Alice's Timeline vs. Storybrooke timeline

Discuss OUAT's spin off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
rumpled

Alice's Timeline vs. Storybrooke timeline

Postby rumpled » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:19 am

so i ended up watching the series and i actually quite enjoyed it. one very big question though:

the rabbit takes alice & cyrus to visit the knave's place in (what i assume is) present day storybrooke. alice is obviously quite confused by the cars and modern electricity as she is from 19th century england. the only thing is her timeline is obviously running parallel with that of storybrooke's and the curse. one would assume she is from the same land without magic as storybrooke & emma but from 150 years previously (like bael with wendy and her brothers). and even if it was storybrooke just after the curse was enacted (the 1980s) she's still traveled 110 years into the future. we know they didn't time travel bc first of all that's nearly impossible to do even in OUAT and secondly bc the knave, cora, anastasia are from the same timeline as storybrooke, being from the enchanted forest originally.

so is alice's home an alternate land like ours without magic, different from the storybrooke's LWM? does wonderland somehow open up a dimension/time travel portal to travel to 19th century england? is it a major oversight and plothole?

HOW IS ALICE'S LWM HOME NOT THE SAME AS PRESENT DAY STORYBROOKE'S?
The Wiz of Oz

Re: Alice's Timeline vs. Storybrooke timeline

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:49 am

Alice lives n a different land set in the 19th century but timeline is current with Storybrooke (our world). Wendy is also from a different land set in the early 20th century
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
rumpled

Postby rumpled » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:39 pm

The Wiz of Oz wrote:Wendy is also from a different land set in the early 20th century

she can't be, her brothers were kept alive and came to storybrooke. they're from the same land as stroybrooke.
misy

Postby misy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:31 pm

rumpled wrote:
The Wiz of Oz wrote:
Wendy is also from a different land set in the early 20th century

she can't be, her brothers were kept alive and came to storybrooke. they're from the same land as stroybrooke.

No she's not. A&E confirmed Wendy is from fictional Victorian England.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:02 pm

rumpled wrote:
The Wiz of Oz wrote:Wendy is also from a different land set in the early 20th century

kept alive on NEVERLAND.
Its impossible since they are also Story Book characters and cant have existed in our world aka Storybrooke aka the land without magic
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:50 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
rumpled wrote:

kept alive on NEVERLAND.
Its impossible since they are also Story Book characters and cant have existed in our world aka Storybrooke aka the land without magic

Why were John and Michael able to age in our world?
misy

Postby misy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Same reason Neal did.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
rumpled

Postby rumpled » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:55 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
rumpled wrote:

kept alive on NEVERLAND.

ah. it makes sense now.
SarahElisa

Postby SarahElisa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:52 pm

I think, now this is to my understanding, that Alice's short trip to Storybrooke with Cyrus and the White Rabbit was during the 28 years of being in the curse OR during the present Storybrooke that was during season 4 when Will appears in Storybrooke as a thief still. Because as those of us who have seen OUAT in Wonderland know (**SPOILER to follow to those of us who have not seen**) Will and Anastasia live in Wonderland and reign as White King and Queen and live happily ever after. So that is my guess... but then again, I am still somewhat confused as well. Leave it to OUAT to confuse you about timelines and stuff. Ha ha! :lol:
rumpled

Postby rumpled » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:38 pm

SarahElisa wrote:I think, now this is to my understanding, that Alice's short trip to Storybrooke with Cyrus and the White Rabbit was during the 28 years of being in the curse OR during the present Storybrooke that was during season 4 when Will appears in Storybrooke as a thief still. Because as those of us who have seen OUAT in Wonderland know (**SPOILER to follow to those of us who have not seen**) Will and Anastasia live in Wonderland and reign as White King and Queen and live happily ever after. So that is my guess... but then again, I am still somewhat confused as well. Leave it to OUAT to confuse you about timelines and stuff. Ha ha! :lol:

yess season 4 confused me so much with will being in it but someone pointed out it's probably during the time before he returned to wonderland.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:29 pm

It's nothing confusing about it. The creators went of record and said Wonderland present events were concurrent with season 2 starting with the day the Wraith attacked the town. The white rabbit went to get Will right b4 the attack happen.
Will being in town in season 4 take place after he and Ana went back to wonderland after Alice and Cyrus wedding. But with the Flash forward at the ve4y end of Wonderland finale it showed some years down the line Will and Ana will become the white king and queen of Wonderland according to the book Alice read to her daughter
rumpled

Postby rumpled » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:13 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:It's nothing confusing about it. The creators went of record and said Wonderland present events were concurrent with season 2 starting with the day the Wraith attacked the town. The white rabbit went to get Will right b4 the attack happen.
Will being in town in season 4 take place after he and Ana went back to wonderland after Alice and Cyrus wedding. But with the Flash forward at the ve4y end of Wonderland finale it showed some years down the line Will and Ana will become the white king and queen of Wonderland according to the book Alice read to her daughter

well now i AM more confused than ever. why is he back in storybrooke again? why is he dating belle?! he got back with anastasia in the end of wonderland!
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:46 pm

They broke up again. Like normal couples. And the creators said Belle was on the rebound which is normal to jump into something so quit after a recent break up.
In reality ppl break and get back together all tine. People het someone else but dont really commit to thay person (rebound)

Now why Will and Ana broke again? We dont know yet.
Again nothing confusing

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”