Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Discuss OUAT's spin off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
Greyes

Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Postby Greyes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:13 pm

o0oh niiice!!! I guess that could also be a possibility. 8)
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 am

Princess Jasmine has a brother
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Secret Keeper

Postby Secret Keeper » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 am

I thought Anastasia would be the Red Queen the first time she came up. Am I the only one?

Danielsgrl03 wrote:
Greyes wrote:I just watched the episode "Forget Me Not" okie did anyone else see that coming? About Anastasia?! At first I though she could be Cinderella's step sister but...I'm so0o happy with who she really is!

Couldn't she still be Cinderella's step sister but after Cinderella marries the prince? She could have ended up with nothing after that which would make sense that she is clawing for a better life and world where she could have anything and everything she wanted.

That could be cool.
He's a writer. Typewriter wrapped in an enigma wrapped in stubble.
Heidirs

Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (OUAT SPINOFF)

Postby Heidirs » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Just finished the most recent episode and I absolutely LOVED it!!!! :D
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:26 pm

It's getting better, Jafar is a great villain and I liked seeing some of his backstory.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 pm

I've actually seen some people complain that Jafar is boring, which is confusing to me because I love him so much.

I do like the Agrabah scenes that we get. I think I'm more interested in Agrabah as a place than Wonderland.

And I loved Lizard! I hope she sticks around.
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:22 am

I don't really like Lizard, I don't know, the whole thing with her just seemed really contrived.
Prince Ali

Postby Prince Ali » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:01 am

Okay, after watching the last episode (The Serpent) there is literally so much I could talk about, but I want to ask what people have to say/are theorizing about how Jafar has the genie lamp that once was the lamp of the genie that became the Magic Mirror and then became Sidney Glass? Because he was freed from being a genie back when Snow's father wished him free. And then the lamp was in Mr. Gold's shop. Because it was definitely the same lamp.

Just since this is clearly the biggest and most clear crossover there is to the original show... How did Jafar get the genie's lamp? And how could he use the power of the genie if the genie is no longer a genie (since this episode told us that there are only three genies)? And what does this mean for Aladdin and Jasmine?

In any case, this last episode was fantastic, I can't wait to see more because I believe they're doing an amazing job!
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:08 am

Initially, I thought RQ was a weak villain. She's clearly out of her league dealing with Jafar. Now, I see her as a real scrapper who kept getting in over her head and fighting to come out on top. Sure, stealing the mirror and going to Wonderland was a mistake, but it was an understandable mistake. Maleficent warned them (and Mal seems to be one of those villains who gives honest warnings [or honest based on how she sees things]), but who trusts the wicked fairy when she's telling you not to do something you're sure will fix all your problems?

My impression is that she got where she is more because it was a survival strategy and playing to win was the best option. As a queen, we see her listening to petitioners--and petitioners feeling safe bringing up complaints and expecting her to do something about them. She's not just selfish and thinking of herself.

Rather than getting in too deep by teaming up with Jafar, I think he came to her and that she's been doing her best to get him to treat her as an equal rather than an expendable subordinate. She's like a badger facing off against a grizzly--sometimes, the grizzly decides to back down.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm

The red queen is growing on me the more I learn about her.
Peace Man

Postby Peace Man » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:03 am

I feel like the little coffee shop that got gobbled up by Starbucks now! ;)

Of course, that one was started way before mine. Should have actually looked to see if anyone else was talking about the show i guess. :oops:
♬ "How years ago, in days of old, when magic filled the air." ♬
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 am

I like the idea of Anastasia being Cinderella's step-sister. If her story is anything like the direct-to-DVD story (I know, questionable premise even if Once didn't play it's own games with the stories as we think we know them), her mother still wants her to make a politically or financially beneficial marriage. Instead, Anastasia falls in love with a commoner her mother would never allow her to marry.

I'm guessing that Anastasia initially decides to run off with Will but believed it was only a matter of time before they were found--or maybe she just didn't like the idea of hiding in the woods in a hut for the rest of her life. Unlike the DVD Anastasia, who gets help from Cinderella, this Anastasia is pragmatic enough to decide going to the girl her mother tormented (they play fast and loose with the stories. Since Ana was never shown tormenting Ella, she may not have [side thing: both she and Ella are blond. It might be interesting if they turned out to be half-sisters instead of step-sisters, but that's just a thought]) is not a good idea. Or maybe some other character helps manipulate her? After all, someone told her about Wonderland and where to find the mirror. Ella knew Rumple and had contact with fairies and possibly other people.
On the Genies: I'm not sure if they needed three lamps or if there are only three lamps. Needing three would keep it more in line with the traditional stories. But, I don't know that Once thinks out things like that.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:46 pm

They only said they needed three genies for the spell, not that there were only three genies in the whole world, at least that's the impression I got. It also seemed the genies are very hard to come by. They were discussing how far they'd had to travel to get the others. I suppose Jafar could just leave Cyrus alone and try to find another genie, but why give up when you are so close? And he probably doesn't have any leads on any others.

Also, does anyone watch Stargate? Because every time the Red Queen pronounces his name "Jafah," I think of the Jaffa.
yellowjillybean

Postby yellowjillybean » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 am

I like Agrabah way more than Wonderland. It was fun to see Jafar's back story, though I never saw him as powerless even before he learned to use magic. I'm hoping we get to see Aladdin/Jasmine at some point.

Any ideas as to the identity of the other prisoner Jafar has been holding?
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:40 am

yellowjillybean wrote:I like Agrabah way more than Wonderland. It was fun to see Jafar's back story, though I never saw him as powerless even before he learned to use magic. I'm hoping we get to see Aladdin/Jasmine at some point.

Any ideas as to the identity of the other prisoner Jafar has been holding?

I agree. I really like his back story in Agrabah. I think the prisoner is his dad (or whoever it was that was knocking him around as a child). Remember though, in the movie Aladdin, the old man was actually Jafar in disguise. He did it to gain his trust and get him to help find the cave of wonders. Which was ultimately to get the genie's lamp.
Prince Ali

Postby Prince Ali » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Danielsgrl03 wrote:I agree. I really like his back story in Agrabah. I think the prisoner is his dad (or whoever it was that was knocking him around as a child). Remember though, in the movie Aladdin, the old man was actually Jafar in disguise. He did it to gain his trust and get him to help find the cave of wonders. Which was ultimately to get the genie's lamp.

I thought this the first time we saw the other prisoner, but we've seen Jafar and the prisoner at the same time. At the end of the last episode, when Jafar gave the prisoner a little bow, I immediately believed that the prisoner is the sultan, Jafar's illegitimate father.

Would this make Jafar and Jasmine half-siblings? (Even if the prisoner isn't the sultan, we still know that the sultan is Jafar's father...)
yellowjillybean

Postby yellowjillybean » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:14 pm

I was wondering both those things, about Jafar/Jasmine and if the prisoner was the Sultan...interested to know if he is the Sultan or Jafar needs the genies to enact the right revenge on his father.
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
Danielsgrl03 wrote:I agree. I really like his back story in Agrabah. I think the prisoner is his dad (or whoever it was that was knocking him around as a child). Remember though, in the movie Aladdin, the old man was actually Jafar in disguise. He did it to gain his trust and get him to help find the cave of wonders. Which was ultimately to get the genie's lamp.

I thought this the first time we saw the other prisoner, but we've seen Jafar and the prisoner at the same time. At the end of the last episode, when Jafar gave the prisoner a little bow, I immediately believed that the prisoner is the sultan, Jafar's illegitimate father.

Would this make Jafar and Jasmine half-siblings? (Even if the prisoner isn't the sultan, we still know that the sultan is Jafar's father...)

That would be a good one. The sultan was such a sweet (kind of stupid) guy though. lol But I love the idea that Jasmine and Jafar could be half siblings.
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 am

Prince Ali wrote:

Linguistic nit-pick. Technically, illegitimate refers to the child, not the parent. I understand it originally meant a child who had legal rights as an heir.

On tonight's episode: Yep, Sultan is Jafar's dad. Whether because he won't kill his father or because he hates him too much to just kill him, daddy is relatively safe for now (of course, maybe he just wants him to see his mega-victory with the genies and rub his face in it).

And Anastasia is definitely one of the stepsisters. And her mom officially declared she now likes Cinderella better. And you need to know what you're heading into and plan accordingly when heading to a new world. I have ranted on this point on the Blue Fairy sending Rumple and Bae to London in the 19th century without any of the necessary skills to survive. A lot of people STARVED to death each year in London at that time who had better skills and resources. Wonderland was better in that respect, but let's get real.

P.S. I missed part of the episode and will be rewatching later, so hopefully Anastasia didn't have a long speech about her stepsister Ella that makes pointing out the relationship really dumb on my part.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:14 pm

I agree. And no speeches that actually revealed anything ;)
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”