Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Discuss OUAT's spin off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
The Wiz of Oz

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (OUAT SPINOFF)

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:57 am

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/03/once-upon-a-time-spinoff-to-be-based-around-alice-in-wonderland/

Once Upon a Time Spinoff to Be Based Around Alice in Wonderland?

The plan for a Once Upon a Time spinoff based around the Mad Hatter may be dead, but creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are not giving up hope of expanding their series.According to Deadline, the producers are bringing in Zack Estrin (Prison Break) and OUAT consultant Jane Espenson to pen a series that would be set in Wonderland (where viewers have been) and based around Alice (who viewers are yet to meet).The spinoff would reportedly take place in a post-curse universe and feature flashbacks that provide potential for former Wonderland players, such as Cora, to appear.How serious are these plans?Production is set to begin next month in Vancouver, following the shooting of Once Upon a Time Season 2.The spinoff would be comprised of multiple 13-episode arcs, following the model of FX's American Horror Story, and may air in between the fall and spring.
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Sandy

Re: New information OUAT spinoff Wonderland

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:51 pm

If they air them during OUAT breaks then I would be more interested. It would give us something related to watch when there is no OUAT. The only thing I am concerned about is that the writing for season 2 of Once has been inconsistent and the storyline not as solid as season 1 so if the creators and writers are going to be dividing their time between two series it might negatively affect the writing for season 3 of OUAT even more.
Love, like a delicate flame and once it's gone, it's gone forever. - Mr. Gold
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Casting

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/03/once-upon-time-spin-off-casting-news_28.html?m=1

The Alice in Wonderland-themed entry has enlisted Michael Socha as the Knave of Hearts, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.The Knave is described as a sardonic adventurer, a man of action, loner and heart-breaker -- the proverbial rolling stone. His swagger isn't quite enough to disguise the fact that he is unswervingly loyal and possessed of a strong moral code.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/michael-socha-cast-in-once-upon-a-time-spinoff/

British actor Michael Socha has landed one of the three leads in ABC‘s Once Upon A Time spinoff presentation. The project, from Once Upon A Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, takes place in pre-curse Wonderland. The story is told through the point of view of Alice, who is surrounded by two major characters, The Knave of Hearts (Socha), a sardonic adventurer, a man of action, a loner and a heart-breaker; and Amahl, described as exotic, soulful and optimistic. Kitsis and Horowitz are writing the 15-20-page, four-scene presentation with input from Zack Estrin and Jane Espenson. Production is slated to begin April 7 in Vancouver, immediately following the season wrap of Once there. If the project goes to series, Estrin is expected to run it with Kitsis and Horowitz, while Espenson, who has been a key member of Once’s writing staff since after the pilot, will likely return to the flagship drama, which Kitsis and Horowitz will continue to run. Socha, repped by KLWGN and UK’s Ken McReddie Associates, just wrapped his starring role on BBC’s Being Human and recently starred in Twenty8K and Spike Island.
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ihr

Postby ihr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 pm

I'd love to see Barbara Hershey as the Queen of hearts.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:45 am

even more information and we have an Alice and a Title:

http://www.onceuponatimefans.co.uk/apps/blog/show/25154315-once-wonderland-unveiled-

In addition to the casting announcement of Michael Socha (See Article Here), EW has confirmed that actress Sophie Lowe (Road Kill) has landed the role of Alice in the spin-off project, now titled Once: Wonderland.

She is joined by Peter Gadiot, an actor with only a few credits to his name, who plays Alice’s mysterious love interest, Cyrus.

Kitsis acknowledged that should their test footage inspire the desire for a full pilot and/or series, it would be step in a different direction. “The idea is not a spin-off in the traditional sense — another five-year, 22-episode series,” Kitsis said. “It’s much more in the vein of an American Horror Story, with a beginning, middle, and end.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-spinoff-wonderland-alice-431653

ABC's Once Upon a Time pilot presentation -- now called Once: Wonderland -- has cast its Alice.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

English-born Australian actress Sophie Lowe has landed the Alice in Wonderland role in the network's Alice in Wonderland-themed spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Additionally, relative newcomer Peter Gadiot has been cast as Alice's mysterious love interest, Cyrus, in the project from Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.
The duo joins Michael Socha, who was cast earlier Thursday as the Knave of Hearts. STORY: ABC Eyeing Potential 'Once Upon a Time' Spinoff

The Once team -- including EPs Jane Espenson, Zero Hour's Zack Estrin and Steve Pearlman -- will shoot a short "teaser" presentation in April and, should it move to pilot, shoot that in late July or August.

Lowe's Alice is described as young but having lived a hard and long life and carrying those scars on her psyche. Underneath it all, she has a generous heart that she tries to keep hidden. Gadiot's Cyrus, meanwhile, will play Alice's love interest with a background shrouded in mystery. Still to be cast are the mysterious Amahl and the White Rabbit, which will likely be animated with voiceover.

Lowe's credits include the Australian drama The Slap and episodes of Satisfaction, as well as features Two Mothers, The Philosophers and Blame. She's repped by CAA and Shanahan Management.

Gadiot's credits include an episode of My Spy Family and features Night Wolf and The Forbidden Girl. He's repped by Jonathan Arun and Industry Entertainment
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

Re: ONCE: WONDERLAND (OUAT SPINOFF)

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 am

“The idea is not a spin-off in the traditional sense — another five-year, 22-episode series,” Kitsis said.

Hm...
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
The Wiz of Oz

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (OUAT SPINOFF)

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Another name change and the Red Queen has been casted.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/once-upon-time-spinoff-casts-its-red.html

British actress Emma Rigby (Hollyoaks) has joined ABC’s Once Upon A Time spinoff, which is now titled Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (previously Once: Wonderland). The presentation, from Once Upon A Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, is set in pre-curse Wonderland. The story is told through the point of view of Alice (Sophie Lowe) who has a generous heart but carries the scars of a long hard life. She is joined by Cyrus (Peter Gadiot), Alice’s love interest, and the Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha), a sardonic adventurer. Rigby will play the Red Queen, a character based on the playing card that originated in the novel Through The Looking Glass by Alice In Wonderland author Lewis Carroll. In the book, the Red Queen aka Iracebeth, has a short temper and is merciless against her enemies and those who have betrayed her.
Sandy

Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (OUAT SPINOFF)

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

I don't like either name :/
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Cora might play the Red Queen again if the show takes off

Once Upon A Time’ Spin-Off Scoop: Queen of Hearts Cora May Reign Alongside Red Queen
http://tvline.com/

I never did get into Wonderland and this doesn't look like a very good show to me anyway.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 pm

HappyEndings wrote:Cora might play the Red Queen again if the show takes off

Once Upon A Time’ Spin-Off Scoop: Queen of Hearts Cora May Reign Alongside Red Queen
http://tvline.com/

I never did get into Wonderland and this doesn't look like a very good show to me anyway.

U mean the queen of hearts
Emma Rigby  is casted as the red queen
ihr

Postby ihr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Barbara Hershey would be my only reason to watch that show.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm

We haven't really been given a premise yet so I can't really give a proper opinion on it yet. It the pilot takes off I will give the show a shot since it will be playing when Once is on hiatus and I'll be looking for something to watch.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm

I don't understand what this is supposed to be...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
ihr

Postby ihr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm

When is this pilot suppose to air?
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 pm

From my understanding the show is going to be shaped like American Horror Story. It might b about 12 episodes with a beginning, middle, and end (the last episode ending the Wonderland series). I think they plan on will resetting each season with a new world. like Wonderland now and maybe another season Oz or Atlantis or Camelot. The characters will exist in the OUAT universe. The story will center around Alice. We will get a look at pre-cursed Wonderland and post Wonderland.

Since it looks like Barbara Hershey might be reprising her role as Cora, I hope we see who she sent to kidnap Henry (her husband/Regina's father). I'm thinking the white rabbit.

There is also the chance of seeing Jack again since she kind of implied she been to Wonderland.

If somehow they can get Sebastian Stan on one or two episodes as Jefferson maybe we can find out his reasons for hating Wonderland before Regina left him there and maybe find out If Alice is his wife or not.

I can see a lot of questions we currently have being answered with this spinoff.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Pee Wee Herman will be the white rabbit

http://m.deadline.com/2013/04/paul-reubens-to-voice-the-white-rabbit-in-abcs-wonderland-themed-once-spinoff/

EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: One of Alice In Wonderland‘s signature characters, The White Rabbit, is hopping to ABC’s Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, and it will be voiced by Paul Reubens. Reubens, best known for his alter ego of Pee-Wee Herman, has joined the cast of the Once Upon A Time spinoff presentation, which will be directed by frequent Once director Ralph Hemecker. The project, from Once Upon A Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, is set in pre-curse Wonderland. The story is told through the point of view of Alice (Sophie Lowe) who has a generous heart but carries the scars of a long hard life. She is joined by Cyrus (Peter Gadiot), Alice’s love interest, and the Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha), a sardonic adventurer. The White Rabbit will be a CG character voiced by Reubens. Michael Sheen provided the voice for the White Rabbit in the 2010 Tim Burton movie. Also co-starring in the ABC presentation is Emma Rigby as the Red Queen. If the project goes to series, Barbara Hershey’s Cora, who played Wonderland’s Queen Of Hearts on Once, could appear in flashbacks. Also likely to be on the spinoff if it is picked up to series are the characters of Mad Hatter (played by Sebastian Stan on Once) and Cheshire Cat. The choice of Hemecker as director is not surprising as he helmed the two Once episodes that prominently featured Wonderland, last season’s Hat Trick and this season’sQueen of Heart, which introduced Cora as the Queen. Hemecker has directed a total of 7 Once episodes, including the second season premiere. The four-scene Once Upon A Time In Wonderland presentation is slated to begin filming later this week in Vancouver, immediately following the wrap of Once‘s Season 2 there. Once EPs Kitsis, Horowitzand Steve Pearlman executive produce, with Zack Estrin andOnce consulting producer Jane Espenson also involved.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 pm

CG White Rabbit hmm? Not sure how I feel about that. I hope it's some good CG.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 pm

PSP: Rumpelstiltskin once said: “A specific annoying little world. Useless to me, but, perfect for your purposes.” – to Regina. Many Oncers have already been asking us this: Is Rumpelstiltskin going to ever be involved in the Once Upon A Time spin-off, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland?
Carlyle: From what I understand there is a possibility of a crossover of characters from OUAT to Once Wonderland. Whether it’s practical time wise is another issue. Our shooting schedules can be so intense I think it would be difficult to do both. Talking of Wonderland I would like to give a warm welcome to Michael Socha. A terrific young actor and a really lovely guy. I had the pleasure of working with him a few years ago on a film called ‘Summer‘. There was a scene I remember where I find him lying on the ground covered in vomit. I then had to pick him up and carry him a long way out of shot. 6 times. Nearly broke my back. Well done Michael!

Source
Last edited by Sandy on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat May 11, 2013 1:24 am

YAY. I'm EXCITED!!!!

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”