[2x06] Tallahassee

Once Upon a Time spoilers for seasons 1-2.
mysticalflute

Re: [2x06] Tallahassee

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 am

Danielsgrl03 wrote:Oh my goodness, maybe what was in the box was the picture of Rumple's dagger!!!

Problem. How the HELL would August know what that looked like without Bae telling him BEFOREHAND. And I'm sure Neal would recognize August.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
JohnStranger

Postby JohnStranger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 am

mysticalflute wrote:
Danielsgrl03 wrote:Oh my goodness, maybe what was in the box was the picture of Rumple's dagger!!!

Problem. How the HELL would August know what that looked like without Bae telling him BEFOREHAND. And I'm sure Neal would recognize August.

Well true, maybe it was just a childish drawing from Rump with Hook's hand, or a Gremlin, or just a toast with a Rump on it.
We don't know, but something really important must had been in that box...
Cause if he's not Baelfire it had to be something really awesome and magical to make a "normal man" believe in Magic...
And I don't remember August bringing something magical from FTL ...

'Cause... honestly, if a guy ran after me across narrow streets to a Alley and asked me "do you believe in magic?" ... I wouldn't wait to see what was in his box... :x

That's why it's possible that he's Baelfire, cause he had once been in the FTL so something speaking about magic might not sound so much like someone that's about to drug you and take of your organs...

(trying hard not to make a "dick in the box" joke...)
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 am

mysticalflute wrote:

August had a drawing of the dagger in his room at Granny's. Also, August did live in FTL for 7 years before coming to our land. It seemed like everyone knew about Rumple and his whole story by the time the wardrobe was created. So why couldn't he already know what the dagger looks like? Why would Neal recognize August? They had never met before, not even in FTL. But if you were shown a picture of the very thing you had been running from when you got spit out into this world, you can bet your rear end that all those bad memories you were suppressing would come flooding back. He looked very distraught.

As for him just being a normal man, maybe it was a pic of another woman (like maybe one he had married and left before). Didn't Emma say something about having been with a married man? She did become a bailbonds person. Chances are, she did it just to find Neal again. I bet she found him and thought he was married. Who knows.

But I don't see why none of it would be impossible.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 am

Danielsgrl03 wrote:
mysticalflute wrote:

August had a drawing of the dagger in his room at Granny's. Also, August did live in FTL for 7 years before coming to our land. It seemed like everyone knew about Rumple and his whole story by the time the wardrobe was created. So why couldn't he already know what the dagger looks like? Why would Neal recognize August? They had never met before, not even in FTL. But if you were shown a picture of the very thing you had been running from when you got spit out into this world, you can bet your rear end that all those bad memories you were suppressing would come flooding back. He looked very distraught.

As for him just being a normal man, maybe it was a pic of another woman (like maybe one he had married and left before). Didn't Emma say something about having been with a married man? She did become a bailbonds person. Chances are, she did it just to find Neal again. I bet she found him and thought he was married. Who knows.

I don't think anyone but Belle, Regina, and the Blue Fairy knew about Bae. I doubt very much Rumpel would run around telling everyone that he lost his son.

Yes, Bae might possibly be in our world, and that might be how August knew what the dagger looked like, but Neal would have recognized him if HE was the one to give August the drawing.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 am

mysticalflute wrote:
Danielsgrl03 wrote:

I don't think anyone but Belle, Regina, and the Blue Fairy knew about Bae. I doubt very much Rumpel would run around telling everyone that he lost his son.

Yes, Bae might possibly be in our world, and that might be how August knew what the dagger looked like, but Neal would have recognized him if HE was the one to give August the drawing.

Um...actually several people knew about what happened to Bae. Smee said in "The Crocodile" that he heard whispers that he was looking for a magic bean and went through a bunch of trouble to arrange the meeting with rumple. Actually he repeats the entire story of what happened to Bae to Rumple. Then Rumple threatened his life if he didn't shut up. So, yeah a bunch of people knew.
JohnStranger

Postby JohnStranger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 am

Danielsgrl03 wrote:

ohh, yeah
I think what's hard to imagine is that just a reaction would come from a drawing... and why would it be in the box, and why wouldnt he just show the paper to Neil?
btw, any idea why August after waking up just disappeared ? well, certainly he was the one to sent the postcard ... maybe had to be sent from a post office from a nearby town...
Since he and Emma could go in and out of town before... does this mean they still can right?
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 am

JohnStranger wrote:
Danielsgrl03 wrote:

ohh, yeah
I think what's hard to imagine is that just a reaction would come from a drawing... and why would it be in the box, and why wouldnt he just show the paper to Neil?
btw, any idea why August after waking up just disappeared ? well, certainly he was the one to sent the postcard ... maybe had to be sent from a post office from a nearby town...
Since he and Emma could go in and out of town before... does this mean they still can right?

Well, he sent it by carrier pigeon. So it seems as if the birds can leave SB. Who's to say that multiple people (like the blue fairy) haven't been communicating with August through carrier pigeon. That would potentially be another way that August knew what the dagger looked like. I'm pretty sure that the Blue fairy knows much more then she's letting on.
JohnStranger

Postby JohnStranger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 am

Danielsgrl03 wrote:Well, he sent it by carrier pigeon. So it seems as if the birds can leave SB. Who's to say that multiple people (like the blue fairy) haven't been communicating with August through carrier pigeon. That would potentially be another way that August knew what the dagger looked like. I'm pretty sure that the Blue fairy knows much more then she's letting on.

but... about the blue fairy... sure she knows a lot, but she too was under the curse, don't think she would me sending pigeons in those holy days for her =x
arh

Postby arh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 am

mysticalflute wrote:

In season 1 when Rumpel confronts August asking him how he became aware of the dagger and its magical abilities August revealed he was told by "a little fairy." Earlier in that episode he was seen talking to Mother Superior/Blue Fairy who had a tense conversation with Rumpel when he began prodding her for information about August. The implication is that Mother Superior/Blue Fairy revealed Rumpels history to August. We shall see...
arh

Postby arh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:23 am

August made an interesting comment last night when he was talking to Neal. He told him she has a destiny and you just got caught in the crossfire. The term crossfire really stood out to me. A nod to Baelfire? Any other FT characters/stories you can think of?
JohnStranger

Postby JohnStranger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 am

arh wrote:August made an interesting comment last night when he was talking to Neal. He told him she has a destiny and you just got caught in the crossfire. The term crossfire really stood out to me. A nod to Baelfire? Any other FT characters/stories you can think of?

Nice observation
fairytaleprincess

Postby fairytaleprincess » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 pm

I still don't know how August had found out that Neal is Baelfire. :/
Any suggestions?
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 pm

fairytaleprincess wrote:I still don't know how August had found out that Neal is Baelfire. :/
Any suggestions?

It was Merlin's Apprentice
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
fairytaleprincess

Postby fairytaleprincess » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Oh really?
How do you know this? :)
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Check season 4
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
fairytaleprincess

Postby fairytaleprincess » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:10 am

Just found the note thanks and the advice

At some point, the Apprentice meets August in Phuket, Thailand and persuades him to learn more about the Storybook.

that explains the reason why he know about the book and i think the story about rumplestilskin is inside but Phuket and the Time were he confronts Neal ... the conversation between them seems to be on an earlier date

Return to “Seasons 1-2 Spoilers”