Update: Dec 20,2013

Spoiler:
Update: 13 Dec 2013
Aura Liuli wrote:vcf tweeted this today:

https://twitter.com/VancityFilming/stat ... 9085910016

More from Vancity Filming: Rapunsel, Rapunsel, let down your hair

---------------------

04 Dec 2013

The Wiz of Oz wrote:http://tvline.com/2013/12/04/once-upon-a-time-cast-rapunzel-alexandra-metz/

Things will get a bit hairy on Once Upon a Time when the ABC drama introduces its take on Rapunzel.
And filling the iconic role, TVLine has learned exclusively, will be ill-fated Originals witch Alexandra Metz.

Metz will make her debut in the 14th episode of Season 3 — aka soon into the second half, which premieres March 9 — and though nothing at this time is confirmed, there is always the option for additional future appearances.
News of Rapunzel’s arrival was first teased in my Inside Line column; props to commenter Nichole for correctly guessing the role being cast. She wins 250 TVLine Power User Points, which have no cash value.

In addition to her short arc as The Originals‘ Katie, Metz’s TV credits include Chicago Fire and episodes of The Good Wife and Gossip Girl.

-----------------------------------------------

22 Nov 2013

http://tvline.com/2013/11/22/how-i-met-your-mother-china-flashback-spoilers-revenge-walking-dead/

Do you have anything on Once Upon a Timethat isn’t related to one ‘ship or another? –Lauren
Wrap your magic bean around this one: For Episode 14, the show is casting the possibly recurring role of a teenage African-American female who comes across as skittish and timid, having had her naturally curious and determined spirit tempered by years of crippling fear. That said, when put to the test, this lass can reach within and summon the strength to be a hero. Ready, set, speculate!
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

Re: [3x14] ? Spoilers

Postby Grey » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Hm. Thanks for posting.
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:27 am

yes. thanks for posting. hmmm? frog princess, maybe? tamara's grandmother?
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:16 pm

That would be cool. Frog princess.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

Postby Grey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:59 am

Roseweave wrote:In my opinion, ... also gives the impression all the black people need to be tied together to justify why they're there.

There. Fixed it for you... Because I don't think anyone else thinks that. I might be wrong but ya. And if you want to get technical, black people come from... wait for it... OTHER BLACK PEOPLE.
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
maaike.b

Postby maaike.b » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:20 am

It could also be that this girl is a character that we are used to see portayed as white.
I mean, Lancelot was black, so why not do this with another character?
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:24 pm

http://tvline.com/2013/12/04/once-upon-a-time-cast-rapunzel-alexandra-metz/

Things will get a bit hairy on Once Upon a Time when the ABC drama introduces its take on Rapunzel.
And filling the iconic role, TVLine has learned exclusively, will be ill-fated Originals witch Alexandra Metz.

Metz will make her debut in the 14th episode of Season 3 — aka soon into the second half, which premieres March 9 — and though nothing at this time is confirmed, there is always the option for additional future appearances.
News of Rapunzel’s arrival was first teased in my Inside Line column; props to commenter Nichole for correctly guessing the role being cast. She wins 250 TVLine Power User Points, which have no cash value.

In addition to her short arc as The Originals‘ Katie, Metz’s TV credits include Chicago Fire and episodes of The Good Wife and Gossip Girl.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
peanut-butter

Postby peanut-butter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Oooh, Rapunzel!
Prince Ali

Postby Prince Ali » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Am I the only one ridiculously excited for this??
Mrs. Gold

Postby Mrs. Gold » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

I can't wait to see this episode because I've been waiting for Rapunzel's story since season 1.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Very exciting!

Just please, for the love of all things good in the world, don't let Regina or Rumpel be the villain in her story.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:19 pm

YAY!!!!!!! I'm super excited!!!!!!
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 am

Very pretty actress.

mysticalflute wrote:Very exciting!

Just please, for the love of all things good in the world, don't let Regina or Rumpel be the villain in her story.

This!

Any ideas who the antagonist/witch who traps her might be though? Cruella da Vil? (I've given up trying to spell it right-lol).

Prince Ali wrote:Am I the only one ridiculously excited for this??

No, you're not! I'm super-psyched to see this. And I am wondering which kingdom the EF she will be from? SW/WQ's? Akrabah? Midas's? Or will she be from a different world entirely?

I don't know the actress, as I have never seen her before, but I think she looks very pretty and will be very fun to watch. I also hope that her storyline ties in to what we have already in an intelligent and meaningful way.I don't want anymore retcons!
Last edited by eleruen on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:54 am

eleruen wrote:Very pretty actress.

mysticalflute wrote:Very exciting!

This!

Any ideas who the antagonist/witch who traps her might be though? Cruella da Vil? (I've given up trying to spelling it right-lol).[/quote]

Well, in "Tangled", her name is Mother Gothel. However, I believe she's just refereed to as 'The Witch' in the original story.

As for an actress... I'm not sure.
Last edited by mysticalflute on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
And more!
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 am

mysticalflute wrote:Well, in "Tangled", her name is Mother Gothel. However, I believe she's just refereed to as 'The Witch' in the original story.

Exactly. So it could be anybody. But Cruella da Vil is the only up-coming villainous character I have seen mentioned recently, so I can't think who else it would be.

Another thing that bothers me is that the writers don't seem to know how long they are going to keep her, and it is not the first time they have said this about their characters, such as Ariel (I think?). This gives me the impression that whatever the reasons are, they don't have much of a plan in terms of storyline, not even an over-arching one. And going by some of the ridonkulous plots we have had so far this season, I would say that is further evidence that points to this assumption :shrug2:
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:14 am

eleruen wrote:
mysticalflute wrote:Well, in "Tangled", her name is Mother Gothel. However, I believe she's just refereed to as 'The Witch' in the original story.

Exactly. So it could be anybody. But Cruella da Vil is the only up-coming villainous character I have seen mentioned recently, so I can't think who else it would be.

Another thing that bothers me is that the writers don't seem to know how long they are going to keep her, and it is not the first time they have said this about their characters, such as Ariel (I think?). This gives me the impression that whatever the reasons are, they don't have much of a plan in terms of storyline, not even an over-arching one. And going by some of the ridonkulous plots we have had so far this season, I would say that is further evidence that points to this assumption :shrug2:

That'd be a twist on Cruella's character. :lol: Instead of wanting puppy/dog fur for a coat, she wants beautiful hair for... something else.

I'm not too concerned with the plot. I trust the writers.
And more!
Prince Ali

Postby Prince Ali » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:08 am

I remembered hearing Gothel before the Disney version, and after a little searching, I found that in the Brothers Grimm version, Rapunzel calls the enchantress "Dame Gothel," since in some southwestern German dialects, "gothel" meant "godmother."

Based on this, I would love to see them bring in Mother Gothel! I know I've said it before, but I'm sick of the combination of characters, especially the villains. Maybe its unrealistic, but I love the Disney villains as much as I love the heroes and princesses, and I want to see them all appear on the show!

(Besides, Regina already had a princess locked in a tower, and Rumple already acted as a princess's godmother; let's get some new blood into the stories!)

References:
http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stori ... Rapu.shtml
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 559AA21QZd
melediv

Postby melediv » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:16 pm

a black Rapunzel?? :wth:
That;s not right at all. It's so stupid. What's next, a black Harry Potter in a future remake? or a black family for the Weasleys?
You can call me a racist all you want, but some characters should remain to their original races.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:00 pm

:roll:

I'm excited! I love the story of Rapunzel and the actress is beautiful. I wonder how long her hair will be. It's easy in an animated version, but realistically it would be like Virginia in the 10th Kingdom.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
mindygirl

Postby mindygirl » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:06 pm

They are really going to have to sell me on this actress. She is absolutely beautiful. But whether you are reading The Brothers Grimm, or watching Tangled...the story revolves around not only the specialness of her hair, but the length as well. It's how her prince gets in and out of the tower to visit her. It's how they escape. It's central to the story. Ethnic hair doesn't grow like that. Well, no hair grows so long you can escape a tower...but you understand what I'm trying to say. And I know how we all love how OUaT puts their own twists on stories. But Rapunzel having just "longer than average" hair isn't going to cut it ( ;) pun intended). It would be like Ariel not being a mermaid. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”