[2x20] The Evil Queen Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for seasons 1-2.
Jennie

Re: [2x20] The Evil Queen

Postby Jennie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:47 pm

aeverett wrote:
Sandy wrote:Looks like mass murder runs in the family.

Maybe not. It just occured to me that Regina says it will be as if the curse never happened. What if she means that it resets time. Emma goes back to being an infant, etc. If this is the case, then yes, everyone dies in the same way August 'died' in 'Selfless, Brave, and True'. However, not understanding, Henry just assumes she means natural death. It would make perfect sense. Snow White and Charming had let Regina go after Rumple protected them in 'The Cricket Game', so her suddenly having an 11 year old son named Henry wouldn't mean anything to the Charmings other than Regina adopted, even if word got back of his existance. If someone did have memories they might not be believed. After all, how can their neonate have a son over a decade older than herself? None of the 'heroes' would ever go after Henry and since nobody but Rumple visits Regina, who's going to tell them?

If that's really what she meant, then why would she say "they die" instead of "they won't remember"?

I have to agree with HappyEndings, even though I have not "seen the ep already". There is nothing in this scene to make us think she didn't actually mean everyone literally dies. If she did, she would have surely said as much to Henry so he wouldn't have been freaking out and saying he was going to stop her.

Regina's idea of a happy ending is not the same as Henry's.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 pm

@HappyEndings

Thanks for the commentary!

@Aeverett

I was actually referring to the sneak peek with the FTL flashback when The Evil Queen ordered for all of the villagers to be killed. Both her and Rumpel were a lot darker in their early days of villainy.

In the sneak peek you are referring to though I do honestly believe Regina meant die in the literal sense. It makes no sense for her to use that word when being more honest and saying "they won't remember" would have been an easier situation to accept (not that Henry would accept this either but you know what I mean.)
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:56 am

Jennie wrote:I have to agree with HappyEndings, even though I have not "seen the ep already". There is nothing in this scene to make us think she didn't actually mean everyone literally dies. If she did, she would have surely said as much to Henry so he wouldn't have been freaking out and saying he was going to stop her.

Regina's idea of a happy ending is not the same as Henry's.

While I agree Henry's idea of a happy ending is different than Regina's, I'm not sure we can take this scene at face value. Regina HAD to know Henry wouldn't accept her proposal to kill all of Storybrooke as a good thing. Even knowing she could wipe his memory doesn't explain her putting herself through the disappointment he'd demonstrate when she told him the whole of it. No, there has to be another view or this scene has to the the WORST writing in TV history.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:04 pm

aeverett wrote:While I agree Henry's idea of a happy ending is different than Regina's, I'm not sure we can take this scene at face value. Regina HAD to know Henry wouldn't accept her proposal to kill all of Storybrooke as a good thing. Even knowing she could wipe his memory doesn't explain her putting herself through the disappointment he'd demonstrate when she told him the whole of it. No, there has to be another view or this scene has to the the WORST writing in TV history.

Maybe so...maybe it's Henry's nightmare, since we saw Gold's last week.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
*RegalDearie*

Postby *RegalDearie* » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 am

Awesome sneak peeks! This episode looks great. :D But I gotta say, Regina is scaring me a little bit. Hopefully, she'll be able to resolve some of her issues in this week's episode.
"You're a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me." - Mr. Gold
"How could I blame the one I love most? The only one to stand by me, to the end." - Regina
Justcurious

Postby Justcurious » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:25 am

aeverett wrote:While I agree Henry's idea of a happy ending is different than Regina's, I'm not sure we can take this scene at face value. Regina HAD to know Henry wouldn't accept her proposal to kill all of Storybrooke as a good thing. Even knowing she could wipe his memory doesn't explain her putting herself through the disappointment he'd demonstrate when she told him the whole of it. No, there has to be another view or this scene has to the the WORST writing in TV history.

Agreed, either there's more to it (hopefully) or the writers are really making Regina that simple minded/stupid.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:27 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:21 pm

At least Hook knows that after your revenge is complete there is nothing.

Thanks for all the script teases!
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:44 pm

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Lana will be live tweeting the West Coast viewing of tonight's The Evil Queen :egad:
Ethan Embry (Greg) will also be live tweeting
Tripping6593

Postby Tripping6593 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:36 am

Do we know the girl who played in 2x20 as Regina when rumple changed her into the peasant girl?
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Tripping6593 wrote:Do we know the girl who played in 2x20 as Regina when rumple changed her into the peasant girl?

That was Lana
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 am

Lana? They totally changed her nose then... :shrug2:

By the way, since this topic is up, I was reminded that in timeline the time that Regina transitioned for the worse, into the Evil Queen, was around the time that Robin tried to steal the wand from Rumple.
Only saying this because Outlaw Queen is rolling.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:20 am

It wasn't Lana, according to the wiki her name is Jennifer Juniper Angeli: http://onceuponatimeabc.wikia.com/wiki/ ... per_Angeli
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then

Return to “Seasons 1-2 Spoilers”