Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Discuss OUAT's spin off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
Caroline

Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.

Postby Caroline » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 pm

All I want is for the rabbit to look in a mirror and yell: "Oh my god, I'm gorgeous"

Is that too much to ask?
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Caroline wrote:All I want is for the rabbit to look in a mirror and yell: "Oh my god, I'm gorgeous"

Is that too much to ask?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes, please.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:47 pm

One of my favourite shows from America! Got all of the series on DVD.
Mr. Silver, almost as good as Mr. Gold!
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Caroline wrote:All I want is for the rabbit to look in a mirror and yell: "Oh my god, I'm gorgeous"

Is that too much to ask?

ha ha ha....i thought i was the only one.
thanks for the vid, mr. silver.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:56 am

I could see the rabbit trying to explain the physics behind his worm holes
Peace Man

Postby Peace Man » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:45 pm

It's cool to see Tommy (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) be so successful. So few child actors are able to manage that.
♬ "How years ago, in days of old, when magic filled the air." ♬
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Same, I was really surprised when I started seeing grown up Tommy Solomon in films :D

On topic somewhat too, it's been weird hearing the Red Queen with a Northern accent but fun too :D Plus we learned where she learned that rather odd affected 'posh' accent from.
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:57 am

Mr. Silver wrote:Same, I was really surprised when I started seeing grown up Tommy Solomon in films :D

On topic somewhat too, it's been weird hearing the Red Queen with a Northern accent but fun too :D Plus we learned where she learned that rather odd affected 'posh' accent from.

Yes! I'm so glad they addressed the weird accent. It was driving me crazy and sounded absolutely ridiculous.
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:15 am

I'm an American and only so-so on British accents, but I do like that way (even if it's fake posh) some people can talk where it's like every word is a soap bubble in their mouth that they're trying to say without breaking it. It seems like they make sound without actually letting any air out.

But, I suppose admiring that without thinking about the accent itself is like admiring someone for juggling powered up chain saws. The basic concept grabs you without you're taking time to consider the results as a whole (or not so whole, depending).
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:38 am

I think it's mostly the permanent pouting, try it right now and talk at the same time, it kind of forces you to talk in a really strange way.
Admittedly that might only work if you have a certain accent to begin with but yeah.

The Knave's accent makes me think he is always ready to say something a bit dirty "Oi luv, if you wanna practise somethin' with your mouth..." etc. oh and even as an English man it still amuses me when he sort of sighs and says "Bloody Hell". :D
Peace Man

Postby Peace Man » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I think someone brought it up somewhere on here before, but the Knave is the brother of Lauren Socha, the girl who played Kelly on a british show called Misfits. You should hear her accent, it's a trip. You can barely understand her sometimes.

Really good show, especially the first few seasons, for those of you who haven't seen it.
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:31 pm

^^ I knew the guy looked familiar!! I remember the first time I saw Misfits, I didn't understand Lauren Socha's accent at all, it took me some time to get used to it. He has a similar accent but it's easy to understand, at least for me.
Peace Man

Postby Peace Man » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:38 pm

We had such a cool little community on the Hulu boards back then for those first few seasons of Misfits. I miss some of those people and those times terribly. Can't recommend it strongly enough. (i need to catch up with the last season or so) I MISS SUPERHOODIE! That was such a great storyline. I wish that show would have went differently, but people leave.

And, yeah, Kelly's "chav" accent was hysterical. Once you got used to it, you could understand her though.
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Yeah after a few episodes I could understand her, but it took some time, probably because English is not my first language.

I stopped watching Misfits after series 2, don't really know why, I just lost interest. :shrug2:
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Just looked her up to see what you mean, maybe as an English speaker and an English person I had no trouble understanding it. Spend about 5 minutes in a job centre around here and you have your fill of that accent, trust me.

Favourite Wonderland minor character: Red Queens Guard/Camp version of Ziggy Stardust.
Caroline

Postby Caroline » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Mr. Silver wrote:Just looked her up to see what you mean, maybe as an English speaker and an English person I had no trouble understanding it. Spend about 5 minutes in a job centre around here and you have your fill of that accent, trust me.

Favourite Wonderland minor character: Red Queens Guard/Camp version of Ziggy Stardust.

I believe you :lol:

I usually need a few days to get used to new english accents, I still remember how, when I was younger, we had an exchange student from London, and the first two weeks I had no idea what he was saying, all I did was nod and smile and suddenly I could understand him just fine.

On topic: I think the show is getting better, I like how they are mixing different stories like in OUAT, I wonder if Aladdin will appear at some point, and I like the idea of Anastasia being Ella's stepsister, it could make things even more interesting.

And I love the David Bowie servants.
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 am

Peter Pan: "Get me Aladdin!"
Lost Boy: "I thought we already got the one you wanted" *smirk*
Peter Pan: *Frown*
Lost Boy: *Dead*

Oh wait I'm mixing up the two series again, never mind.
I still think the other 'cage guy' is someones dad, not sure if he has the ethnicity for it to be anything to do with Jafar but I can't be sure.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Did anyone else think of William Darcy from Pride and Prejudice when Alice's stepmother mentioned "Mrs Darcy's son"?

Oh! Now I have fan fic ideas! :D
Danielsgrl03

Postby Danielsgrl03 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Heidirs wrote:Did anyone else think of William Darcy from Pride and Prejudice when Alice's stepmother mentioned "Mrs Darcy's son"?

Oh! Now I have fan fic ideas! :D

Yes! I loved it! What was her half sister's name? I can't seem to remember.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I think it was Milly or Mildred. I'd have to watch it again.

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”