[4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2 Discussion

Discuss and rate Once Upon a Time episodes

Did you like [4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2?

Yes
92%
No
No votes
Meh
8%

Total votes: 24
Her Mayorness

Re: [4x21] & [4x22] Operation Mongoose Part 1 & 2 Discussion

Postby Her Mayorness » Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 am

It's been a long time since I watched, but I still remember the fun and all other emotions that kept riling me up. I am calmer now.

It was epic. Yes, I agree the first part wasn't as interesting, but it was necessary to explain some things. Now that I rewatch it, I usually skip to Isaac Con and booksigning to see the Regina fan. Yeah. You can't fail with Regina. She's always the favorite character, good or bad. #NoSpoiler was such a fun tribute of Adam to himself haha.

Henry's acting choices were on point. Loved the scenes between Isaac and he, and the fact he was bold and attacked Isaac for his family. And he is smart too. He read the book, avoiding traps to reach Bandit Regina. And yeah, she was a cupcake. Lana did a perfect job, well as always, portraying the character exactly as she was meant to be - a hero who will never have her happy ending - which the "end" of the AU shows - she dies.

It was interesting to see and find out Emma's fate in the fake book. I'd never have thought it would have been her fate. And I need to say it here. I LOVED CS in that AU. They had a fabulous little journey and was shocked when he got killed. Even if a coward, his true colors started shining through (actually everybody's, except Snow's)and he even defeated the poor doormat Charming. And Snow Dark just rocked it with her acting choices, the wispers that turn blood into ice and the killing of poor Doc left me like :o Dark Dwarves were fun to watch too, and I have to say Isaac was awesome in all the scenes.

I really enjoyed the finale but gotta admit I expected more Outlaw Queen. Yes, these scenes were perfect, but Zelena.... :egad: gah and the wedding. The scene when she leaves the tavern in which Robin and Zelena kiss, and her expression... I mean that's it, the hero who knows will never have true love/happy ending. How sad.

Everyone knew Henry would be the new author and I like the transition from H&V to Storybrooke. It was a great finale and Emma as the new DO - I knew it when Josh said in an interview it was the unimaginable. What would be unimaginable than turning the Saviour into the DO? I am curious to see how it is going to go.

The thing I still cant stomach is that pregnancy. Maybe three weeks ago I was kinda trying to talk myself into - Regina accepts it so it's ok, she doesn't want more kids because she has a son, etc. but her sterility and that baby she should accept as her own, the way it had been conceived.. I don't know. It's just too sick in a way. They need to make the baby disappear somehow and heal her belly. With the water from the well. It has exactly the same properties as Lake Nostos that had healed Snow. :P Yep, trying to cure Regina.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:18 pm

It's just too sick in a way. They need to make the baby disappear somehow and heal her belly. With the water from the well. It has exactly the same properties as Lake Nostos that had healed Snow. :P Yep, trying to cure Regina.

Always the easy way out.

Kill the baby and allow Regina to have some miracle pregnancy? Why? So that she can become a "REAL WOMAN" when she gives birth? :roll:

As far as I'm concerned, if Regina is capable of raising Henry, the son of a woman she had considered a threat, she can raise Zelena and Robin's child.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Sat May 30, 2015 11:44 pm

CTrent29 wrote:

Always the easy way out.

Excuse me, why is this the easy way out. And why would she be deprived of having her own child, I don't understand.

Kill the baby and allow Regina to have some miracle pregnancy? Why? So that she can become a "REAL WOMAN" when she gives birth? :roll:

I never said kill the baby. Once it's born, it can't be killed. The baby needs to disappear magically or any other way. It's sick and the audience hates this pregnancy.
And really what does a "real woman" have to do with giving birth? I thought having children had to do with one's desire to be a parent and not prove some nonsense things.

As far as I'm concerned, if Regina is capable of raising Henry, the son of a woman she had considered a threat, she can raise Zelena and Robin's child.

As far as I am concerned, I'd rather she was raising the Savior's son. At least she didn't plan on destroying Regina's happiness, not intentionally.
Zelena did, and the result is this contrived situation. That baby needs to go away.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
OnceUponAFan

Postby OnceUponAFan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:41 pm

The Wiz of Oz wrote:Let's clear somethings up. It was predicted from multiple people throughout cyber space that:
Emma would become the Dark One
Henry would become the next Author
Merlin was the Sorcerer.

I loved the whole episode. I am kinda down Merlin is the Sorcerer. I was hoping they would be two different people. but it looks like Merlin is Lily's daddy. And I'm happy Camelot is finally coming into play. They better bring back Lancelot.
The guys didnt lie, that ending will change the town forever. Emma has gone Dark... temporary.

4 months and some weeks and counting until season 5.

Why does it look like Merlin is Lily's father? Did I miss something in the finale?
Where I come from, a simple 'thank you' would suffice
Where you come from people bathe in the river and use pine cones for money.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:34 am

No u didnt miss anything
Merlin has ties to dragons in a few of his stories. Also a version of Merlin wear a dragon ring.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm

As far as I am concerned, I'd rather she was raising the Savior's son. At least she didn't plan on destroying Regina's happiness, not intentionally.

But Regina still considered Emma a threat . . . to her guardianship of Henry and to the curse she had cast.

Actually, it would be nice to see Regina try to raise her new nephew or niece. Why do people always want the easy way out?
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 am

CTrent, it is not the easy way out. It is the only way out. General audience hates this story.

The baby is a lifetime challenge and the way it is conceived and out of what reasons is sick enough.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Her Mayorness wrote:CTrent, it is not the easy way out. It is the only way out. General audience hates this story.

The baby is a lifetime challenge and the way it is conceived and out of what reasons is sick enough.

General audiences are going to have to accept it. It's canon. It's no more sick than Regina using magic to get Graham to have sex with her. I don't know if that's true or not, but many fans believe it's true. If they can accept that happened, they can accept that Zelena got pregnant by Robin. If they can accept Emma driving around in a car that she and Neal had stolen (why, I don't know), they can accept this pregnancy storyline. If they can accept Snow and David kidnapping someone's child, they can accept the pregnancy. If they can accept Snow using Regina as a tool to murder the latter's own mother (which is sick, by the way), they can accept this pregnancy. If they can accept Rumpel's murder of his first wife and his lies to his second wife, they can accept the pregnancy.

If they kill off an unborn child in order for Regina and Robin to have a trouble-free relationship, then I am done with this show. If many of you cannot accept the pregnancy, why continue watching the show? :shrug2:
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:11 pm

It's no more sick than Regina using magic to get Graham to have sex with her. I don't know if that's true or not, but many fans believe it's true.

But it is true. The curse made sure Graham accepted that sex with Regina was thing. Would you rather people ignored Regina's rape of Graham (ripping out his heart in the EF, and throughout 28 years in Storybrooke) because it paints her as a rapist, much like Zelena? Or are a fair number of anti-Regina fans imagining things from season 1?

The only way for this baby drama to have not been a thing would have been for Zelena to have been lying about being pregnant.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:37 am

Of course it is more sick than Regina/Graham because of the result, and that is the baby AND Zelena sleeping with Robin, Regina's TL and soul mate. That is a HUGE difference.

I hope they find the way to correct this sick and contrived plot because that is going to be a serious reason to drop watching. For me, and for most people I talked about. Also for those numerous people of FB who simply hate Zelena just for that baby plot.
A&E will have to face it.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Wait...Rumple's forsight was originally NOT a Dark One power. He got it from a seer. Does that mean he'll keep it when season 5 starts?
Longlivequeenregina

Postby Longlivequeenregina » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:31 am

Sorry to who all don't agree but I think Regina deserves her happy ending after all zelena did baby trap Robin Hood because she didn't want Regina to be happy so I say let her do whatever it takes to be happy :shrug2:
Robert60

Postby Robert60 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:19 pm

IF Issac had thought a little bit he could have put Emma and Henry back into the lives they had in New York without any memory of Storybrook or their true past. Then henry wouldn't have come looking for him. Issac would have won.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:32 pm

That story still wouldn't have affect Henry
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:35 pm

infinight wrote:Finally, would it be too much to ask the level of responsibility the Author has for the Charming's actions in regard to Lily. We know he controlled the Apprentice, and the Charmings keep saying that he put them on that path, but did he directly control their actions or not? Right now, it could honestly go either way, and none of the characters seem that interested in finding out which of their actions were done of their own accord.
IT was true that Isaac was the real culprit and set them on that path. He admitted it was his fault and explained why when he was arrested. That clues that everything during the baby Lily incident that it was really his crime. And after all, the real Snow would not treat a animal transforming being badly. You can see that with her dealings with werewolves, mermaids, and giants for example. I keep trying to tell alot of people that it was revealed to be Isaac's fault and crime in the first place.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:37 pm

NickyHelp wrote:
infinight wrote:Finally, would it be too much to ask the level of responsibility the Author has for the Charming's actions in regard to Lily. We know he controlled the Apprentice, and the Charmings keep saying that he put them on that path, but did he directly control their actions or not? Right now, it could honestly go either way, and none of the characters seem that interested in finding out which of their actions were done of their own accord.
IT was true that Isaac was the real culprit and set them on that path. He admitted it was his fault and explained why when he was arrested. That clues that everything during the baby Lily incident that it was really his crime. And after all, the real Snow would not treat a animal transforming being badly. You can see that with her dealings with werewolves, mermaids, and giants for example. I keep trying to tell alot of people that it was revealed to be Isaac's fault and crime in the first place.
Not to mention that the way Snow said that, it clues that he somehow controlled their actions too. I mean the term Set you on a path has more than one meaning, and this one seems more related to how a writer of a book or movie sets a character on a path. For exampe: George Lucus set Anakin Skywalker on a path to be seduced by the dark side of the force before he removed him from that path in "Return of the Jedi".
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:08 pm

NickyHelp wrote:
NickyHelp wrote:
Not to mention that the way Snow said that, it clues that he somehow controlled their actions too. I mean the term Set you on a path has more than one meaning, and this one seems more related to how a writer of a book or movie sets a character on a path. For exampe: George Lucus set Anakin Skywalker on a path to be seduced by the dark side of the force before he removed him from that path in "Return of the Jedi".
Also I have proof that Jane made a mistake in saying that Isaac only made the Apprentice control his actions on twitter (where I got her to confess).
https://twitter.com/nickyaiuto1/status/ ... 5030394880

This proves he controlled the Charming's actions as well like he did to the Apprentice.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:32 pm

CTrent29 wrote:
Her Mayorness wrote:CTrent, it is not the easy way out. It is the only way out. General audience hates this story.

If they can accept Snow and David kidnapping someone's child, they can accept the pregnancy. If they can accept Snow using Regina as a tool to murder the latter's own mother (which is sick, by the way), they can accept this pregnancy. If they can accept Rumpel's murder of his first wife and his lies to his second wife, they can accept the pregnancy.

Except it was Isaac who made Snowing do the kidnapping with his pen. As revealed here by Jane (when hinting that she made a mistake) https://twitter.com/nickyaiuto1/status/ ... 5030394880

Return to “Episode Discussion”