostly because of Anton. Jorge is absolutely adorable as always.

I loved how they had the name discussion while they were running from Anton and Leroy said he's calling him whatever he damn well pleased. :lol:

It seemed strange that they would want to plant the beans knowing that Cora would want to use them herself, but then I started thinking that it would probably take a while to grow the beans. It could be be years before they have mature beans for a portal home.

I liked the scene with the dwarves and Anton in the "field". I think it was less about them helping him with the beans and more about him feeling like he belonged. I think Grumpy saw something in him that he recognized...working hard to produce something, being smaller and picked on for it, just brotherhood. (We didn't see any female giants either.) I don't remember seeing Grumpy grin like that at someone since Nova/Astrid. He really worked to make Anton feel like he was one of them, a brother. He even had Happy give him an axe. Even David said he never got an axe with his name on it. "Work is work. It's what we do." :D "Welcome aboard brother."
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:28 am

I loved the whistling! I started singing along. Hi no, hi oh it's off to work we go.

Maybe they aren't going to plant the bean right away? Just get the field ready for it while they deal with Cora.
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:53 am

I found the episode . . . meh. The only thing interesting about it was Rumpel's adventures at the airport, thanks to Robert Carlyle's performance. Anton running amok in Storybooke did nothing for me. Nor did the Charmings' "do gooder" personalities. This is the second time that Anton the Giant appeared on the show. And for the second time, his presence failed to make the episode interesting to me. I hope the next episode is a lot more intersting than this.

Snow's assertion that Charming would have never been like his brother because he's . . . charming only convinces me that she really doesn't know much about human nature. Maybe the writers of this show don't know much, either.
DrpKckMrphysFn88

Postby DrpKckMrphysFn88 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 am

Hi I am new to this and this is my first post. One thing I found intriguing about tonight's episode is the Jack and the Beanstalk Story. So I may have caught something that some of you may not have... Jack (Jaclyn) is also Alice (Alice in Wonderland). When she gave the giant the shrinking thing to eat.. it was a mushroom.. similar to one that Alice ate in Alice in Wonderland... Also Jaclyn said to the Giant "she got the magic from a land where she killed a Jabberwocky" Alice killed a Jabberwocky in Through the Looking Glass...

Please feel free to comment
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:43 am

A good 'breather' type episode. Made a nice break between all the various story arcs usually going on.

Pros
    -Anton! So glad that his character is back. His story was bitter sweet but I loved it.
    -Warm and fuzzies for an episode. Aw...
    -David's name is David (a favorite theory I liked that turned out to be right!)
    -Snow & Co. action team unite!
    -The dwarves and Anton are now "brothers". :cry: It's just dust... in my eyes.
    -Jack and James deserved what they got. Ugh.
    -Henry is just delighted to hang out with Emma.
    -Greg is taking this whole magic think surprisingly well.
    -I see a team-up between hospital patients! Un-Belle and Greg should become an investigative duo. (No, this isn't shipping. It's them becoming friends.)
    -Belle make actually become a character that can stand on her own rather than be defined by who she is to other people.
    -Snow White is handy with a bow in either world.
    -Hook. That dirty sea dog.
    -That was a nice holster, lol.
    -Prince James and Jack were awful people. I liked it.
Cons
    -I still don't understand why Snow & Co are acting like Gold is the most mellow guy on earth. Why are they not trying to limit this guy's power? Or even thinking about it? He did threaten their lives mere hours ago (not even a full day has passed since the last episode). Not to mention that he and Regina did that whole thing with the well that almost killed Emma and Snow... So death threats and two attempted murders (and this is just stuff that has happened recently) and no one says a peep. All right. Good doesn't have to mean dumb. Really, it doesn't.
    -Henry is somehow safer with the guy who threatened his life. Cora's pretty dangerous, yeah, but this could have been explored more...I know Henry is safe as long as the "deal" of a non-hurt Belle is "upheld", but come on! Emma didn't have any reservations about it? And she was suddenly besties with Gold? All right then.
    -Drugging Belle. Take her out of the hospital (she doesn't have any injuries) and tell her that, yes, she saw magic. Much simpler and less awful than pretending she's crazy.
    -I know Hook is the evil villain and all but the people holding him in custody shouldn't be prodding his injuries. That's undoubtedly illegal in Maine. "Good" people should know better.
    -Meh to the Gold angst.
    -"We're good". LOL. Yeah, I'm going to take that at face value. Where's the bridge you want to sell me? (I get what Snow was trying to say -- that their town wasn't going to murder a giant -- but it came off as a weird moment.)
Questions/Observations
    -That was not Regina talking with Hook. It had to be Cora. That laugh was pure Cora! Especially since she had that piece of Wonderland mushroom. (And I think Hook might have been onto her at the end of their conversation.)
Thoughts

All in all, a very good episode. It reminded me of some of the high points of the first season. Things are moving along nicely, the pace is finally picking up. There were notes of hope as well as darkness.

Although I think that it was disguised!Cora talking to Hook, it was definitely real!Regina talking to Snow and David at the apartment. There were subtle differences in the performances that made the distinctions clear. I don't think that Cora would have told Regina everything so soon or easily. She has a very 'hands on' approach.

I still don't understand why everyone is so lenient toward Gold, which gives the impression that the 'good guys' are being very dumb. From the outside, it wouldn't appear that Gold is changing very much at all. He's given no one (aside from Belle -- maybe) reason to believe he is between bringing back the magic, the threats, using the magic, beating people, etc. Emma might have sympathy as one parent to another but she seems oddly subdued about her travel companion having threatened her entire family in front of her. I don't get it. Feels very OOC.

And as evil as Hook is supposed to be, I felt bad for him this episode. So far he hasn't done a lot of evil (they've showed him kill some random guard so far. That's it.) so it's more like "take our word for it that he's evil because we keep pushing that at you" rather than showing anything bad about him. He keeps getting beaten or choked/struck while in custody. All of that makes him look more sympathetic and less like a villain. (Before I get jumped on, I'm not saying that he isn't an antagonist, just that he's coming off very sympathetic compared to Cora or Gold -- and that his villain status is a "tell" rather than "show" thing.) I also have a feeling that his work relationship with Cora is coming to a close.

This episode was less of "The Rumpelstiltskin Show" fest that it had become. (Although did pop up several times.) It was refreshing to see another character's story.

Those previews for next week were something!
Spoiler:
Also a fan of Grimm. Find me here under this profile:
grimmforum.com
Like fics? I've got some:
TheWormThatTurns @ fanfiction.net

Dark Romantic

Postby Dark Romantic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:15 am

This episode was kind "meh" to me. I'm more looking forward to next week'e episode.

Favorite moments:
-All of Mr. Gold's scenes. Robert Carlyle OWNWED this episode.
-Ruby taking care of Belle. I loved that she brought Belle some books to help jog her memory.
-Regina back to her usual evil self. Seriously, I missed the Evil Queen.
-Emma being so helpful and understanding with Mr. Gold. That really surprised me.
-The promo for next week's episode.

Least Favorite Moments:
-JACK. I loved the idea of her being a woman, but I hate the way she was portrayed in this episode. The writers turned her into a loose, selfish, heartless woman, and I hated that.
-Prince James. Ugh...what a douche.
-Hook. I'm growing tired of him.
-Anton. Seriously writers? You spent an entire episode on a freaking giant?

To be perfectly honest, this episode kind of reminded me of "Dreamy." It focused on a minor character and presented a ridiculously silly storyline along with it. The only parts that held my interest were the scenes between Mr. Gold, Emma and Henry. A lot of this episode just felt like filler.
BelleღRumpelstilskin
The Beauty and the Beast
"Love is the most powerful magic in the world."
"All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup."
TwinღFlames

Postby TwinღFlames » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 am

I gotta say, I wasn’t a huge fan of this particular episode. The flashback scenes jumped back and forth between boring, annoying and unlikeable. Boring, because of Anton’s backstory. Annoying, because of the way Jack was portrayed. And ultimately unlikeable, because of what a jerk Prince James turned out to be. I received very little enjoyment from the flashbacks.

However, I did enjoy the scenes from Storybrooke and the airport. I liked seeing Snow and Charming working together like a team, and I really enjoyed Regina’s evil antics. I loved the scenes between Mr. Gold, Henry and Emma. I loved seeing Gold’s vulnerable side and his distress over not having magic and the possibility of him finally being reunited with his son. My favorite scene of the episode was when Mr. Gold smashed his fist into the bathroom stall. Good lord was that powerful! Robert Carlyle, you never stop amazing me.

My heart ached for poor Belle in this episode. I hated seeing everyone treat her like she was crazy. And UGH! I hated that the nurse sedated her. I can’t wait until Belle regains her memory. I want my lion-hearted girl back. :cry:

Um…what else was there? There was Hook. We saw him, he got beat up, he left. What ya know.

Overall, this episode was a mixed bag. There was a lot of good, but there was also a lot of bad.
Skin Deep

Postby Skin Deep » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:43 am

Meh, I wasn't really blown away by this episode. It felt more like a filler episode more than anything else. But there were a few things I liked about it.

-Mr. Gold’s scenes with Emma and Henry in the airport.
-Belle and Ruby’s scenes in the hospital.
-Snow and Charming fighting the giant in the town square.
-We finally have a way to return to the Enchanted Forest! YES! :D
-Josh Dallas’s performance as Prince James. I thought he did a really good job portraying his darker twin brother.

I didn’t really enjoy the rest of the episode, so I’ll just leave it at that. ;)
Rumbelleღ

Return to “Episode Discussion”