TV LINE'S MAJOR DEATH IN SEASON 3

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
aeverett

Re: TV LINE'S MAJOR DEATH IN SEASON 3

Postby aeverett » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Her Mayorness wrote:Two weeks ago or so, way before this awful spoiler (alas, unavoidable) a member "Regina" posted a topic in which she says Lana wants to leave the show. She couldn't provide the source so I dismissed it, but unfortunately for me I remembered it as well.

AND now this!
I can't get it out of my head, I fear it could really be Regina. Seems they said a character you least expect. I mean, if they kill her, I'll be watching for Emma and Rumple but with 50% less enthusiasm.
This spoiler totally spoiled it for me, I can't enjoy the second part of S3 and Outlaw Queen properly with this thought. I also know it would be totally crazy to kill her off, but we don't know the circumstances. What if "Regina"'s post is true? :roll:

I want to be wrong.

If I was making the decision, I would prefer it be Regina. Now, let me add that she's my favorite character by far, but really all the show has done is made her suffer. Maid Marion's seconds aren't enough to make up for all she's lost. She deserves a redemptive death, a clean break, and a chance to find her happy ending in the afterlife. After all, aren't true loves supposed to always find one another. She never got a chance to find Daniel. In death she would have her true love. In death she could work to make amends to her father. In death she could be loved by her mother who died with her heart. And decades from now she could be reunited with Henry when he dies an old, accomplished, well-loved man. She can have her happy ending by ending and that has always been the character's goal. Once she's redeemed herself to the Enchanted Forest, her storyline is done. We should let her go and remember her well.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Aeverett, I agree with everything you say, as long as we get to see her in her afterlife, which I doubt.

As for the storyline, she can have a new one. ..

I just don't want Lana Parrilla to go anywhere and that's my only problem with the whole killing-off thing.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
mindygirl

Postby mindygirl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Regina's death would be equivalent to watching Sherlock jump off that roof a couple years ago. She is the only character I would truly mourn. I'm voting Neal though. Wanna talk about someone's arc being over?? What a yawnfest. If I was Michael Raymond-James, I would want to leave. Plus, (once she grieved) that would allow an Emma and Hook love story, without the awkward baby daddy standing just off to the side in every shot, looking like a middle school girl watching her crush dance with someone else.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:51 am

As long as it isn't Regina, then its all good.

I hoping for Charming, Hook or Neil to be killed off.
I also agree that either Ginny or Josh might want to leave the show to take care of the little one. Which pins the suspicion on Charming leaving.
Charming leaving could turn Snow dark...if the world-building rules are kept to,something I would like to see.

They are also bringing
Spoiler:
blackbeard
so it seems that the writers are dragging out Hooks seemingly-almost-spent story as long as possible. Does this character appear in Hook's past or the present/future, I wonder? If the latter then I wonder if he will die at this character's hands?

I can't see any use for Neil either. I cannot think what else he can do to further the plot.

It really is a mystery!
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:33 pm

I also read that thread topic alledging that Lana was leaving the show? The source was never provided, I wish it had been. Because that rumor has the wheels in my head turning. Especially since I was reading at another spoiler thread and the fans were discussing alleged tweets taken down and a PA alledging that the actor|actress supposedly leaving wanted off the show? They were not happy with their role. I read some of it but they didn't give the source link, just hand-scribed the tweet responses but I wanted to go find it myself without much luck. If any of it is true or to be believed, it sounds like this was possibly not a writing decision but a personal decision by a cast member. The writers might now be using the opportunity to write a shocking death to move the story along. Not stating all this as absolute fact, just possible speculation based on some of what I read.

I know alot of people are targeting Neal as the obvious choice, but I do not know. If this truly is an actor's decision, it is not about who someone would prefer to see go. It could be anybody of the main cast even though I 1000% do not want it to be Regina. :( Would also 100% suck for anyone with expectations for Outlaw Queen. That relationship certainly would not be progressing very far except for what might be shown in EF flashbacks.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 am

It was a PA person representing the actor that said she/he was leaving right? I doubt a PA would be that indiscreet, unless they are very inexperienced or there has been some communication hiccup.

Re: LP

If it is true that she is unhappy with her role, I wouldn't blame her. Her character hasn't been fleshed out enough in certain areas to make her turn to the dark side completely believable. I don't think Daniel's death would have been enough to send her that far over the edge. It would make her unpleasant but not a mass murderer and a rapist. We see her mother criticizing her, and grabbing her with branches, but we don't see enough to figure out how much of this went on and if she was abused, to what extent. Also we don't know enough about how the King treated her.

Moreover, the actress is not always told enough in advance to make a believable character arc-these days when we see flashbacks I have a hard time placing where she is at on the time line judging only by where the character is at emotionally. If I was playing the EQ, I wouldn't be satisfied and I would move on, really I would. She is also in danger of being type-cast as this is her first role that has gone beyond more than a single season, and it would be important for to move onto other projects as soon as possible, unless they up her salary to keep her on board.

However, we don't know for sure if any of the actors are leaving because they are disatisfied, or even which actor it is. It could also some fan or hater spreading false rumors on the internet to stir up trouble.

I think the actor playing Neil has reason to be disatisfied too. The only thing he has done so far is jump out of a window to get to NL, and made one attempt on his own to save Henry. After that he hasn't been useful.

For my own satisfaction as a viewer, I am praying that it is Neil that goes. LP has good reason to be unhappy too, but if she left, I would have to stop watching.
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:27 am

Not exactly sure who the PA was but the tweets were allegedly from a 'pariya habbo?' Now, I tried a search to try and find the hand-scribed tweets but, lol, then again, I am not very Twitter savy since I don't go there. Only really read what other posters link or provide but from what I understood, this PA is a 'she.' The gist of the alleged tweets was that this person was in the shuttle with the crew. She was privy to a handful of supposed gossip about the cast, stuff she didn't need to hear. I guess she claimed the crew blurted out who was leaving the show and being killed, and only remembered to announce 'spoiler alert' after the fact, which appeared to annoy her since she responded to this with a 'grrr.' Supposedly, this same person allegedly trashes their trailer, lol, she made a quick crack how that might be enough to get someone booted off the show, but ended by saying they were unhappy with the role, hinting towards the notion they want out. Now, if any of this is true, perhaps these were a part of tweets allegedly deleted? Who knows.

I definitely understand and agree regarding the points on the direction and handling of LP|Regina's character, if this possibly drove LP to want to leave the show. I mean, I was downright discouraged in the second half of S2, the writing just felt like it did not know what it wanted to do with her character arc, redeem her or keep her Evil. Redeem her or keep her evil. Plus all the constant darkness and gloom surrounding her character was getting depressing and hard to watch and for a moment, it appeared like ABC and co. wanted to solely revert her back into a one dimensional evil character after all the hard work LP put into giving her character depth and complexity. Who even knows ... maybe future direction is a turn off, she possibly could have an inkling into something we do not, like reverting her once again? Seems implausible with Outlaw Queen supposedly on the writing horizon but nothing about how that relationship might be tackled is for certain at this point. People I am sure are speculating for the better, more positive outcome for such a relationship but, hey. Nothing is canon until shown. I would get being unhappy with this kind of wishy-washy writing. It gets confusing and could probably make someone lose touch with the character. This is all mere speculation of course.

There are others who I feel could certainly fit the 'bill' of being unhappy with their role. Emilie de Ravin|Belle certainly comes to mind. She is shoved in the background alot, barely gets development in Rumbelle, and I do feel bad for her fans and see their point. MRJ can come to mind, maybe the thought of Neal being reduced to nothing more than a possible pawn for a love triangle isn't so appealing. Couldn't blame him if that were the case.

Whomever it is, and if any of this speculation is true, I do wonder if the actor would give any insight to the fanbase as to why they were unhappy with the role and wanted to leave. Perhaps once their ties are cut from the show. Sure, it could be rumor being spread. Someone did bring up a valid point though that they confirmed this so soon, almost as if protocol made it so because it got leaked accidentally. If this was a writing decision only, usually they would wait to promote it like hell once the show is back or close to returning to try and draw the viewership back. Hm. Don't know for sure either way but I would have to say it for myself as well. If Regina goes, I will likely not watch. Maybe to finish out the season, but next season I wouldn't bother. Even if it was LP's decision and she had good reason.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

@FairyDust: Here is the profile of a "Pariyah Habbo". He or she indeed works in the industry, judging by one tweet this person has. This is the only profile I found under this exact name.

https://twitter.com/PHabbo

In all honesty, I don't see exactly why Lana would be dissatisfied with the overall role of The Evil Queen/Regina Mills. She's always stated she loved playing TEQ, and as for Regina Mills in Season 2, there has been a fine emotional development of that character, and I don't see any herky-jerky things with her character. It's good they tried to redeem herself because both characters would be just one-dimensional and boring if they remained plain evil/bad all the time. It is only a natural flaw of events that she wanted to try to redeem herself after the curse had been broken for Henry's sake. I loved her emotional performance during that period. Of course, she had to revert to bad after MM *beep* it all up and killed Cora (from Regina's point of view)and to my understanding she is now somewhere in-between good and bad.
The new arc with Wicked will give her opportunity to be bad again, but indeed if there aren't flashbacks of the Evil Queen planned for the future episodes - then...

I am not sure any more. I know actors have a 5-year contract for the show, and they should stick to it because the whole series depends on one of the 5 main actors. Still, why would anyone want to give up their job even if they aren't 100% happy with where their character is going. I want to believe it's one of guest stars.

Eleruen: It's not difficult to place Regina in timeline. If you have a problem, here is the video with full Regina timeline in Fairy Tale land (also S1 and S2 Storybrooke), wrapped in spoiler for the quicker opening of this page.

Spoiler:
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Her Mayorness wrote:@FairyDust: Here is the profile of a "Pariyah Habbo". He or she indeed works in the industry, judging by one tweet this person has. This is the only profile I found under this exact name.

https://twitter.com/PHabbo

:) Thank you for providing the link. I scanned the January tweets, no luck. There are some random tweets that mention the OUAT cast and one area of dicussion that references how she can not say and the person will just have to wait and see but other than that, if they once existed, those particular tweets were most likely removed by now.

In all honesty, I don't see exactly why Lana would be dissatisfied with the overall role of The Evil Queen/Regina Mills. She's always stated she loved playing TEQ, and as for Regina Mills in Season 2, there has been a fine emotional development of that character, and I don't see any herky-jerky things with her character. It's good they tried to redeem herself because both characters would be just one-dimensional and boring if they remained plain evil/bad all the time. It is only a natural flaw of events that she wanted to try to redeem herself after the curse had been broken for Henry's sake. I loved her emotional performance during that period. Of course, she had to revert to bad after MM *beep* it all up and killed Cora (from Regina's point of view)and to my understanding she is now somewhere in-between good and bad.
The new arc with Wicked will give her opportunity to be bad again, but indeed if there aren't flashbacks of the Evil Queen planned for the future episodes - then...

I agree completely regarding the redemption aspect. It is what completely tuned me into Regina, the complexity of her tragic past, combined with her desire to want to change and do right by Henry. Lana's acting just throws it out of the park for me. She is the main reason I stuck it out and gave S3 a shot. In all honesty, during the second part of S2, I was seriously contemplating giving up the show all together. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the others, but for me, Lana and Robert (and even JMo) are the strongest presence, and as far as proper development to a redemption arc goes, I thought they seriously dropped the ball after the first part of S2.

The rest is basically perspective but there were those of us Regina fans, myself included, who felt the writing for Regina got wishy-washy, in regards to her redemption story by the end of s2. I mean, as a fan, I was viewing it one way, but at the time it did not help when you had the creators basically answering fan inquiries about her by reinforcing that she is evil, clashing with the perceived idea that she had started a redemption arc but had a backslide because of Cora coming back into the picture. That is what I mean by how it became confusing. I do remember LP saying something to the effect at the time, that in the first part of the season, she was playing it true to a redemption, that Regina was being sincere with wanting to change. A quick example of the flimsy writing in part 2 of s2? In one episode, Regina gives in and destroys the spell to make Henry love her. She does this for him. Earlier with Cora, she already acknowledged killing either emma or MM was something Henry would never forgive. Yet, close to the s2 finale, they have Regina planting the idea to Henry that she will use the failsafe to take Henry with her but destroy everyone else in the process? Then she wipes his memory. *sighs* Thankfully, they went back to a redemptive avenue by the end of the finale because before all that, it appeared to highlight exactly what the creators were reinforcing: how evil she still is. The portrayals in SB were clashing with one another and that is what I mean by maybe it was possibly getting more difficult for Lana to keep a handle on what direction the writng wanted this character to go in.

Now that was s2. I liked the first half, but once the Outsider got introduced, they were rushing and doing things too fast to set up for the neverland arc. We are currently in s3 and the writing appears to have kept on track with the redemption path and Outlaw Queen seems to be on the horizon. So, I do concur that I might have some difficulty in comprehending why LP could possibly be displeased with her current role that appears to have alot of ground and story to cover. Of course, lol, I am not inside anybody's head, so I can not speak for them. To be honest, if it was her, it would take me by complete surprise ... If I did not have an inkling into that rumor alleging LP leaving. Now I have to consider that it is at least possible.

not sure any more. I know actors have a 5-year contract for the show, and they should stick to it because the whole series depends on one of the 5 main actors. Still, why would anyone want to give up their job even if they aren't 100% happy with where their character is going. I want to believe it's one of guest stars.

I pretty much feel the same. Unsure. One thing that does appear certain though by TVLine source, is that it is definitely one of the main remaining 8 (as RC was discounted), Emma, Regina, Henry, Snow, Charming, Hook, Neal, or Belle. Alot of possibilities and possible reasons. Not sure if maybe someone could be unhappy about airtime, or their character's involvement or possible direction? I guess we might only truly know the truth after the fact and whether or not they choose to share the reason behind their departure: writing decision or personal choice?

They do have the contract but there are ways to be let out, if both parties agree. And if this is such a big character, why agree to break it, if it could potentionally mess up the vision of the story? All valid inquiries, I guess, but I guess the writing made it work.
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:19 am

I came across this today:

http://lexijeter.tumblr.com/post/74998256367/the-traveling-jersey-visits-the-once-upon-a-time

Apparently, these photos were leaked and they appear to help lend more credence to the death many were speculating. I guess there was some speculation by other fans if maybe this particular day of shooting might have taken place in a cemetary (aka. Possible funeral?). Some were speculating this based on the way some of them were dressed up. Notably, the cast member absent:

Spoiler:
MRJ. Others also noted they all appeared to be signing something ... A shirt with the name O'Neil? Possibly a farewell parting gift by the cast to him in honor of his portrayal of Neal? Personally, I found it a bit unclear whether the jersey was brought there by the visit or did the visit uncover the jersey? However, given the link reference, sounds like the jersey was likely brought there. Merely a coincidence with the name. But still, MRJ being the only series regular absent from this can be questionable. Jersey or no jersey.

I would not say this is proof positive or confirms anything 100%. So I would definitely still keep that in mind. But I think it does provide more speculation into the death and who it could be.
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:09 am

they are not photos that were leaked. they were taken by a fan who was visiting the set that day. there are 2 more photos on another tumblr page of a scene taking place at a gravesite. in them, snow is standing by herself next to the plot, while others are standing at the foot of the grave. i am endeavoring to relocate them.

this is the story behind the jersey signing. it has nothing to do with neal.
http://www.delta-optimist.com/tsawwasse ... e-1.800407

edit: nevermind....gravesite photos were of archie's funeral.

the onsite photos from the above mentioned tumblr, were being filmed at a cemetary, though.
Last edited by Aura Liuli on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:15 am

That shirt is for a woman who has CANCER. It has NOTHING to do with any actor or character. For all you know, they got MRJ AND Bobby (he's missing too, don't you see?)'s signatures indoors somewhere away from the annoying paparazzi.

Quoted directly from that link:

Once Upon a Time, our team mate, Danna B, dreamed up a very special adventure for our #14 to visit Storybrooke. She spent the day with the handsome Colin O’Donoghue (Captain Hook) who took her around the set to meet almost the entire cast and crew of the hit TV show. The crew kindly signed the jersey and Colin captured the day with his camera. A very special thank you to Colin and the rest of the cast and crew who took the time to meet our #14:

Mario VanPeebles (Director and Actor), Jennifer Morrison (Emma Swan), Emilie de Ravin (Belle), Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White), Josh Dallas (Prince Charming), Jared Gilmore (Henry), Keegan Connor Tracy (Blue Fairy), Rose McIver (Tinkerbell), Sean Maguire (Robin Hood) and Lana Parilla (Evil Queen).

What a wonderful group of people who were happy to have our #14 spend the day with them and they wish our Irene all the best.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Yes, read all of that already, mysticalflute. It is there when you click the link, it can be read underneath the photos. Also, I already stated what I thought about the jersey, so the refutals are just basically repeating what I concluded under the spoiler tag ... that the jersey was brought there to be signed. I was just sharing some of what others were thinking and jumping to conclusions with, that is all. What was being looked at was the absence of the one series regular from whatever that was, ie. A possible shooting day, event etc. Someone, a fan at another board, then mentioned how A&E might be pissed about photos like that being leaked out there if it helped to connect the dots. You do not have to concur, it is merely possible speculation. Also, no need to shout with ALL CAPS, I can read just fine with out them, thank you.

Oh, and RC was already eliminated as one of the possibilities. His character was last seen supposedly dying in the fall finale episode that aired. That is why they already took the liberty to refute him as one of the choices to be leaving. We don't know when he will be brought back exactly for the first time, what scenes, nothing is confirmed publically about his character's fate. Process of elimination is a bit easier for me on this one. Robert might not have been filming due to the secrecy surrounding exactly when his character will show up again and that is ample enough reason on why he was possibly not there or available for a photo opp. Sure, we can speculate the same for MRJ, but the fact that Bobby is not one of the choices they are talking about, combined with the fact that all the other 7 series regulars, plus the actress who plays Tink and somebody new, are all present and accounted for, does at least make 'Neal's absence more suspect in my opinion. Sorry. Of course, once again, this is not 100% proof of anything like I already stated in my first post about this.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 am

Her Mayorness wrote:.

Eleruen: It's not difficult to place Regina in timeline. If you have a problem, here is the video with full Regina timeline in Fairy Tale land (also S1 and S2 Storybrooke), wrapped in spoiler for the quicker opening of this page.

Spoiler:

You are right. It isn't. I said that it is difficult to do so based solely on her emotions. The point is that the arc for the character's moods and behaviour post becoming EQ doesn't feel like an arc at all. It feels like a jumbled up mess, from an emotional point of view (not a plot point of view).

I would also like to add that it is sometimes hard to do based on her make up an costume too (her EQ ones only). It has been said (by LP herself, I think) that the higher her hair and the crazier her makeup, the crazier she is (psychologically, not just emotionally). But even right at the end just before she casts the curse we see her up hair in a high ponytail and minimalist makeup (comparitively speaking, for the EQ)and then suddenly we have her with crazy hair and make up while the curse is actually being cast. This is just a quick example, but if you look back at her costumes and make up throughout the time line after she became EQ, then you will see that there is no consistent movement towards crazy.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:16 am

Unlike a lot of people, I found the flip flopping of Regina in the second half of S2 realistic. Just as drug/smoking/drinking/gambling (etc) addicts flip flop when coming off their personal 'drug', so does Regina when coming off magic. Its the same for psychological problems and behavioural habits. It is hard to change after being a certain way for a long time, and people do revert back to their comfort zones on the road to improvement. For me, it was one of the more intelligent story lines.

I was very disappointed with the mind wiping thing though. The writers said that this wasn't abuse, just her feeling lonely and wanting talking to someone, (on the official podcast) but I beg to differ. What the audience sees as abusive and what the writers see as abusive seems to be world's apart.

Anywayz I am still going with Neil as the main character to be killed off ( he was promoted to main cast member for this season). Hurry up season 3 part B!
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:21 am

@ eleruen:

You are right. It would be realistic for Regina to slip and revert before picking herself back up again. I was fine with that because I thought the writing onscreen was initially doing that. What made it strange for me was what was being said offscreen and what was happening onscreen clashed in my mind when the creators reverted back to saying she was just evil. Then I was being forced to look at it like they were just keeping her evil and washing the redemption SL completely. Glad they didn't but it would not be the first time for me that writers|creators say something different offscreen from what I see onscreen.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 am

FairyDust wrote:@ eleruen:

You are right. It would be realistic for Regina to slip and revert before picking herself back up again. I was fine with that because I thought the writing onscreen was initially doing that. What made it strange for me was what was being said offscreen and what was happening onscreen clashed in my mind when the creators reverted back to saying she was just evil. Then I was being forced to look at it like they were just keeping her evil and washing the redemption SL completely. Glad they didn't but it would not be the first time for me that writers|creators say something different offscreen from what I see onscreen.

Yes, I can see why that's confusing.

This is yet another example of the audience interpreting things differently to how the writers intended for things to be interpreted, and ideas clashing in people's heads. I think the writers need to just not comment on their own show :D I've noticed that there has been no official podcast for season 3 so far...maybe they have given up?
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Um, quite a lot has been said here, not even sure which topic I should address first!

Whether placed it timeline or not, I don't see the problem with anything, either emotional or dress and hair-up wise. :) For me, Regina's emotional journey in S2 Storybrooke is quite ok and has its natural flow. First she uses magic to get Henry back, then she sees it's a bad idea and decides to redeem herself for Henry's sake. She tries and does some good, but then she also realizes she won't easily be forgiven, add to it Hopper's "betrayal" and with the help of Cora, she totally allows to be fully manipulated by her and acts like a zombie or a person without will up to Cora's death. Then she's driven by revenge once again till Henry puts an end to it. Etc etc all till "Let me die as Regina" moment.

I understand the annoyance with the memory wiping thing, but even that I can place somewhere. She did it as the just one last try to see if Henry would by any chance approve it. Maybe she needed to see his negative reaction... She should've known better, but I don't mind the scene and I don't find it that horribly wrong in the sense of writing a plot.

@Eleruen - I did not know what Lana had said about the hair and makeup, very amusing! Oh and maybe the ponytail scene was just a more relaxed home/castle version. When she went out, she would puff on something more striking to wear, I suppose. :D
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:44 am

Her Mayorness wrote:Um, quite a lot has been said here, not even sure which topic I should address first!

Whether placed it timeline or not, I don't see the problem with anything, either emotional or dress and hair-up wise. :) For me, Regina's emotional journey in S2 Storybrooke is quite ok and has its natural flow. First she uses magic to get Henry back, then she sees it's a bad idea and decides to redeem herself for Henry's sake. She tries and does some good, but then she also realizes she won't easily be forgiven, add to it Hopper's "betrayal" and with the help of Cora, she totally allows to be fully manipulated by her and acts like a zombie or a person without will up to Cora's death. Then she's driven by revenge once again till Henry puts an end to it. Etc etc all till "Let me die as Regina" moment.

I understand the annoyance with the memory wiping thing, but even that I can place somewhere. She did it as the just one last try to see if Henry would by any chance approve it. Maybe she needed to see his negative reaction... She should've known better, but I don't mind the scene and I don't find it that horribly wrong in the sense of writing a plot.

@Eleruen - I did not know what Lana had said about the hair and makeup, very amusing! Oh and maybe the ponytail scene was just a more relaxed home/castle version. When she went out, she would puff on something more striking to wear, I suppose. :D

Yes, her emotional/psychological arc is perfect for SB. Its the EF flashbacks post becoming the evil queen that I find a bit inconsistent.
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 am

Ellen wrote:My money's on Hook. Everyone already went through mourning for Neal. How can they do that again without it being a touch silly?

I hope that Neal dies, but I fear he won't. If it's Hook . . . screw this show.

Unlike a lot of people, I found the flip flopping of Regina in the second half of S2 realistic. Just as drug/smoking/drinking/gambling (etc) addicts flip flop when coming off their personal 'drug', so does Regina when coming off magic.

I find this idea about Regina being addicted to magic incredibly stupid and infantile . . . and also a sign of bad writing. Magic did not make Regina evil. Her inability to get over Daniel's death and her desire for revenge led her down that path.

I cannot believe that Horowitz and Kitsis would resort to something so infantile by making magic the "boogeyman" for Regina's moral compass.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”