[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [3x22] There's No Place Like Home?

Yes
78%
No
9%
Meh
13%

Total votes: 55
mdlay

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:44 pm

lilpo wrote:It just dawned on me: Hook was desperate to convince Emma to stay in Storybrooke. We don't know what would happen to the SB citizens now with the new curse broken (meaning he doesn't know if her parents would be able to visit her in NY), but since he was never affected by any curse, he can leave SB, all his memories intact.
In any case, he would be able to follow Emma in NY, (why would he choose to stay in SB without her anyway?) so he could ask Regina as a favor to magically create a new ID for him in this world and become just another ordinary (in a manner of speaking) NY citizen.
Instead he was trying to make Emma understand why she had to stay. Is it too biased for me to think that he did that because he cared about Emma's family? That he knew that her going away would wreck them, and that he didn't want that?

I'll give to you, though, that if Emma rejected everything and ran off to NY, the last thing she would want would be Hook following her like a puppy, reminding her of what she left behind, let alone accepting her feelings for him. And Hook probably knew that.

What do you think?

I'm not sure if that was a testament to his care/consideration for her family. More to his devotion to her.
Really it all comes back to Henry (he is the cornerstone of the show). Henry Broke the curse, he remembered his mom and all of his family & friends in SB. Henry wouldn't want to leave. Emma would not abandon Henry again. And though she could contemplate leaving and going back to NY so long as Henry had his memories and family/friends in SB he would always be longing to be with them. (and he could possibly run away again to be with them)
But lets assume for a minute that they could defeat Z without Henry breaking the curse (and regaining his memories). We then have to consider Emmas' personality and how she would feel about leaving Regina w/out her son (Guilty is the answer). Hook cares for Emma so knowing her personality, he knows that if she were to leave and return to her good life in NY she would be plagued with guilt, because her son would not know these ppl as family, and guilt because she took Henry from his mother (who had raised him for 10 yrs).
(But I really do think that Hook and Charming have a bromance, thus he might have some consideration for David)
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Henry Broke the curse, he remembered his mom and all of his family & friends in SB. Henry wouldn't want to leave.

The restoration of Henry's memories DID NOT break the second curse. Regina's true love kiss on Henry's forehead broke the curse.

This is like Hook telling Emma that she had defeated Pan and Zelena, and not Rumpelstiltskin and Regina.
mdlay

Postby mdlay » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:20 am

CTrent29 wrote:
Henry Broke the curse, he remembered his mom and all of his family & friends in SB. Henry wouldn't want to leave.

The restoration of Henry's memories DID NOT break the second curse. Regina's true love kiss on Henry's forehead broke the curse.

This is like Hook telling Emma that she had defeated Pan and Zelena, and not Rumpelstiltskin and Regina.

Sorry, i was under the impression that True Loves Kiss required a mutual love. (which is why it didn't work for Charming turning Snow back to her old self when she drank the potion to forget she loved him)
Well then, Henry did not need to remember his love for his mother so that TLK would work.
(and he was involved both times that curse needed breaking, I wonder why other TLK like the ones Charming and Snow probably shared all the time didn't break the curse)
Without his memories, the curse could have still been broken. Regina just needed the guts to go kiss a kid who thought of her as a friendly adult. Curse Broken.
... eh... ok, let's just say that it required both of them to break the curse. Sorry if i made it sound/seem like it was all Henry all aloney on his owney.
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:24 pm

If Henry is partially responsible for breaking the second curse, then he would be partially responsible for breaking the first curse.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:27 am

mdlay wrote:
CTrent29 wrote:

Sorry, i was under the impression that True Loves Kiss required a mutual love. (which is why it didn't work for Charming turning Snow back to her old self when she drank the potion to forget she loved him)
For your information it did so after when Charming took the arrow that Snow was about to shoot the Queen with. Expressing something to her and after they both kiss, the spell from the potion got broken and Snow remembered her. And they reunited before King George's men took Charming and seperated them.

Return to “Episode Discussion”