27%
Horrible
No votes

Total votes: 15
Ouroboros

Worth Watching?

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Okay, time for some honesty:

I've put off watching this show. Is the spin-off worth it? Is it cheesier, better, similar, what? Help, this guy needs some advice! Should I invest in another show? Or avoid?

Flowers in advance for answers. :rose: :rose: :rose:
Spoiler:
Also a fan of Grimm. Find me here under this profile:
grimmforum.com
Like fics? I've got some:
TheWormThatTurns @ fanfiction.net

Montreat11

Re: Worth Watching?

Postby Montreat11 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:50 pm

It's ok. I feel like some weeks it's hit and miss. There have been episodes I've walked away thinking that was "really good" and others I've thought "Eh." I think it would have done better if they had shown it during the hiatus but thats a horse of a different color altogether. Honestly, it's one of those things that I'd say it's worth watching at least once, Alice is an awesome character and the Knave of Hearts makes me smile, but if you're one of those Once fans that watches every episode twenty times you probably won't watch it as much. It's still remarkably interesting and I do feel it gets a little more interesting every week.

Does this mean I get one of your :rose: ?
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Ah, thanks for the reply. And yes, you do get a rose. :rose:

:D

Wonderland does seem to have a different bent than OUaT. That's part of the reason I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it, as I like the multi-pov cast and flashbacks from the Original Flavor.

Does the spin-off have the same format?
Spoiler:
grimmforum.com

Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:12 pm

like montreat said, "hit or miss." if it's 3am and i'm awake, i might catch up, but otherwise, not all that invested in it. i find myself turned off by several of the actors, not the writing or story.

that said, as mother used to counsel..."you won't know unless you try it."
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Yep, same format. main story line and a backstory on one of the characters every week.
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:24 pm

hey ouroboros: a little something you might like
http://jeckfrast.tumblr.com/post/68651653584/rare-words
my favorite is the seventh. and then, six
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:06 am

I like it, and I put off watching it, didn't watch anything until the 3rd episode because I hate the story of Alice in Wonderland, I was biased. Beware, though, there are rumors that it's either going to get cancelled midseason or after the first one.
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 am

Adam and Eddy have said that they only intended Wonderland to last one season, and that the one season would tell a complete story. I never expected it to go longer.

Is it worth watching? If you are someone who is busy with several other shows, I'd say no. Wonderland is just something I'm watching for fun. It's not as good as its parent. And honestly, if I didn't have anything else to do, I'd probably drop it. But I have the time, and I do find it entertaining.

EDIT: I should add that a lot of people find it campy and watch it for that. Also, if you do watch it, I'd give it till episode four. It's starts off kind of slow, and that's when it started to get good for me.
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for all the answers, everyone. :) This convinced me I should give it a try, (that and because I went looking and saw that Jafar looks like Purple Rain-era Prince. LOLwhut.)

Also:

Aura Liuli wrote:hey ouroboros: a little something you might like
http://jeckfrast.tumblr.com/post/68651653584/rare-words
my favorite is the seventh. and then, six

That is awesome. I love words ... thanks for introducing me to new ones! "Dwale" speaks to me, heh.
Spoiler:
grimmforum.com

Caroline

Postby Caroline » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Well I'm late but I'll post my opinion anyway:

As other have said, it's hit or miss, some episodes are good and others are a disaster, I enjoy the ones that focus on Jafar, he is the one who moves the plot and the actor makes him interesting and charismatic, the episode with his backstory is the best IMO. I also like the rabbit but that might be because John Lithgow voices him and I am a big 3rd rock from the sun fan.

The rest of the casting is ok, except for the Red Queen, but I've already explained why I dislike the actress so I won't repeat myself, although I have to admit she did a better job in her backflash scenes.

The plot is also ok, is interesting but it takes a few episodes to start moving along and it's not that original (two lovers trying to find each other), for me the most interesting part is Jafar's plan, well, that and how did the Red Queen servant's manage to become fans of David Bowie.

I say give it a try to see if you enjoy it but don't expect much, IMO is just an ok show with potential to get better. I like it because I love Alice in Wonderland, but it's not the kind of show that has you glued to the screen or makes you wish you didn't have to wait a week to get a new episode.
Last edited by Caroline on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then
Heidirs

Postby Heidirs » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Let us know what you think of it!
fourpeace101

Postby fourpeace101 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:59 am

The show is interesting. I don't love it but I record it and watch it when I have nothing to do. I would be disappointed if it got calanced but I would get over it. I very disappointed in Wonderland. It could have been amazing but it just alright. the problem is that it just kinda of got all the reject topics from OUAT and the characters aren't as developed as in OUAT. I would like to see this show become something. I think it has the ability to be something. The needs a lot of TCL.
John Doe

Postby John Doe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 am

i dont like it... sorry... I just dont like it... meet me in chat and lets talk.

you guys come to chat we can chat ....
SarahElisa

Postby SarahElisa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:57 pm

I found OUAT in Wonderland to be... well... WONDERFUL! I very much enjoyed it and I think that while the special affects don't appear as good as with OUAT, the characters and the acting is just as great. My sister and I both wish that it would come out on DVD so we can own it, it's that good. But then, I can see that is just our opinion. I say that it is worth watching. :) I just like to have fun with these shows and see where they go and if I get attached to a character, great, if not then that is okay too. I just like to see the character development and talk about theories and such, like the next fan. But I will say that I went in to watching the first episode of OUAT in Wonderland with lower expectations so I found it to be great. If it means anything, Alice became one of my favorite characters of any show within just the single season. :)
facelesscreature

Postby facelesscreature » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Agreed.
I also enjoyed OUAT in Wonderland too. The only problem was it was canceled to early. If it continued, I'm sure it would have crossed over more with OUAT and would have had Regina, Emma, and Rumple appear.

It also would have been great to see Jafar and Rumple debate who is more powerful.
SarahElisa

Postby SarahElisa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:41 am

facelesscreature wrote:Agreed.
I also enjoyed OUAT in Wonderland too. The only problem was it was canceled to early. If it continued, I'm sure it would have crossed over more with OUAT and would have had Regina, Emma, and Rumple appear.

It also would have been great to see Jafar and Rumple debate who is more powerful.

I would still LOVE to see Alice and Cyrus in OUAT somehow. I miss them! At least we got Will in season four. :D
Also, that would be an interesting plot, Jafar vs Rumple!
"When two people love each other, there's nothing they can't accomplish together." -Alice, OUATIW
misy

Postby misy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:20 am

Once Wonderland was not cancelled. It was only ever supposed to be one "season" and was supposed to air during OUAT mid season hiatus.
Ignoring Adam and Eddy's intentions, ABC decided to air OUATIW during OUAT's regular run.
ABC execs publically apoligized for their mistake in doing so.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”