RIP Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, show cancelled!

Discuss OUAT's spin off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
PunkMaister

RIP Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, show cancelled!

Postby PunkMaister » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:29 am

It's official now the series has been cancelled and next week is the series finale.
HappyEndings

Re: RIP Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, show cancelled!

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 am

PunkMaister wrote:It's official now the series has been cancelled and next week is the series finale.

I had no interest in watching this show the original previews turned me off plus I never could get through reading the book about Alice. Another thing I think it was a mistake to even do this since they have Once on. One more thing I was turned off by the leading lady she didn't even look close like Alice the hump shoulders didn't help either that just my opinion.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 am

I'm not really surprised.

A) It was never meant to be a multi-season show like the main show. It was supposed to only be during the winter hiatus.

B) So bummed. :( Hopefully they show up on the main show.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:59 am

mysticalflute wrote:I'm not really surprised.

A) It was never meant to be a multi-season show like the main show. It was supposed to only be during the winter hiatus.

B) So bummed. :( Hopefully they show up on the main show.
I hope so too.
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:41 am

Well...I can't say I'm entirely surprised. I'm sad this didn't air during our hiatus, but I think that it did as well as it possibly could with a difficult time slot. It was a good story, had strong characters, and a decent beginning, middle, and end (I hope). With any luck we'll see some cross over with some of these characters on the mothership, and I think it'll give us a good idea of what to expect for the grand finale of our beloved OUaT (which will hopefully not be for a year or two).
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 am

Montreat11 wrote:Well...I can't say I'm entirely surprised. I'm sad this didn't air during our hiatus, but I think that it did as well as it possibly could with a difficult time slot. It was a good story, had strong characters, and a decent beginning, middle, and end (I hope). With any luck we'll see some cross over with some of these characters on the mothership, and I think it'll give us a good idea of what to expect for the grand finale of our beloved OUaT (which will hopefully not be for a year or two).

So you do not expect OUAT to be around very long either like Stargate SG-1 or Smalville or hell at least as long as Charmed then? :( :cry: :(
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:09 am

^ Don't get me wrong, I HOPE it'll be around for the next seventy-five years. But realistically, I hate to be a debbie downer, I think we'll be lucky to get anything more than five seasons. Sorry.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:45 am

It was never meant to go past a season. u can check out the ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND thread with articles stating that. it was nothing more then a mini series with a beginning middle and end and if had been picked up for a second season it will would have been formatted the same way. its not like the finale episode will end on a cliffhanger like most canceled shows. it will wrap up the series.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:17 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:It was never meant to go past a season. u can check out the ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND thread with articles stating that. it was nothing more then a mini series with a beginning middle and end and if had been picked up for a second season it will would have been formatted the same way. its not like the finale episode will end on a cliffhanger like most canceled shows. it will wrap up the series.

Yeah, I know. Still a bummer it has to end though. :( At least we won't be left hanging at a sudden cancellation. Could you imagine if OUAT hadn't been renewed after the first season and the last thing we ever saw was purple smoke enveloping Storybrooke, not knowing what the hell was going on?

Not fun! :egad:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Montreat11 wrote:^ Don't get me wrong, I HOPE it'll be around for the next seventy-five years. But realistically, I hate to be a debbie downer, I think we'll be lucky to get anything more than five seasons. Sorry.

Whoa Nelly! In 75 years most of us and the actors in the show will have long departed from this Earth. :o

I hope that it can go realistically go on for at least 6 years, but with the cancellation of wonderland you could be right about the main show not surviving much longer. :( :cry: :(
desa

Postby desa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Montreat11 wrote:^ Don't get me wrong, I HOPE it'll be around for the next seventy-five years. But realistically, I hate to be a debbie downer, I think we'll be lucky to get anything more than five seasons. Sorry.

Well we now know that Robert Carlyle has singed for five seasons so I am happy with that and if they decide to do more you won't hear me complaining. :D
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 pm

desa wrote:

Well we now know that Robert Carlyle has singed for five seasons so I am happy with that and if they decide to do more you won't hear me complaining. :D

Exactly! Plus, I love shows that end because they want to not because they are forced to. A story with a strong beginning middle and end is always better than a beginning, a middle, a middle, another middle, then a shaky end. It sounds like, from interviews, A&E had 5 seasons mapped out and that is what we'll get.
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Montreat11 wrote:
desa wrote:

Exactly! Plus, I love shows that end because they want to not because they are forced to. A story with a strong beginning middle and end is always better than a beginning, a middle, a middle, another middle, then a shaky end. It sounds like, from interviews, A&E had 5 seasons mapped out and that is what we'll get.
A&E? What show are you talking about exactly because last I checked OUAT is on ABC same as the now defunct Wonderland.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:10 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Montreat11 wrote:
desa wrote:

A&E? What show are you talking about exactly because last I checked OUAT is on ABC same as the now defunct Wonderland.

A&E the creators Adam and Eddy not the channel
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:A&E the creators Adam and Eddy not the channel
Oh, OK! Frankly the only TV producer that I've sen so far with a solid 5 or more years plan for a show has been Michael J Strazinski the creator of Babylon 5.
zakattack2209

Postby zakattack2209 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 am

I loved this show. I wanted it to last longer. I know we will see them again. At least I hope. I liked the Red Queen and Knave. Alice kicked butt too. If I never see Jafar again or bad wig Jabberwocky it'll be too soon. Good grief hair and makeup crew could you find a worse wig for the lady? Anyway, I think we will see them. As far as the mothership goes, they need to never cancel. I know this is sad, but I won't know what to do with myself. This show is my life. It's what gets me through the week. I should really seek professional help but if OUAT ever cancelled I would be crushed. I'd make due in time I guess but even this shows cancellation makes me weep internally a bit. Judge all ya want.
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 am

zakattack2209 wrote:I loved this show. I wanted it to last longer. I know we will see them again. At least I hope. I liked the Red Queen and Knave. Alice kicked butt too. If I never see Jafar again or bad wig Jabberwocky it'll be too soon. Good grief hair and makeup crew could you find a worse wig for the lady? Anyway, I think we will see them. As far as the mothership goes, they need to never cancel. I know this is sad, but I won't know what to do with myself. This show is my life. It's what gets me through the week. I should really seek professional help but if OUAT ever cancelled I would be crushed. I'd make due in time I guess but even this shows cancellation makes me weep internally a bit. Judge all ya want.

You'll survive I felt the same way when the Stargate franchise came to an end. And for a while there very few if any scifi or fantasy shows after that franchise's cancellation. Right now we have pretty good choices in both arenas but e probably will be back to only endless crime procedurals, soap operas an insipid so called reality TV shows in few years again.
Mr. Silver

Postby Mr. Silver » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:27 am

I just find it hard to think they can believable tie up all the loose ends and resolve all the stuff in Wonderland with only what.... 30 minutes more programming?

If it's the last every episode it kinds of needs to though right? I mean yeah unless they start doing full-on main OUAT crossover stuff.
Mr. Silver, almost as good as Mr. Gold!
I was going to use a name spelled backwards, but Lana didn't work out for some reason.
annika

Postby annika » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm

So sad!! :( I loved it, but hopefully they'll br atleast visiting OUAT. I heard Michael Socha has been casted in main cast to OUAT. Don't know if he'll be Knave, but he's a great great actor. Love him. I would've loved if Emma Rigby signed a deal too. :heart:
aaronnz

Postby aaronnz » Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 am

Maybe it was too awesome to be on anymore? Well to be honest it's a little slower than it's successor.

Return to “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”