Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Discuss OUAT's spin off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
Heidirs

Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (OUAT SPINOFF)

Postby Heidirs » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:11 pm

That's very sad. I do think the story is picking up and that it will get more interesting within the next few episodes. I'm going to have to remember to tune in when it airs instead of watching it on ABC online after the fact.
Greyes

Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Postby Greyes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 pm

I just started watching the series last night and I must say I really enjoyed the fact that it showed Storybrooke, it made me feel I don't know sentimental I guess, that it was o0oh yea that's co0ol that they connected the two. I don't know maybe it was just me? Other than that I agree with everyone that the Red Queen isn't that great, yes her ducky face is a little over the top, however she has this defenseless lamb act working and it makes it seem just a little bit threatening that she is calm and easy going. I think she is going to get better. I almost like that she isn't commanding and just screaming all the time.

Another thing I wanted to point out I'm pleasantly amused over the Knave and Alice's banter, it just it works. Also, Oh Cyrus and Alice are just so0o sweEet! You know that meme that has a picture of Carl and Ellie from UP and Bella and Edward from Twilight and it says UP was able to make a better love story in 15 minutes than Twilight with three movies? Well just the proposal of Cyrus to Alice was just endearing! I loved how she said yes before he was able to say anything it just was kinda like that classic Disney moment that makes you feel all warm and gooey inside!
Greyes

Postby Greyes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Peace Man wrote:Hi Pied Piper, and welcome. :) He certainly has that look, doesn't he?? I think i remember him from Alcatraz. It's cool how these people who do these shows seem to hire a lot of the same people. Wonder if Kate will show up?

THANK YOU!!! I could not figure out what he was from!!!!
Greyes

Postby Greyes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Keith David was the voice of the Cheshire Cat
misy

Postby misy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:26 am

Love "Sayid" as Jafar. Love the Stephen King nods - the turtle (IT, Dark Tower) and the topiary lion (The Shining).
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:28 am

Spoiler:
absolutely amazing that the knave is:
will scarlet AND the ex-lover of anastasia, who we now know as red queen.

great to see a little robin hood back story and his connection to the knave
and also learn that malificent's mirror is a portal.
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
misy

Postby misy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:16 am

Have to wonder - why didn't Alice just follow the oragami bird to find Cyrus?
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:12 am

misy wrote:Have to wonder - why didn't Alice just follow the oragami bird to find Cyrus?

Origami birds travel through the origami alternate universe to get directions and go where they're going. Only creatures that can be folded up like a piece of paper can survive there :D
I think Anastasia is the one who took Will's heart. She did it because she was afraid of losing him. It didn't work.
Loved the reference to the Sarlac from Star Wars. They even pointed out Alice would be digested for a thousand years.
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 pm

I was pretty amused by the introduction of Silvermist in the second episode. It never occurred to me that they might use the fairies in the Tinker Bell movies. But I like it.
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Caroline wrote:
Mr. Silver wrote:Is it still pouting if surgery makes that look your default face?

Good question, but I fear is one we must left to the philosophers for I do not have the answer:

When a lip is always pouting, is pouting really pouting? :lol:

This episode was better just because her red majesty wasn't so much in it, I'm enjoying the show so far but I'd like to see Alice face to face with Jafar and the Red Queen soon or else I'll feel like they are just going from one place to another.

On the note of seeing her outside of the Red Queen role/not pouting all the time (see: episode 3), when she properly smiles it actually doesn't look anywhere near as ridiculous as I thought it might.
Mr. Silver, almost as good as Mr. Gold!
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.
yellowjillybean

Postby yellowjillybean » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm

I can't stand the Red Queen. She just doesn't seem to have a purpose in the show. I do hope they bring Cora into the series soon so there is actually a believable villain. Jafar's alright, but needs a stronger counterpart than the Red Queen.
Prince Ali

Postby Prince Ali » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I actually really enjoy the Red Queen. She's different from Regina and Cora and I don't believe it's fair to compare the two. The original Red Queen from Through the Looking Glass was meant to be passionate, but cold and calm, formal and strict, the concentrated essence of all governesses (I'm paraphrasing Lewis Carroll here). She actually rules like a queen, dealing with the bureaucracy of the job and all the similar things that it entails.

And I'm really intrigued by her character; what made the happy and sweet Anastasia turn into someone so cold, only interested in power? (We didn't have a good feel for who Regina was for a while either (read, sympathy for her), and a lot of what we did get was from the differences between the Evil Queen in EF and Regina in Storybrooke; OUATiW is only starting to show us the parallels/differences between character's lives in Wonderland and beforehand, but it wasn't necessarily the premise that the show started with, like OUAT did.)

I also don't think it's fair to reduce her to just her lips and base any feelings about her character on that.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Ellen wrote:Loved the reference to the Sarlac from Star Wars. They even pointed out Alice would be digested for a thousand years.

Thanks for that. I knew I should have gotten that reference but I just couldn't place it. :)
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
Greyes

Postby Greyes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 pm

I just watched the episode "Forget Me Not" okie did anyone else see that coming? About Anastasia?! At first I though she could be Cinderella's step sister but...I'm so0o happy with who she really is!
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm

I figured it would be someone we'd already seen in Once or Wonderland since they wouldn't show us her face for the longest time...but I wasn't sure it would be the Red Queen.

I'm still hoping for either a connection to Ella or perhaps she could be the lost Princess Anastasia from a fictional Russia.
Greyes

Postby Greyes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:21 pm

I was thinking that she was Anastasia Russia, but then I thought wait that isn't owned by Disney so0o I doubted that,that was her.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm not sure if the story of Anastasia is copyrighted since it is historical. I bet there could be an issue if it ventured to close to the movie version though.
Greyes

Postby Greyes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

I agree, that is very possible.
Prince Ali

Postby Prince Ali » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 pm

In any case, I'm really excited to see more of Will and Anastasia when they first get to Wonderland and how they became who they are now and what that means about their motivations and desires!

Basically I think Wonderland is really starting to get on its feet and I can't wait to see where the rest of the season goes!
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Greyes wrote:I just watched the episode "Forget Me Not" okie did anyone else see that coming? About Anastasia?! At first I though she could be Cinderella's step sister but...I'm so0o happy with who she really is!

Couldn't she still be Cinderella's step sister but after Cinderella marries the prince? She could have ended up with nothing after that which would make sense that she is clawing for a better life and world where she could have anything and everything she wanted.

I didn't even think about this possibility before I read your post, but now I really like it. I think she could be both.

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”