No
2%
Meh
13%

Total votes: 46
HappyEndings

Re: [3x06] Ariel Discussion

Postby HappyEndings » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

I just wish Emma's secret had finished the bridge to Neal and that Neal had been required to reveal a secret, in order to get out of his cage. That would have been more satisfying to me. I was also hoping that the bridge would disappear when Emma reached Neal, and they all had to tell another secret in order for Emma and Neal to get back. :egad:

I didn't like that Emma didn't respond to David when he told them about the dream shade.

The fork with Snow, and using the fork on Regina was good. :rose:

Glad someone got the guts to move forward and try and get Pan which was Regina. What I didn't get is why they all had to go and get Neal, after all David didn't want anything r to stop the hunt for Henry when he was dying. :shrug:

I thought it was cute when Emma told Snow about the kiss, too bad Emma hasn't told the truth to Snow about what Neal did to her.

Once again Neal was all about Neal, never mention the other cage. I wish they would get rid of Neal permanently he just doesn't fit in good with the rest of the group and really doesn't add to the story "I will fight for you" gee wiz he was engaged last week and said he loved Emma, left her in prison etc. :roll: I was hoping that Emma would leave him in the cage like he did her in the prison :D
mindygirl

Postby mindygirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Ahh, I can not wait to watch this episode in it's entirety! My local channel had some "technical difficulties" and there was no sound until half way through.(No, I promise I didn't sit here and stare at the screen for 30 minutes waiting for sound :D). So I was just 'meh' about the episode...but I also kept in mind that I really couldn't give it a fair assessment yet. Reading the comments, I can't wait to sit down and watch it again...for the first time. I told my daughter as soon as I picked her up from school, we would come home and huddle around the lap top.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:29 pm

HappyEndings wrote:I just wish Emma's secret had finished the bridge to Neal and that Neal had been required to reveal a secret, in order to get out of his cage. That would have been more satisfying to me.

That's what I was hoping for too.
Justcurious

Postby Justcurious » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Didn't have time to add before:
I wish Charming's secret was something that didn't just happen to them.
I was glad though when they decided to look for Neal (I laughed a little when Snow just blurted out about Neal), I must admit that I find it really annoying when shows have plot lines like that (I mean I would find it annoying if Hook had never told anyone). To me they scream 'we need tensions between the characters'. Anyway, on topic again, I'm hoping that Hook does end up with Emma.
Was not a fan of Snow's confession. I do get where she's coming from, but I just feel bad for Emma. If they do have a kid, Emma will see it grow up with her parents and I think that would just make her feel even more rejected.
Really hoping that Regina and Rumple succeed (I know that they won't be the ones to take down Pan or get Henry, but I hope that they at least make a lot of progress) and that the writer's don't just use them as an example to say 'don't do it the simple way (with magic)'

Edit: Oh and one nit-picky thing: Pan made Rumple two eggs. He ate one, so Rumple only had one egg left. Yet Pan says at the end 'enjoy your eggs'.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Justcurious wrote:I wish Charming's secret was something that didn't just happen to them.

Yes! That was very annoying. Like, Charming couldn't have a secret before the dreamshade? How about feeling like he'd failed his family? Or being jealous MM has had all this bonding time with Emma and he hasn't got to? Or that he wants to go back and fight for his kingdom and it's annoying the Snow just wants a normal life in storybrooke?

Total cop-out they had to make it about the dreamshade and couldn't come up with something more genuine.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 pm

^^ I'm glad they didn't drag that secret out any longer, though. Maybe they should have had Charming have to tell another secret because that one wasn't big enough...?
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
ihr

Postby ihr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Yes, the secret scene was strange.
I felt second hand embarrasssement for Hook. Poor guy, it's so one-sided.
David was just lame, this is his darkest secret? really?
And Snow...Snow is the worst, she is so obnoxious and self-centered. To tell your daughter, the one who feels abandoned, that she isn't good enough for you and you want a replacement because things didn't go as planned the first time, is beyond words.
Nobody will convince me that she's a good person or a good parent.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I think David had to tell that secret because of what Snow had just shared.
He couldn't leave that hanging without admitting that he can't leave NL with them.

Also, being a mother, I would feel cheated too. I would want a chance to get it right. Since we can't turn back the clock, we can only move forward. I know she was afraid of Emma feeling replaced and that's what made it such a dark secret. Honestly, until that point, I didn't know what kind of deep dark secret Snow could be harboring.

I think all their secrets had to be about something they were feeling or going through at the time. Hook's feelings for Emma, Emma's feelings for Neal, Snow's desire to have what she lost... I don't think Emma had even considered Hook having real feelings for her until he said that. I bet she'll be thinking about it now though ;)
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Justcurious wrote:Edit: Oh and one nit-picky thing: Pan made Rumple two eggs. He ate one, so Rumple only had one egg left. Yet Pan says at the end 'enjoy your eggs'.

He actually only had a bite out of the egg, and then you can see him put it back down next to the other one. So technically he still had like 1.5 eggs. :p
ihr

Postby ihr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Jennie wrote:I think David had to tell that secret because of what Snow had just shared.
He couldn't leave that hanging without admitting that he can't leave NL with them.

Also, being a mother, I would feel cheated too. I would want a chance to get it right. Since we can't turn back the clock, we can only move forward. I know she was afraid of Emma feeling replaced and that's what made it such a dark secret. Honestly, until that point, I didn't know what kind of deep dark secret Snow could be harboring.

I think all their secrets had to be about something they were feeling or going through at the time. Hook's feelings for Emma, Emma's feelings for Neal, Snow's desire to have what she lost... I don't think Emma had even considered Hook having real feelings for her until he said that. I bet she'll be thinking about it now though ;)

You are far too kind to Snow. She feels cheated and she has every right to feel this way, but the way she worded her secret conveyed other emotions. What I heard was "Emma, you're not what we expected, I can't be the parent I want to be, so let's make a replacement so I can be the parent I want to be"
yellowjillybean

Postby yellowjillybean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:21 am

@RebeccaMatthews
-I totally was thinking the same thing about the haircut on Snow. Also, it's too short on her for my liking.

@Her Mayorness
-I agree on the MM baby sitch. It totally seemed like she was saying Emma isn't good enough. I know she prefaced it with all the "I'm proud of all you've done stuff," but it's like she was saying there is no way to make up lost time with her daughter, so time to move on and leave Emma behind. Even though she feels guilty for feeling that way, she directed her guilt more at Charming, not Emma, so it just seemed like Emma was completely disregarded.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:00 am

:roll:

Seriously? People are pissed that Snow wants another baby?!

So just because she gave birth to Emma and now all of a sudden, she's grown up, that means Snow and Charming shouldn't have the chance to try again? Really? Rumpelstiltskin abandoned Baelfire down a portal to another world, if I had to pick who doesn't deserve another child, I would pick him!

Yeah, it sucked the way she said it and the fact that Emma was there, but guess what? THAT'S WHAT THEY HAD TO DO. REVEAL THEIR DEEPEST, DARKEST SECRETS THAT THEY WOULD NOT REVEAL TO ANYONE.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:18 am

If Emma is hurt over Snow's secret, she really only has her self to blame. Not two eps ago she basically told Snow that she and Charming were jacka** for sending her away to live a cruel life of foster homes etc. Indeed I find that Emma still does not connect to Snow as mother but as close friend aka Mary Margret. She has yet to process the idea and I find seems to emotionally blackmail Snow about her feelings of motherhood towards her. Snow admitting that she wants another child I think was brought on by Emma's confession a few eps ago. If Emma can't or won't forgive her parents, why should they keep trying to make her?

I agree with this person's quote Snow has bent over backwards and forward for Emma, Snow isn't getting any younger and why not think of the future instead of the past if Emma wants to keep feeling sorry for herself and blame Snow and David well that is on her. If anything or anyone Emma should blame Neal for not helping her find her family sooner or find a way to break the curse.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 am

To make one thing clear - I am thrilled that Snow wants another baby. After all, in real life people have more than one child. It's just the way she incorporated Emma in the story sounded like she's dismissing her although we know it's not true.
I understand Snow having the problem with missing her daughter growing up, just as Emma has it difficult to accept her parents are the same age as she is (though I even think they are younger than her)

By the way, in real life, when adopted children meet their real parents, they can't and often don't want relate to them but more like dismiss them for abandoning them. They do have a true child-parent bond with their adoptive parents. That's how it is.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 pm

ihr wrote:You are far too kind to Snow. She feels cheated and she has every right to feel this way, but the way she worded her secret conveyed other emotions. What I heard was "Emma, you're not what we expected, I can't be the parent I want to be, so let's make a replacement so I can be the parent I want to be"

I think you're being far to hard on Snow. She included Emma in her secret because that was the only reason it was a secret. If she wasn't worried about hurting Emma's feelings it wouldn't have needed to be a secret at all. She wants to be a real mother to Emma, but I think she has finally realized that that is impossible given the circumstances. Snow and Charming had something precious stolen from them. Something that can never be replaced. But they can try to have something precious again with a new baby. That's all I took from the secret other than Snow's feelings of guilt about wanting something for herself.

I think as parents, those feelings of guilt are the hardest for us to reconcile at times. We live for our children so much, that we sometimes feel guilty for doing anything just for ourselves.
desa

Postby desa » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Regina to Rumple:"You're not gonna die at anyones hands but my own",priceless.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Back again.

Overall, I gave this ep a ''meh''.

LOVED
1) Ariel showing some balls and stabbing the EQ in the neck with the mini trident. Girl Power!

2) The gang telling lame-ass secrets: I am assuming that the lamer the secret, the harder it is for PP to play games with them. (or was it that the secrets were not lame, but the acting during this scene was? Can't be sure). I am going to give the writers the benefit of the doubt and assume that the dark-but-not-that-dark secret revealing was a strategy to help them win the game against Pan.

3) Regina ditching the ditherers and going off to find Rumple.

4) Regina sending Ariel to SB to retrieve a magic item. Loved that twist.

5) Community actresses' voice as Ursula, what a nice surprise, and so well done!

6) Seeing less of Pan. Not a good actor. And not convincing as a villain.

7) Josh Dallas' acting. It is the first time I have enjoyed watching him in the entire show. However, maybe I enjoyed him in comparison with the others because..... (see hated below, first point).

HATED
1) The acting from most of the cast. It is like they have given up taking their characters seriously-and I don't blame them! They were so bad, they made Josh Dallas look good!

2) Joanna Garcia's performance as Ariel was shaky. The wide-eyedness was on point, but I just didn't think she was convincing-felt bit like a school play, especially the scene by the lake just before Regina/Ursula appeared.

3) The make up was not good this time-everyone looked older!

4) The CGI, as always.

5) The set up for a SW pregnancy story line (or I am assuming it is a set up). Ugh. However if the actress is pregnant, then I suppose the writers have little choice. And it does make sense, story-wise. Just not something I am interested in seeing, though.

6) The dresses that SW and Ariel wore at the ball. Seriously-you don't put puffy skirts on women with (lovely) wide hips. Totally imbalances the figure! And where did the dresses come from any way? Did they borrow them? Did Bandit Snow relieve them of someone? In the same way that Cora 'borrowed' her dress?

Which brings me to a question.

:shrug2: Anyone notice that the inside of Eric's castle was very similar to that of King Xaviers? Was this lazy/rushed CGI, or was it a hint that Regina and Eric are related? I hope it is the latter...that would be very interesting indeed! :shrug2:

I hope Regina was telling the truth when she said that Eric is still in Storybrooke. And I hope he is ALIVE AND WELL in SB, too.

I am looking forward to the next ep, from the promo, it looks like it is going to better than the last 3.
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Give the guys a break about the CGI, it's really expensive and it takes a lot of time, they only have like a week or so for each episode, I'm sure they'd love to have more money and time but they do the best they can with what they have.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:55 pm

^^ Ditto.
misy

Postby misy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Well said, Caroline :)

Some of the complaints are rather nit - picky, imo.

Ariel's hair isn't red enough, Snow's hair is too short, etc.

I, personally, prefer to discuss the deeper aspects of the show - the clues, nods, allusions, easter eggs.....the parallels to LOST, Stephen King, classic lituerature/film/music, Myhtology, Alchemy..........

This show is a brilliantly written intricate weave of so many genres........K&H amaze me!
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"

Return to “Episode Discussion”