No
14%
Meh
43%

Total votes: 7
Wolven Voltage

[2x03] Lady of the Lake Discussion

Postby Wolven Voltage » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

What were your favorite moments of this episode?

I loved every bit of it! I liked Lancelot a lot more than I thought I would, he was a great character. I'm just saddened he 'died' [hopefully not!]. My most absolute favorite part was when Jefferson found Grace, I literally cried the moment I saw his face. He was so sad and scared! I also enjoyed Henry and Charming fighting with swords, and the realization Emma had that Snow gave up having and raising her daughter to keep her safe. :rose:
Official fan girl of Storybrooke's Doctor

mysticalflute

Re: Favorite Moments: [s2 ep3] Lady of the Lake

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:32 pm

-Emma and Snow. ALL OF IT.

-Snow and Ruth. So heartbreaking. </3

-Charming and Henry at the end.

-Henry's "I should be there, with them!" line. Proves to me that everyone would rather be in the enchanted forest than Storybrooke. Well, aside from Regina and Rumpel, but they can stay here.

-Ruth in general. :(
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Wolven Voltage

Postby Wolven Voltage » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:35 pm

mysticalflute wrote:-Emma and Snow. ALL OF IT.

-Henry's "I should be there, with them!" line. Proves to me that everyone would rather be in the enchanted forest than Storybrooke. Well, aside from Regina and Rumpel, but they can stay here.

Hahaha, they can stay there xD Actually, Rumple doesn't want to me in -Storybrooke-. He wants to be in that world. Last episode he was breaking everything because he found out they can't leave.

mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Ruby's Wolf wrote:
mysticalflute wrote:-Emma and Snow. ALL OF IT.

Hahaha, they can stay there xD Actually, Rumple doesn't want to me in -Storybrooke-. He wants to be in that world. Last episode he was breaking everything because he found out they can't leave.

Okay, fine, Bae can come back and be with Rumpel and Belle. :P
And more!
Wolven Voltage

Postby Wolven Voltage » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm

^ Much better plan xD I honestly don't think Regina cares where she is, as long as she has power/what she wants.

Caroline

Postby Caroline » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Hard to say, the episode was perfect.

- Badass Snow kickikg Aurora's ass.
- Snow and her "back away from my daughther" line
- Charming's mother
- Jefferson meeting Grace after all this years
- All the nursery scenes
- Mulan becoming Snow's fangirl
- Emma getting emotional because finally someone puts her first
- Lancelot being so nice and honorable
- Charming and Henry playing with swords
- The cocodrile promo
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:35 pm

I loved watching Henry and David sword fight at the end after Henry said that he should be in FTL with Snow and Emma.

And Snow and Emma connecting in FTL was awesome. I loved the hug in the nursery the best.

Snow and Charming's small wedding for Ruth had me tearing up. I think that's my all time favourite tv/movie wedding.

Grace and Jefferson reuniting was great. I think the talk Jefferson had with Henry was a good thing.
Lights Edge

Postby Lights Edge » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Caroline wrote:Hard to say, the episode was perfect.

- Badass Snow kickikg Aurora's ass.
- Snow and her "back away from my daughther" line
- Charming's mother
- Jefferson meeting Grace after all this years
- All the nursery scenes
- Mulan becoming Snow's fangirl
- Emma getting emotional because finally someone puts her first
- Lancelot being so nice and honorable
- Charming and Henry playing with swords
- The cocodrile promo

Meh, you listed everything I wanted to write! XD I SO can't wait for next Sunday! o.o (Well, monday over here in good ol' germany. x'D ) SO.CAN'T.WAIT. Wanna see Rumple in action...and Hook. >:D
All magic comes with a price!
- Rumplestiltskin -
Colleen

Postby Colleen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 pm

My absolute favorite scene was mom/daughter in the nursery, it had me in tears when snow was telling emma, she was going to teach her to walk, talk, dress up for her first ball. Gosh, it was so touching.

Oh... and when snow told charming they were going to have a child. His reaction was so funny. "Is there something you wanted to tell me?" LOL
the-epic-prince

Postby the-epic-prince » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Charming fighting all of the guards.
What's the difference between a northern fairy tale and a southern one?
Northern fairy tales, once upon a time.
Southern fairy tales, you ain't gonna believe this!
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm

My favorite part was when Cora came out of nowhere and said "Oh, I killed him a long time ago."
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 pm

You know almost all of my favourites scenes in this episode were near the end.

- The scene between Snow and Emma in the nursery. Emma confessing that no one had ever put her first before. I cried.
- Snow remembering how the nursery used to be and the broken look on her face. I cried some more. It's a sad scene but it was done so well.
- Jefferson reuniting with Grace. His expression! I just couldn't take it. More tears from me but happy ones.
-Charming and Henry sword fighting. No tears this time but it made me so happy ^_^.

And scenes not from the end

- Snow kicking Aurora's ass after Aurora tried to kill her. Go bad ass Snow!
- Snow taking down a freaking Ogre with one shot.
- Emma's line about the chimera meal. "...turducken?" :lol:
- Charming's mom, she was so sweet.
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
Belleflower

Postby Belleflower » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 pm

I loved the scene after Emma and Snow are talking in the nursery and when Snow turns around and sees everything she lost. The tears in her eyes were heartbreaking. :cry:
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Chassen

Postby Chassen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Y'all made me tear up again thinking of the nursery scene.
I confess I felt a teeny bit bad when Henry stood up Regina. Mainly because she looked so happy to have him speaking to her.
I enjoyed the scenes where Ruth & Snow interacted and the look on Snow's face when she realized Ruth sacrificed herself for their happiness. I don't think anyone had sacrificed anything to that extent for her before (not just a life but in general).
My mom said I should have been blonde. I disagree-blondes are easier to spot in the woods at night.
Echo-AU
Boss

Postby Echo-AU » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:34 pm

mysticalflute wrote:-Henry's "I should be there, with them!" line. Proves to me that everyone would rather be in the enchanted forest than Storybrooke. Well, aside from Regina and Rumpel, but they can stay here.

Regina would be anywhere Henry was. If Henry went to FTL, she'd follow him.

Favourite moments:

- Emma and Snow hugging in the nursery.

- That little look of hope on Regina's face when Henry calls (although I could swat the brat for not being an adult and just talking to his Mom instead of deceiving her).

- Snow shooting the ogre in the eye. If bet the farm she was channeling Ripley from Aliens there lol
Were it not madness to deny
To live because we're sure to die?

- Sir George Etherege
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Echo-AU wrote:- That little look of hope on Regina's face when Henry calls (although I could swat the brat for not being an adult and just talking to his Mom instead of deceiving her).

He's ten. He's not an adult - and nor does Regina deserve his respect after everything she did to him.
And more!
LibraLady

Postby LibraLady » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Mary Margaret and Emma in the nursery set me up for a good old-fashioned boohoo when Jefferson reunited with Grace. If we'd gotten his scene in episode 1, like we all wanted, the emotional punch wouldn't have hit this hard.

I'm one hundred percent back to trusting the writers again. (Though I reserve the right to gnash my teeth and fidget at will!)
Regina: I assume this is your doing?
Gold: Most things are.
Echo-AU
Boss

Postby Echo-AU » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:14 am

mysticalflute wrote:He's ten. He's not an adult - and nor does Regina deserve his respect after everything she did to him.

She's trying to change.. to redeem herself. Which is what Henry wanted. If he wants her to change, he needs to allow an environment for her to change.

And all I see Regina having done to him was raise him. The curse prevented her from doing a lot of things - she couldn't leave any more than any other person in SB and (as was covered in another thread) she couldn't exactly tell him about the curse either.

So no, I think she does deserve some respect after raising him for 10 years, changing every diaper, soothing every fever and enduring every tantrum.
Were it not madness to deny
To live because we're sure to die?

- Sir George Etherege
LibraLady

Postby LibraLady » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 am

Echo-AU wrote:So no, I think she does deserve some respect after raising him for 10 years, changing every diaper, soothing every fever and enduring every tantrum.

Good point, but every mother of an unruly child knows, that never happens until the kid has one just like him.

*edit* My flippant reply got me thinking...in the season 1 scenario, Emma was never really a mother figure to Henry. She was a father figure. Regina did do all the grunt work and Emma got all the fun. From this angle, its going to be even more interesting to watch the shifts in power when his father turns up. For now, I'm happy to let gramps have a turn.
Regina: I assume this is your doing?
Gold: Most things are.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Echo-AU wrote:She's trying to change.. to redeem herself. Which is what Henry wanted. If he wants her to change, he needs to allow an environment for her to change.

I get your point, but I also see why he doesn't trust her. She uses fear and manipulation to control people, both in FTL and SB. She recently tried to kill Charming in front of him and then used magic to threaten everyone so he would go with her. Yes, she let him go, but it is entirely understandable how that one act wouldn't suddenly make him trust her.

Echo-AU wrote:And all I see Regina having done to him was raise him. The curse prevented her from doing a lot of things - she couldn't leave any more than any other person in SB and (as was covered in another thread) she couldn't exactly tell him about the curse either.

So no, I think she does deserve some respect after raising him for 10 years, changing every diaper, soothing every fever and enduring every tantrum.

She cared for his physical needs, but not his emotional needs. Archie implied once early on that she tried to control Henry (like she did everyone else). She put it off as parental love, but if it was that, it wouldn't have kept pushing him away (at least not until he was a teen ;). She raised him and was the only mother he knew, so if everything she did was out of love, he wouldn't have felt cut off from her emotionally. Her love for Henry is a selfish love, imo. She wanted someone to love her, not someone to love. I think that's what Emma saw in that first episode when she asked Regina if she loved Henry. I think Regina cares about Henry, but remember, the last person named Henry who she loved, she sacrificed to enact the curse. So maybe she deserves some respect (he didn't want them to kill her), but she doesn't deserve trust (once lost, it has to be earned).
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."

Return to “Episode Discussion”