[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [3x22] There's No Place Like Home?

Yes
78%
No
9%
Meh
13%

Total votes: 55
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Grey » Sun May 11, 2014 11:03 pm

What did you think of [3x22] There's No Place Like Home?

Please use the hide tag if you're going to discuss future episodes.
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
theliebsjk

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby theliebsjk » Mon May 12, 2014 2:07 am

Aaaahhh!! My daughter is running and jumping screaming
Spoiler:
Elsa's
name. Wahooo! Oh my gosh, my heart
Spoiler:
breaks for Regina.
For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:17)
TheNewCora

Postby TheNewCora » Mon May 12, 2014 2:19 am

Well, let me start with I did hate last week's episode a lot!!!

Now these two episodes were a roller coaster for me. I love the whole time trip Emma and Hook took, it was fantastic I think and I originally thought I wouldn't like it. The whole lovey dovey thing at the end was a bit of downward slope, it was sweet but it was slightly cheesy, and not like fine French cheese made from cream, it was American cheese made from plastic.
Spoiler:
I mean I'm not a fan of Rumpbelle (or however you spell it) but I don't think there wedding should be rushed like it was.
Spoiler:
However, once Regina and Marion met, it was wonderful because I was like...THE EVIL QUEEN IS COMING BACK!!! Finally, a possible return to the greatness of the original plot. Plus, I hate the whole redemption thing, it's nice to know Regina may go back to her old ways

However, once that awful ending where the
Spoiler:
Frozen chick
walked in I was like
Spoiler:
Oh, great they had to bring in some manufactured Disney crap into the picture
, thus the second and biggest and most disappointing downward slope on the roller coaster of this episode. I have come to understand I have a love/hate relationship with this show or what the writers are doing to it anyway. I can only hope they will find loop holes and Cora finds her way back.
"In the end it isn't good or evil that wins, but power."
"It's apple pies that make the men folks' mouths water."
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 12, 2014 2:19 am

lets start what i didnt like. its a very short list:

the kiss between Emma and Hook. I dont know if i can deal with them two being together next season.
Emma bring Marian to Storybrooke. She should have LET HER DIE. Stupid Emma. She started a brand new love triangle. STUPID STUPID STUPID

Now on to the good:
Prince Neal. Neal will live forever. that was such a touching great scene.
Loved seeing Neal is the past. I can tell that scene takes place the same day Emma and Neal met in TALLAHASSEE
Glad Emma finally accepting Storybrooke as her home.
Congrats to Rumple and Belle
Emma coming up with those creative names.
Rumple asking that silly question after he took the potion.
Emma finally being in the book
see marco and Pinocchio in the past

Question: Where is Philip?

I guess IMDb was wrong. No Rapunzel or Will.

"Elsa" better be evil like she is in THE SNOW QUEEN or at least 1st half of season 4 will suck a little. its already going to suck with Hook and Emma together. gross
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
KayAshley

Postby KayAshley » Mon May 12, 2014 2:33 am

I loved these episodes! I have been watching since season 1 and I loved revisiting the past. The comedy was great (with Rumple's what the hell am i doing here? & Hook's bloody hell)

Rumbelle
The Rumbelle wedding was sweet and perfect for them. I hate that Rumple is still lying to belle but did any body expect him not to kill Zelena i mean really...

Regina
I don't mind the new love triangle as long as Regina gets her happy ending. I hope these dosn't end her light magic because i'm tired of seeing Regina hurt shes worked hard to redeem herself. I new the woman was Robins wife as soon as i saw her because i remembered she was a minority (ive seen all rumbelle scenes more than is healthy lol)

Frozen
as far as the new character being from frozen i don't really care. i just hope shes a villain.

P.S. can somebody please tell me the CORRECT quote from belles vows "Sometimes the best books have the dustiest cover and teacups are chipped" thanks
KingOfHearts

Postby KingOfHearts » Mon May 12, 2014 2:54 am

Wow. An entire adventure and I feel like little actually happened.

Pros:
* Emma. Hopefully accepting home is a major step for her. I really hope she changed for real.
* Flashbacks. Finally - we got an Emma as a kid flashback. Not only that, but another Neal cameo.
* Characters. There were so many characters in this episode two-parter, it was probably the highlight of the evening. Red, Blue Fairy, Gepetto, Kathryn, King Midas, Neal, Aurora. That was a nice treat.
* Rumple of the Past. He was my favorite part of the time traveling. That and Emma seeing his imp state. "Why the hell am I in here?" was easily the best line of the night.

Cons:
* The baby's name. I just can't tolerate that at all. So creepy. I was repeating in my mind "Charles! Charles!", but nope. That was my biggest beef of the episode.
* Lack of plot movement. Not much truly happened overall. Regina's relationship got a reset. Emma accepted home for the billionith time. She never admitted love for Hook. The time loop was fixed, albeit a certain jar and an unexecuted maiden. You'd think the season finale would have gotten more interesting. I was really rooting for Rumple NOT to drink the potion and mess everything up.
* The Climax. Anticipated a major twist that would change life as we know it. (Like 3x11) Yet no cigar.
* Elsa. I don't disagree that she would be a welcomed addition to the show, but I think she's a bad choice for a villain. She's too similar to Zelena - a sorceress that's had magic since birth, yet finds difficulty controlling it. When the blue goop came out, I suspected it to be Jafar. Sadly, no. I'm really not excited about Elsa as a big bad.
* Outlaw Queen's Demise. Like a tower of blocks crashing down, the romance with Regina met an untimely end. Did she seriously revert back to S2 Regina?

It was a fun and humorous adventure, but lacked the plot thrust you'd expect from a season finale.

Spoiler:
I guess we'll all be waiting until September for Elsa to strut her stuff.
leighskywalker

Postby leighskywalker » Mon May 12, 2014 2:58 am

WHat I liked
That Red was there to help them
That Emma said she would save the woman because it was the right thing to do (Even if she did know it was Marion she would have saved her)
That Emma told Rumplestilskin to drink the potion bec she loved Neal too
That it was Maid Marion she saved
Emma huging Snow after she realized she was still alive
All the couples seemingly happy
THe look on Regina face when she found out her true love's wife was back
The Snow Queen's arrival

What I hated
Captain Swann becoming a couple (I'm a Swanfire guy I know he's dead but it though not as werid still werid now that Killian can be like {though of course he won't do it} Hey kid I slept with ur grandma and your Mom.)
The look that Regina gives Emma

The fact that the charming name their son after their Maternal grandson's father (THank g-d this is fiction THis could be any more crazy)
[quote][/quote]
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Mon May 12, 2014 3:25 am

Not bad at all for a season finale specially after the very disappointing last episode before this one.

Spoiler:
The episode was a complete homage to back to the future down to Emma sing Leia as her name just Marty used Calvin Klein, thankfully she did not began to dematerialize as Marty did, one ting is I do not recall Marion looking anything like the woman they rescued from the past and Marion was not originally executed by the queen either so by trying to preserve the past they changed it after all and poor Regina. :cry:
Wonder who was that at the end any ideas?

A 6 out of 10 for this one
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 am

I really liked the show as for the next bad person they are saying it is Else from Frozen, the Ice Queen.

I didn't like the baby being named Neal, Neal didn't save them he caused all the problems. This kind of ruin the whole show for me. :x
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 12, 2014 3:32 am

PunkMaister wrote:Not bad at all for a season finale specially after the very disappointing last episode before this one.

Spoiler:
The episode was a complete homage to back to the future down to Emma sing Leia as her name just Marty used Calvin Klein, thankfully she did not began to dematerialize as Marty did, one ting is I do not recall Marion looking anything like the woman they rescued from the past and Marion was not originally executed by the queen either so by trying to preserve the past they changed it after all and poor Regina. :cry:
Wonder who was that at the end any ideas?

A 6 out of 10 for this one

that was THE SNOW QUEEN looking like Disney version of the Snow Queen, Elsa
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Mon May 12, 2014 3:43 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:that was THE SNOW QUEEN looking like Disney version of the Snow Queen, Elsa

Ah I see but will she be like her Disney counterpart or like the villain she was originally portrayed as in the fairy tale? That remains to be seen...
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 12, 2014 4:03 am

PunkMaister wrote:
The Wiz of Oz wrote:that was THE SNOW QUEEN looking like Disney version of the Snow Queen, Elsa

Ah I see but will she be like her Disney counterpart or like the villain she was originally portrayed as in the fairy tale? That remains to be seen...

I'm going with twisting the original story. She wasnt EVIL in FROZEN. She is suppose to be the villain next season
Adoptapom

Postby Adoptapom » Mon May 12, 2014 4:08 am

Loved it. Loved everything but Marion.

Stoked for ...

Spoiler:
The ice is coming...

You know that will be the promo!!!

Captain Swan foreverrrrr! (I did think the baby would be Charles though...)
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Mon May 12, 2014 4:21 am

''No'' Its as if the writers want the show to fail.

In the original timeline, Robin was attracted to the woman who kept Marian prisoner then executed her? :shrug2: :shrug2:
Even if Robin or someone else broke Marian out of her cell in the *original* timeline and Regina didn't end up executing her, and Marian died another way (for which Robin blames himself), then he still has enough reason to hate Regina. So why is even attracted to her let alone with her? So confused. Pixie dust or no, I just don't understand Robin. I really don't.

That marriage between Rumple and Belle felt like a sham, because of his deceit.

'Frozen'/Snow Queen is next? I'm so disappointed.Why on earth would that time portal bring her anyway? Its a time portal, not a normal portal.

That whole adventure going back in time felt like a waste of two hours. It would have been better spent stretching out the Zelena storyline. I guess the whole point was to bring Marian to the future to push Regina back to darkness (even though the Snow Queen appears to be the next villain?).

Not sure if I will watch the next season. Depends on how much I will miss Lana Parrilla haha.

Edit 1
Just realised that in the original timeline there was no way that robin could have known that Marian had been captured at all, let alone executed by the evil queen, because Marian let her family think she was dead...but right now i cant think of how Marian managed to do that, and what her fake death was...or who tried to kill her/what the circumstances were that put her in harms way that robin blames himself for.

Also very impressed that sw managed to access what was left of the fairydust around her neck with her hands in the air tied to the post, and in the split second before the fire hit her turn herself into a bug...are ladybugs fireproof does anyone know?

Edit 2
So Jennifer Morrison plays Emma like she has zero interest in Hook (not walls up, but zero interest), they go off on a time travel adventure, Hook sells his ship for a magic bean (how convenient that there was still one more in circulation, btw!), and Emma is all ''I had a couple days of non-slimey come-ons from you in the Enchanted Forest, and you sold your ship to get back to me...I think he deserves a kiss!'' (I know this not what happened, but in order for the acting and the plot to make sense, then this is how it should be interpreted!).
Any young girls reading this: YOU ARE NOT OBLIGED TO KISS A MAN WHO HAS STALKED YOU, SELLS HIS SHIP FOR YOU.ITS HIS FEELINGS AND HIS CHOICE.

I am not happy with the actress's acting choices. I doubt that she was directed to do that seeing as in several interviews she has said that Emma's walls are up, even before she likely got the script for the finale.

This story line also reeks of male writers who have been frustrated about not getting the girls they liked in the past, despite all their gentlemanly (perhaps creepy?) grand gestures.
Last edited by eleruen on Tue May 13, 2014 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Justcurious

Postby Justcurious » Mon May 12, 2014 5:21 am

Ok...

Liked:
-I did like the whole going back in time aspect of it. Especially when they interacted with Rumple (although I do think he would have been more proactive considering that his son's life involved).
-Hook and Emma getting together
-Seeing Red

Didn't like:
Marion coming back. Grrrrrrr. Regina can never catch a break can she? To me, this is the creators going 'okay, Regina has had a few happy moments with her new lover. But we can't have her stay good remember? We have to keep her constantly going between bad and good. Which means that she can't have good things stay in her life. So remember how her old love was taken away? Lets do the same idea with a new love. Just to tip her back on the dark side again'.
I get that her and Rumple are the most dynamic people on the show. But that does not mean they have to unnecessarily give them reasons (Regina with her love being taken away and never getting what she wants for long, Rumple with the death and dagger)to go back 'on the dark side'. Their struggle is becoming annoying at this point, I don't see reason to continue it anymore.

-New villain. Really?

-No Maleficent. Why????
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Mon May 12, 2014 5:59 am

Liked seeing Emma's magic return. I kinda think after watching the episode that Emma needed to accept that Storybrooke is her home where her family is. I hope it's permanent this time.

And the hug between Emma and her parents when she returned made me kinda happy.

I wanted to smack Emma from bringing back Marion. Really? Do we really need relationship drama between Regina and Robin, and Regina being upset with Emma? Was that the only way to bring out the inner Evil Queen?

I'm torn on them bringing in the Snow Queen to the show since even Rumple fears her and had her locked away in his dungeon. I pray that she's not related to anyone in Storybrooke because that stick is getting old.

What was the point in Sarah Blogger being there? Did they need someone to stand there and look pretty?
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 am

I missed Zelena. Looks like a divorce is in view for Rumbelle. The evil queen isn't back, she's just hurt. What is Regina going to do? Go all evil queen over a guy she basically just met? Awesome seeing Neal!!! I think I'm actually starting to like Hook. I hope I am because I don't want to cringe every time I see him and Emma. I need some Zelena fanfic.
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 12, 2014 7:50 am

tcweh

Postby tcweh » Mon May 12, 2014 8:01 am

Looks like Regina has relapsed.......Again. Robin is never going to forgive her after this.

I Spotted a plothole though..How did Snow already seem to know why Regina hated her, when she was clueless up until 1x21 (she had already fell in love with Charming by then).
He-Lord

Postby He-Lord » Mon May 12, 2014 10:04 am

They totally borrowed the Back to the Future plot for these episodes.

Spoiler:
Also, I really hope they aren't simply making a live action version of Elsa from frozen. I'd still rather her be The Snow Queen and the villain. But, they have her wearing Elsa's outfit, and her name probably will be Elsa. But, I sure hope that's the only similarities.

Return to “Episode Discussion”