[3x18] Bleeding Through Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
The Wiz of Oz

[3x18] Bleeding Through Spoilers

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Actress Rose McGowan has signed on to reprise her role as the youthful version of the villainous Queen of Hearts.

McGowan (Charmed, Death Proof) previously played Cora in the pivotal episode “The Miller’s Daughter” last March, which was an origin story for the character (normally played by Barbara Hershey) and also showed her death. The character hasn’t been on the show since. McGowan will return to Once Upon in the 18th episode this season.

Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
eleruen

Re: [3x18] ? Spoilers

Postby eleruen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:18 am

:D :heart: yey!

I wonder why they brought her back? I wonder what other part of Cora's young adult life needs telling? Does she have a connection with WWW? Sisters? Apprentice's together under Rumple?
Is WWW Regina's younger sister who got stolen by and then taught by Rumple?

I hope we get to see toddler Regina :D
Last edited by eleruen on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 pm

eleruen wrote::D :heart: yey!

I wonder why they brought her back? I wonder what part of Cora's young adult life needs telling? Does she have a connection with WWW? Sisters? Apprentice's together under Rumple?
Is WWW Regina's younger sister who got stolen by and then taught by Rumple?

I hope we get to see toddler Regina :D

I'm hoping we see a bit more of what really set Cora against Eva. I mean, just being tripped doesn't usually set someone off. I know others have looked at Regina's reaction to Snow's betrayal in 'The Stable Boy' in the same light, but Snow's breaking her promise got a man killed and set in motion events that condemned Regina to at least a decade trapped in an unhappy marriage. Eva's tripping Cora doesn't seem to have had any long term effects and in the end, Cora won the prize to be Prince Henry's bride. Eva went home empty handed. There has to have been more to the story beyond a teenager's nasty prank and I hope that issue is addressed.
MissCaptainSwanFanx

Postby MissCaptainSwanFanx » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Cora returning WITCHCRAFT
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:21 pm

aeverett wrote:I'm hoping we see a bit more of what really set Cora against Eva. I mean, just being tripped doesn't usually set someone off. I know others have looked at Regina's reaction to Snow's betrayal in 'The Stable Boy' in the same light, but Snow's breaking her promise got a man killed and set in motion events that condemned Regina to at least a decade trapped in an unhappy marriage. Eva's tripping Cora doesn't seem to have had any long term effects and in the end, Cora won the prize to be Prince Henry's bride. Eva went home empty handed. There has to have been more to the story beyond a teenager's nasty prank and I hope that issue is addressed.

YES! Please.
Even if the trip was just a catalyst, there must have been more to this. I'd like to see Eva and Cora after Cora's wedding, also Eva's transformation from a mean girl to a kind and gentle queen.

As for Cora and Wicked being sisters... I read lots of speculations that Wicked is Cora's daughter. I don't mind a new relation. After all it is just a second relation revealed, after Pan/Malcolm. I don't recall so many relatives being revealed in S1&2? If I am wrong, remind me please. I would in fact like to see more characters from that mess of a family tree revealed.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 am

I think this might be the final battle that Rumple and Cora had in wish Rumple said he won but Regina stated that isn't how her mother told her. :shrug:
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:33 am

I would love to see more of Eva/Cora! But we haven't heard the news about the actress who played Eva coming back. It would be strange to have an epic bitch fight/moment between them be merely mentioned via dialogue.

I would also like to have the scene where Rumple tells young Regina that the last time they met, she was more portable explained, or even shown.Perhaps this would be the ep to do it?

And just how did Cora acquire Rumple's book? The battle Happy Endings mentioned?

And why were they living in just a small manor house (in SW father's kingdom?). Was Cora seeking protection?

Writers please answer these questions, please answer these questions....!
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:00 am

Her Mayorness wrote:
aeverett wrote:I'm hoping we see a bit more of what really set Cora against Eva. I mean, just being tripped doesn't usually set someone off. I know others have looked at Regina's reaction to Snow's betrayal in 'The Stable Boy' in the same light, but Snow's breaking her promise got a man killed and set in motion events that condemned Regina to at least a decade trapped in an unhappy marriage. Eva's tripping Cora doesn't seem to have had any long term effects and in the end, Cora won the prize to be Prince Henry's bride. Eva went home empty handed. There has to have been more to the story beyond a teenager's nasty prank and I hope that issue is addressed.

YES! Please.
Even if the trip was just a catalyst, there must have been more to this. I'd like to see Eva and Cora after Cora's wedding, also Eva's transformation from a mean girl to a kind and gentle queen.

As for Cora and Wicked being sisters... I read lots of speculations that Wicked is Cora's daughter. I don't mind a new relation. After all it is just a second relation revealed, after Pan/Malcolm. I don't recall so many relatives being revealed in S1&2? If I am wrong, remind me please. I would in fact like to see more characters from that mess of a family tree revealed.

If u look at every main villain (Rumple, Regina, Cora, and Pan) all have been related to Henry. It wont surprise if WWW is related to him I just hope is through Rumple and not Regina. I cant believe that Neal is Rumple's only child in 300 years and also Rumple only had 3 lovers his whole life. I'm thinking WWW is Rumple's child that he didnt know about VIA whoever is WWW mother
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 am

eleruen wrote:
And why were they living in just a small manor house (in SW father's kingdom?). Was Cora seeking protection?

do u mean the countryside with the manor and stables that Regina, Cora and Henry lived?
tcweh

Postby tcweh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 pm

HappyEndings wrote:I think this might be the final battle that Rumple and Cora had in wish Rumple said he won but Regina stated that isn't how her mother told her. :shrug:

Cora and Rumple actually had a magic duel? I don't recall that ever being implied.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 pm

tcweh wrote:
HappyEndings wrote:I think this might be the final battle that Rumple and Cora had in wish Rumple said he won but Regina stated that isn't how her mother told her. :shrug:

Cora and Rumple actually had a magic duel? I don't recall that ever being implied.

Regina made a comment to Rumple at Granny's when Mr. Gold was having lunch with Belle. They were trying to stop Cora from coming to SB.

Jump to Granny’s Diner, where MR. GOLD and BELLE are sitting at a booth, with Granny serving them hamburgers with a side of snark. Gold explains he has a complicated relationship with Granny, as he does with most in town, but Belle tells him people will get to know him like she did, it will just take time. The two share an intimate moment before Regina storms in, telling Gold they need to talk. Granny and everyone are on edge, but Gold remains calm, saying with false-politeness, “Belle, you remember the woman who locked you up for twenty-eight years.” Regina pushes through Gold’s resistance, telling him her mother is coming to Storybrooke, and reminding him that’s something neither one of them want. Gold says he can defeat Cora, and it’s Regina’s problem., but Regina reminds him that he has someone he cares about; that makes him vulnerable. When Belle asks who Cora is, Gold tells her, “Someone you’ll never meet.” Regina tells Gold that Cora is in the same place as Emma and Snow.

This was from Ep208 Into The Deep
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:59 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
eleruen wrote:

do u mean the countryside with the manor and stables that Regina, Cora and Henry lived?

Yes.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 am

eleruen wrote:
The Wiz of Oz wrote:
eleruen wrote:

Yes.

that was part of King Xavier's (Henry's father) land. just one of many homes the royal family own
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
If u look at every main villain (Rumple, Regina, Cora, and Pan) all have been related to Henry. It wont surprise if WWW is related to him I just hope is through Rumple and not Regina. I cant believe that Neal is Rumple's only child in 300 years and also Rumple only had 3 lovers his whole life. I'm thinking WWW is Rumple's child that he didnt know about VIA whoever is WWW mother

Oh yes, Rumple was the big reveal, that's true. After that, the big surprise was Pan.
I kind of don't count Cora as too strong or a surprising relation to Henry because only blood relations is what matters to me.
We've also known about Cora's existence as of S1E18 and it was clear back then she was Henry's step-grandmother.

Your theory of WWW as Rumple's child is the most plausible and logical. In 300 years only one child and 3 lovers? Rumple knows better than that.

I am hoping for more family members, like Cora's mother, Rumple's mother etc.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
FairyDust

Postby FairyDust » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:09 pm

The fact that young Cora is returning tells me she is likely connected to this whole WWW reveal. Which you know what? It is fine by me, I dont need every new relationship to be Rumple's. He just got the neal relationship resolution and the 'I'm Henry's Grandfather' connection and the 'Pan is my father'reveal to boot for crying out loud. Whether the writing intends it or not (and i am aware it gets denied), emphasis on blood relations appears to take precedence most of the time, whether those relationships be good ones or bad ones. Personally, that annoys me a bit when it comes to certain plot points, but due to this apparently unavoidable writing hole, I am kind of warming up to the Wicked Sisters speculation. Hell, go ahead and make WWW Regina's sister or half-sister, whichever the case may be. As of right now, she is like one of the only main five since s1 with no living blood relationships at all. Go ahead, give Regina one, I say. Everyone else gets them. Twice over sometimes.

I do not find it unrealistic at all that Rumple has not been with other women or that Neal|Bae was his only child in 300 years. He is the dark one, afterall. He closed himself off to everything, all that mattered was using his power to find his only son. The only time in canon there is even a hint of Rumple considering another child of his own is when Cora came into the picture and even then, she started out as a means to an end until he connected to her. She was different, she didn't fear him like I suspect most women would have, disabling him from getting closer to them even if he wanted to. Which is unlikely the case because that is the point of his blowout with Belle, that 'nobody, nobody could love me!' Cora's perceived betrayal only helped to reinforce that, I think. So, yeah I don't view the Dark One as someone who was 'sleeping around' and possibly fathered unknown children.
tcweh

Postby tcweh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 pm

HappyEndings wrote:
tcweh wrote:

Regina made a comment to Rumple at Granny's when Mr. Gold was having lunch with Belle. They were trying to stop Cora from coming to SB.

Jump to Granny’s Diner, where MR. GOLD and BELLE are sitting at a booth, with Granny serving them hamburgers with a side of snark. Gold explains he has a complicated relationship with Granny, as he does with most in town, but Belle tells him people will get to know him like she did, it will just take time. The two share an intimate moment before Regina storms in, telling Gold they need to talk. Granny and everyone are on edge, but Gold remains calm, saying with false-politeness, “Belle, you remember the woman who locked you up for twenty-eight years.” Regina pushes through Gold’s resistance, telling him her mother is coming to Storybrooke, and reminding him that’s something neither one of them want. Gold says he can defeat Cora, and it’s Regina’s problem., but Regina reminds him that he has someone he cares about; that makes him vulnerable. When Belle asks who Cora is, Gold tells her, “Someone you’ll never meet.” Regina tells Gold that Cora is in the same place as Emma and Snow.

This was from Ep208 Into The Deep

I never interpreted it as them actually actually dueling, i assumed Rumple was just implying he could beat Cora simply because he was the master and she was the student (same with him and Regina).
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:25 am

I always kind of assumed "the battle" wasn't so much a battle as getting the better of the other. Rumple wanted her child so that Regina would cast the curse. She might have gotten around their original agreement (making her think she won) but he eventually did get Regina to cast the curse so he "won in the end". And after their break-up I could see how neither would exactly speak highly of the other.
mysticalflute

Postby mysticalflute » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:34 pm

Casting call:

This Once Upon a Time hiatus feels like forever! Got any scoop to help make the remaining month-plus wait more bearable? –Stefanie
If you’re in your mid-30s to early 40s and look like a young Richard Schiff, call your agent now. An Episode 18 flashback will introduce us to Prince Leopold aka the man who will one day be Snow White’s father. The younger Leo is described as grounded, humble and not afraid to open his heart, coveting more from marriage than just a political arrangement. Interestingly, I hear that Rena Sofer will not reprise her role as Ava for this episode. Hmm.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:42 pm

So young Leopold and young Cora in the same episode. Young if we will c young eva and henry again
mysticalflute

Re: [3x18] Bleeding Through Spoilers

Postby mysticalflute » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:07 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”