No
2%
Meh
13%

Total votes: 46
peanut-butter

Re: [3x06] Ariel Discussion

Postby peanut-butter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:20 am

I liked how no one cared Ariel was played by a Latina even though she is a European character.

Say what?! I totally didn't even notice.
misy

Postby misy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 am

eleruen wrote:
Nit picky? How about I use some negative adjectives to describe yours?

Omg! Lighten up!
I wasn't even referring to your "opinion".

I was talking about ppl on other boards who complain about Snow's hair, the clothes certain characters are wearing, etc.

You wrote an entire novella telling off so many diff ppl......that seems a bit "self important -ish" (how's that for negatvie adjective?).

Yes, ppl are entitled to their opinions. You, me and everyone else you quoted (and didn't even have the courtesy to use all of our names) and proceeded to tell off.
Why, WHY do ppl not get that when they complain to fans, ppl tend to get a bit defensive of the show sometimes?

Everyone's a critic. I would really love to see any one of the ppl who complain, do a better job.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
N.R. Gasan

Postby N.R. Gasan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:35 am

OK...I admit it...I'm a sucker for mermaids. So it was almost a foregone conclusion that I was going to like this episode. And I did. Very clever tie-ins with THE LITTLE MERMAID.

As for "Ariel": When I saw the name of the actress who plays her, I was like "You have GOT to be sh*tting me"...Joanna Garcia Swisher...Swisher, as in how a fish (or mermaid) might "swish" her tail. I'm not criticizing, mind you, far from it; I find it amusing in a cosmically apt sort of way. Kind of like how on "Touched By An Angel," the Angel of Death was played by actor John Dye. As for Miss Joanna, does anyone else think she is almost a dead-ringer for Amy Adams? Miss Amy, of course, played another Disney princess (Giselle) in ENCHANTED. Very kewl the way things have come together regarding the whole Ariel storyline.

Since things are shaping up for Ariel to be around for a while (I also wouldn't mind if she became a series regular), I really wish the writers had taken more time in introducing her; many scenes seemed kind of rushed. I think a two-episode arc would have worked well. For instance, the scene where Ariel and Regina, with Rumple, meet at the water's edge, just seemed too...neat. Ariel appeared much too quickly when called by Regina. Plus, she had been without her voice for who knows how long; she should have been furious with Regina. Regina should have had to work to convince Ariel to help them. The scene wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

I have to say that this was probably my favorite episode of the season so far. Did I mention I'm a sucker for mermaids? ;)
N.R. Gasan

Postby N.R. Gasan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:47 am

tcweh wrote:Also Regina, claiming you and him are the two greatest magicians? How disrespectful to your dear mother!

And speaking of great magicians, has she forgotten about Merlin? I've been wondering when he's going to show up.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 am

^^^ Maybe she hasn't heard of him yet. I thought he would be a good pair for her given both are sorcerers, or maybe she talked about FTL only.

On the topic of ball dresses by Ariel and Snow - I don't see the reason for complaint. I don't even see the resemblance with nightgowns. There are dresses in this world that have laces, and I thought they were quite romantic. They both looked beautiful in them with their hair colours - Snow's dark making a lovely contrast, and Ariel's red was a fine match. Well.. I am a sucker for red hair anyway.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
maaike.b

Postby maaike.b » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Liked most part of the episode.
Especially because Regina finally decided to actually do something. I'm looking forward to seeing her coorperation with Rumple and a confrontation with Pan.
Also really loved it that Hook instantly told David that Neal is still alive.

The only thing that really bothers me is the way Rumple is behaving. In S2 we saw him trying to be good, and I like him more as evil. So when he suddenly appaered on the Jolly Roger in his Rumple-Outfit, and then just disappeared, I was cheering for him on the couch. I thought we were finally going to see Ruple unleashed...
Instead, he seems to be crying his was through S3, which is starting to irritate me. Hope they have a fantastic comeback planned for him.
ClaireFr

Postby ClaireFr » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:37 pm

[hello to everyone! New in here but a huge fan since the beginning]

I really like this episode. I was so glad to see Ariel, and her story with Snow White was cool. But her naivety gets on my nerves, she appears sometimes so idiot :lol: . Well, she is , in fact, a real Disney princess like Cinderella in season 1. I like that Regina pretends to be Ursula (I was afraid that she actually was).

I love also the moment of Regina and Rumple. Rumple was getting to become a coward again and thanks to Regina, I hope it will not. I think they're going to move things along. I really want to know more about the story between Rumple and Pan.

Neal's freeing is cool. But, I wanted to learn more about the person in the other box.

The scene in the cave was good, I felt so sad during the scene. As Hook said, the secrets will destroy them like Pan wants. And it's like it will:
SW who wants a baby and Charming who told her it couldn't be with him because he can't leave Neverland. Because, he didn't tell her before, she is angry about him (and we learn that SW hates secrets so much). Actually, I really don't know how he will return to Storybrooke with the others and that is quite worrying.
Hook makes me felt so bad about his secret. Poor man. But Emma' secret giving us the love triangle! She is still loving Neal but wishes he was dead. And then, Neal telling her : "I never going to stop fighting for you" and Hook's glance. Well, I think the relations between those three will be quite complicated (by the way, I am team CaptainSwan!)

And, I am really glad to see Storybrooke on th next episode!
GeneralTao

Postby GeneralTao » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't believe the Neal they recovered from the Cave of Echoes is actually the real Neal.

What, Pan would have given Neal back to the Charming bunch in exchange for a fistful of not-so-dark secrets?

Emma poured her heart to him and he didnt flinch. He is but an empty shadow as the fake Belle was.
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

ClaireFr wrote:[hello to everyone! New in here but a huge fan since the beginning]

bonjour. bienvenue.
you'll fit right in. :)
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 pm

ClaireFr wrote:[hello to everyone! New in here but a huge fan since the beginning]

I absolutely love your avatar! Seriously!
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Welcome ClaireFr!! hope you have fun!! :)
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
OrangeSun

Postby OrangeSun » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Welcome ClaireFr, Always glad to have another Oncer Fan to converse with. Look forward to reading your posts.
ClaireFr

Postby ClaireFr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks Aura Liuli, Montreat11, Caroline and OrangeSun :)

GeneralTao wrote:I don't believe the Neal they recovered from the Cave of Echoes is actually the real Neal.

Emma poured her heart to him and he didnt flinch. He is but an empty shadow as the fake Belle was.

That is an interesting hypothesis!
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

Postby Grey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 am

HappyEndings wrote:What does LuLZ mean? :shrug2:

Funny, amusing, Lolz, etc.

N.R. Gasan wrote:As for Miss Joanna, does anyone else think she is almost a dead-ringer for Amy Adams?

Now that you mention it...

Hi and welcome!
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
N.R. Gasan

Postby N.R. Gasan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Greetings, Miss Claire. :rose: Glad that you found us.

Geez...another member from France. These Frenchies are just taking over! (Pssst...Claire...you know I'm not serious, right? Just funnin' ya. :lol: )
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:26 pm

In which episode was Ariel first mentioned? And it isn't this one.
misy

Postby misy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Skin Deep
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:19 am

misy wrote:Skin Deep

CORRECT! Wow! You must be a diehard fan. I didn't know until I recently re-watched "Skin Deep".
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:25 am

I believe Regina said to Rumple she was having mermaid problems...
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
misy

Postby misy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 am

CTrent29- I am a diehard fan :)
And I have a slightly eidetic memory.

Return to “Episode Discussion”