14%
Meh
43%

Total votes: 7
Echo-AU
Boss

Re: Favorite Moments: [s2 ep3] Lady of the Lake

Postby Echo-AU » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:26 pm

I think she went a hell of a long way in earning trust in this episode. If you think about it, once she realized where Henry was after he'd stood her up, she could have gone there herself and kept her secrets; instead she called David and told him all about the crypt beneath her father's tomb - the one hiding god knows what kind of things she'd brought over from FTL (immortal killer snakes being only one of the things).

And I'm willing to bet she didn't hesitate for a second before doing so either.
Were it not madness to deny
To live because we're sure to die?

- Sir George Etherege
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

I agree that she did the right thing there. But trust, once lost, takes a long time to win back. Ask anyone who has been betrayed. That is her sole reason for hating Snow and she has had decades to get over that but can't, even though Snow was just a little girl at the time.

She's on the right track with Henry, but she's bound to stumble a time or two and it will take a lot of time to get there. I think Henry might forgive her long before he actually trusts her.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
Snow White

Postby Snow White » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Well i have two things to say.
Number One- Echo i love you'r new avatar! Love, love love. That Lana's picture is great.
Number Two- My favorite moment was Jefferson and Grace reunion. I cried a bit. I was so scared of her reaction, but then when she said "papa" i was all like YEEEEEEEEY SHE LOVES HIM!!!!
-There's someone out there for me. Someone I love very much, and I will not lose him-
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 am

Echo-AU wrote:
mysticalflute wrote:He's ten. He's not an adult - and nor does Regina deserve his respect after everything she did to him.

She's trying to change.. to redeem herself. Which is what Henry wanted. If he wants her to change, he needs to allow an environment for her to change.

And all I see Regina having done to him was raise him. The curse prevented her from doing a lot of things - she couldn't leave any more than any other person in SB and (as was covered in another thread) she couldn't exactly tell him about the curse either.

So no, I think she does deserve some respect after raising him for 10 years, changing every diaper, soothing every fever and enduring every tantrum.

What about all the times she humiliated him in front of his class mates. The time she set him up to walk in on Emma saying he's crazy? What about her making him feel like he was crazy? Guess where he learned this behavior?! REGINA! Charming doesn't know how to be a parent. Also, how in the heck are you supposed to rail on a kid that thinks his father is dead, his mother and grand mother just went missing, his adoptive mother just blew fire balls at the town in order to get him back, oh and who was just poisoned indirectly by his step mother. If you want to blame someone, blame Regina, she's the one that raised him to be like this.
Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

Nice topic! :)

My favorite parts are Charming fighting the knights and Regina trying to do right for Henry.
Echo-AU
Boss

Postby Echo-AU » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 am

Danielsgrl03 wrote:If you want to blame someone, blame Regina, she's the one that raised him to be like this.

While we're on the blame train.. why don't we blame Cora because she's the one who raised Regina like that?

Or Rumpel for coming to Regina, finally, at her very lowest point in life - when he could have come at any point, without her 'summoning' him. Could have saved her, but set her on the path to her own destruction.

Or Emma for abandoning Henry - for lying to him about his father and telling him his father was dead.

No, I'm sorry, if Henry is old enough to demand his mother's redemption, then he needs to allow a bit of space for her to be able to redeem herself. Right now she has no one, not a single soul she can rely on - and even alcoholics have their sponsor.

- Sir George Etherege
Snow White

Postby Snow White » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Echo-AU wrote:
Danielsgrl03 wrote:If you want to blame someone, blame Regina, she's the one that raised him to be like this.

While we're on the blame train.. why don't we blame Cora because she's the one who raised Regina like that?

Or Rumpel for coming to Regina, finally, at her very lowest point in life - when he could have come at any point, without her 'summoning' him. Could have saved her, but set her on the path to her own destruction.

Or Emma for abandoning Henry - for lying to him about his father and telling him his father was dead.

No, I'm sorry, if Henry is old enough to demand his mother's redemption, then he needs to allow a bit of space for her to be able to redeem herself. Right now she has no one, not a single soul she can rely on - and even alcoholics have their sponsor.

Oh there is a lot to blame on parents! But Emma didn't have easy life, she go through everything that normal child don't have to. I think that Emma did that because she now that Henry will find him. And she didn't wan't to face him, or she didn't wan't Henry to meet him.
-There's someone out there for me. Someone I love very much, and I will not lose him-
Echo-AU
Boss

Postby Echo-AU » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Archie: I need to get away from my parents. I want to be free.
Blue Fairy: Ok
Cinderella: I need to get out of here. My mom's driving me nuts.
Regina: My mom is abusing me, she killed my boyfriend, she's forcing me to marry some old king, she's making me crazy, I'm afraid of becoming evil and I don't want to hurt anyone! I need to get out of here.
Regina: ...
Regina: Hello?

- Sir George Etherege
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Echo-AU wrote:Archie: I need to get away from my parents. I want to be free.
Regina: My mom is abusing me, she killed my boyfriend, she's forcing me to marry some old king, she's making me crazy, I'm afraid of becoming evil and I don't want to hurt anyone! I need to get out of here.

Rumpel Here, just shove her into a looking glass. I'll teach you magic too if you want.

Regina Okay, even though I said I didn't want to use magic other than for getting rid of my mother!
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Belleflower

Postby Belleflower » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Echo-AU wrote:Archie: I need to get away from my parents. I want to be free.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue Fairy can be ridiculous fickle sometimes. She helped Baelfire too. It seems like she helped everyone BUT Regina.
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Blue turned Archie into a Cricket...don't think Regina would have gone for that. ;)

Blue didn't come to Cinderella, her family's fairy godmother did...before Rumple killed her and only helped Cinderella after she signed the contract. Did Regina have to promise him anything in return? I don't recall...

And did Regina ever ask the Blue Fairy for help? Did she ever "wish on the star" like Archie or Cinderella or Bae? Hmmmm... :|
phyvomike82

Postby phyvomike82 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Cora!!!!!!!!!
Echo-AU
Boss

Postby Echo-AU » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 am

Jennie wrote:Blue turned Archie into a Cricket...don't think Regina would have gone for that. ;)

Blue didn't come to Cinderella, her family's fairy godmother did...before Rumple killed her and only helped Cinderella after she signed the contract. Did Regina have to promise him anything in return? I don't recall...

And did Regina ever ask the Blue Fairy for help? Did she ever "wish on the star" like Archie or Cinderella or Bae? Hmmmm... :|

Meh, Archie *asked* to be a cricket - I'm sure she would have spirited him away somewhere if he'd asked for that instead.

A fairy still came for Cinderella and all the fairies are answerable to the Blue Fairy.

Maybe we just haven't seen the backstory where Regina asked for help.

It was only meant to highlight the fact that a lot of people got a lot of help when Regina got none... Even from her own father when she begged him to help. Somehow the response "Are you sure it just isn't cold feet" just doesn't measure up when his daughter is begging him to help her leave and get away from her mother.

- Sir George Etherege
Hannah

Postby Hannah » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:45 am

I liked the whole episode and I cried too when Emma and Snow hugged.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Echo-AU wrote:Meh, Archie *asked* to be a cricket - I'm sure she would have spirited him away somewhere if he'd asked for that instead.

A fairy still came for Cinderella and all the fairies are answerable to the Blue Fairy.

Maybe we just haven't seen the backstory where Regina asked for help.

It was only meant to highlight the fact that a lot of people got a lot of help when Regina got none... Even from her own father when she begged him to help. Somehow the response "Are you sure it just isn't cold feet" just doesn't measure up when his daughter is begging him to help her leave and get away from her mother.

Archie knew that no matter where he went, his parents wouldn't let him escape. I think he had tried to escape before, but they would somehow always find him. That's why he asked to be a cricket. I don't see Regina asking to be turned into an insect just to avoid marrying the king and get away from Cora.

I'm not sure why it seems that some families have fairy godmothers and others don't, but I would think that if Regina's family had one, wouldn't she have called on her? It doesn't appear that Snow or her family has a fairy godmother either, since she never called on one for help. She went to Rumple for help once too. I wonder why Regina kept using magic once she was rid of her mother.

Henry loved his daughter, but I think he was too afraid of Cora and what she would do to Regina, to encourage Regina to go against her and try to escape. He had no power to help Regina, so was probably just trying to keep her safe.
NickyHelp

Re: [2x03] Lady of the Lake Discussion

Postby NickyHelp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Wolven Voltage wrote:What were your favorite moments of this episode?

I loved every bit of it! I liked Lancelot a lot more than I thought I would, he was a great character. I'm just saddened he 'died' [hopefully not!]. My most absolute favorite part was when Jefferson found Grace, I literally cried the moment I saw his face. He was so sad and scared! I also enjoyed Henry and Charming fighting with swords, and the realization Emma had that Snow gave up having and raising her daughter to keep her safe. :rose:

The Good news is that Lancelot did not die. It was revealed in season 5 ep 3. By saying his survival was a long story, it somehow hinted that he encountered Cora before he escaped. And Cora lied about his death as she always does like all the villains. And he is still out there and escaped the third curse that Hook casted.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:16 pm

No Happy Ending wrote:My favorite part was when Cora came out of nowhere and said "Oh, I killed him a long time ago."
And yet she lied about Lancelot's death. As revealed in season 5.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Chassen wrote:Y'all made me tear up again thinking of the nursery scene.
I confess I felt a teeny bit bad when Henry stood up Regina. Mainly because she looked so happy to have him speaking to her.
I enjoyed the scenes where Ruth & Snow interacted and the look on Snow's face when she realized Ruth sacrificed herself for their happiness. I don't think anyone had sacrificed anything to that extent for her before (not just a life but in general).

What are you talking about? Aside from Ruth, people have been giving up their freedom and lives to ensure Snow's. Even Maid Marian did it for her. And it's because she and all others believed her innocent and those that still live all voted "Snow White should be our Queen!" All Snow Fans and Fangirls.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Hannah wrote:I liked the whole episode and I cried too when Emma and Snow hugged.

Emma was like a teenager or 10 year old hugging her mother in tears and how emotional and how she was breathing hardly with sadness.
NickyHelp

Re: [2x03] Lady of the Lake Discussion

Postby NickyHelp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:27 pm

I enjoyed everything there like the mother and daughter adventure, Lancelot and his honor, seeing the sweet bond between Henry and Charming. The sweet moments between Snow and Ruth, and I enjoy seeing Red in action.

I enjoyed seeing how Mulan voted for Snow to lead them and the Kingdom. And you know what, many people and characters would always vote Snow or both her and Charming to lead them. If Lancelot were actually dead, he would definately leave the job to Snow.

Return to “Episode Discussion”