[4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2 Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2?

Yes
92%
No
No votes
Meh
8%

Total votes: 24
The Wiz of Oz

[4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2 Discussion

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 11, 2015 1:40 am

What did you think of [4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2?
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
The Wiz of Oz

Re: [4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2 Discussion

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 11, 2015 2:16 am

Let's clear somethings up. It was predicted from multiple people throughout cyber space that:
Emma would become the Dark One
Henry would become the next Author
Merlin was the Sorcerer.

I loved the whole episode. I am kinda down Merlin is the Sorcerer. I was hoping they would be two different people. but it looks like Merlin is Lily's daddy. And I'm happy Camelot is finally coming into play. They better bring back Lancelot.
The guys didnt lie, that ending will change the town forever. Emma has gone Dark... temporary.

4 months and some weeks and counting until season 5.
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Mon May 11, 2015 3:38 am

Holy f*ck mother of monkey milk I was right! Every realm/reality/universe is virtually one of story including ours that's why the author could write his own happy ending albeit losing his power in the process. As I said before he obviously messed with the natural curse of reality and history in all the realms so God only knows how he changed history to suit his vanity such as maybe the assassination of Martin Luther King and so on.

What Emma did reminded me of what Johnny Cage alias Ghost Rider in the Marvel universe did they both sacrificed everything to save those they love. Talking about Marvel AOS season 2 will also end in an explosive 2 hour finale. I have mixed feelings I cannot wait but I also know a long delay await us until our fave ABC shows are back.

And the darkness symbiote reminded me of venom!
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Mon May 11, 2015 5:32 am

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Why is Emma becoming the Dark One? It's not fair, and I'm crying on the inside because of it. And poor Hook. She said ILY and became the Dark One. It's not fair. *really wants to throw a tantrum*

When Emma realized that she was going to need to tether the DO to herself, I really wanted to scream and curse at my screen but doing so would've been rude to those that live around me.

Hook. He looks so adorkable as a coward, if that's what you wanna call it. Maybe this is just bitterness, but Rumpel's cowardness ain't so adorable with him injuring himself and mistreating Milah compared to Hook.

Can't wait to see Merlin. I really hope that when they bring him in, and possibly the Arthurian legends, they don't make it so that Morgana is the rightful heir to Camelot.
DoneWithOUAT

Postby DoneWithOUAT » Mon May 11, 2015 3:31 pm

It was a good show if you don't look twice! I liked it but it felt like any other episode.
But at least, they finally gave a good episode to Henry!

Allo Rumbelle. Not a lot there to warm my Rumbeller's heart! Not even a freaking kiss!
Hook and Emma, not even a freakin Kiss! WTF????
We fan deserved a real True Love Kiss!

This show has been stupified to the extreme. In desperation, A&E are using the fandom hopes to keep us watching, hinting at obscure Ships romantic scene that never came.

The "Apprentice" wisely tells Henry that the Author cannot bring back the dead. What's the point of being the Author then? Maybe the "Author" should be renamed the "Witness", preserving the Truth by writing it, not allowed as it seems, to create.

I am having too many bones with this show.
Malenficient was killed in REAL WORLD Storybrooke by a very real Emma. Yet, Maleficient is alive and kicking.
Rumpel died in the Real Storybrooke but lives on.
But still Baelfire cannot be brought to life and he was killed in the FTL After Curse.

My biggest quirk is THIS ONE. The Original Curse that was enacted.
It was not written by the Author. This story was developped along the way by the many actors, Regina, Dark One, The Seer that precipitated Rumpel's action to save his son, etc... No one wrote this story. It's a collective creation.
Yet since it is not in any book yet, it is not Truth as per the Apprentice definition.

The Once Upon A Time book tells individual stories.

So Baelfire is not dead in real life. He died in a fiction created by the characters of an elaborate Crossover. So, there is no reason not to bring him back to life.
Last edited by DoneWithOUAT on Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Freelancer: Go back and watch 2x20 because Maleficent was never dead to began with. Regina address what she did to Maleficent to Hook in that episode. even in 4x12 Rumple made of point of saying she wasnt really dead. Neal cant be bought back because his life force was used to restore the Dark One. So yes Neal did die in the "REAL WORLD". He died so his father could live.
The Dark Curse was RECORDED by a previous Author just not by Issac. Issac pointed out that he didnt record Rumple's story and therefore couldnt change his past.
DoneWithOUAT

Postby DoneWithOUAT » Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Wiz
I don't think there is a book covering after Curse... Henry's book doesn't include Emma story. She's not in the book.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 pm

You are right there isnt a book covering after the Curse.. at least not yet. Henry's book did include Emma. Her birth were the final pages of the book and Emma burn them in season 1.
infinight

Postby infinight » Mon May 11, 2015 11:23 pm

What should have happened...

*Darkness takes over the Apprentice*
*Emma tries to fight him but gets her ass handed to her*
*Regina attacks him, but darkness lashes out and wraps around her*
Author: "You cannot defeat us!"
Regina: "What are you?"
Author: "We Are Venom!"

I'll make an actual review later.
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue May 12, 2015 12:12 am

Given that Maleficent is also a dragon, and Rumple was walking around with the Dark One curse, I'm willing to give them some leeway in being alive. Neal foolishly decided to bring back his father from the dead, and the price was his life.

TBH, I wasn't all that impressed with Lana and Rumpel playing the good guys in the AU Enchanted Forest. Something just seemed really off about them being the heroes. And Zelena's jealousy shined through and through. JMO, but Colin, Ginny and Josh did a better job as the AU versions of their characters than Lana and Robert.
JiminyFan

Postby JiminyFan » Tue May 12, 2015 1:49 am

I enjoyed the season finale.Though I’ve never really cared much about the Captain Swan ship, I have to admit the CS moments were really sweet in the finale, and Hook’s temporary death was sad. I admit I like the alternate-world Hook better than the normal Hook. He seemed kinder and humbler. I hope he will keep some of those qualities.

The Rumbelle scene in which Belle admits she doesn’t love Will was great as well. SO MANY SHIPPY FEELS IN THIS EPISODE! But the main question on my mind is, did their baby just die/disappear? Since they both have memories of that child, they must be heartbroken to have lost their baby. I hope that will be addressed in the next season, because the loss of a child is a major thing. Look at how it affected Maleficent.

I like that Henry had a larger role in the plot than most episodes, and seeing him drive out of town and find the author was great.

My favorite part of the finale was probably Evil Granny. I got a kick out of her outfit! I wish they would’ve shown evil Jiminy at that table too. Imagine an evil cricket!

I predicted Emma would become the Dark One, and I was happy to see my prediction was right! Also, I liked the fact that the origin of the dagger was finally explained.

Overall it was an enjoyable episode and I look forward to season 5!
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue May 12, 2015 5:20 am

JiminyFan wrote:But the main question on my mind is, did their baby just die/disappear? Since they both have memories of that child, they must be heartbroken to have lost their baby.

The baby was very likely not really theirs, but rather Snowing's. Personally, I call bs on Issac's line about babies born in our world not going to the AU Enchanted Forest, as that would mean baby Neal, Alexandra, and a few other would've been left without a guardian while they were in the book; Henry's the exception because he was born in Arizona.
infinight

Postby infinight » Tue May 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Firstly, let me say that this was a good episode, albeit, unimpressive for a season finale.

My biggest gripe with this episode... This series, in fact, is that they don't bother to even imply that magic might work a certain way before it just happens. Remember when Emma just randomly had the idea to use Regina's hate to break the Snow Queen's bonds, and then it somehow worked?

Yeah, that happened again. Twists are pretty cool, but you can't just have a character randomly get an idea of how to solve the plot issues when there's nothing to lead them to that conclusion. I'm talking, of course, about Regina's blood being the ink. Everything on the show has indicated that the Savior was a role, similar to Dark One. It's not just someone who saves something. If it was that simple, Rumpel would have just made a new one instead of trying to turn Emma dark.

But even if we're to assume that it doesn't break any of the Savior rules to have Regina randomly become a Savior in this alternate universe, there's absolutely no reason Henry should have been able to figure out that she was and that it was "light blood" he needed to make the ink. Especially since henry was totally, 100% certain that would work.

And I know I keep harping on this, but why did the Apprentice even give Authors a magical pen in the first place if they aren't supposed to use it. "Here's a magical, reality-warping ink pen, now use it to write down stuff that's already happened.

Finally, would it be too much to ask the level of responsibility the Author has for the Charming's actions in regard to Lily. We know he controlled the Apprentice, and the Charmings keep saying that he put them on that path, but did he directly control their actions or not? Right now, it could honestly go either way, and none of the characters seem that interested in finding out which of their actions were done of their own accord.
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Wed May 13, 2015 12:35 am

Wow, I hate the term 'rollercoaster' for describing things... but this really was one of those!

Not ashamed to admit I did shed a tear or two at various points in this one, as well as laugh. Rumple being the good guy and doing the 'saving people is its own reward' line was great :lol:

Also I wonder if they had to have all the costumes altered for some of the trades, Evil Queen/Snow mostly. It was really strange seeing them like that after all this time, but damn fun :D
Mr. Silver, almost as good as Mr. Gold!
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Wed May 13, 2015 12:51 am

Entertaining, yes, but it could have been much better if they had done what the Author said he was going to do. I expected to see a world in which villains win and the heroes don't get their happy endings, instead we got a reverse FTL in which the villains become the heroes and viceversa.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Wed May 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Caroline wrote:Entertaining, yes, but it could have been much better if they had done what the Author said he was going to do. I expected to see a world in which villains win and the heroes don't get their happy endings, instead we got a reverse FTL in which the villains become the heroes and viceversa.

well evil cannot really ever get a happy ending why do you think tyrants always want more? The only way was to create a star trek like mirror universe which probably existed already anyway and he brought into existence in the realities the characters inhabit. As to why give anyone a reality bending pen just to chronicle history, I don't have a clue, they might as well had given the author Thanos glove fully powered.
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Wed May 13, 2015 4:54 pm

They could have, they could have shown Rumpel being the Dark One without having conflicts with Belle, they could have shown Regina getting her revenge on Snow as the Evil Queen, they could have shown Cora being mean and happy next to her daughter, while the heroes suffer whatever destiny the villains wanted them to suffer. Instead they did a "what if Regina and Snow changed places" which was fun but not as good as what seeing a world where villains win
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Wed May 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Caroline wrote:They could have, they could have shown Rumpel being the Dark One without having conflicts with Belle, they could have shown Regina getting her revenge on Snow as the Evil Queen, they could have shown Cora being mean and happy next to her daughter, while the heroes suffer whatever destiny the villains wanted them to suffer. Instead they did a "what if Regina and Snow changed places" which was fun but not as good as what seeing a world where villains win

That's because they never truly win either in fiction or reality. Regina was never really happy which is why the curse got boring quickly for her. Belle would never be happy with him as full blown Dark one unless she is evil too and in that case is not Belle anymore but an alternate version much like Snow was. And besides Regina is no longer evil either.
Ducky

Postby Ducky » Thu May 14, 2015 6:17 am

I really loved the season finale

The good ones being the bad and vice versa was really fun, especialy Ginnifer as Evil Quenn (wait, when Snow was the Queen, she was ... the Snow Queen? :D ) and Roberst as the noble Ogre Killer made a fantstic performance

Henry being the main hero of the episode was also a good idea

i LOVED that Rumple and Belle were togteher again ... but Rumple being in a kind of coma now makes me sad. I hope he will recover soon and I'm curious how he weill be now that he is no longer the Dark One. Btw, when the drakness was sucked out of his heart, it became white, not red meaning what?

Emma being the new dark One - wow!

Looking forward to season 5
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Mon May 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Ducky wrote:Btw, when the darkness was sucked out of his heart, it became white, not red meaning what?

Emma being the new dark One - wow!

I assume some battle between an Evil Emma and a pure Mr Gold? I dunno, just a guess really.
Mr. Silver, almost as good as Mr. Gold!
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.

Return to “Episode Discussion”