[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [3x22] There's No Place Like Home?

Yes
43
78%
No
5
9%
Meh
7
13%
 
Total votes: 55
User avatar
Mr. Silver
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: The Clocktower

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Mr. Silver » Wed May 14, 2014 11:05 pm



This is great :D
There is a guy that does this kind of thing for episodes of Neighbours, but he doesn't do it very often any more sadly.
Mr. Silver, almost as good as Mr. Gold!
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.
User avatar
ForeverNate85
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:26 am

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby ForeverNate85 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:15 am

"All magic comes with a price" - Rumpelstiltskin
User avatar
N.R. Gasan
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Newburgh, NY, U.S.A.

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby N.R. Gasan » Thu May 15, 2014 1:04 am

These recaps really are great; they rank along side "Good morning, Storybrooke." :D
Angicle
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Angicle » Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Okay--- question----

When during Regina's life did Tinkerbell show Regina that Robin Hood was her true love? I am pretty darn certain that she saw him with his lion tattoo sitting in that pub well before Maid Marian would have been captured and executed. If she had gone in and introduced herself as Tinkerbell was insisting she do, that wouldn't have worked out because Maid Marian was still around. Can anyone offer clarification on this?
User avatar
Montreat11
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Montreat11 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Yep! You've got it right!
User avatar
Jennie
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Jennie » Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Angicle wrote:Okay--- question----

When during Regina's life did Tinkerbell show Regina that Robin Hood was her true love? I am pretty darn certain that she saw him with his lion tattoo sitting in that pub well before Maid Marian would have been captured and executed. If she had gone in and introduced herself as Tinkerbell was insisting she do, that wouldn't have worked out because Maid Marian was still around. Can anyone offer clarification on this?


From watching, I understood that it was before Robin and Marion got married and had Roland. It was also before Regina manipulated the Genie into assassinating Leopold. Robin probably already knew Marion (as they grew up together in the stories), but they probably weren't "together" yet. Presumably, if Regina had gone in and met Robin, he would have been attracted to her and not pursued a relationship with Marion as the tale goes.
Image
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Tue May 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Jennie wrote:
Angicle wrote:Okay--- question----

When during Regina's life did Tinkerbell show Regina that Robin Hood was her true love? I am pretty darn certain that she saw him with his lion tattoo sitting in that pub well before Maid Marian would have been captured and executed. If she had gone in and introduced herself as Tinkerbell was insisting she do, that wouldn't have worked out because Maid Marian was still around. Can anyone offer clarification on this?


From watching, I understood that it was before Robin and Marion got married and had Roland. It was also before Regina manipulated the Genie into assassinating Leopold. Robin probably already knew Marion (as they grew up together in the stories), but they probably weren't "together" yet. Presumably, if Regina had gone in and met Robin, he would have been attracted to her and not pursued a relationship with Marion as the tale goes.


Tink said that Regina "ruin" his life. He had love, had a child, unfortunately the wife died but he is not that bad in life. Unless, they are referring to how Regina was responsible for Marian's death.......But we know that there is a plot hole in that story so....
User avatar
Jennie
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Jennie » Tue May 20, 2014 4:03 pm

fiend wrote:Tink said that Regina "ruin" his life. He had love, had a child, unfortunately the wife died but he is not that bad in life. Unless, they are referring to how Regina was responsible for Marian's death.......But we know that there is a plot hole in that story so....


I thought that was in reference to him not being with his soulmate...ie Regina and the life they might have had together. Tink didnt know what happened to him afterwards. He fell in love with Marion and had Roland, so at least he was happy for a while.
Image
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
User avatar
Montreat11
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Montreat11 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 am

So, this is silly I'm sure. But are we certain that Robin Hood was the guy in the tavern? If my memory serves me correctly we never saw his face just the tattoo and I totally wouldn't put it past A&E to randomly say "oh look mysterious guy with the same tattoo!"
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Fri May 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Montreat11 wrote:So, this is silly I'm sure. But are we certain that Robin Hood was the guy in the tavern? If my memory serves me correctly we never saw his face just the tattoo and I totally wouldn't put it past A&E to randomly say "oh look mysterious guy with the same tattoo!"

I had considered the same thing, like what if it was a tattoo for a group of people (not the merry men) and it was like branding so that people would know that they were from this coalition... idk, but i had thought about that quite a bit.
Image
User avatar
Secret Keeper
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Secret Keeper » Sat May 24, 2014 9:53 am

mdlay wrote:
Montreat11 wrote:So, this is silly I'm sure. But are we certain that Robin Hood was the guy in the tavern? If my memory serves me correctly we never saw his face just the tattoo and I totally wouldn't put it past A&E to randomly say "oh look mysterious guy with the same tattoo!"

I had considered the same thing, like what if it was a tattoo for a group of people (not the merry men) and it was like branding so that people would know that they were from this coalition... idk, but i had thought about that quite a bit.

I also thought about that, but when Regina told Robin about when Tinkerbell showed her her soul mate, he seemed to think that was enough identification for it to be definitely him.

Or I guess he could have wanted it to be him enough to just not mention the possibility that it wasn't, but that doesn't feel quite right for him.
He's a writer. Typewriter wrapped in an enigma wrapped in stubble.
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Sat May 24, 2014 11:49 am

Secret Keeper wrote:
mdlay wrote:
Montreat11 wrote:So, this is silly I'm sure. But are we certain that Robin Hood was the guy in the tavern? If my memory serves me correctly we never saw his face just the tattoo and I totally wouldn't put it past A&E to randomly say "oh look mysterious guy with the same tattoo!"

I had considered the same thing, like what if it was a tattoo for a group of people (not the merry men) and it was like branding so that people would know that they were from this coalition... idk, but i had thought about that quite a bit.

I also thought about that, but when Regina told Robin about when Tinkerbell showed her her soul mate, he seemed to think that was enough identification for it to be definitely him.

Or I guess he could have wanted it to be him enough to just not mention the possibility that it wasn't, but that doesn't feel quite right for him.



I just think the whole plot story of Regina and Robin is stupid. Why will they break up a legendary couple that is already canon in our mythos (Robin and Lady Marian), then insert Robin as a possible soulmate for Regina (I could tell they made that up as they go), and then bring Marian back to the future? It is such a worthless storyline that could have went to build on some other stories that they can barely keep straight.

I just don't see Robin ever choosing Regina over his wife which I won't blame him, and I am a Regina fan. She doesn't need a guy that smells like forest and only shoots his arrows at her. I am glad I got my fan fiction.
Robert591249
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby Robert591249 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:48 pm

I think the character, from King Aurthur's legend, Morgan Le Fey would have been a better villan. I mean the storyline is better known by people. However, I have to respect the creators right to interupt their work in the way they seem fit. This last season was emotionally hard for me. It was well done though and I am sure they will continue to maintain the quality of the show. Good Luck to them.
SkylarDuhe
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:41 am

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby SkylarDuhe » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:13 am

This episode was a emotional rollercoaster every step of the way, so kudos to the writers on that. The sappy love thing at the end, I loved it. All at once everyone got their happy ending and it was amazing, and then lulled you into a false sense of security, then BAM. The moment that ruined it all for me.

Regina - I feel like it has been such a long journey for her. I personally HATED her character at first, I'm not one to root for the villain. Then through her journey, we fall in love with the character. We see all of her ups and downs, we live her struggle with her, and when she turns into a good person we want to see good things happen to her. I finally just started falling in love with her character, and I was SO HAPPY to see her finding new love.
Spoiler:
When Marian appeared in the diner and Robin Hood ran up to her
I literally started screaming at the Television, as useless as that is, but it made me feel better I guess. This one moment completely ruined it for me. There are countless villains, I don't see the purpose of destroying this character's progress.

Hook and Emma - I don't think they are a really good match, but they are both beautiful, so meh whatever. Emma's happy, cool.

Emma staying in Storybrook - We obviously all saw it coming cause well, she's kind of the main character, but the way they added conflict to the decision gave it an extra dimension and I think that was pretty well done. And the road they took getting her to reach the decision, was very well done.

Rumple and Bell - Amazing, very happy to see it.

Elsa - I began watching this show because of the addition of Elsa. I loved the effects of her magic. Very well done. The ground freezing as she walks over it, LOVE IT. Everyone is debating, will she be good or a villain. The intro, and the tone of the Music in her intro, leads me to a pretty solid conclusion that villain is the way its going. That is very unfortunate to me, seeing as to how most of the villains disappear eventually in the later episodes. I was so excited about this one moment, and the thought that she could be anything but the character we all fell in love with in Frozen is almost devastating. The best possible scenario I can hope for this character would to be hopefully she goes through a journey leading her to good, so they can keep her on the show, and satisfy the mass amount of Elsa fans out there, a good bit of which began watching this show purely for more of her.

Overall an amazing episode, but the Regina and Elsa conclusions pretty much left me pretty upset.
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby CTrent29 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:54 am

Why will they break up a legendary couple that is already canon in our mythos (Robin and Lady Marian), then insert Robin as a possible soulmate for Regina (I could tell they made that up as they go), and then bring Marian back to the future?



If Peter Pan could become the worst villain in the story and Captain Hook can end up falling in love with the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, then Horowitz and Kitsis can do whatever the hell they want . . . whether we like it or not.
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:50 am

CTrent29 wrote:
Why will they break up a legendary couple that is already canon in our mythos (Robin and Lady Marian), then insert Robin as a possible soulmate for Regina (I could tell they made that up as they go), and then bring Marian back to the future?



If Peter Pan could become the worst villain in the story and Captain Hook can end up falling in love with the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, then Horowitz and Kitsis can do whatever the hell they want . . . whether we like it or not.


They can make it as tehy go, it is still horribly written. I am glad to see that people recognize that Hook falls in "love" with Emma but its not vice-versa. The whole Hood and regina is so contrived. The Regina that has been written would have never gave her heart to someone who she barely knows and has no magic to actually protect it.

I hope this Regina/Hood/Marian does become around failed love triangle. There is no obstacles for this couple. He loves his wife and mother of his child. Regina only knew him for a week. Really, there is no major "love" story to come out of that.
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby CTrent29 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:45 am

Okay . . . Emma is also in love with Hook. Regina and Robin's story hasn't ended yet. Are you guys SwanQueen fans? Or fans who don't like the idea of Regina having a romance? :shrug2:
fiend
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby fiend » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:25 am

CTrent29 wrote:Okay . . . Emma is also in love with Hook. Regina and Robin's story hasn't ended yet. Are you guys SwanQueen fans? Or fans who don't like the idea of Regina having a romance? :shrug2:


I don't believe there any indication that Emma is in "love" with Hook. She kissed him more out of gratitude. This is the same Emma who abhorred the thought of even kissing Hook and considered him a liability when facing Zelena. I am an Evil Regal and I have no qualms about Regina having a love interest.

I just have enough intelligence to recognize the shotty writing they are doing with introducing Hood as a potential love interest and creating unnecessary, nausating drama with a supposed "love triangle" by bringing Lady Marion to the future. It will be a fiasco.
User avatar
mdlay
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Los Angeles CA, U.S.A

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Discussion

Postby mdlay » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:11 pm

fiend wrote:
CTrent29 wrote:Okay . . . Emma is also in love with Hook. Regina and Robin's story hasn't ended yet. Are you guys SwanQueen fans? Or fans who don't like the idea of Regina having a romance? :shrug2:


I don't believe there any indication that Emma is in "love" with Hook. She kissed him more out of gratitude. This is the same Emma who abhorred the thought of even kissing Hook and considered him a liability when facing Zelena. I am an Evil Regal and I have no qualms about Regina having a love interest.

I just have enough intelligence to recognize the shotty writing they are doing with introducing Hood as a potential love interest and creating unnecessary, nausating drama with a supposed "love triangle" by bringing Lady Marion to the future. It will be a fiasco.

beauty of everyone having a different perception on love, we all agree and disagree to some degree on what it really means.

Though I don't think Emma is "in love" (because love shouldn't be sudden or at first sight, it should be gradual) I do think that she and Hook are heading for a loving relationship. I think back to the vows of Rumple unt Belle while the scene falls on Hook and Emma, the line is something about being "an enemy of love", but now there will be love. anywho, now the couple are gonna head towards love...

I don't think that Regina and Robins love story/romance is over. (But i pray to god lord almighty in heaven, that they do not make a cheesy soap opera love triangle) Regina should have a love interest, but first I hope she finds love and please/gratification within herself. A truly strong woman, not needing anyone/thing for her happiness. Then she can have any romance they decide to place in her path.
Image

Return to “Episode Discussion”