[3x17] The Jolly Roger Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
BoPeeps

Re: [3x17] The Jolly Roger Spoilers

Postby BoPeeps » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:00 pm

This is part theory from a spoiler so I am putting it here :)

All this jumping/realms/timelines tend to rattle my brain after a work week so
Please pardon if I have missed some deeper discussion points...

It seems that once they are all transported back and end up having a "field" day in the middle of Aurora's and Phillip's picnic that Hook would immediately resort to his pirating soul and want to go get his ship~ and its magic realm-sailing propensities~ in order to find his lady love.

No taxis being handy, he grabs the nearest horse ( deep soul shuddering sigh ~ there is something umppphh about a man on a horse, baby!) With or without The Charming's blessings, he gallops off..(but I hope with some great snarky pirate-y bantering with his *bro* Charming)

When he gets there he finds Blackbeard has commandeered his beloved Vessel...and the battle is on! Would be extra juicy if Blackbeard turned out to be dear old dastardly deadbeat dad. Wouldn't it be very OUAT ironic if he ended up killing( or at least banishing/abandoning) his dad?

Then, he sets sail to find his favorite parrying wench! He did say "At last!" when Emma opened the door to him in the mid finale...so maybe he's been taking a major portion of that year doing serious port hopping.

Or maybe not, it was just a fun scenario :)
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
SpaceCowboy911

Postby SpaceCowboy911 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:58 am

Definitely a fun scenario, BoPeeps! That would be a good time for someone to steal his ship, but I'm not sure about the daddy part because Hook is hundreds of years old, so unless daddy was in NL or found some way to retain youth he would be long, long, long dead.
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Hmmm...
Well, it IS the Enchanted Land and no one there is actually on the same timeline evahhhh because Magic and TVLand can wipeout a multitude of rational reality. Maybe Blackbeard got involved with some mischievous mermaids and they changed the rum in his flask to youth potion or (grinnn) some feisty faerie put pixie dust in his talcum powder.

Just a curious side question...does the hunky actor portraying Blackbeard have piercingly pretty blue eyes??? ;)
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Would the curse bring personal effects like the Jolly Roger back to EF along with their owners? I wonder whether all of Gold's and Regina's special items from EF were lost or brought back with them. In the promo we see that the curse dumped them in the middle of a clearing, no personal effects in sight...(I realize that if the ship was brought back it would be docked on water, not in a forest).
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Good question! (I wondered why, indeed, they were all dumped in the same spot.) They obviously retained horses, weapons and period clothing (heh). Wasn't everything not originating in Storybooke sent back?

Magic items from EF should have travelled back with them (I am assuming). The Jolly Roger is considered magic.

And what was the fate of Henry's purple-haze-enveloped book?

Even though the entire OUAT premise is deep into suspension of disbelief territory, I get baffled trying to catalogue all the different curse details :)
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:08 am

Theoretically...logically...
-If the book was built into the original curse, then Regina undoing the curse would undo everything the curse created, including the book.If WW re-curses them back to SB and her wish is that everything that was brought over with the original curse is also placed back in SB (and the extra item would be herself), then we might see the book again.
-The personal items that were originally from EF (whether or not they are items Regina wanted to bring with her-following the logic of who was sent back) and brought over to SB should have been sent back to EF when the curse was undone. This would include the ship.
But where is their stuff? Did Regina's stuff end up back in her castle and her in the middle of the forest? That makes no sense...

But still, logically it would make sense that Hook would have access to his ship in EF. As the Blackbeard, I think he is either an acomplice of WW, a random pirate who was not touched by the original curse and takes a fancy to the Jolly Rodger or someone we will see in a flashback. Not sure about him being related to Hook in some way, given Hook's age, unless we have a big fat retcon and find out that he had been trapped on NL for 300 years. And this would have to be mentioned in dialogue because the show's writers said that they will not show NL again this season. But there might be a ''pirate/sea'' curse that prevents aging, so who knows.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:44 am

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-HIMYM-Game-Thrones-Good-Wife-Spoilers-1079213.aspx

How about some Hook scoop on Once Upon a Time for once! — Irina

Sure thing. Hook's missing year includes a battle with the infamous Blackbeard (Charles Mesure), who may have his eye on the Jolly Roger. "He and Captain Hook do not have a lot of love for each other," executive producer Edward Kitsis says. "The only thing two pirates would fight over even more than a woman would be a ship." Ruh-roh! We'll also see an entire episode devoted to the mysterious message Hook received about retrieving Emma. I still say it's this.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Looks like Blackbeard won't be Hook's father... :|

Speaking of fathers, might we meet Hook's father?
Horowitz: Not this year.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-T ... 80030.aspx
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:07 am

a Hook centric episode :roll:

Im already not interested but still will watch. i got a filler vibe just from the promo
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:33 am

Yeah...I think we guessed that it would be filler ep several weeks ago, but now the promo has confirmed that feeling. Glad that we see a connection between WW and Hook, whether it is in the past year (more likely) or further back.
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:52 am

Filler but I'll still watch it. Even the fillers are important for one reason or another.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:31 am

That preview told us very little, but as Killian is one of my favorite characters, I'm excited :)
fiend

Postby fiend » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:

a Hook centric episode :roll:

Im already not interested but still will watch. i got a filler vibe just from the promo

Wiz, I am so with you on this episode. Filler all the way. I am just waiting for Episode 18, Bleeding Through. It is written by Jane Epsenson who wrote "Witch Hunt" which is my favorite episode of the season at this point. That will not disappoint.
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:02 am

Well I am not too fond of men action things like pirate life etc, but this episode, even if is thought to be a filler, will provide significant insight into the whole arc. Hopefully some Captain Swan too.

We'll probably learn how Hook got the message and who delivered it to him, possibly some history with Zelena (you're out of debt), and indeed he seems to be holding something back from Emma, and that could be it - he had encountered Zelena before. I also suspect Ariel is a shapeshifted Zelena, which might be wrong, of course. And who is that woman that appears approaching for a brief second? Milah? Zelena? The video is blurry, can't make out the face.

I believe ratings will drop a bit for this one, but given 3x16 was beyond excellent, I am not bothered. Just like Tink.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:43 pm

I've rewatched the preview a few more times now and it looks like Killian/Hook is fighting with another pirate (probably Blackbeard) who is dressed in the red coat, big hat, and long hair like the more traditional Captain Hook imagery. Looks like a flashback to the last year when he went in search for the Jolly Roger when they were sent back to the EF.

I can't tell who Ariel is swimming with, even when I pause it.

He is standing on the docks in SB (can tell by the boat behind him) when Zelena knocks the sword from his hand and says "You're out of your depth, Pirate." So it must be present time.

If you watch the part where Hook gets clubbed from behind in slow-motion, you can catch a glimpse of whoever did it. It definitely is in the EF by the look of the background. It doesn't look like Zelena or Ariel. It almost looks like a young boy, but it's too quick and blurry to be sure at all.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Here is the promo stills so you can see the shots better: Note: That is Ariel swimming with Snow from 3.06

http://storybrookemirror.tumblr.com/pos ... s-detailed
ihr

Postby ihr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 pm

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:30 pm

:roll: hook is trying to hard to get with emma :roll:
DoneWithOUAT

Postby DoneWithOUAT » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 pm

OUAT is a soap opera! Siblings coming out of the wood works, dead people coming out from their grave, vengeance exerted over decades (centuries in this case and BTW, has anyone wondered how old is that green thingy?), adopted people learning that father or mother isn't really mommy and daddy.... "The days of our lives" version "The weird days of our lives" kinda things.
Envy, Hatred, Parental Abuse. It' s getting cheesy too. As someone has mentioned in Ep.16 discussion, being green with Envy was clearly not an original Nobel Prize concept. Successful with the kiddies here but for us adults, it felt like an old idea. My boyfriend said candidly : "Ok! So... she's green! Whats the point? Next I was on the floor, laughing my brains out!
Now we have Hook having a back story with the WWW, (Worldclass Wrestling Witch) but why have him have a go at Ariel (or the other way around!! :lol: ) Why have everyone running into each other at some point in time?
It feels like a filler attack!

We are not a Hook fan (no harm intended to those who ship the pirate) but the character is more like a good pet these days, at Emma's sides. No panache, no personality, just a good little boy. Not convincing at all. Ok the actor is soooooo gorgeous, I'll give you that but, really the plot would so benefit from a bad ass Hook. He was so crunchy on his first appearance. Started as a lion, ended up as a minion.
I don't expect much from Jolly Rodgers episode. I was so expecting a lot of action from Its not easy being Green, maybe the surprises will come with Jolly Rider Rodgers Ep.
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 am

That sneak peek link looks like it's gone now, but I found another one that worked:

Spoiler:

I think Hook is right about not being able to go back to her old life. She can pretend, but she'd always be lying to Henry, holding back something. He knows it already and I think it might ultimately come between them in the long run. As the old saying goes, you can't unring a bell.

He may be trying a bit too hard right now, but it's better than giving up. She knows how he feels about her, and she is asking him to babysit instead of discouraging him. I'm sure there were other options (Grumpy, Granny, Ruby, Archie), but she chose to go to him again. If I were him, I'd find that encouraging.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”