[2x19] Lacey Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for seasons 1-2.
mysticalflute

[2x19] Lacey Spoilers

Postby mysticalflute » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Expected Air Date: 21 April 2013

Synopsis
Spoiler:
HappyEndings wrote:Official Press Release

[Source]

MR. GOLD TRIES TO JOG BELLE'S NOW CURSED MEMORIES, AND EMMA IS TORN
OVER WHETHER SHE WOULD STAY IN OUR WORLD OR GO BACK TO FAIRYTALE
LAND WHEN IT'S REVEALED THAT ANTON'S MAGIC BEANS HAVE BEGUN TO GROW,
ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Jorge Garcia ("Lost") Guest Stars as Anton

"Lacey" - Mr. Gold enlists the aid of David to help him try to jog Belle's now cursed memories and get her to love him again; and when it is revealed that the magic beans Anton (Jorge Garcia, "Lost") and the dwarves have been harvesting have begun to grow and could possibly transport everybody home, Emma is torn over whether she would want to live in fairytale land or stay in our world. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin forces Belle to accompany him on a hunt to kill a thief, whom she had freed in the name of mercy, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, APRIL 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful, Ethan Embry as Greg Mendell, Tom Ellis as thief, Jorge Garcia as Anton, Christie Laing as Marian, Wil Traval as sheriff/Keith, Nicholas Carella as bartender, Ingrid Torrance as severe nurse and Sonequa Martin-Green as Tamara.

"Lacey" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Milan Cheylov.

Video Promos
Spoiler:
mysticalflute wrote:I'm tired of Snow being the target of Regina's overdramatic wrath actually...

Sneak Peak 1.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/once-upon-a-time-rumple-belle-lacey_n_3112353.html?1366319995

HappyEndings wrote:

Ok, you can see the body slam in this video and a gun pointed at Neil at the end :egad:

HappyEndings wrote:

mysticalflute wrote:

HappyEndings wrote:

The Wiz of Oz wrote:

Pics and Other
Spoiler:
Official Promo Pics - Updated regularly

HappyEndings wrote:Image

HappyEndings wrote:Number Three

mysticalflute wrote:https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/324688908728274944/photo/1

GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!!

mysticalflute wrote:
HappyEndings wrote:Here is the abc video on ABC website

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon- ... VD55297373

Check out the ending is that Regina turning into Snow :egad:

What about this idea what if it was Regina who disguises herself as Maid Merian to get magic from Gold :egad:

...The very end where Regina is screaming in pain? No. Regina's getting all 'E.T'ed' by Tamara and Neal.

Tweet from Jane about "Lacey".

https://twitter.com/JaneEspenson/status/324312398502715394

I just saw "Lacey," the new ep of #OUAT that airs on Sunday. Wow. Watch out, Storybrooke!

HappyEndings wrote:Here is the abc video on ABC website

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon- ... VD55297373

Check out the ending is that Regina turning into Snow :egad:

What about this idea what if it was Regina who disguises herself as Maid Merian to get magic from Gold :egad:

mysticalflute wrote:If anyone wants the song in the US promo, here it is:

mysticalflute wrote:Racy Lacey looks a little pissed.

http://instagram.com/p/XV8knbsIgN/

Adam Horowitz @AdamHorowitzLA

Ep. 219 "Lacey" #OnceUponATime #titlespoilers

mysticalflute wrote:Casting news!

A Thief, who is male, 30 years old, brave, honorable and steals magic from Rumpelstiltskin;

and Keith, who is 35, bitter due to a hard life, and likes to chase women.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/once-u ... being.html

Hmmm...

HappyEndings wrote:Another interview with Belle

Spoiler:
Read our interview with Once Upon a Time‘s Emilie de Ravin where she teases Sunday’s episode, talks her new alter-ego Lacey, and whether she’ll be drawn to Rumpelstiltsin.

Once Upon a Time finally returns Sunday night with the episode “Lacey,” which introduces Belle’s new Storybrooke alter-ego and flashes back to show a different chapter of the Rumbelle saga, while also introducing Robin Hood (played by Tom Ellis).

In the following interview, Emilie de Ravin offers us some clues about what we can expect from this new and very changed Belle. Now that she’s Lacey, she’ll have no memory of Rumpelstiltskin – but that doesn’t mean she won’t be attracted to him!
Hypable.com: You finally get an alter ego after all this time! Were you excited when you found out about that?Emilie de Ravin: Yeah, ’cause there was no reason to give her one when she was locked up in a concrete metal cage really, was there? God, Belle must have been so bored. Not even a book! So cruel [laughs].

Tell us about your new character Lacey.Actually, it’s really sad. I mean it’s cool, but it’s sad. Mr. Gold is so desperate, and then Regina pops up and gives her her memory – but it’s obviously not her memory, it’s Lacey, who dresses differently, looks differently… she’s a quote-unquote “scantily clad bar whore” who likes to spend more of her time at [the bar] The Rabbit Hole.

She’s not a loser by any means, she’s just a carefree, fun girl who can look after herself. She likes to play pool, she likes to drink, she dresses a bit provocatively – but not so guys will look at her, just ’cause she feels comfortable like that. She doesn’t care what people think, basically.

She’s got no instinct to leave the town, as opposed to Belle, who’s always been interested in reading about things and going places and experiencing things. Lacey is just pretty happy with her little Rabbit Hole life at the moment.

Does it say anything about Belle that her alternate self is almost the complete opposite of her?Not really, because this personality was made by Regina just to get back at Mr. Gold. Because how is Mr. Gold going to get Lacey to fall in love with him? And he really needs Belle right now, emotionally, and just in general. So this is just out of complete spite, because Regina is saying well, good luck having Lacey fall in love with you. So that’s an interesting conquest now for Mr. Gold [laughs].

Is this Belle/Lacey storyline something that will be wrapped up this season?Yeah, there’ll be resolution to that. That’s a good word, resolution.

What else can you tease about Sunday’s episode?
Well, there’s some cool fairytale land flashbacks. There’s me and Rumpel, and it fills in the gaps between the two fairytale land flashbacks with the two of us, and it shows the first time that she sees an inkling of the fact that he’s not as bad as she thinks he is. And she’s happy about that. It’s the first tiny little speck of her wanting to delve more into his psyche and have him believe that he’s not a Beast, and that she can see that.

We also meet a thief called Robin Hood [Tom Ellis], and he’s a pretty fun character. He appears in fairytale land and throughout the rest of the season, too. Storybrooke’s not the safe place it used to be, we’ve got some people to watch out for! And you know, we don’t know if the town’s existence might be in danger and how that will affect everything. And then there’ll be people deciding if they’re gonna move home to fairytale land.

Will there be an opportunity for them to make that choice?I can’t tell you that! [Laughs.] But at least for Lacey, she’s not involved, she doesn’t care. She’s doing her own thing, and Gold’s trying to get her to love him.

Why do you think Lacey isn’t drawn to Rumpel the way Snow and Charming were drawn to each other?
Well… that Snow and Charming thing took a long time though. This is a short period of time, and it’s different because she has zero memory. Nothing. Whereas they remembered who they were in Storybrooke, and there was something that drew them together, but they didn’t know they were Snow White and Prince Charming.

For me, I’m rejecting this guy who’s just coming in, I have no idea who I am, and he’s bringing me a cup with a chip in it and trying to get me to hypnotize myself with it? Okay. But then there’s the phone call which was so emotional, and it’s really messing with her head, he’s so honest and it’s so sad, you can’t not believe it yet she doesn’t know how to believe it.

And he’s dying, I mean, it’s the one person who even if she’s being scared and frustrated and confused by it all, he’s the only person who’s tried to help her through this whole thing. She starts to see that even more, so when he comes back alive that’s obviously much more of a relief than she probably would have felt if she hadn’t had that time to reflect. Not with a memory, but just what he said to her.

http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/17/once- ... interview/

So will there maybe be a bit of a Gold/Lacey romance developing?See, this girl is not drawn to him because she doesn’t know him, she’s got nothing to be drawn to at that point, and neither does Lacey – unless Lacey was to be, “hey, you’re hot!” The Lacey and Mr. Gold development is like going on a first date, it’s starting all over and that’s interesting because they’ve obviously got nothing in common. Until maybe Lacey lets out that she kinda likes his dark side…

Thanks to Emilie de Ravin for doing this interview with us. It’s definitely given us a lot to think about. Do you think Rumpelstiltskin can bring Belle back by getting close to Lacey? Or will it perhaps be counter-productive for him to have someone around who might be encouraging his dark side rather than holding it back like Belle did?

HappyEndings wrote:Interview: Emilie de Ravin talks Belle going dark on 'Once Upon A Time'

Spoiler:
Interview: Emilie de Ravin talks Belle going dark on 'Once Upon A Time'

As Belle on "Once Upon A Time," Emilie de Ravin captured the smart, bookish but good-hearted essence of the familiar Disney character. Since Belle lost her memory, though, the actress gets to stretch a little. This Sunday we'll get to see more of Belle's new personality (created by Regina) after she leaves the hospital and is free to pursue her own interests. Her first stop isn't a library, either. I spoke to de Ravin about Lacey, why this barfly character isn't bad herself but is drawn to bad boys, and why she never wanted to be a Disney princess as a kid.

So, is Lacey a bad girl?

She's not bad in any respect. She's had a loss of memory since she was shocked, just wiped out, at the town line. But she's been given by Regina a source memory, as Regina did with everyone 28 years ago when she sent them to Storybrooke. She hadn't given Belle one because she was locked away in a mental hospital, so there was no need to. So Regina decides to give me a memory Mr. Gold won't like; she makes Lacey a little racy, nothing like Belle at all, because she doesn't want Mr. Gold to fall in love with her. But now he has to get her to fall in love with him if he wants Belle back.

Tell me a little about Lacey, as we've really only seen her in the hospital.

She's a free spirit, wears what she wants, does what she wants. She's happy-go-lucky, and the bar is her favorite place to go, not the library. She doesn't like books or travel, so she's content as a chick in this little town.

Clearly, she's nothing like Belle, which must be hard for Mr. Gold.

She has no idea who Belle is. Mr. Gold needs me to fall in love with him, though, so he can figure out a way to get me back. If I fall in love with him, true love's kiss or whatever magic he's thinking up will be the way to get Belle back.

Ironically, it seems like the way to Lacey's heart is for Mr. Gold to give in to the impulses Belle always begged him to avoid.

He doesn't realize this at the start. He's sweet, and he's never been a dater in Storybrooke, after all, never went out pursuing women. He and Lacey have no common interests, so it's quite funny in that respect. He doesn't realize that until something happens and he discovers that I like his dark side. He loves Belle because she brings out the good in him, which no one has been able to do, but that we've seen in the flashbacks. She's the only person he can really talk to, and she gives him courage and support, which he really needs right now given all that's going on. But it's difficult when Lacey comes around. In one sense she just likes him how he is, this devilish, cruel man. She likes the bad boy, like a lot of women.

Were you a little girl who loved these Disney heroines growing up?

No, but I'm really happy being one now. Who else gets to dress up in these incredible outfits we have for work? I didn't really watch the Disney cartoons. I sometimes watched the movies, Mary Poppins, Pippi Longstocking; the classic older movies. And some television, Bewitched, for example. I went through a Beatles documentary phase, and I wanted to marry Paul McCartney until my mother explained to me that those movies were from the 60s and he was really a lot older now. I was 9, so it wasn't too hard to accept.

Was there a learning curve for you coming on to the show, given how many fairy tale and literary characters there are? And new ones just keep coming, like Robin Hood.

There are ones I've completely forgotten about, and there's a lot more coming, true. It's pretty cool. I have since watched "Beauty and the Beast," and I'm glad she's a goldie girl, not just book smart, but she can take care of herself. She's a role model, and it's nice to have a few of those.

I know you can't give much away, but what can we expect Sunday?

There's a lot of interaction between Lacey and Mr. Gold, and it's interesting how that develops throughout the show. There's also a lot with everything else that's going on; people trying to decide if they want to stay in Storybrooke, for example, Jorge [Garcia, who plays Tiny the giant] is back, whom I love. Hi, Jorge! There's a lot going on, and some cool stuff happens that fills in some gaps. Oh, and a thief may be involved, too.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/starr-raving/inte ... roJeeI8.99
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Belleflower

Re: [2x19] Lacey

Postby Belleflower » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm

I don't even know what to make of this title. :shock:
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm

I've seen two theories on IMDb.

1) Belle's S.B persona

2) HER - from Greg's cell phone in 2x12.
And more!
Belleflower

Postby Belleflower » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:13 pm

^Hmm, both of those sound plausible. Either way, I'm excited! :D
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Snow White

Postby Snow White » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 pm

I wonder what will this episode be about. Thanks for posting. :heart:
-There's someone out there for me. Someone I love very much, and I will not lose him-
Prof lavas

Postby Prof lavas » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I think Lacey Underall from "Caddyshack" makes her way to town...
ihr

Postby ihr » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:11 pm

A woman's name?
Maybe the mysterious stranger from Greg's phone?
Lovers in the Dark

Postby Lovers in the Dark » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Interesting episode title. I'm not sure who the title is referring to. But here are my theories.

1. The most obvious one: She's the infamous "Her" that we learned about at the end of "In the Name of the Brother." The show is really hyping up the fear the Storybrooke residents have of this new outsider, so maybe "Lacey" plays into this. She might have some sort of Fairytale land connection.

2. Maybe "Lacey" is Belle's Storybrooke persona. Lacey is a French name that means "lace." Most of the names in Storybrooke parallel their Enchanted Forest identities: Mr. Gold = Rumpel spins gold. Mary Margaret = The names she chose when introduing herself to Red. Ashley = representing all the ash Cinderella was forced to sweep up back in Fairytale land. Maybe Belle's Storybrooke name is referring to her fragile state of mind now that she's lost her memory and has reverted back to old mental patient identity. Lacey = fragile.

3. Or maybe "Lacey" is the Storybrooke persona of Alice or Dorothy. It would be cool to see these two infamous female fasirytale heroines and I'd love for her to be connected to the new outsider.
Dearie

Postby Dearie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 am

Lovers in the Dark wrote:Interesting episode title. I'm not sure who the title is referring to. But here are my theories.

1. The most obvious one: She's the infamous "Her" that we learned about at the end of "In the Name of the Brother." The show is really hyping up the fear the Storybrooke residents have of this new outsider, so maybe "Lacey" plays into this. She might have some sort of Fairytale land connection.

2. Maybe "Lacey" is Belle's Storybrooke persona. Lacey is a French name that means "lace." Most of the names in Storybrooke parallel their Enchanted Forest identities: Mr. Gold = Rumpel spins gold. Mary Margaret = The names she chose when introduing herself to Red. Ashley = representing all the ash Cinderella was forced to sweep up back in Fairytale land. Maybe Belle's Storybrooke name is referring to her fragile state of mind now that she's lost her memory and has reverted back to old mental patient identity. Lacey = fragile.

3. Or maybe "Lacey" is the Storybrooke persona of Alice or Dorothy. It would be cool to see these two infamous female fasirytale heroines and I'd love for her to be connected to the new outsider.

Cool theories. I would love to learn more about Belle's Storybrooke persona. But I'd also wouldn't mind if Lacey turned out to be "Her."
"If I were you, I'd let him die. So glad I don't give a damn."
"If any harm comes to Belle while I'm gone, I'm killing all of you."
~ Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin a.k.a. The Beast
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:12 pm

I almost hope its Belle, for some reason I really want to know what her Storybrooke name was, no idea why it just bothers me that we don't know it.
melediv

Postby melediv » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 pm

or, perhaps Lacey is Ariel's SB name
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 am

Checking the etymology of the name reveals little. It could refer to actual lace or:

Recorded in several forms including de Lacey, Lacey, Lacy, Lassy, and Leacy, this is an English surname but of Norman-French pre 10th century origin. Introduced into Britain after the Conquest of 1066, it is locational and derives from the village of "Lassy" in Calvados, France. The place name is from an ancient Gaulish personal name, "Lascius", of uncertain etymology, plus the locational suffix "-acum", denoting place of or settlement.

Lacey @ surnamedb.com

But who knows how reliable that actually is.

Beyond saying it's probably French... :shrug2:

If it's a SB name for Belle, I have to say it doesn't suit her.
Spoiler:
Also a fan of Grimm. Find me here under this profile:
grimmforum.com
Like fics? I've got some:
TheWormThatTurns @ fanfiction.net

Most_Desperate_Hour

Postby Most_Desperate_Hour » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

Lacey as Belle's Storybrooke name? I could buy that. But I have a feeling Lacey will turn out to be Greg's girlfriend.
"It's the most wonderful and amazing thing in the world. Love is hope. It fills our dreams. And if you're in it, you need to enjoy it because love doesn't always last forever. Now, go find your love. Find your hope. Find your dreams" ~ Belle
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Casting news!

A Thief, who is male, 30 years old, brave, honorable and steals magic from Rumpelstiltskin;

and Keith, who is 35, bitter due to a hard life, and likes to chase women.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/once-u ... being.html

Hmmm...
And more!
Skin Deep

Postby Skin Deep » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Thank you for posting! :D

I'm thinking either Aladdin or Robin Hood.
Rumbelleღ
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 pm

It could be a location like Tallahassee, Manhattan and now Lacey

Lacey, Washington
Lacey Township, New Jersey
Lacey Park, Pennsylvania (though this is a community/populated area not a city)
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:19 pm

And more!
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Here are some results of the search term - Robin Hood Lacey

From the show Robin Hood: Joe Lacey works as a castle guard in Nottingham Castle. He was married to a woman called Ruth who was dying. The Sheriff sent the tax collector Joderic and he put them out because they hadn't paid their taxes and Ruth died on the street. Joe wants revenge and kills Joderic and tries to kill the Sheriff. He accidently kills Matthew, a boy from Nettlestone, when the sheriff moves. He later tries again to kill the sheriff and gets shot in the arm by Robin and Marian. It turns out he hasn't shot the sheriff but the sheriff's deputy and lookalike. Joe is killed by Guy of Gisborne on the sheriff's orders.

Robin Hood Foundation - Lacey, NJ Patch

American singer Phil Harris sang as characters from various animated Disney movies including

The Aristocats features Harris as alley cat Abraham de Lacey Giuseppe Casey Thomas O'Malley, who joins in the film's showstopper, "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat," with Scatman Crothers. In Robin Hood, Harris's Little John sings the popular anti-Prince John tune "The Phony King of England."

None of these sound very likely as possible clues :P except maybe the second one. I read that Neal's wanted poster said that he was from New Jersey. Can anyone confirm this?
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Robin hood and little john are the two new characters and maybe Lacey is maid Marian. Just a thought.
Or one is Aladdin and the other is Jafar and Lacey is Jasmine
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
melediv

Postby melediv » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Hmm, I could see Alladin being also a Robin Hood

Return to “Seasons 1-2 Spoilers”