Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
ihr

Re: [3x16] It's Not Easy Being Green

Postby ihr » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:11 pm

I can't wait for Sunday.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:23 pm

I understand people's difficulties with english accents. We do have a lot of them and they all sound so different. Zelena's accent is the standard english accent though (according to linguistics), and so are the accents of most bbc presenters, so i was surprised to find out that some people are having trouble understanding her/them and i am sorry to hear that it is ruining people's viewing pleasure.

To answer your question, i understand the "general american accent" (linguistics again) but i really struggle with texas, bronx and all the deep south accents. The other day i tried to watch dallas buyers club... Hubby had his korean subtitles on, and i had to read those too because i didnt have a clue over what was being said. The korean subtitles were too fast for me, so i had to watch thr movie seperately with english subtitles later on :)
Last edited by eleruen on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleHope

Postby LittleHope » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi everyone! (I am new in the forum :) )

I was thinking...

What if Zelena's father is the Woodsman and she had to sacrifice his heart in order to create the curse, just as Regina did with her own father's heart?

Zelena's father will appear in next episode and if you look at the cast the Woodsman will be in it...
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi little hope-welcome!
I had that same thought as well, that she used the orginal tin mans heart to cast the curse....but i was stumped by her also needing courage and brains. Any ideas?

I am also thinking that either blackbeard or hook is her father (yuck) and is perhaps the Wizard. Also regina used her father as a valet/servant...perhaps there will be a mirroring with walsh as her father (and as the wizard). Someone posted a link to an article saying that walsh was the wizard, but the way it was written it was hard to tell if it is info from the writers or speculation

Re: link at the top of this page---more deaths this season, as some of us speculated.
LittleHope

Postby LittleHope » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Thank you for welcoming me! :)
Maybe the two things are not linked: Zelena used his father's heart (which could ironically be the Woodsman's one) to enact the curse and another one for the Oz thing, together with Charming's Courage and Rumple's Brain... Hook's heart, maybe? I think of him because:
- the references he made to "heart" telling Emma he was happy that she still had one
- there's something wrong with him: Emma thinks he is hiddening something (and we know her power never fails) and he acted in a strange way in some occasions (when she prevented Emma from entering Rumple's hidden prison, for instance)

Maybe the WW has taken his heart and she controls him (and she is the one who sent him to Emma last year)... Ok, I know I put too many things into it, but it's an idea! ;)
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 pm

They stated in another article the Heart she is after is Regina's. she has David's courage, and Rumple's brain.

As for the Heart, I am sure it is the Woodsman she took her fathers heart like Regina did hers.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:14 pm

I really don't have any trouble understanding Zelena. I think most of the actors with non- American accents on Once try to 'soften' their natural accents so they are easier to understand.

I know if I struggle with some of our various American accents that they are probably difficult for non-Americans. The hardest ones for me are Louisiana Cajun/Creole, the Boston-area, the Dakotas, and those from deep in the Smokey Mountains.

It’s looking like the Woodsman might indeed be Zelena’s father. She probably did use his heart to cast this new curse.

As far as the new totems she is collecting: She has Charming’s courage; it’s been speculated that she has Rumple’s brain because she controls him, and there was a reference in a recent article (I think TVGuide.com) about her taking Regina’s heart (or at least a totem of it like she did Charming).
I’m sure this all has to do with her end game, and I’m hoping we have a better picture of what that endgame is after this upcoming episode.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
misy

Postby misy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Welcome LittleHope.

Maybe the WW has taken his heart and she controls him (and she is the one who sent him to Emma last year)...

I agree. I think the same thing. Something is def up with Hook. His facial expressions give it away.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:02 pm

I doubt if it was Hook, how would Hook escaped to meet Emma in NY besides she had Walsh already there. I think it is kind of a Red Herring thing with Hook, or Hook gave up his ship be with Emma.
misy

Postby misy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Hook has proven that he has no problem switching teams if it gets him what he wants.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:29 pm

misy wrote:Hook has proven that he has no problem switching teams if it gets him what he wants.

True but he wants Emma :D
misy

Postby misy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Exactly.....and that's who he went and got :D
LittleHope

Postby LittleHope » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:46 pm

misy wrote:Exactly.....and that's who he went and got :D

That's exactly what I thought!!!
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:57 pm

My opinion on Killian/Hook and whatever he is hiding (feel free to skip ;)):
Spoiler:
One thing we have to remember is that the character of Hook has evolved since he was introduced back in Season 2, much like some of our other favorite characters. He was once driven by revenge, but eventually let his vengeance go in favor of a future. He has a sense of loyalty that was confirmed by A&E when they said he was being truthful with Emma when he told her he would not have abandoned her on that beanstalk as she did him. He was also given the chance to turn on them in NL and leave with Emma (supposedly the only reason he was even there) but he choose to stay and help them save Henry.

Emma and Co. have trusted him to protect Belle, watch over Neal, and in the upcoming episode, it appears he will be doing the same with Henry. Emma would not allow him to be alone with Henry if she didn't trust that he wouldn't turn on them. I think he's proven himself to be on their side, no matter what.

Whatever he is keeping from them, I think he's doing it to protect Emma in some way.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
misy

Postby misy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:13 pm

With Emma as his incentive, Hook would give in to the dark bidding of the 'villain' as he did with Cora and Tamara/ Greg (selfish reasons)...in this case, Zelena (noble(?)reason).
Switching teams to get what he wants....which is Emma.
Last edited by misy on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:17 pm

But he always kind of played fair too Hook did he is no saint but who is. :shrug:
misy

Postby misy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:21 pm

I don't consider betrayal 'playing fair'.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:29 pm

misy wrote:I don't consider betrayal 'playing fair'.

Did he kill any of them Cora, Tamara, Greg

I get it you don't like Hook fine but look I am not a Hook Fan either but I think they are trying to implied that Hook knows more then he is telling or something maybe he does who knows but I doubt if he would help or use the Witch. But I do think Hook would give up anything like his ship to get to Emma for Love but that just me thinking out loud. He is also trying to redeem himself and has been up front with Emma on his feelings he didn't have a Tamara flaunted in front of Emma ever chance he got so I give him credit there but no means he is perfect.
misy

Postby misy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

It's not that I don't like Hook. I just feel he has ulterior motives.
If helping Zelena in some way would get him Emma, he would do it.
The ends justfying the means type thing.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”