[2x16] The Miller's Daughter Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for seasons 1-2.
Sandy

[2x16] The Miller's Daughter Spoilers

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 pm

Expected Air Date: 10 Mar 2013 8PM US ET

Synopsis
Spoiler:
mysticalflute wrote:Press release!

Monday, March 04, 2013
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
THIS SUNDAY ON ONCE UPON A TIME (3/10)

CORA'S DESIRE TO TAKE RUMPLESTILTSKIN'S PLACE AS THE DARK ONE TAKES
ONE STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING REALITY AS HE LAYS DYING, AND MARY MARGARET IS ONCE AGAIN TEMPTED BY DARK MAGIC, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Rose McGowan ("Charmed") Guest Stars as Younger Cora

"The Miller's Daughter" - Cora's desire to rid herself of Rumplestiltskin in order to take his place as The Dark One takes one step closer to becoming reality as she and Regina try to overpower a dying Mr. Gold, and Mary Margaret is once again tempted by dark magic. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin agrees to offer his services to a younger Cora - for a price - when the king calls her bluff and orders her to actually follow through on her boast of being able to spin straw into gold, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MARCH 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Barbara Hershey as Cora, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Rose McGowan as younger Cora, Gerry Rousseau as father, Joaquim de Almeida as King Xavier, Eva Allan as Princess Eva, Zak Santiago as Prince Henry and Sonequa Martin-Green as Tamara.

"The Miller's Daughter" was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

"Once Upon a Time" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,V parental guideline.

For more information on "Once Upon a Time," visit ABC.com/Once

Photography and video available at http://www.abcmedianet.com. Photography request line (818) 460-6611.

Update 08 Mar 2013
Video Promos

Spoiler:
Caroline wrote:First 9 minutes of the episode:

HappyEndings wrote:Did anyone check out the ABC Website

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon- ... VD55282193

It looks Snow is giving the box which I think has the heart into to either Cora or Regina I can't tell :egad: :egad:

mysticalflute wrote:I screengrabbed it for anyone who wants to see the picture without trying to click the pause button at the right time:

Hmm, I wonder who she's handing it to. Maybe it's Regina? I bet if it was Cora she'd look more freaked out.

Suz_M* wrote:Little teaser video. Has stuff from the other shows that will be airing Sunday, but there's some new Once stuff as well :)

Update 10 Mar 2013
Pics and Other

Spoiler:

Official 2x16 Promo Pics [Updated Regularly]

mysticalflute wrote:Script bit 5:

liolet wrote:Another script tease and Rumpel says "Whose heart is in the box?" :egad:

Danielsgrl03 wrote:So I was looking at the Once twitter feed tonight and saw that they released the title card for "The Miller's Daughter". But the title card kind of confused me. It's a truck with a tree laying across the hood. It kind of looks like Snow's truck but it's orange, isn't hers tan? Is it Grumpy's truck? I'm thinking it's a clue to who dies.

http://once-storybrooke.net/photos/disp ... play_media
Caroline wrote:^^ No script quotes has been released, I think we only get those when we have a two week hiatus, the first week they post the script quotes and the second the sneak peeks.
And they have already released a lot of material from this episode

Edit to add: it seems they are releasing script quotes, but they are parts already shown in the 9 minutes preview

https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/3108 ... 48/photo/1
MapiyaHuyana wrote:Well, here are three quotes from Twitter, released just couple of hours ago.

Script quote #1
Script quote #2
Script quote #3

-------------------------

HappyEndings wrote:Twitter chats this Sunday, with Ginny, Josh, Meghan and Jane

It's been awhile since the cast participated in a twitter chat during the airing of an episode.

JOIN STARS FROM ABC’S SUNDAY NIGHT LINEUP IN LIVE TWITTER CHATS

Please note: The ET and PT designations indicate whether the Tweet session will accompany the East or West Coast telecast of the show; for shows with neither designation, that information is still TBD)

Sunday, March 10, 8:00-9:00 p.m.

“Once Upon A Time,” @OnceABC, #OneWillDie

Follow:

Ginnifer Goodwin, @ginnygoodwin (PT)
Josh Dallas, @joshdallas (PT)
Meghan Ohry, @meghanrory (PT)
Jane Espenson (Writer), @JaneEspenson (PT and ET)

--------------------------

liolet wrote:New WetPaint article with hints about the episode :
1. A common, and hotly debated, fan theory about a main character is directly addressed. Does it turn out to be right? Our lips are sealed.

2. Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) isn't the only baddie with major humiliation in his/her past.

3. "Henry's never going to forgive that."

4. One character questions his/her life goals, and considers giving up everything s/he's worked for. And no, we're not talking about the good character that goes bad.

5. On the topic of a good character going bad, we have a feeling there's going to be intense debate about how dark that character has actually gone.

6. "No, I was able to do it. I chose not to."

7. Speaking of choosing, a choice one character made in a recent flashback is revisited, with a twist. Will s/he make the same decision twice, or will s/he go down a different path this time?

8. Love can overcome anger and hurt in extreme situations.

9. Someone gets a beautiful reminder of who s/he really is.

10. "I didn't know you had that in you." / "Oh, I'm full of love."
http://www.wetpaint.com/once-upon-a-tim ... s-daughter

mysticalflute wrote:No peeks yet, but here's some behind the scene pictures with Young!Cora:

http://www.onceuponatimefans.co.uk/apps/photos/album?albumid=14577414

HappyEndings wrote:Here are some juicy tidbits to tide you over until Sunday, March 10, "Once Upon a Time" fans. We've seen "The Miller's Daughter" and it is definitely setting up some big-time problems in Storybrooke.

•"The Miller's Daughter" is All About Eve ... ahem ... Cora (guest star Rose McGowan). Turns out she and Snow's mother Eva knew each other before Regina was even born. And they've never exactly been friendly.
•Remember how in the episode titled "In the Name of the Brother," Cora and Rumpelstiltskin shared a kiss, sealing a deal "like they used to"? This episode will show you just exactly what Cora meant by that remark. :rose:
•The magic candle that could have saved Eva when Snow was a little girl makes another appearance -- will it get used this time? We aren't telling!
•There are some great emotional moments in this hour of TV, the first of which involves Mr. Gold and Belle. Get out the hankies.
•And maybe keep them out for a moment involving Regina. Her heart isn't completely cold and black.
•This episode is a total game-changer for one of your favorite characters.

Get excited for "The Miller's Daughter" -- and then lament that you'll have to wait two weeks to find out what's going to happen, because the next episode, airing Sunday, March 17, is "Welcome to Storybrooke" and it's a flashback, though it will include the return of Jamie Dornan as the Sheriff/Huntsman.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/03/once-upon-a-time-the-millers-daughter-is-all-about-cora---6-things-to-watch-for.html

I hope this isn't a duplicate post if so please let me know so I can delete it. :|

liolet wrote:Here's another picture to go along with the previous two !

------------------------

-----------------

HappyEndings wrote:
HappyEndings wrote:You know I don't get it where is the Blue Fairy in all of this just sitting back and watching or what? In fact where are all the fairy's at?

Check out this casting call list the Blue Fairy isn't on it or maybe it was changed :shrug2:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8654b506724e81a6a10eb33dd9f3e355/tumblr_mgyevzXfZU1s29wsyo1_1280.jpg

mysticalflute wrote:Pictures: http://www.seat42f.com/once-upon-a-time-season-2-episode-16-the-millers-daughter-photos.html

All it takes is a flick of the wrist Emma, c'mon....

HappyEndings wrote:Looks like Bella gets her memory back see this tweet in this episode :D

https://twitter.com/B_Barnett/status/304752309387272192

I apologize if this has been posted before please remove post if it has.

mysticalflute wrote:They showed the first 10 minutes of TMD at Paleyfest yesterday, and this is what they showed...

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled! http://swanbug.tumblr.com/post/44557654410

So many people are asking what I saw of it at Paley so I will just put some bullet points:

DADDY CASSADY AND HENRY ARE SMILING STEERING THE SHIP!!
Gold tells Emma what would happen if Cora and Regina posses the dagger.
Gold assumes Emma wants him to die, but she makes it clear that he is her family now whether he likes or not and is going to make sure he doesn’t die.. askjdhaskjdasd
We see young Cora going to sell flour and Princess Ava (Snow’s mom) trips her on purpose and the king embarrasses Cora and makes her apologize.
There is a masquerade ball for Prince Henry to find a wife and Cora attends.
She is found out by the king and gets kicked out, but she says it’s his loss because she can turn straw into gold, so the king presents her to the ball and says she claims she can turn straw into gold and if that is true, she can marry Prince Henry.

The Wiz of Oz wrote:something i found check it out

http://tvfilmnews.com/once-upon-a-time-2x16-the-millers-daughter-synopsis-spoilers/

In (other) Once casting news for the New Year, sources report that episode 16 will bring more new castings by way of ‘King Xavier’ and ‘Prince Henry’. Xavier is in his mid 40′s and described as having a ‘mean sense of humor’ and is troubled about the lack of gold in his kingdom and maintaining his regal lifestyle. Prince Henry is Regina’s father as a young man, in his 20′s and is set to marry into King Xavier’s kingdom to change the failing kingdoms fortunes. This royal wedding flashback will presumably feature the recently cast Rose McGowan as a young Cora.

mysticalflute wrote:Rose McGowan on a possible return:

Nicole F.: Can you tell me anything else about Rose McGowan's character on Once? I've been obsessed with her since Charmed!
That's a great question, which is why we posed it to McGowan herself. We already know she's playing a younger version of Cora in an origin episode airing next month, but did you also know she's part of a love story? "I fall madly in love, and then it ends tragically," she tells us. "Most of my stuff is with Rumple. And it was an amazing experience and I'll see them again next season." Next season? Does this mean we'll see her character again? "It's in the works," McGowan tells us coyly.

[Source]

mysticalflute wrote:From Barbara Barnett:

http://imloveouat.tumblr.com/post/43663292246/barbara-barnett-spoilers-for-the-millers-daughter

Trying to figure out how something like that leaves someone in tears but... to each their own. I didn't cry during Manhattan when everyone else did, so...

mysticalflute wrote:I only have two things to say.

Uh.

Oh.

http://www.onceuponatimefans.co.uk/apps/blog/show/23961778-death-in-storybrooke

mysticalflute wrote:If you're eating right now, STOP before you read the last line of this article. (Though Rose looks FAB!)

http://jamesrayna.tumblr.com/image/43643812749

Ewwwww. Ew ew ew ew ewwwwwww!

mysticalflute wrote:Young!Cora on her way to a ball. http://instagram.com/p/VXYi5usIk3/

mysticalflute wrote:Behold, the (young) face of evil. :shock:

http://instagram.com/p/U9_ifkAYrv/

shirona wrote:Image
Whoa...

Hmm I wonder what this episode will be about ;).
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
The Wiz of Oz

Re: [2x16] The Miller's Daughter

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:12 am

Cora's backstory featuring Paige Matthews aka Rose McGowan as young Cora. hmm I 'm guessing Rumple will be n part of this story. And I'm guessing we will will see a twist on the classic story of Rumple
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Belleflower

Postby Belleflower » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:09 am

Finally! We're going to get the original miller's daughter tale! I just pray to God the writers don't turn Cora into a victim. That trick is getting tiresome.
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Wolven Voltage

Postby Wolven Voltage » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:31 am

Another Regina episode? Ugh...
I'm getting tired of it
Official fan girl of Storybrooke's Doctor

mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:37 am

Wolven Voltage wrote:Another Regina episode? Ugh...
I'm getting tired of it

Actually, I think it's Cora's backstory... but I have no doubt Regina will be a big part of the SB side. :roll:

It's turning into the Regina Show. They need to start focusing on other characters, especially the Charmings, since a lot of the fandom seems to think they're one-dimensional.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
La Belle et la Bete

Postby La Belle et la Bete » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Cool title. It's good to see that the show is finally going to reveal Cora's backstory with Rumpel. That'll be fun to see.

Actually, I think it's Cora's backstory... but I have no doubt Regina will be a big part of the SB side. :roll:

It's turning into the Regina Show. They need to start focusing on other characters, especially the Charmings, since a lot of the fandom seems to think they're one-dimensional.

You know, I actually agree. We haven't received a Charming-centric or Rumpel-centric episodes in ages. And if my memory serves me right, I think Regina has already had three episodes dedicated to her.

I was trying to put my finger on why this season has felt so slow and uneven, but I think the show's constant focus on Regina has something to do with it. I miss Rumpel, Snow and all of the supporting characters. I'm actually not terribly fond of the Charmings, but I actually kind of miss them. I really liked Lady of the Lake, but that was months ago. And I really loved The Crocodile, but that episode was months ago too. I want to learn more about Belle and Neal, but I can't shake the feeling that they're going to be pushed aside for Regina's character too.
ღ You're a coward Rumplestiltskin. No matter how thick you make your skin that doesn't change. You just don't think I can love you. Now you've made your choice and you're going to regret it forever. And all you have is an empty heart and a chipped cup ღ
ihr

Postby ihr » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Well, Regina is so much more interesting than the other characters, you can hardly fault the show. :-)
We're going to see rumple a lot, especially in his original story with Cora.
Regina and Rumple are the most interesting characters on the show.
Frankly, I find charming boring and he gets too much screen time as it is.
I wouldn't mind see more Red and Belle.
misy

Postby misy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm looking forward to this eps.

Not only will it give us Cora's backstory/history with Rumple, it gives us the original Rumplestiltskin tale (with K&H's twist, I'm sure).

Hopefully it will answer the question K&H posed after The Stable Boy - "What did Cora do to get out of a deal with someone who kills people?"

Why, exactly, do some of Rumple's deals require a first born?

Cora knew the curse would last 28 years - How did she know that?
Was Rumple prepping Cora to be the one to cast the Dark Curse?
Was Regina supposed to fill 'the thing she loved most' role when enacting the curse?

I'm hoping some of these questions will be answered or at least hinted at, so as to be able to form a theory around them.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
Snow White

Postby Snow White » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 pm

FINALLY!!! Original Rumpelstiltskin's story. Yes!
I now from only title what this episode will be about. I just can't wait.
VUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
-There's someone out there for me. Someone I love very much, and I will not lose him-
Skin Deep

Postby Skin Deep » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm

AWESOME. We're finally going to get the original tale of Rumpelstiltskin and the miller's daughter! :o
Rumbelleღ
No Happy Ending

Postby No Happy Ending » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 am

OMG! I cannot wait for this episode! I love Cora and totally can't wait for her backstory. I really hope this episode doesn't disappoint.
"One Upon a Time is a little bit of heaven with a little bit of hell."
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:26 am

Just because Regina is "interesting" and "most popular (female)*" does not mean the show should revolve around her. I would like more about the Charmings, and some other minor things, but it's going to be interesting to see how the show takes on the tale of Rumpelstiltskin since he's been on the show since day one.

Knowing how Rumpel became magical on the show is going to add another layer to this story, over him just being an imp from the original tale. It's going to be really fun watching Rumpel interact with a young Cora knowing that he later comes to fear her. I just hope and pray that Cora isn't made out to be this poor victim like they've done to Regina. If it plays out like it did in the original tale, where Cora's mother wanted her to marry royalty, I'll be happy.

*Just based on observation of the fandom for this show, both Rumpel and Regina come across as the most popular characters on the show. That's why I indicated that Regina was the most popular female for the show.
ihr

Postby ihr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:33 am

Regina and Rumple are the most popular characters, because they are the most well written ones, human, flawed, struggling, complex. They are not one-D villains.
None of the other characters comes even close.

The problem with Charming is that he is written very blandly, the writers didn't do a good job with him. Right now, he is boring and redundant. maybe it will change and we will some depth to him.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Since this looks to be Cora's origin episode (back story episode) I hope we get to see why she is so adamant about gaining power. I hope the writer's use this episode to help us understand her motives without trying to make her sympathetic. More like The Crocodile and less like The Stable Boy, meaning in The Crocodile we got to understand why Hook wants to kill Rumpel (and how he became Hook) but we didn't really sympathise with him (though I think the writer’s tried when they made Hook a man in love) so I want the same to happen in The Miller's Daughter. I want to understand Cora's motivation but I don't really want to feel sorry for her. I love a villain who enjoys being bad and doesn't apologize for it and right now we have that with Cora.

This episode though might have some scenarios that will make Cora a bit sympathetic if there are similarities to the original Rumpelstiltskin story. A young woman basically sold to a king by her father and ordered to do something completely out of her power or she loses her life. Then she marries that king who had threatened her life because she did what he wanted. Then she has to face the possibility of losing her child (the only thing she can really call her own) to a powerful being. I can see why someone in that situation would want to gain power if she’s been powerless for most of her life and forced to comply with other people's wishes (the same way she forces Regina and Henry to do what she wants).

Whatever happens in this episode we know that although Cora made a deal with Rumpelstiltskin she walked away from it 1. Knowing magic and having his magic book of spells. 2. With Regina. We also know that no one breaks a deal with Rumpel without facing consequences so if she did get out of her deal with Rumpel by breaking it (and not by giving him Regina) what did she lose? This episode might answer the question too…is Henry Sr. really Regina’s father?
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm

ihr wrote:Regina and Rumple are the most popular characters, because they are the most well written ones, human, flawed, struggling, complex. They are not one-D villains.
None of the other characters comes even close.

The problem with Charming is that he is written very blandly, the writers didn't do a good job with him. Right now, he is boring and redundant. maybe it will change and we will some depth to him.

That's why I want to see more of him. Regina's "WOE IS ME! IT'S EVERYONE'S FAULT I'M THE WAY I AM" plot is already stale.
And more!
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Actually, I think it's Cora's backstory... but I have no doubt Regina will be a big part of the SB side.

Perhaps the reason Regina has dominated the season so much is that the Charmings have become rather ideal and boring ever since the Curse was broken. There is very little complexity with their characters. Singularly goody two-shoes types have never been interesting to me. At least when the Curse was in effect, they were somewhat more interesting.

That's why I want to see more of him. Regina's "WOE IS ME! IT'S EVERYONE'S FAULT I'M THE WAY I AM" plot is already stale.

I didn't realize that so many fans prefer their characters to be one-dimensionally good or evil. Now that . . . I find rather stale.
Belleflower

Postby Belleflower » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm

I like Regina too, but the writers are sacrificing potential character development and screentime that other characters desperately need all in an effort to make Regina look like a vicitm. Rumpel's only had one character centric episode so far, and Snow and Charming have only one episode too. Regina, on the other hand, has 3 character centric episodes already. Enough writers. I get what you're trying to do with her character, but it's getting tiresome. I'd like to see more of Rumpel, Belle, Snow and Emma. We haven't seen any character development for those characters because the writers have been too concerned with making Regina looks like a victim.
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Dearie

Postby Dearie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Belleflower wrote:I like Regina too, but the writers are sacrificing potential character development and screentime that other characters desperately need all in an effort to make Regina look like a vicitm. Rumpel's only had one character centric episode so far, and Snow and Charming have only one episode too. Regina, on the other hand, has 3 character centric episodes already. Enough writers. I get what you're trying to do with her character, but it's getting tiresome. I'd like to see more of Rumpel, Belle, Snow and Emma. We haven't seen any character development for those characters because the writers have been too concerned with making Regina looks like a victim.

^THIS.

I agree. A lot of the screentime Regina has received this season could have gone to Belle, Ruby, August or any other character that has been ignored this season. She even managed to the steal the spotlight from Dr. Whale during his big episode. The Doctor wasn't even about Dr. Frankenstein, it was about Regina. Again...
"If I were you, I'd let him die. So glad I don't give a damn."
"If any harm comes to Belle while I'm gone, I'm killing all of you."
~ Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin a.k.a. The Beast
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 pm

CTrent29 wrote:
Actually, I think it's Cora's backstory... but I have no doubt Regina will be a big part of the SB side.

Perhaps the reason Regina has dominated the season so much is that the Charmings have become rather ideal and boring ever since the Curse was broken. There is very little complexity with their characters. Singularly goody two-shoes types have never been interesting to me. At least when the Curse was in effect, they were somewhat more interesting.

I didn't realize that so many fans prefer their characters to be one-dimensionally good or evil. Now that . . . I find rather stale.

That's exactly my point. They need to focus on OTHER characters (especially the Charming family) to flesh those characters out so they DON'T look boring. Regina's playing the victim card is getting old.
And more!
ihr

Postby ihr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm

The 'doctor' was about Regina, not Dr. whale.
He is going to get his story in ep. 'In the name of the brother'.
Emma and Rumple are getting a lot of screen time.
Belle, however, is still a plot device for Rumple, let's hope it changers.

I don't understand why this anger about Regina backstory, it makes her more humane and complex. If the flashed out some unpleasant truths about Rumple that some people would like to ignore, so what?.

Return to “Seasons 1-2 Spoilers”