[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [3x22] There's No Place Like Home?

Yes
43
78%
No
5
9%
Meh
7
13%
 
Total votes: 55
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby CTrent29 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Why are so many of you reluctant on the idea of Emma being in love with Hook or falling in love with him? You don't want her to have a love interest? Are you SwanQueen fans? Did you want Neal to remain alive and "recapture" Emma's love? :shrug2:
User avatar
Her Mayorness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: The Forest
Contact:

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Her Mayorness » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:06 am

I'm not reluctant to the idea of Emma falling in love with Hook. She's proven herself to be a strong woman time and time again, and now she can have her love interest. She's not in love with Hook yet, but she will be. There has been evident attraction, story developing ever since they first met, and who wouldn't fall in love with what he'd done for her.

I think a very large portion of those who are opposed to Emma and Regina having (separate) love interests are Swan Queen fans indeed. Excuses like strong women don't need anyone or Henry is enough, or bad writing are just too... feeble.
So strong women are single, and weak women are in a relationship? I mean, come on. In my opinion, Regina is strong even when she's crushed on the floor for whatever reason.
Having Henry and having a relationship with a man are two incomparable things.
As for bad writing... Let's not forget that this is fantasy fiction and whether a storyline development will match real world is not that relevant.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:33 pm

CTrent29 wrote:Why are so many of you reluctant on the idea of Emma being in love with Hook or falling in love with him? You don't want her to have a love interest? Are you SwanQueen fans? Did you want Neal to remain alive and "recapture" Emma's love? :shrug2:


People don't like the idea of Emma being in love with Hook when for three seasons, they have not written her to even seem that interested in dating the dashing pirate. I loved this person's explanations of why Ijust cant get down with that pairing.

http://wordssometimesfail.tumblr.com/post/89476976454/he-was-framed-how-a-e-killed-captain-swan
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Never said that Emma is not a strong woman. It is just, given in the context how they written Emma and Hook's interactions, Hook is just not that great of a match for her and I don't apologize to think that. Making innuendos of rape when in their fight scenes. Leaving her and her family and friends in a prison that even the Dark One could escape. Luckily for Emma being a strong woman she is, she helped Regina to stopped the trigger. If not, Hook having his moment of guilt will and still does not mean anything.

Only helping Charming out to get in good with Emma and admitted that. Leaving said family when Emma was not in the picture. I just have alot of issues of him "supposedly" it for Emma. I still say that his story is shifty about him giving up the ship. Maybe they will show the circumstances in Season 4. But for something to be a monumental sacrifice, it would have been epic to actually see it. But just like what we saw with Hook and the Ariel situation, things could get blurry.

I am seriously, utterly, unequivocally sick of people responding that it is fantasy fiction, therefore, we should accept bad writing. Just because this is a fantasy world, does not mean we should excuse the plot holes and illogical things that happens in OUAT. Like, this is a universe that they created and made rules for. How can you not even follow the rules of something you written?

Like, why doesn't Snow and Charming pay a price when the whole principle of the show is "Magic comes with a price?"

How can Regina manage to break a curse with no heart when we saw with Cora, The Knave, and others how without a heart, you cannot feel?

What happen with the vial of blood that Zelena procured?

I really really love this show but people have write to be legitimately concern with its direction. Saying that the show is fantasy fiction does not negate how sloppy it is.
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:15 am

fiend wrote:
CTrent29 wrote:Why are so many of you reluctant on the idea of Emma being in love with Hook or falling in love with him? You don't want her to have a love interest? Are you SwanQueen fans? Did you want Neal to remain alive and "recapture" Emma's love? :shrug2:


People don't like the idea of Emma being in love with Hook when for three seasons, they have not written her to even seem that interested in dating the dashing pirate. I loved this person's explanations of why Ijust cant get down with that pairing.

http://wordssometimesfail.tumblr.com/post/89476976454/he-was-framed-how-a-e-killed-captain-swan

After reading the persons post on the tumblr link. i have to say i totally agree... I felt the same way but couldn't put it into words. This post does a good job.
Still the same shark
fiend wrote:...
I am seriously, utterly, unequivocally sick of people responding that it is fantasy fiction, therefore, we should accept bad writing. Just because this is a fantasy world, does not mean we should excuse the plot holes and illogical things that happens in OUAT. Like, this is a universe that they created and made rules for. How can you not even follow the rules of something you written?

Like, why doesn't Snow and Charming pay a price when the whole principle of the show is "Magic comes with a price?"

How can Regina manage to break a curse with no heart when we saw with Cora, The Knave, and others how without a heart, you cannot feel?

What happen with the vial of blood that Zelena procured?

I really really love this show but people have write to be legitimately concern with its direction. Saying that the show is fantasy fiction does not negate how sloppy it is.

The rules are a bit confusion, but then again I suppose if they (the writers) made the rules, they can find loopholes (much like Rumple would)to better suit their needs

I also noticed that not everyone seems to pay (an immediate) price for magic (but I am hoping that eventually everyone will down the line... sometimes though i just dont know, what they are trying to do)

As for the curse breaking and feeling w/out a heart, i believe they explain that by indicating that Regina has the ability to feel with her entirety (her soul or something like that) and because of that she can still feel, just not as intensely (i guess muffled)

As for the sloppiness, I am giving the writers the benefit of the doubt. It is their story, im sure they know what they are doing with it... we the viewers/fans are just not being clued in
Image
User avatar
Secret Keeper
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Secret Keeper » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:35 am

fiend wrote:How can Regina manage to break a curse with no heart when we saw with Cora, The Knave, and others how without a heart, you cannot feel?


Maybe just having the love in the heart associated with her, even if said heart wasn't actually in her at the time, was enough. Just throwing the theory out there.
He's a writer. Typewriter wrapped in an enigma wrapped in stubble.
User avatar
Her Mayorness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: The Forest
Contact:

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Her Mayorness » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:42 am

As for Emma and Hook, JMo finally explained everything at OzCon, saying their relationship has been developing ever since they met, and her pushing him away all the time, thus behaving like she's not interested in him, was just because Emma did or does feel attracted to him. Not sure what you mean by rape hints during the fight, but the remark of doing things with a woman on her back is more of what he'd do with her if they both agreed.

fiend wrote:
I am seriously, utterly, unequivocally sick of people responding that it is fantasy fiction, therefore, we should accept bad writing. Just because this is a fantasy world, does not mean we should excuse the plot holes and illogical things that happens in OUAT. Like, this is a universe that they created and made rules for. How can you not even follow the rules of something you written?

Feeling's mutual when people actually misunderstand what is meant by this. Bad writing refers to a bad story, but not plot holes. Fantasy means - not like in the real world. Nothing more, nothing less.

Plot holes are a different story. There are a few, but if it involves minor characters, I just don't care.

Like, why doesn't Snow and Charming pay a price when the whole principle of the show is "Magic comes with a price?"


This is something I can agree with. Maybe they don't pay anything because they are Royals, I don't know.. really.

BUT!

How can Regina manage to break a curse with no heart when we saw with Cora, The Knave, and others how without a heart, you cannot feel?


Don't forget the hunter. He hasn't felt anything since he lost his heart. However, Regina managed to break the curse because she could feel with all her soul. Snow explains this clearly in 3x18 "I've known you, you love with all your soul". Also, because she had already started to change and do good things and thus light magic. This is not a plot hole.

What happen with the vial of blood that Zelena procured?


According to the almighty creators who had already been asked the question on twitter, it was supposed to be used to break the blood magic seal but they admit it had been made unclear - she did not need the blood since she had indeed been her sister. Maybe she took that blood as precaution.

I disagree about the sloppiness. It's sloppy as any other complicated show with flashbacks and what not. I do wish some questions had been answered too, but if not, I'm certainly not going to stop watching because of minor burps which are irrelevant to the bigger picture.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby CTrent29 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:32 pm

People don't like the idea of Emma being in love with Hook when for three seasons, they have not written her to even seem that interested in dating the dashing pirate. I loved this person's explanations of why Ijust cant get down with that pairing.


Do you need the series to bang you over the head regarding Emma's feelings for Hook? They're not Snow White and Charming, who seemed to express their love for each other every other minute. I've been aware of Emma's interest in Hook since last year. This isn't wishful thinking on my part. I've just noticed.


How can Regina manage to break a curse with no heart when we saw with Cora, The Knave, and others how without a heart, you cannot feel?


And yet . . . Cora clutched the rose that Regina had placed on her coffin in one of the flashback scenes for "Queen of Hearts" for 28 years without a heart. There was a scene in which Cora seemed to be in some state of parental rapture, while examining Regina's wardrobe in "The Outsider". Without a heart. Graham became attracted to Emma . . . without a heart. Apparently, one can feel without a heart, despite Cora's words.


From the Tumblr article - http://wordssometimesfail.tumblr.com/po ... ptain-swan - on Emma and Hook:

"In Season 2, Hook was a misogynistic, whiny asshole with a long-buried good streak, and the show treated him as such."


Hook was never misogynistic. I don't how that person came up with that idea. He simply propositioned Emma with an occasional crude overture, because he lacked the courage to express how he really feel. This is NOT misogyny.

In fact, I disliked this article immensely. It seemed to me that the writer has this romance novel view on love stories and seemed incredibly incapable of understanding complex love stories, let alone complex characters.


RC_addicted wrote:Another dislike that is actually consequence of the previous one: The unconvincing/half cooked lovers resulting from the pressure to pair the women.

Regina and Robin: Is that anything more out of element that Robin Hood enjoying wine and cheese in a wealthy and sophisticated living room like Regina's? No. If only there could have been more screen time between Robin Hood and the Evil Queen where the love-hate relationship got more time ... that would make the present link more convincing. It is established though: by her own words, that she needs a man love to be happy ("I didn't think I could have this again" or something like that she says to Robin). So be it. Regina's character does seem to have one need: motherhood. So maybe this also has to do with the fact that she practically 'lost' Henry to Emma ( what I also dislike). Are the writers somehow trying to make up a kid for other? Weird. :roll:

Emma and Hook (or Emma and any man): no chemistry. You can be 'devilish handsome' (for whoever is into extra hairy chests and eyeliner) or have a permanent expression of boredom like Neal, the pairings are not convincing. Maybe that's why they keep trying it? First the Sheriff, then Bae and now Hook. The latest being the most polarizing choice and Jerry Springer-ish. Henry's potential step daddy is also the former lover of his gramma? creepyyieee. :?


You sound like a Swan Queen fan. You're entitled to be one. If not, my mistake. Whether you are one or not, I just don't find your arguments convincing.

Also, many seemed to complain that Regina and Robin's romance was too fast. Yet, no one has ever considered that their story was just beginning.
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Do you need the series to bang you over the head regarding Emma's feelings for Hook? They're not Snow White and Charming, who seemed to express their love for each other every other minute. I've been aware of Emma's interest in Hook since last year. This isn't wishful thinking on my part. I've just noticed.


-How they written Emma, it does not show that she is actively trying to get in a relationship with Hook, nor, even when he pursues, they don't write her to seem interested to recipocate. That is a one sided relationship. Excuse me to think that Emma is not interested if when she says things like "If you are going to curse someone, at least curse someone who I will kiss". Just piss poor writing.

And yet . . . Cora clutched the rose that Regina had placed on her coffin in one of the flashback scenes for "Queen of Hearts" for 28 years without a heart. There was a scene in which Cora seemed to be in some state of parental rapture, while examining Regina's wardrobe in "The Outsider". Without a heart. Graham became attracted to Emma . . . without a heart. Apparently, one can feel without a heart, despite Cora's words.


Regina feels with her soul, I get it.

Hook was never misogynistic. I don't how that person came up with that idea. He simply propositioned Emma with an occasional crude overture, because he lacked the courage to express how he really feel. This is NOT misogyny.


Wow, so you think he is gentleman? His repeated bouts of violence against women is canon unless say for those that can heart him (life Cora).

In fact, I disliked this article immensely. It seemed to me that the writer has this romance novel view on love stories and seemed incredibly incapable of understanding complex love stories, let alone complex characters.


It is not a complex story. It is poorly written. Obviously there has been fangirling of HOok because he is hot, so that is why they are trying to force him more into the plot. There was a comic con or interview with the cast and they were reading fans' favorite character lines. Colin was hesistant to read his. Want to know why? It is just, "When I stab you with my sword, you'll feel it" to Emma when he was onto of her in Season 2 in EF.
That is not a romantic gesture in the least bit, that is implied assault. Such a gentleman that guy.

Also, many seemed to complain that Regina and Robin's romance was too fast. Yet, no one has ever considered that their story was just beginning.


Ok. Let's take what you just said. The relationship is just beginning. Why in the hell would Regina, who does not trust easily, decide to give her heart to a man that she barely knows, smells like forest, and is pretty darn weak when she has a powerful witch to go up against? That does not make sense in the least bit. Hell, the only times he shot his bow in Storybrooke was at her, lolol. Freaking useless character.

She would have been better off leaving her heart with the only other magic user in Storybrook, Emma. (No, she will never trust the Blue Fairy). And hell, to hide her heart with leaves over it, laughable. But then again she did tried to bury it in the dirt. Like hello....get a box. Your vault has boxes full of them. Sheeshh. She is OOC and people aren't buying that farce of a "soulmate" romance the writers are pulling out their arses.

I hope Season 4 does not focus on Robin nor Marian. Like, yeah be made at Emma for 5 minutes but get over it. You only knew him for 2 weeks. The year in EF does not count. She couldn't even stand him. Regina, go drink some apple cider, reconnect with Henry, still be able to love, and call it a day. They do not need to spend more than 1 episode on that freaking, ew I don't even want to call it a relationship. Just move along.
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:30 am

Regarding Emma and Hook :

CTrent29 wrote: I've been aware of Emma's interest in Hook since last year. This isn't wishful thinking on my part. I've just noticed. ... Hook was never misogynistic. I don't how that person came up with that idea. He simply propositioned Emma with an occasional crude overture, because he lacked the courage to express how he really feel. This is NOT misogyny. ...


The attraction was obvious (there really is no need to be hit over the head to see it) but the relationship did not appear as if it was going to happen. I honestly expected them to just hook up and maybe have some fun(a hook up, is not a relationship, its physical attraction that delves into pleasure)... as for his "misogyny" He never claims to dislike women, rather he claims to enjoy their company. So though his treatment/respect towards women is not good, its also not misogynistic. as Ctrent29 comments, there's lack in his expression. Look at where they are situated, and the company he holds. He is not in a world where women are held in high regard. He is surrounded by pirates, surly men, why would you expect him to behave otherwise (he is not going to/wouldn't behave like Charming)
Still a shark is a shark, and the change in music is a little off.(Regarding the Tumblr article)
fiend wrote: Wow, so you think he is gentleman? His repeated bouts of violence against women is canon unless say for those that can heart him (life Cora).
... Obviously there has been fangirling of HOok because he is hot, so that is why they are trying to force him more into the plot. There was a comic con or interview with the cast and they were reading fans' favorite character lines. Colin was hesistant to read his. Want to know why? It is just, "When I stab you with my sword, you'll feel it" to Emma when he was onto of her in Season 2 in EF.
That is not a romantic gesture in the least bit, that is implied assault. Such a gentleman that guy.


No one said gentleman. He is a pirate, his world is violence (let us look at it realistically) also he is not an idiot so why harass Cora (super powerful villain who everyone seems to be afraid of), simply wouldn't make sense. AND yes, Hook is hot, it would be dumb of the writers/producers not to give their audience(ratings) what they want (eye candy). Collin the actor had hesitation reading the line because he knows better (he is not a pirate, he is a man of this century from a 1st world country) yet a pirate, who is clearly attracted would definitely throw those words out there. (that doesn't make it romantic or gentlemanly)
Her Mayorness wrote:As for Emma and Hook, JMo finally explained everything at OzCon, saying their relationship has been developing ever since they met, and her pushing him away all the time, thus behaving like she's not interested in him, was just because Emma did or does feel attracted to him. ...

ah, good to know.(actors insight :) )

Regarding Regina & Robin:

CTrent29 wrote:Also, many seemed to complain that Regina and Robin's romance was too fast. Yet, no one has ever considered that their story was just beginning.


*arms crossed and pouting* Yea well it shouldn't have been "just beginning" 'cus they had an entire year (but the writers didn't develop it as such, so i should get over it... eventually :roll: )
fiend wrote:... Why in the hell would Regina, who does not trust easily, decide to give her heart to a man that she barely knows, smells like forest, and is pretty darn weak when she has a powerful witch to go up against? That does not make sense in the least bit. Hell, the only times he shot his bow in Storybrooke was at her, lolol. Freaking useless character. ... She would have been better off leaving her heart with the only other magic user in Storybrook, Emma. (No, she will never trust the Blue Fairy). And hell, to hide her heart with leaves over it, laughable. But then again she did tried to bury it in the dirt. Like hello....get a box. Your vault has boxes full of them. Sheeshh. She is OOC and people aren't buying that farce of a "soulmate" romance the writers are pulling out their arses.


first off, i am very much wanting to buy into "soulmate" (not true love, and i hope there is a difference but that's another post for another day). second, of course she would give her heart to someone (who seems good/honorable) considering it's the last place the accuser/stalker would search, (as a villain,I would definitely think to look w/the savior, the blue fairy is too shady, if Regina had any known friends/family she could trust, i would go there first) thus a (seemingly)stranger like Robin is a good place. As for the box/burying her heart in the ground, she was a broken woman so wanting to get rid of the heart made sense, she did seem desperate (can't your recognize a desperate soul?)so though i would have liked her to put it in a box/satchel/something safe, i kinda understand. Also the man is not useless (though he did seem to be against Zelena, but everyone seemed useless against Zelena) he gave her hope for a second chance (at love).
fiend wrote:I hope Season 4 does not focus on Robin nor Marian. Like, yeah be made at Emma for 5 minutes but get over it. You only knew him for 2 weeks. The year in EF does not count. She couldn't even stand him. Regina, go drink some apple cider, reconnect with Henry, still be able to love, and call it a day. They do not need to spend more than 1 episode on that freaking, ew I don't even want to call it a relationship. Just move along.


In the forest she "couldn't stand him", but she was attracted to him. I would have LOVED it if they(writers) would have developed the relationship(doesn't even have to be romantic, friendly would be good) during the year in the forest... Alcoholism (er Cider addiction/reliance) is not the way, and she is entitled to be mad for more than 5 minutes, her hope (which she reluctantly finally took) has been torn asunder. And technically they did delve into each others past, and hopes so this might be a relationship (no matter how "ew" or abrupt). But she should reconnect w/Henry (obviously, he is her son), and she should work on overcoming the relationship (tis doomed now). However (concerning Robin and Marion, i strongly believe that) all characters introduced, deserve to have their story seen through (even if its just like w/Ariel. something happened, they get over it, happy endings.)

k i think ive said my peace...
also I love this fansite forum y'all are so passionate sometimes :D and tis good to hear the diff. perspectives. Gracias.
Image
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:19 pm

No one wants to admit that Emma had been attracted to Hook for quite some time. Very few can't even accept Regina's feelings for Robin or vice versa. Either no one wants either Emma or Regina to find romance or this board is dominated by Swan Queen fans.


Regina feels with her soul, I get it.


And apparently, Cora was also able to feel love for her daughter without a heart. Which only tells me that the heart is a poor means to measure someone's ability to feel love.
User avatar
Her Mayorness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: The Forest
Contact:

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Her Mayorness » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 am

First off, nobody needs to "buy into" soul mate, because this is a show postulate. If you don't accept the very rules of the show then I seriously don't understand why would you watch. Creators have every right to add or change magical rules, don't they. Especially if they do it in a very believable way.

Yes, I agree. With all that blabber about "rushed and forced", nobody (but Outlaw Queen fans) has ever stopped to think that their relationship has just begun. Isn't it exactly what Regina told Henry in 3x19??? As for the missing year, indeed I would too like to have seen much more of them. I admit that part of their lives has been underused.
Why in the hell would Regina, who does not trust easily, decide to give her heart to a man that she barely knows, smells like forest, and is pretty darn weak when she has a powerful witch to go up against? That does not make sense in the least bit. Hell, the only times he shot his bow in Storybrooke was at her, lolol. Freaking useless character. ... She would have been better off leaving her heart with the only other magic user in Storybrook, Emma. (No, she will never trust the Blue Fairy). And hell, to hide her heart with leaves over it, laughable. But then again she did tried to bury it in the dirt. Like hello....get a box. Your vault has boxes full of them. Sheeshh. She is OOC and people aren't buying that farce of a "soulmate" romance the writers are pulling out their arses.


Robin Hood useless?? Are we even watching the same show.. :shrug2:
And why in the freaking hell would she leave the heart to Emma?? Firstly, she dislikes the woman and doesn't trust her now that they are back in SB (in Neverland she was forced to trust her). Secondly she has magic but she could pretty much do nothing with it at that point. Didn't anyone see how Zelena blasted her off in 3x16 and further on. She was only able to use it once in 3x19 to rescue Henry against Zelena because she had a big motive. As much as Robin did not have magic, he was able to keep the heart longer than Emma would have been capable of,(given the instant blasts she would have received from both Zelena and Rumple) with all her magic, again at that particular point. We all saw how he fought for his soul mate's heart because he simply knew, until Rumple pointed the arrow at Roland. Thirdly, as much as people want to annihilate the soul mate thing, Regina does believe in magical rules, so Robin was naturally her choice and she acceots pixie dust doesn't lie so she knew she could trust him.

But if you ask me, that is if I were Regina, I would hide it some place where nobody would know.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
joym13
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby joym13 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Her Mayorness wrote:First off, nobody needs to "buy into" soul mate, because this is a show postulate. If you don't accept the very rules of the show then I seriously don't understand why would you watch. Creators have every right to add or change magical rules, don't they. Especially if they do it in a very believable way.

Yes, I agree. With all that blabber about "rushed and forced", nobody (but Outlaw Queen fans) has ever stopped to think that their relationship has just begun. Isn't it exactly what Regina told Henry in 3x19??? As for the missing year, indeed I would too like to have seen much more of them. I admit that part of their lives has been underused.
Why in the hell would Regina, who does not trust easily, decide to give her heart to a man that she barely knows, smells like forest, and is pretty darn weak when she has a powerful witch to go up against? That does not make sense in the least bit. Hell, the only times he shot his bow in Storybrooke was at her, lolol. Freaking useless character. ... She would have been better off leaving her heart with the only other magic user in Storybrook, Emma. (No, she will never trust the Blue Fairy). And hell, to hide her heart with leaves over it, laughable. But then again she did tried to bury it in the dirt. Like hello....get a box. Your vault has boxes full of them. Sheeshh. She is OOC and people aren't buying that farce of a "soulmate" romance the writers are pulling out their arses.


Robin Hood useless?? Are we even watching the same show.. :shrug2:
And why in the freaking hell would she leave the heart to Emma?? Firstly, she dislikes the woman and doesn't trust her now that they are back in SB (in Neverland she was forced to trust her). Secondly she has magic but she could pretty much do nothing with it at that point. Didn't anyone see how Zelena blasted her off in 3x16 and further on. She was only able to use it once in 3x19 to rescue Henry against Zelena because she had a big motive. As much as Robin did not have magic, he was able to keep the heart longer than Emma would have been capable of,(given the instant blasts she would have received from both Zelena and Rumple) with all her magic, again at that particular point. We all saw how he fought for his soul mate's heart because he simply knew, until Rumple pointed the arrow at Roland. Thirdly, as much as people want to annihilate the soul mate thing, Regina does believe in magical rules, so Robin was naturally her choice and she acceots pixie dust doesn't lie so she knew she could trust him.

But if you ask me, that is if I were Regina, I would hide it some place where nobody would know.


I agree with you. As for Regina treating Robin badly back in the Echanted Forest - that was her defense mechanism. She didn't want to admit her attraction to herself or anyone else. I'm sure more happened in the missing year too, we may still see some of it in season 4. As far as them only being together for a short time - I think what people aren't thinking of is that he's been in her head for over 30 years. Back when the pixie dust brought her to the man with the tatoo - she's known in her mind that she ran away from her possible happy ending, now after 30+ years she's finally gotten the courage to go for it and Marion comes back to ruin it. The time she's actually spent with Robin doesn't matter.

As far as giving her heart to Robin, I figured she thought no one would know he had it. I don't remember now, how did Zelena figure that out?
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 pm

joym13 wrote:... As for Regina treating Robin badly back in the Echanted Forest - that was her defense mechanism. She didn't want to admit her attraction to herself or anyone else. I'm sure more happened in the missing year too, we may still see some of it in season 4. As far as them only being together for a short time - I think what people aren't thinking of is that he's been in her head for over 30 years. Back when the pixie dust brought her to the man with the tatoo - she's known in her mind that she ran away from her possible happy ending, now after 30+ years she's finally gotten the courage to go for it and Marion comes back to ruin it. The time she's actually spent with Robin doesn't matter.

As far as giving her heart to Robin, I figured she thought no one would know he had it. I don't remember now, how did Zelena figure that out?


its true, sometimes we are hesitant to take the happiness someone promises for fear (as human beings we have many flaws and fear is one of them.) *happy sigh* so yea, she could have been thinking of "what if" when she finally decides to accept (the idea of soulmate/truelove) Robin. (I really hope that so much more happened in the missing year between them but) Still they didn't get to spend enough time getting to know/fall in love with each other (I dont like the idea of Love at first sight, I think ppl must get to know each other before falling in love, i think the time they spent together matters very much).
Zelena didn't find it per say, she sent out Rumple to find it (and i'm sure that through magic or something he was able to find it).
Image
User avatar
lilpo
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby lilpo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Generally I liked it. I'm in with what negative almost everybody said about Belle's and Rumpelstiltskin's wedding. I was disappointed that Rumpelstiltskin didn't trust her.

About Robin and Regina, well, I think it was a mistake for the writers to show us that Robin had the lion tatoo in 3x03. It should have been in 3x15, so that all of the viewers who didn't see that coming would be as surprised as Regina was. It was kind of rushed, imo, but when Robin identified Marian and Regina went mad, I was like "WTH? He's spent 30 years or so mourning her, and now he's choosing Regina. OK, it will bring up some problems, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'll stop loving (or at least, caring for) Regina." Rushed, rushed. Imagine Daniel coming back... would we react the same way?
-After all, he couldn't help being happy seeing her, first of all that's what you do when you see that someone you love (not necessarily romantically) is safe and sound, and secondly because he knew that his son wouldn't be troubled again by the loss of his mother. I know that Roland can love Regina as his own mother, (OH GOD OH GOD right now my 7-year-old cousin just asked if we will all die one day. OH GOD OH GOD) but I guess that he can't help having that special relationship with the woman that raised him up until then. He did recognise her as his mother, after all.

EDITED: On Hook and Emma. As for trading the Jolly Roger, I wasn't surprised by that. Him saying in 3x11 that he'll think about her everyday made it clear about what he felt for her. What I really loved about that was that he didn't gloat about it. In 3x19, when Emma said that she couldn't trust him anymore, he could have simply shouted out "Well, you know what? Wanna know how I got here? I gave up my ship (home) for you to come back!" Or something like that. Instead, he let her humiliate him and calm down. And then only when she asked about how he got there, he told her everything she wanted to know.
But I can't help feeling that the kiss was a bit rushed. And of course they're not in a relationship yet, for crying out loud. It was a kiss that meant she reciprocated his feelings. Doesn't mean they're engaged, they've got a lot of job to do.

P.S. If Hook were really that irresponsible, he wouldn't have cared to bring Emma in SB and restore her memories. Regina had said that after Pan's curse, a wall was built between the worlds and no-one could get past it, that's why he gave up all hope. Since he knew that the rest of Emma's family would be happy and thriving in their palace, well, his only way to happiness was to do what he always did: pirating.
So, to get to my point. Seeing that the new curse had come, he knew he could travel between worlds, and that's when he had hope again. If he were that irresponsible, as I said, he would simply forge a new identity in our world (God knows how, but it's a TV show we're talking about), somehow get Emma to meet him and try to seduce her, not giving a damn about her family. Instead, he freaking risked everything, knowing she wouldn't remember him at all, to bring her back where she belongs, and save her family for Christ's sake. He owed them that. But as I said above, he's not redeemed. There's a lot of work to be done.
Last edited by lilpo on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby CTrent29 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Still they didn't get to spend enough time getting to know/fall in love with each other (I dont like the idea of Love at first sight, I think ppl must get to know each other before falling in love, i think the time they spent together matters very much).



The idea that there is a time factor in how long it takes someone to fall in love is a myth. There is no time factor that any of us can measure. And the series never hinted that Regina and Robin fell in love with each other at first sight. Come to think of it, I don't recall any of the couples falling in love at first sight.

And you can be familiar with a person for years. But once those wedding vows are exchanged or begin to live with each other, THAT is when a couple REALLY get to know each other.



But as I said above, he's not redeemed. There's a lot of work to be done.


Well . . . Emma is still in possession of a stolen vehicle . . . knowingly. So I guess she and Hook have something in common.
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:48 pm

CTrent29 wrote:
Still they didn't get to spend enough time getting to know/fall in love with each other (I dont like the idea of Love at first sight, I think ppl must get to know each other before falling in love, i think the time they spent together matters very much).



The idea that there is a time factor in how long it takes someone to fall in love is a myth. There is no time factor that any of us can measure. And the series never hinted that Regina and Robin fell in love with each other at first sight. Come to think of it, I don't recall any of the couples falling in love at first sight.

And you can be familiar with a person for years. But once those wedding vows are exchanged or begin to live with each other, THAT is when a couple REALLY get to know each other.


misunderstanding. I do not mean time as in the years we have been holding hands and making goo goo eyes. I mean time spent together (quality time/meaningful interactions) And In my opinion they very much tried to do love at first sight when they did Dreamy and Nova, and Ariel w/Eric; but that's just my opinion. (that is also not really a discussion I would like to go into because I don't think the argument of Love at first sight deserves much of my time)
Back to the discussion at hand. Being "familiar" with someone and then marrying them is (pardon me) STUPID! which is why people then "REALLY" get to know each other. They hold in their farts, make pleasant, and hide their true selves until the deal is done, they are wed and then surprised when the person they married isn't who they thought (or never changed the way they thought they would). That is not love (that is infatuation) and that is not the "Time" I am speaking of.
Last edited by mdlay on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Niki
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Niki » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:46 am

Hi,
can someone please explain to me the very last Episode? Because I didnt see a differnce between Episode 21 Snow drifts and Episode 22 There is no place like home. It was exacly the same, all the time I waited for something new but there was nothing new. So what the heck?
Thanks
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:31 am

Niki wrote:Hi,
can someone please explain to me the very last Episode? Because I didnt see a differnce between Episode 21 Snow drifts and Episode 22 There is no place like home. It was exacly the same, all the time I waited for something new but there was nothing new. So what the heck?
Thanks

hello. Well lets see, in ep21 Hook and Emma go to the past via Zelena's open portal. And then Emma breaks a twig and Snow never gets a chance to be the lovable bandit. They have to fix it so that her parents meet. They hire Snow to steal the ring from David/James and thus they rewrite the love story. Snow steals the ring(sorta) but loses it in her escape, and Emma ends up w/the ring. Emma gets trapped by Evil Queen. (all to be continued on Ep.22)
THen in Ep22 Hook gets James/David to help him save Emma w/promise of the ring. and Snow tries to kill Regina, but Regina ends up burning snow at the stake (which made me all sorts of happy). Emma picks the lock (thanx to skills that Neal taught her in the past) and she saves herself as the others come to get her. They think snow is dead, but surprise she is a bug, who is then turned back into a person. Emma is happy to see her again and hugs her, but y'know stranger danger. And Emma learns that she loves her family and wants to go back home to StoryBrooke. THey go to rumple, to get them back home, they use the magic wand(i think the yellow faries wand but idk) they take a knocked out Marian w/them (and a urn w/elsa in it). They make it to granny's reunite w/the family. discover that baby is named neal. Rumple marries Belle. We see some B-roll of the couples being happy together, during the nuptial vows. THen Marian and Robin are reunited (and my heart broke).
why did I go through this trouble is beyond me when the last think ill do... on tumblr did a funny/good job of sumarizing.
anywho. in the first one it's just her learning about the EF and what life there would have been like. and in the other it's her realizing that she loves these ppl and that they are her family.
Image
User avatar
lilpo
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby lilpo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Ok, Hook-loving rant coming on, feel free to skip.

It just dawned on me: Hook was desperate to convince Emma to stay in Storybrooke. We don't know what would happen to the SB citizens now with the new curse broken (meaning he doesn't know if her parents would be able to visit her in NY), but since he was never affected by any curse, he can leave SB, all his memories intact.
In any case, he would be able to follow Emma in NY, (why would he choose to stay in SB without her anyway?) so he could ask Regina as a favor to magically create a new ID for him in this world and become just another ordinary (in a manner of speaking) NY citizen.
Instead he was trying to make Emma understand why she had to stay. Is it too biased for me to think that he did that because he cared about Emma's family? That he knew that her going away would wreck them, and that he didn't want that?

I'll give to you, though, that if Emma rejected everything and ran off to NY, the last thing she would want would be Hook following her like a puppy, reminding her of what she left behind, let alone accepting her feelings for him. And Hook probably knew that.

What do you think?
Entropy isn't what it used to be.

Return to “Episode Discussion”