[2x19] Lacey Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for seasons 1-2.
HappyEndings

Re: [2x19] Lacey

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Dearie wrote:Ok, that last script sneak peek between Mr. Gold and Regina was killer. :lol:

I love it when these two go at it like this. :lol:
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am

aeverett wrote:And as I said, a big part of Snow wanted Regina's happiness, even if it cost her the stepmother she was dreaming of, but the selfish part wanted Daniel to just go away. I think that selfish part took control of Snow at a weak moment when Cora was bringing her pain over her mother to the surface. As for Cora's never saying she wanted to talk Regina out of marrying Daniel, remember, Cora didn't know about that. She just knew something was up. I think Snow was too innocent to conceive of murder being real. I think in her mind the worst any mother could do was scold or shout loudly, so in wanting Cora's help, she assumed Cora would only use words. She told Cora in hopes Cora would talk Regina out of leaving Snow. It was Snow's idea based on the innocence she thought all mothers possessed. To me (and probably to Regina) this is why Snow is so accepting of Daniel's 'running away'. She never wanted to give Regina up and was only doing so in order to make Regina happy. Now she didn't have to make any sacrefices and it's all thanks to Cora. That's why she was so pleased to have BOTH of them at the palace with her.

This is not to say Snow was evil, but that her motives were selfish. She was in an impossible situation with her mother's death and her father's grief and she just wanted it to stop.

And yet, we saw not even a hint of that "selfish motivation" in the scene between Cora and Snow...only Snow wanting Regina to keep her mother because Snow has lost her own. If Cora had even implied that she was going to try to talk Regina out of marrying Daniel, then I might buy it, but she didn't. Snow's selfishness in this scene is purely speculative without any supportive evidence at all.

I'm afraid we must agree to disagree and let this one go... :shrug2:
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."

Return to “Seasons 1-2 Spoilers”