New character spoiler thread (first mentions)

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
eleruen

New character spoiler thread (first mentions)

Postby eleruen » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:49 am

Can we put spoilers about which are the upcoming, new characters in one thread, so they are easy to find?

We already know about Tinkerbell, Ariel, Eric, and the fugitive/lost boy (Robbie Kay-and some sources say he is PP).

I'm going to start with this one:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/q-a-once-upon-a-time-creators-on-writing-a-role-for-kelly-clarkson-20130927

Kitsis: We're going to be seeing Tinker Bell and we're going to be doing a version of the Pied Piper.

Very excited about this one. I always wondered whether he would be included, as he would fit into many of plot lines, or potential plot lines such as the overarching theme of motherhood, and could fit into the notion of the Lost Boys.
Last edited by eleruen on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
OUATbelle7

Re: New character spoiler thread

Postby OUATbelle7 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:17 am

ha i was reading that today ...
ARIEL AND ERIC
http://www.latinospost.com/articles/283 ... porate.htm
Be sure to look for references to the animated film, such as the fork (a.k.a, 'dinglehopper') during the comical dinner scene, executive producer Adam Horowitz said.
Belle, Lacey: You can't tell what's in a person's heart until you truly know them.
eleruen

Re: New character spoiler thread (planning stage).

Postby eleruen » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:25 am

Thanks for the post....
Sounds like Ursula will be a definite.

I didn't make it clear, but I was hoping that this thread could be about characters that haven't been previously mentioned until now as definitely in the works (not 'maybes')? I am looking for ''first mentions'', and characters that are in the planning stage only, if you see what I mean. So PP, Ariel, Liam, fugitive boy, Devin, Eric, Tinkerbell, and Rumple's father (and those two adults with funny names that work for PP-can't remember their names) do not belong on this thread because they were mentioned a while ago (and in fact most of these have been cast).

I've changed the title in the hope of making it clearer.
eleruen

Re: New character spoiler thread (first mentions)

Postby eleruen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:43 am

http://hwhills.com/new-once-upon-a-time-season-3-new-female-hero-to-arrive-in-episode-14new-spoiler/
For Episode 14, the show is casting the possibly recurring role of a teenage African-American female who comes across as skittish and timid, having had her naturally curious and determined spirit tempered by years of crippling fear.

That said, when put to the test, this lass can reach within and summon the strength to be a hero
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 am

Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:55 pm

from a tumblr blog, with an excerpt from an e-news spoiler blurb. comment and opinion the blogger's

http://onceuponamirror.tumblr.com/post/ ... ar-opinion
Last edited by Aura Liuli on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
ihr

Postby ihr » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:02 pm

The wicked witch of the west?
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:21 am

Thanks for the link.

When I think of the phrase ''recent Disney history'' there are two interpretations. The first is anything Disney has done in the past 10 years. The second is anything done by Disney at all, because it is 20th century, and I grew up reading the original-but-watered-down fairy tales and was banned from watching the Disney version by my parents because they weren't 'original' enough. Meanwhile, the Wizard of OZ was well known but rarely on TV.I don't think the British think of the Wicked Witch in Oz as being an ''all time'' big bad, but maybe in the US she is? Besides, that's 20th century literature.

I am more likely to go with Morgana, because her story is over 1000 years old, but the writers said that they were not going to do Albion this year, and Oz was something they would like to do/maybe...so I don't know. Can't decide.

The other big bad for me when I was growing up was the evil fairy in Sleeping Beauty, and the Evil Queen in SW, and these have been done already.

Another idea is a big bad from Greek mythology...though one doesn't spring to mind except Medusa, and she appears in ep 10-too early for this actress, and the cgi image of her might end up without a head, so that might make it impossible to be alive and be played by a whole-bodied human in storybrooke. Though to be honest, Medusa was the only ''big bad'' to have ever frightened me as a child.

I think in the American psyche, Wicked Witch of the West (with a penchant for dog fur coats and locking up girls) might fit the bill of the above description.
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:04 am

as you mentioned, maleficient and the children-eating witch from hansel and gretel have been done. henry's book has pictures of the flying monkeys, so WWotW makes sense. it keeps the series being an action adventure one, with new realms to explore and opportunities for new and better relations to be fostered by our protagonists.

i am hoping though that they don't just kill pan off, more, that his powers are neutralized,
leaving him just an angsty teenager. turning that fable on it's head worked because the casting
delivered.

morgana le fey would be a villain with enough gravitas to be a challenge for either rump and/or regina, but they may keep that one for next season.

as for having mader be gothel from rapunzel, she's not as deeply imbedded in anyone's psyche, for my taste, nor has a theme song i'm familiar with.

i'd held a suspicion that emma would turn out to be rapunzel, especially as i've noticed her hair just keeps getting longer, and there appears to be a parallel with hook and "tangled," but that's now moot, with that role now filled.

creulla de vil, spot-addicted dog kidnapper, sacrificing life for fashion would be "mahvelous" yet only works in "our world," not in enchanted forest or any other fabled realm.

i considered circe from greek myths, but i don't know of any theme song which applies.

edited to add:

there is also the possibility, since we now have ariel, that it could be ursula playing a dual role, including being calypso.
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
dreamshade

Postby dreamshade » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 am

[quote="eleruen"]New villain, character unknown but will be a significant part of the show with a clear character arc.

http://www.eonline.com/news/487522/once-upon-a-time-casts-lost-alum-as-a-new-villain-find-out-who?cmpid=eonline-twitter&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939

I was thinking about the Wicked Witch in Oz Wolrd..Neal mentioned the World Of Oz when he was in the castle and said that even red boots can be used as portals. Writers said that other lands are going to be explored, so she might be the input to Oz's one.
She has her own musical theme, she's a villain, she's not so recent, that could work!
What do you think?
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 am

I think that upon closer inspection, the cgi image of medusa shares this actress' face shape and bone structure. But she would have to walk around SB without a head :lol: Her face shape matches the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz movie, as well. :shrug2:

Or maybe the two characters are one and the same, reincarnated, seeing as they are both green :lol: :shrug2:

When the theme song was mentioned, I think they are referring to Mark Isham composing a new theme music for her in OUAT ? Otherwise, if they ARE referring to past theme songs, then Wicked Witch of the West makes sense, and she could be the witch being hunted or doing the hunting (or both) in episode 13, titled ''Witch Hunt''?

I realize I am going back and forth over this. :lol:

P.S> I'd like to see Regina turn green at some point. And I don't mean green with envy or revenge. She doesn't care if things turn her green :lol:
misy

Postby misy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:05 am

Totally think Wicked Witch.
Ding Dong The Witch is Dead!
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
arielandbelle12

Postby arielandbelle12 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:36 am

Totally think Wicked Witch.
Ding Dong The Witch is Dead!

anyone got a pail of water?
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Confirmed: Get your pails of water guys! Rebecca Mader's from the Merry Old Land of Oz!

https://twitter.com/Super_Maxie/status/409669871610261504/photo/1
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:32 pm

YAY!!!!!! Elphaba is coming to Once Upon a Time, as if I didn't like this show enough already!
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:07 am

Man i hope this true. I have been waiting for OZ since day 1
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 am

mysticalflute wrote:Confirmed: Get your pails of water guys! Rebecca Mader's from the Merry Old Land of Oz!

https://twitter.com/Super_Maxie/status/409669871610261504/photo/1

Who is this person who said this on twitter? How are they sure that she is from Oz?
Last edited by eleruen on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 pm

It might not be 100% confirmation, but the necklace she's wearing in the picture makes me think the person is right. :dbanana:
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:36 am

If this is indeed the actress' costume, then that pendant does look 'Oz'-esque, I must say.
It's not a Celtic design, so not indicative of Morgana.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:http://tvline.com/2013/12/17/homeland-season-4-spoilers-carrie-quinn-romance/

Question: Belle is one of my favorites on Once Upon A Time and I’m really disappointed in how little we’ve seen of her in the first half of Season 3. Please tell me she’ll have a bigger role in the second half! Will she at least have her own -centric episode? —Tara
Ausiello: I’m going to venture yes on getting a new Belle flashback, seeing as for Episode 15 the show is casting an “uppity,” “know-it-all” servant who must, repeat must, have a French accent. The character also is named “Lawrence,” which, I must observe, starts with the same letter as “Lumiere.”

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”