Meh
13%

Total votes: 46
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

[3x06] Ariel Discussion

Postby Grey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 am

What did you think of 3x06 Ariel?

Please use the hide tag if you're going to discuss future episodes.
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
leighskywalker

Mermaid reference

Postby leighskywalker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 am

Under the Sea Dance part of the song
Regina as Ursula says My dear sweet Child the exact words Ursula says before going into Poor unfourtuant Souls in the movie
Regina as Ursula says that Ariel can be part of Eric World Part of your World is the song in the movie.
mysticalflute

Re: [3x06] Ariel Discussion

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 am

LOVED:
-Ariel. Everything about Ariel!
-Admitting the truth in the Cave.
-Regina being stabbed with a dinglehopper. That was hilarious!
-Building the bridge. That was really cool.
-The Little Mermaid references.
-SWANFIRE REUNION! HELL TO THE YES!
-REAL Ursula taking NONE of Regina's crap.

HATED:
-REGINA. AS. URSULA!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
-Charming can't leave Neverland. I know that should've been posted last week but after that confession I NEED A SNOWING BABY OKAY?!

Overall, I found this was the strongest episode since The Heart of the Truest Believer/Lost Girl. Miles ahead of QACFairy, Nasty Habits and Good Form.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 am

Hands down one of the best episode of the season.

Ariel: loved her introduction. Seeing her meet Eric and losing her voice. All magic comes with a price.
Love Regina, but so glad Regina isn't Ursula and the real Ursula slaps some sense into her
The Whole Flashback was perfect.

Present day: I called the fake Belle being the shadow. Peter loves screwing with Rumple.
In the caves I loved the SwanFire moment. Emma had to get that alll off her chest. she is still in Love with Neal and never and i say NEVER stop loving him. Sorry CaptSwan fans. but i do see a love triangle starting real soon.
Pan as always stealing the scenes he's in.
Another OZ reference tonight: the munchies

Storybrooke is BACK next week. and more Ariel cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:09 am

Emma and Neal are reunited? So did we find out who's in the other cage? I can't watch it until tomorrow. :(
ForeverNate85

Postby ForeverNate85 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:11 am

I'm excited to see the fate that is worse than death! And I was really happy to see Neal and Emma reunited. I'm glad Hook did the right thing!
"All magic comes with a price" - Rumpelstiltskin
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 am

So thats my new favorite episode of the season! I usually hate Regina, but I have to say that I absolutely loved her in this episode. Teaching Emma magic, stopping Rumple, coming up with a plan, enacting the plan...yeah she's the only one doing anything right now. Also I'm excited that it looks like we're finally starting to close down the storyline. Well, maybe excited is the wrong word, but I'm happy to see the storyline progressing. And also that my girl Belle is back next episode. How long until next Sunday?
OrangeSun

Postby OrangeSun » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 am

Loved the episode.
Loved Regina using magic and giving Ariel Legs.
Loved Regina saving Rumpy's life with Pan's shade.
OMG Ariel stabbing Regina with a fork.
Loved that Charming finally had to break down and tell Snow the truth. Though I think Regina will have a way to save him and get him back to Storybrooke. Best way for her to make amends to the Charming family.
Loved the new baby idea.
Just loved the episode.
leighskywalker

Postby leighskywalker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:26 am

In the past section Ariel mentions the Under the Sea dance. That is not just a cool reference to the movie but that of Back to the Future as Well. Even though Disney passed on that picture for obvious reasons.
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 am

Did we find out who's in the second cage along with Neal? People mentioned Emma and Neal were reunited. I can't watch the episode until tomorrow.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 am

peanut-butter wrote:Did we find out who's in the second cage along with Neal? People mentioned Emma and Neal were reunited. I can't watch the episode until tomorrow.

No, we didn't. Pan moved Neal's cage.
And more!
leighskywalker

Postby leighskywalker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:04 am

Hated
Emma telling Snow her mother like they were in JR High that she kissed Hook
The reactions of the darkest secerts

Liked
All Little mermaid references
Joanna Garcia Swisher as Ariel
The reveal of the Real Ursula
Regina talking to Ariel about a dead octopus
That Ariel has to go to storrybrooke
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:06 am

mysticalflute wrote:
peanut-butter wrote:Did we find out who's in the second cage along with Neal? People mentioned Emma and Neal were reunited. I can't watch the episode until tomorrow.

No, we didn't. Pan moved Neal's cage.

Ah, thanks.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 am

Roseweave wrote:Who voiced the real Ursula out of interest?

I believe it was Yvette Nicole Brown, the woman who played Goldilocks in the season 2 DVD extra called "Good Morning Storybrooke".
And more!
Spinning Folly

Postby Spinning Folly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:47 am

Much better than last week's episode.

Enjoyed:
Ariel was never my favorite princess but I liked her here.
I loved it when Ariel stabbed Regina in the neck.
The real Ursula giving Regina a smackdown.
Regina smacking sense into Rumpel.
I knew Vision Belle was shady. I knew it!
Snow wants another baby. Awwww.
Peter Pan being creepy. Seriously, who tells people that their true love looks fertile?
Neal and Emma's reunion. That hug was beautiful.

Didn't enjoy:
That's Hook's darkest secret? Not selling Baelfire out to Pan? Lame.
The dresses for the ball scene. They looked like nightgowns. Ugly nightgowns.
The most exquisite folly is made of wisdom spun too fine.
Benjamin Franklin
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 am

I just found out Yvette Brown was the voice of Ursula. I'm beyond surprise
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:58 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:I just found out Yvette Brown was the voice of Ursula. I'm beyond surprise

Oh yay I'm so happy! I hope we can see her again!
And more!
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 am

So much Regina love this episode! :D

So the whole business of going through the dreamshade thing was so Charming could have a secret when he got to the caves? They couldn't come up with a real one for him, some conflict that he's been carrying around? Lame.

Also, Neal's "I'll never stop fighting you." That's not a "deep, dark secret." Buddy, if you had tried to walk out on that bridge, it would have crumbled beneath you.
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:56 am

(New to posting...been reading a while...hello all!)Well, right off I have to *reveal* that Ariel is one of my least favorite characters so far. Too...perky at the moment. But I understand the need to address all the Little Mermaid aficionados...and introduce a way back to Storybrooke.
Some very clever tie-ins, but Eric...blech. (lol)
Ursula was just weird, until the mirror version "stroked" Regina!!
Did love the fork action. heh

Once they got around to re-pairing wonderfully wicked Regina back with tortured Gold, things really picked up,too.

But the real meat of the episode was cooked up by the continually fascinating core of regulars in the Echo Cave. Then, the writing really gelled, and any of the more lame moments of the past few episodes, rang a little ...less lame (ha)The aura of the show came smacking back. The plotline possibilities were slowly peeled back like a Blooming Onion at Outback's (grin)

Unfortunately Neal leaves me a bit cold, always has, but that isn't necessarily the actor's fault. He was written more interestingly as a teen. He's the weakest link, I think, as a portrayal. When your character has been played by multiple actors, it is harder to esta blish a solid persona. But anyway, he can't hold a candle to Emma's substance...or Hook's!

Ah, there's the rub! After last week's scrumptious ride, I figured my expectations couldn't be met. No surprise, Hook is my favorite character. I imagine he will get over a bit of his bleeding heart when he has to fight again for Emma's affection...and the truly edgy (and quite yummy) darkness of Neverland's plotline is behind all the characters. It isn't so much Hook vs Neal/Bae for a place in Emma's heart, it is Hook vs Emma for a place in her heart. He handed her some pretty potent power when he spilled his guts. (His passion makes him much more volatile. I think the writers will keep him around a long time!)

In fact, they all gave each other a lot of potential power when they spilled their guts in the last 15 minutes and that is what redeemed this episode! So much delicious angst, which is a genuine reclaiming of the original *mood*.

Edgy

And isn't Pan a maliciously delightful little creep?
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
yellowjillybean

Postby yellowjillybean » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 am

I love love loved this episode!!! Ariel is my absolute favorite princess so I was thrilled with all the flashbacks and scenes she was in. I also love that she'll be making an appearance in SB, proving that preview from way back when with her & Grumpy wasn't lying. All the references were wonderful, and I love how they worked in her losing her voice in the end. I was also pleased to find out there was a different Ursula apart from Regina, though Regina was great in the impersonation. Here's to hoping Ariel makes a few more appearances beyond next week. But yeah, Eric wasn't that exciting.

I'm hoping Emma just doesn't end up with Neal and that the love triangle plays out a bit. Captain Swan ftw. Also, I agree, Bae was more substantive as a character than Neal has been thus far. I'd probably root for him more if I saw more of the qualities Bae has still existing within Neal himself.

Also, I loved Regina & Rumple reuniting. Finally, that gave Regina the opportunity to take some real action instead of sitting around being prevented from using magic by the Charmings. Also, it was nice to see her snap Rumple out the Belle hallucinations. Those were getting irritating since we all knew it wasn't her and just Pan manipulating him.

Yeah, Pan definitely keeps things interesting. I love how he is able to inspire so much fear with his mind games.

Return to “Episode Discussion”