[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [3x22] There's No Place Like Home?

Yes
78%
No
9%
Meh
13%

Total votes: 55
Caroline

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Caroline » Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Regina said it while she was in Neverland, that she didn't regret anything because thanks to that she got Henry. She felt no guilt whatsoever.

We don't know how many people Hook affected as a pirate, is true, but most of those 300 years he was in Neverland where he couldn't do much because of Pan.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
ihr

Postby ihr » Mon May 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Caroline wrote:Regina said it while she was in Neverland, that she didn't regret anything because thanks to that she got Henry. She felt no guilt whatsoever.

We don't know how many people Hook affected as a pirate, is true, but most of those 300 years he was in Neverland where he couldn't do much because of Pan.

Regret and remorse are two different things. I do think that she feels the latter.
ForeverNate85

Postby ForeverNate85 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:54 am

Overall I enjoyed the episode. It was like a little movie. My only issue with that is the episode(s) didn't feel that connect to Zelena except for the time portal.

Liked:
-Every Rumple & Emma scene. I was great Emma finally got to see the full imp Rumpelstiltskin.
-The way time travel was handled. Though the past was changed in minor ways, it was nice that the same basic story happened.
-Emma FINALLY feeling at home. I thought it was silly that she didn't after going on an adventure with her Mom in the EF.
-Rumple & Belle's wedding. (Also in my dislike section.)
-Belle's father coming around
-Emma & Hook at the ball. I was NEVER a CaptainSawn shipper but after this episode I feel it's genuine and believable.
-Emma saving Maid Marion. Although I actually thought she might be the Black Fairy when they said they had to take her to the future.
-Baby being named Neal
-Evil Regina in the past. A part of me was rooting for her to kill Snow. I really liked the way the execution played out.
-Hook knocking Hook out. I laughed pretty hard at the one :lol:

Disliked:
-Regina's happiness being cut short. If ANYONE needs some happiness it's Regina!
-The explanation of how Zelena's magic opened a time portal. That made no sense to me
-Rumple still lying to Belle. I liked their vows but to have tricked her and lied right before the wedding left a bad taste in my mouth.
-Emma wanting to leave her family. She didn't even stop to consider Henry would miss his other Mom.
-The costume for Elsa/Ice Queen. I get it was to tease people but I wanted a twist.

Question:
-How did Rumple have the wand of the Black Fairy in the EF? But then needed to get it From Blue in Storybrooke in the earlier half of season 3.
"All magic comes with a price" - Rumpelstiltskin
WingNut

Postby WingNut » Tue May 13, 2014 2:01 am

My favorite line of the night that made me bust out laughing was when a drunken Hook comes back to his ship with Emma and introduces her to the "Rolly Joger"!!! LOL!!! :lol:
N.R. Gasan

Postby N.R. Gasan » Tue May 13, 2014 2:06 am

I liked almost everything about this long episode. Time travel storylines are always tricky, but I think the OUAT writers pulled it off pretty well.

LIKED:
Emma bantering with Hook.
Emma meeting Rumple before he was "civilized" as Mr. Gold.
Good use of the storybook.
Seeing how much Hook has changed from his die-hard pirate days; Smee picked up on it right away.
Red/Ruby.
The near-perfect ending of the episode: Great camaraderie at Granny's...Emma and Hook making out (sorry, but I think they make a cute couple)...Rumple and Belle tying the knot (it would have been nice to have a few guests present, just for Belle's sake; but she probably bowed to Rumple's wishes, as he tends to be very private)...The appearance of Elsa at the very end...Regina with Robin and his son, looking very happy...which leads me to...

DISLIKED:
Regina getting screwed over again!...BOOOO-GUUUUS!!! C'mon!...The mystery woman turning out to be Maid Marion. Seriously!? We have one possible new villain/threat lined up for the coming season (Elsa), do we really need to be setting up for, yet again, the return of The Evil Queen? Can't the writers manage to let Regina be happy for at least a little while? As you can tell, that just irritated the sh*t out of me. I don't like contrived storylines, and this is as contrived as it gets: Of all the people for Emma to encounter by chance, at this point in time, at this place in history, she manages to save Robin Hood's ex. Give...me...a...break. While it didn't ruin the episode, it was certainly an unwelcome development. Shame on A&E!
Noriega

Postby Noriega » Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 am

I must say the last 10minutes through me for a loop.

Poor Reggie.

When i saw the bottle, i thought it was Jafar, which would be an awesome addition to the cast.

When i saw the blue chick, i thought she would be charmings ex fiance but knowing its frozen chick is kinda a let down.

Im still waiting for ursela to make her way back and whatever happened to the dark elf? Was that maleficent?
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Tue May 13, 2014 2:17 am

RebeccaMatthews wrote:
Jennie wrote:It was almost like the universe was course-correcting, which makes me think Marion might not be long for this world...If that is correct, then Emma may have actually done Regina a favor in the long run by making her not the one responsible for Marion's death (which I'm sure would have come out somehow otherwise, right? Geppetto was there after all. Other than a cameo, there wasn't much reason to have him in the scene.)

That was exactly my response to a Regina/Robin fan at another board. The Regina/Robin relationship was never going to work once Robin learned that it was Regina that killed Marion.

Still, once Robin finds out that Regina intended to execute to his wife, that would be enough to break them up, logically. If I watch the next season, I would need to see something like the following to happen in order for Robin and Regina's relationship to be believable:
-Regina needs to apologize to both Robin and Marian and repent.
-Regina needs to save Marian's ass over and over in SB
-Regina needs to magic up a place for Robin, Marian and Roland to live, by way of apology.
-Regina needs to keep on saving everyone, using light magic and proving that she has changed.
-Regina needs to be already pregnant with Robin's baby...making the decision hard for Robin.
-Marian needs to die, perhaps by the Snow Queen's hand.

We should also keep in mind that Robin is Regina's soulmate, not her true love. Robin believes that everyone deserves a second chance, but he might decide that her second chance is not with him.They could still have some sort of friendship, perhaps.

Meanwhile I agree with Gasan that this storyline is contrived.
Last edited by eleruen on Tue May 13, 2014 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:53 am

While you're busy thinking about what Regina needs to do . . . what about Emma? What she did was stupid and thoughtless.

You know what I found amazing? Rumpel managed to take Emma's words to heart about trying to change time. After learning about Neal's future death, he managed to do the right thing in the end and take that memory stripping potion.

Unfortunately, Emma was incapable of doing the right thing, herself. While she was busy trying to convince Rumpel to take the potion, Hook was shoving Marian's body through the time portal on her behalf. I'm still shaking my head at what she had done. The hypocrisy of it all is amazing.
Noriega

Postby Noriega » Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 am

Well she is her mothers child.
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue May 13, 2014 5:26 am

ihr wrote:Well, I don't see Hook or Rumple suffering from their past actions or in Rumple's case a very recent actions. Why do they deserve a happy ending and not Regina?

I don't care about Robin, I care that she is miserable now.

Do you have a magic ball or something that lets see into the future that shows there's absolutely no fallout from Rumple murdering Zelena and lying to Belle and the others about the dagger? All I saw was him claiming innocence in her death, and Belle backing that up.

IMO, seeing Regina getting everything she wanted after last week irked me slightly because there was going to be another season and the fact that I'm under the assumption that Regina is the one responsible for Marion's death. There was no way, IMO, she was going to get a happy ending with Robin if she's the one that killed the mother of his child.

Now that Regina's good and in a better place than last time, I want to see how she's going to act knowing that Emma's actions broke up her relationship with Robin.
Last edited by RebeccaMatthews on Tue May 13, 2014 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fiend

Postby fiend » Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 am

I just don't like how the male villains can get their happy endings but Regina gets screwed. Rumple is starting his marriage in deception and lies (switching the blades and messing with footage showing he killed Zelena) but he gets off scotch free. How they wrote Emma has been so inconsistent, she has shown no romantic interest in Hook. He has been stalking and lying to her repeatedly and yet he "gets the girl" in the end because he gave up his ship. Which, I still don't actually believe him, the show has not shown us what he did with the ship and he has been known to stretch the truth.

His sacrifice was nothing in comparision to Regina literally giving her a happy ending by giving her memories of Henry and giving up her child to Emma. As much as Emma was pining to go back to NY, we as an audience don't even see a thank given towards Regina. And to not have the conversation of taking Henry to NY is just OUTRAGEOUS. But yet, she is repeatedly talking to Hook about it, who really should not have a stake or connection in the first place. Regina is the legal parent and in all honesty, is like the best parent on the show. She has never gave up on her child.

I was disturbed at the beginning that there was Charming, Snow, the baby, Henry, Emma, and Ruby. That was such a family scene so why is Hook all in their business hanging around like he is part of the crew. Get out of here. Hook shouldn't have been in that scene. Naming the baby Neal does not make sense to me at all. Snowing is like, "Let's name our baby after that the guy that knocked up our daughter and left in jail." That makes sense. And for Ginny to even like that is just mind blowing.

I am happy to see some character development in Emma. Finally we get another flashback to her life. Geez, she is only like the main character of the freaking story.

I really don't see the point of them EVERRRRRRRRRRRR introducing Hood in this story by bringing back Marian back. What such a waste. They need to stop bringing these useless characters and just develop ones that they already have. I would love to see more scenes of Red, Granny, Grumpy, and Archie. Now it is basically Once Upon a Hook. And now we just got Frozen which is such a blatant money grab by ABC/Disney. This show is going down and I'm so sad. Such a brilliant show written so inconsistent. So sad. I'm all over the place in this post and that is just because my brain is scattered about this show.
fiend

Postby fiend » Tue May 13, 2014 5:32 am

CTrent29 wrote:While you're busy thinking about what Regina needs to do . . . what about Emma? What she did was stupid and thoughtless.

You know what I found amazing? Rumpel managed to take Emma's words to heart about trying to change time. After learning about Neal's future death, he managed to do the right thing in the end and take that memory stripping potion.

Unfortunately, Emma was incapable of doing the right thing, herself. While she was busy trying to convince Rumpel to take the potion, Hook was shoving Marian's body through the time portal on her behalf. I'm still shaking my head at what she had done. The hypocrisy of it all is amazing.

What she did was so egotisical after Hook was pumping her up saying how she defeated Zelena, broke the curse, and defeated Pan, which was all false. She enforced her will on another's agency. She had no right to decide for Marian to come back to the future. She clearly did not trust Emma. For Emma to be a savior, she doesn't do alot of it. Can we please get Season 1 Emma back. I don't recognize her any more.
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue May 13, 2014 6:17 am

fiend wrote:I just don't like how the male villains can get their happy endings but Regina gets screwed. Rumple is starting his marriage in deception and lies (switching the blades and messing with footage showing he killed Zelena) but he gets off scotch free.

Again, I'll ask, have you seen how season 4 plays out already with Rumple switching the blades and killing Zelena?
ladyhawke

Postby ladyhawke » Tue May 13, 2014 9:36 am

-"You're just like your mother" : great summary line. Indeed Emma din't think about concequences. It is tragic scene. Regina is loosing another love.
- Emma seeing Rumple. Love this jaw drop :) And all Rumple lines.
- Wedding - just perfect for them, only they, Belle's father and Archie. I think in 3x11 or 3x12, when he said something about their future he intended to wed her at some point.
-Belle as maid. In 2 season Rumple said: "Remember woman who prisoned you for 30 years?".
So we have season one - a year, 28 years old Emma in 1x01. So Belle was imprisoned when Snow was getting pregnant.

Dislikes:
- She's supposed to have dagger in her purse???? It's dangerous even if it's fake. She was doing the right thing trying to give it back. I didn't understand though his reply.

-Still thinking that ressurected Dark One has something with his head. How come he didn't think about cameras? Didn't he get his brain back?
We're back to season 2, when he kept things to himself. But now he's using Belle. I don't know what he wants to get but Belle didn't deserve this kind of sh.it.

Don't have opinion:

Captain Swan... I'll just watch.

Prince Neal - it's just a name. They all knew him as Neal. Only for Rumple he was Baelfire. Besides I don't think Emma told parents everything about their relationship.
But they should have asked her first.

Belle's dress. She was locked for 30 years. You want her to dress with taste? For that reason I don't mind this dress, but I wouldn't pick it for my wedding.
fiend

Postby fiend » Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 am

RebeccaMatthews wrote:
fiend wrote:I just don't like how the male villains can get their happy endings but Regina gets screwed. Rumple is starting his marriage in deception and lies (switching the blades and messing with footage showing he killed Zelena) but he gets off scotch free.

Again, I'll ask, have you seen how season 4 plays out already with Rumple switching the blades and killing Zelena?

What is your point with that question?
desa

Postby desa » Tue May 13, 2014 11:43 am

fiend wrote:
RebeccaMatthews wrote:

This,what you said will be answered in season 4.
https://twitter.com/Twist_And_Shoot/sta ... 68/photo/1
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm

First of all, I am a fan of Regina and really felt for her when Robin and Marion reunited in the diner.

However, Emma made the right choice in saving Marion and bringing her back to SB. It was the best option in a horrible situation. She is not the kind of person who can leave someone to die just so that it doesn't affect her future. Taking Marion back with them solved all the problems at hand. Marion didn't have to die and she still didn't affect the next 30 years and change the future. The fact that she turned out to be Robin's presumed dead wife is not Emma's fault. If Marion had been anyone else, there would have been no repercussions that we know of. Roland is still a young boy and deserves the chance to grow up with his mother.

It sucks for Regina, but we've seen similar story lines in TV and movies before. A presumed dead loved one returns after his/her significant other has moved on with someone else. Choices have to be made.

I really hope that once the shock has worn off, Regina can take a step back and show some true growth by realizing the hand she had in Marion's original demise and how Emma saved a little boy's mother.

Regarding Killian's comments about Emma defeating villains:
The villains this year were defeated by one person in the end, but there was a team effort leading up to the final showdowns. Emma was the leader in both instances because she doesn't ignore the non-magical aspect of things. For example, she was the one who suggested searching Regina's office for non-magical clues which is what eventually led them to the Zelena's hideout and finding Rumple. He didn't say she defeated them on her own, but she did have an integral part in the success of both defeats.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
maaike.b

Postby maaike.b » Tue May 13, 2014 2:35 pm

I read a lot of stuff here about Rumple getting away with everything, and Regina going back to black, so I started thinking about it and decided this for myself:

I don’t think Regina will fully fall back to her old self again. I mean, of course she was angry when that happened at the diner, how would we expect her to react? Be all happy for RH and Marian? Giving them her blessing and not be agry or sad at all?
We can only know how she will deal with it in S4. We can’t base it on one reaction RIGHT after she loses love again.
Personally, I think she will go back to her old self, but just a bit, raising the walls again, but not all the way; she has grown to much for that, and it will mean losing Henry too.

And Rumple may think he is getting away with lying to everyone, but he is underestimating Belle. She will find out, and maybe this will be the drop for her; he lied to her before, and she will not put up with it indefinitely.
So he will get what is coming to him (although I like mean a Rumple 1000 times more than a crying mr. Gold)

But that’s just my expectations, and A&E have surprised me a lot with plot twists I did not see coming for a mile, so I’m happy to be proven wrong :)
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue May 13, 2014 3:51 pm

fiend wrote:
RebeccaMatthews wrote:

My point? *snorts*

People are making assumptions that, IMO, seem like fact about the Snow Queen being exactly like Elsa from Frozen, and you and ihr about Rumple getting Belle while committing evil and no fall out from killing Zelena, and Regina getting nothing. Since you seem to know that's there's going to be absolutely no fall out in season 4 from what Rumpel did, I want to know what it is going to happen with Rumpel and Belle.
RC_addicted

Postby RC_addicted » Tue May 13, 2014 5:09 pm

While watching the season finale I have noticed some dislikes for this show. I won't post them all at once but I was wondering if anybody else gets put off for the same things.

A dislike: That singlehood is just not an option for a main character;
Granted, this is not only an OUAT flaw but Emma and Regina are downright cliché on this.
Their last pairings more or less hammers the same combination of the same conventional message:

- That singlehood and happiness equation is unnatural or unexpected. You need to find 'someone to wake up with in love' in order to feel fulfilled or happy.
- 'Finding or losing happiness' is linked to the character (mostly if woman) finding or losing a boyfriend/partner. In summary, by the end of the day, if you don't have your version of Prince Charming, something is missing.

Emma, even more than Regina (that came from the 'Fairy Tale' world where True Love is a must for everybody), seemed to have been a perfect opportunity for the bold statement that a heroin doesn't need to 'find a man to love' to be happy with her life. Being single and unattached seemed to fit her nicely. If she got like this because it's her natural personality or her upbringing, the point that could have been made is that she is single and happy.

Return to “Episode Discussion”