TV LINE'S MAJOR DEATH IN SEASON 3

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
The Wiz of Oz

TV LINE'S MAJOR DEATH IN SEASON 3

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:59 pm

http://tvline.com/2014/01/20/once-upon-a-time-death-season-3-spoiler-who-dies/#!1/emmadeath/

By the time ABC’s Once Upon a Time closes the book on its third season, someone will have been definitively denied his or her chance at a happy ending. Because that character will be — gulp — ended.

Series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis tell TVLine exclusively that the fantastical series will be killing off a major character during the second batch of 11 episodes (launching March 9), resulting in the exit of a series regular. “The character dies, for real,” Kitsis makes clear — at which point his/her portrayer will, make no mistake, leave the show.
Every series regular cast member is a possibility – except for Robert Carlyle. The EPs have agreed to rule out that one candidate, seeing as Rumplestiltskin is theoretically already “gone” (having sacrificed himself in the name of vanquishing Peter Pan).

Emma / Jennifer Morrison
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HER | Come on -- it's Emma Swan, the heroine of our story. The heart, the soul. The non-believer turned believer (...turned non-believer) whose journey this is.
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HER | Um... maybe J-Mo has waved the white flag in her ongoing battle with the Vancouver cold...? (Honestly, I've got nothing. Can't be her. Right?)

Snow White / Ginnifer Goodwin
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HER | Snow's go-to motivational word is "hope." If we lose her, we'd lose precisely that.
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HER | Hook did say that Emma's family was in "danger"...

Prince Charming / Josh Dallas
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HIM | Who will "always find" Snow if her prince ceases to be? Plus: Emma/Dad scenes = WIN.
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HIM | Losing her husband at the hand of an evil or wicked foe would make Snow even more determined in her fight for good.

Regina / Lana Parrilla
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HER | The Evil Queen is the yang to Emma's yin. It'd be like a Reese's peanut butter cup minus the peanut butter. In other words: sacrilege!
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HER | Perhaps a certain green witch wins Season 3B's epic battle between "Evil" and "Wicked"?

Henry / Jared Gilmore
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HIM |This isn't some dreary indie film at Sundance. They're not gonna kill off the rugrat. (Besides, didn't he just "die" a few weeks ago?)
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HIM | What if Henry's death -- tragic as it may be -- serves as a catalyst of sorts for Emma, prompting her to embrace her magic... and perhaps in a dark manner? (Ooh, I like that one. Goosebumps.)

Belle / Emilie de Ravin
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HER | Belle has already endured so much (imprisonment, amnesia, distance) and been so patient, waiting for her and Rumple to get their "happy ending." With his return presumably somehow on the horizon, surely her resolve was not all for naught.
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HER | It'll probably take some hefty hocus pocus to bring Rumple back to "life." And you know what the Dark One always says about the cost of magic...

Hook / Colin O'Donoghue
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HIM | Hook presumably traveled back to our realm, to find Emma and Henry, at the risk of great peril. How tragic were the pirate to perish after all that heroic effort!
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HIM | Or... would such an outcome be more ironic than tragic? After all, we have oft been told, villains don't get happy endings

Neal / Michael Raymond-James
WHY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HIM | So much of the past year has been about Henry's parents laboring to reconnect, to find the time (or at least be in the same realm!) to smooth out their thus-far rocky romance. Plus, as Neal said before Emma departed the vanishing Storybrooke: "This isn't over." Ergo, he can't be over.
WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HIM | Hmm, in reviewing all that Neal and Emma have endured -- yet to little romantic effect -- maybe these two are simply not meant to be?

I cant stand Hook and would love for him to die, but a have feeling Ginny or Josh might want to b a fulltime mom or dad.. So I'm guessing Snow or David is going to kick the can
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Mrs. Gold

Re: TV LINE'S MAJOR DEATH IN SEASON 3

Postby Mrs. Gold » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:42 pm

I think it's either Hook or Neal. I hope it's Hook because I can't stand him.
ForeverNate85

Postby ForeverNate85 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Mrs. Gold wrote:I think it's either Hook or Neal. I hope it's Hook because I can't stand him.

I second that!
"All magic comes with a price" - Rumpelstiltskin
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 pm

My money's on Hook. Everyone already went through mourning for Neal. How can they do that again without it being a touch silly?
esmeraude

Postby esmeraude » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm hoping for Henry but I think it's going to be Hook. I can see him sacrificing himself for Emma.
ihr

Postby ihr » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Yes, I hope Henry or Hook too, but my money is on Neal. I have a feeling that the actor who plays him is bored and wants out. Who can blame him?
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:08 pm

I honestly think it's Hook. The rest of the characters are connected to each other, and Hook's arc is pretty much done and over with. What else can he do, really, without the writers making it seem forced?

It's poetic, really, like Matt said.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 pm

I hope it is Neal or Belle don't like either of them. Rumor has been Belle last week but Adam denied it.

Hook, quit his band to be on Once and just had a baby so I seriously don't think it is him. He isn't my favorite but I would take him over Neal or Belle sorry.
Mrs. Gold

Postby Mrs. Gold » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 pm

ihr wrote:but my money is on Neal. I have a feeling that the actor who plays him is bored and wants out. Who can blame him?

That's what I fear. Neal's character isn't very interesting and if Michael Raymond-James got an offer for a more interesting role I could understand if he'd want to leave. I still hope that it's not him, though. He already "died" once and it would be so repetitive if Emma, Henry and Rumple had to mourn him again. His character is much more crucial in the overall storyline than Hook's since he's been the reason for Rumple's creation of the Dark Curse and he is also the father of the saviour's child. I hope he is not killed and will get more interesting things to do in the future.

Hook's character never fit into the series, in my opinion, and I never understood why they kept him so long (I had expected him to die during season 2). Unfortunately, he seems to have a lot of fans (unlike Neal who seems to be disliked by many) and I can't imagine that they would kill a fan favourite unless he wants to leave the show.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 pm

killing Neal seems so repetitive. he has already been "killed" once. why go through the headache again. In a perfect world Hook would have been killed by Pan
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:39 pm

David would be repetitive too being that he wasnt suppose it make past the pilot episode and he faced death again this season. Henry has faced death twice already. Snow has faced it.

It needs to be someone who hasn't faced death. Which is Hook, Belle, and Regina
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Hook. His story line really ended when they came back from Neverland. Not to mention that if he left the show for good there wouldn't be anything lacking in the flashbacks. If Snow or Charming dies, we'll notice they are gone in flashbacks. Hooks in Neverland during most of the flashbacks so there is no problem. This second half he'll get his time with Emma, bonding, yadayadayada, and go out as a hero (but stylishly as only Hook can).
If not Hook than Bae.
Last edited by Montreat11 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 am

The photo on the top of this webpage says that Henry Dies :egad:

WHY IT CAN’T POSSIBLY BE HIM |This isn’t some dreary indie film at Sundance. They’re not gonna kill off the rugrat. (Besides, didn’t he just “die” a few weeks ago?)

WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HIM | What if Henry’s death — tragic as it may be — serves as a catalyst of sorts for Emma, prompting her to embrace her magic… and perhaps in a dark manner? (Ooh, I like that one. Goosebumps.)

Now if you go to this website that was posted 2 hrs ago

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-once ... 01087.html

You see Henry’s photo on top says “Henry Death”
MrsKillianCassidy

Postby MrsKillianCassidy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:32 am

I think Hook will die, so he can join the muchly anticipated and hoped for Neverland spin-off. I think he will die in a heroic moment where he sacrifices himself for Emma or Henry, or someone Emma loves {like Snow or even maybe NealFire!} and that will redeem his villianess ways.
esmeraude

Postby esmeraude » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:53 am

HappyEndings wrote:The photo on the top of this webpage says that Henry Dies :egad:

WHY IT CAN’T POSSIBLY BE HIM |This isn’t some dreary indie film at Sundance. They’re not gonna kill off the rugrat. (Besides, didn’t he just “die” a few weeks ago?)

WHY IT JUST MIGHT BE HIM | What if Henry’s death — tragic as it may be — serves as a catalyst of sorts for Emma, prompting her to embrace her magic… and perhaps in a dark manner? (Ooh, I like that one. Goosebumps.)

Now if you go to this website that was posted 2 hrs ago

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-once ... 01087.html

You see Henry’s photo on top says “Henry Death”

Each photo in the slideshow has the respective character's death (EmmaDeath, Snow-WhiteDeath, etc.)
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:48 am

I'm really "deathly" tired of these writers killing off ANYONE instead of just writing good cohesive plotlines that delve into and explore/grow/expand the characters that they have put so much effort in to create in the first place.

Whether I like them or not, I don't want any of them to die. I want the writers to create and keep the OUAT worlds going, thank-you.

This kind of tease is not only meanly unfair, it is a cheap plot device- a sign of an absence of thoughtful, creative writing, and it is a disservice to the fans.
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:30 am

Two weeks ago or so, way before this awful spoiler (alas, unavoidable) a member "Regina" posted a topic in which she says Lana wants to leave the show. She couldn't provide the source so I dismissed it, but unfortunately for me I remembered it as well.

AND now this!
I can't get it out of my head, I fear it could really be Regina. Seems they said a character you least expect. I mean, if they kill her, I'll be watching for Emma and Rumple but with 50% less enthusiasm.
This spoiler totally spoiled it for me, I can't enjoy the second part of S3 and Outlaw Queen properly with this thought. I also know it would be totally crazy to kill her off, but we don't know the circumstances. What if "Regina"'s post is true? :roll:

I want to be wrong.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:20 pm

I seriously doubt our beloved wicked queen will be going anywhere :) She is essential to the lifeblood of the show. They would be cutting their own throats in discarding her. Not that series creators haven't pulled braindead stunts before, but destroying Regina would be nothing but suicidal. (and addressing another opinion, I so LOVE your reasoning, Green...snork ;) )

RANT to FOLLOW, skip to my last line if you actually thrive on harmful chaos!

I still, even with my personal favorites I am pulling for (luscious leather dude with a sultry 'tude :P ), think that this kind of *spoilery* habitually practiced by the show's creators is spoiling nothing but the fandom of the show. Maintaining hiatus media attention is one thing...but they constantly jerk the loyal audience around. Their idea of creating drama like this is only creating anxiety and in my case, disgust, that they feed this frenzy of killjoy (or :blah: nothingness) spoilers to the fans when they should be focusing less on Twitter/Internet games and more on developing detailed plots that actually fill some gaping holes they have created over time. For the love that fans give this show, we deserve better treatment.

I know, I am an old school type fan who has been around pre-Internet and through decades of TV series crapppp (grin) that is, bottom line, always based on $$$$$~ not fans' feelings, but audiences don't need series creators habitually and thoughtlessly yanking their chains and causing internal canibalism in addition their being the low *man* on the totem pole in the scheme of TV show success.

Fan outrage can SOMETIMES have an effect, but outraging the fans has never been an intelligent move.

Last Line: I am always pissed that they resort to this crap. :twisted:
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Her Mayorness wrote:Two weeks ago or so, way before this awful spoiler (alas, unavoidable) a member "Regina" posted a topic in which she says Lana wants to leave the show. She couldn't provide the source so I dismissed it, but unfortunately for me I remembered it as well.

AND now this!
I can't get it out of my head, I fear it could really be Regina. Seems they said a character you least expect. I mean, if they kill her, I'll be watching for Emma and Rumple but with 50% less enthusiasm.
This spoiler totally spoiled it for me, I can't enjoy the second part of S3 and Outlaw Queen properly with this thought. I also know it would be totally crazy to kill her off, but we don't know the circumstances. What if "Regina"'s post is true? :roll:

I want to be wrong.

Do you have the like to that posting on Regina? :egad: I love her as the Evil Queen maybe that is who is likes to be too. Rumple loves playing Rumple vs Mr. God.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2463&p=49654#p49654

I am still mortified.
Maybe they are planning to end the show, who knows.. damn.
I want to be sure like I was sure Rumple will return, but now. I really don't know what to think or how to calm down. :?
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”