[3x17] The Jolly Roger Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
Her Mayorness

Re: [3x17] The Jolly Roger Spoilers

Postby Her Mayorness » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:40 am

Jennie, thanks for this analysis. Finally someone who actually goes deeper into what the scene is really about, and beyond whether this ship is ok or not. :P
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm

This will obviously be an episode of great interest to me, and not at all filler (grin)
("Substance. substance!!!" she cries making the virtual sign of the swashbuckling sword all around the message board)
:duel:
Hook angst!! Hook passion!! Hook struggles!!!...a brief change of costume!!!

Seriously, though, Emma's attitude makes a shift here when Hook tells her she cannot return to life as it was before he found her and gave her back the truth. Her plaintive *WHY?* isn't so much about Henry, it is about HER.

This is not as much about "protecting" Henry so much as it is Emma wanting to run away from those things that threaten her *walls*. Her fears, her weariness battling her own inner wars. It is emotions she fears, not any physical or magical battles with villians. That is a smoke screen and Hook knows it. Her avoidance of the truth with Henry (and more to the point, herself)is going to cause a bit of a rift between Mom and Son if she doesn't face the truth.

We have seen, though she hasn't, the discussion Henry had with Regina in the park. How he yearns for family and though he liked NYC, it was so big it was lonely. Henry is now a boy focused deeply on those handheld fantasy games in every scene, and here is a world of such bewildering and fascinating fantasy right within physical arms reach and Emma is trying to block it from him.

Big turning point for all.
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:00 pm

p.s.
I am hoping the shining armor moment is one of those soul changing dream scenes of Emmas.
In their essence, dreams rarely lie..
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:14 pm

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/04/once-upon-time-episode-317-jolly-roger_9113.html

ARIEL PLEADS WITH HOOK TO HELP HER FIND PRINCE ERIC, AND EMMA AGREES TO LET REGINA TEACH HER HOW TO USE MAGIC TO HELP DEFEAT ZELENA, ON ABC’S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

JoAnna Garcia Swisher Guest Stars as Ariel

“The Jolly Roger” – Ariel returns to Storybrooke and pleads with Hook to help her find Prince Eric, who never returned to the town when the new curse was invoked. Emma agrees to let Regina teach her how to use magic so that she can help defeat Zelena, and Mary Margaret and David try to prove that they can be just as much fun as Hook is with Henry -- who thinks they are boring. Meanwhile, in Fairy Tale Land during the past year, an angry Ariel confronts Hook over her missing Prince Eric, who she assumes was kidnapped and possibly killed by the swarthy pirate. But when Hook confesses that the Jolly Roger has been stolen and Eric is most likely the thief’s prisoner, Ariel unknowingly provides him with a clue as to who the culprit is, and Hook – with Ariel in tow - goes off in search of his ship, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, APRIL 13 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Beverley Elliott as Granny, Rebecca Mader as Zelena, Christopher Gauthier as Smee, JoAnna Garcia Swisher as Ariel, Gil McKinney as Prince Eric, Charles Mesure as Black Beard, JC Williams as lead guard and Jessa Danielson as wench.

The Jolly Roger” was written by David H. Goodman and directed by Ernest Dickerson.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm

BoPeeps wrote:Seriously, though, Emma's attitude makes a shift here when Hook tells her she cannot return to life as it was before he found her and gave her back the truth. Her plaintive *WHY?* isn't so much about Henry, it is about HER.

This is not as much about "protecting" Henry so much as it is Emma wanting to run away from those things that threaten her *walls*. Her fears, her weariness battling her own inner wars. It is emotions she fears, not any physical or magical battles with villians. That is a smoke screen and Hook knows it. Her avoidance of the truth with Henry (and more to the point, herself)is going to cause a bit of a rift between Mom and Son if she doesn't face the truth.

We have seen, though she hasn't, the discussion Henry had with Regina in the park. How he yearns for family and though he liked NYC, it was so big it was lonely. Henry is now a boy focused deeply on those handheld fantasy games in every scene, and here is a world of such bewildering and fascinating fantasy right within physical arms reach and Emma is trying to block it from him.

I am REALLY hating Emma atm, hating enough to be perfectly fine with any suffering A&E could devise. Seriously, her fling with Robin Hood aside, Henry is the only person who makes Regina truly happy. He's her happy ending and that piece of foster-trash wants to take him away from Regina again. I swear, nobody ever considers the consequences of their actions on Regina, ever, and they get away with it because they are 'heroes'.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 pm

http://tvline.com/2014/04/08/arrow-felicity-backstory-spoilers-mentalist-jisbon-scandal-finale/

Can you offer any scoop on Once Upon a Time‘s Blackbeard (played by Charles Mesure)? –Stefanie

Previewing this Sunday’s episode, Colin O’Donoghue noted, “Blackbeard obviously is very much a dreaded pirate, and you get to see Hook interact a little bit with him — I can’t tell you how or why, because that will give away too much – but and it harks back a little bit to all the old Errol Flynn films and stuff like that. It’s good old-fashioned, swashbuckling fun.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Ok, I'll say it first. Blackbeard totally looks like Jack Sparrow.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 pm

yeah and a combination of how Hook looks like in Disney Peter pan and HOOK
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 pm

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Kill him Ariel!

eleruen

Postby eleruen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:44 am

Montreat11 wrote:Ok, I'll say it first. Blackbeard totally looks like Jack Sparrow.

He looks how Hook SHOULD look :lol:
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:52 am

True, Eleruen! :D

Oh look, Hook is floored again! This time by Ariel... ok seriously he needs to thrash Jack erm BB as soon as possible.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
jujubee

Postby jujubee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

After seeing all these pics and all, I’m even more interested in this episode.
I don’t care about the pirating so much, but hope to see:
Emma and Regina practicing magic
Is Emma ever going to tell Henry the truth?
Ariel and Hook scenes - she's pretty tough!
Finding out the truth about the message and potion
But most of all - Finding out just how Hook managed to get to Earth/the Real world
Didn’t Regina say that they’d “go back to where they came from, never to return” and “it would take another curse to go back”?
So, what, did Hook go and get himself a curse? Did he make a shady deal with someone powerful (like Zelena)? Find a super rare magic item? Whatever it was, there SHOULD be some serious magic involved. It’ll be disappointing if there isn’t.
Last edited by jujubee on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrsKillianCassidy

Postby MrsKillianCassidy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I hope Zelena gave Hook the slippers and we get to see him click his heels together in them :oops: . Maybe he traded her the Jolly Roger so he could get to Emma.
misy

Postby misy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm

MrsKillianCassidy wrote:
I hope Zelena gave Hook the slippers and we get to see him click his heels together in them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
Her Mayorness

Postby Her Mayorness » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 pm

A few months back, I had a mental image of Hook in ruby slippers. Then I thought he came with the curse, but his memories have been intact. So, how did he come to NY..?
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:04 am

misy wrote:
MrsKillianCassidy wrote:
I hope Zelena gave Hook the slippers and we get to see him click his heels together in them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hook-in-Heels. As long as they match his guyliner, then 'tis all good :lol:

Perhaps the pretty boy has to tie himself to the sail of his ship first before clicking his heals. Or maybe he just needs to stand at the very front of it Titanic-style and shout something silly ;)

Her Mayorness wrote:True, Eleruen! :D

Oh look, Hook is floored again! This time by Ariel... ok seriously he needs to thrash Jack erm BB as soon as possible.

Half of the people he gets floored by are women who don't work out so are probably physically weaker than him. As a woman I believe in girl power, but realistically, being beaten by someone who is weaker than you time and time again is just embarrassing for a man...well for anyone really :oops: :lol:

jujubee wrote:After seeing all these pics and all, I’m even more interested in this episode.
I don’t care about the pirating so much, but hope to see:
Emma and Regina practicing magic
Is Emma ever going to tell Henry the truth?
Ariel and Hook scenes - she's pretty tough!
Finding out the truth about the message and potion
But most of all - Finding out just how Hook managed to get to Earth/the Real world
Didn’t Regina say that they’d “go back to where they came from, never to return” and “it would take another curse to go back”?
So, what, did Hook go and get himself a curse? Did he make a shady deal with someone powerful (like Zelena)? Find a super rare magic item? Whatever it was, there SHOULD be some serious magic involved. It’ll be disappointing if there isn’t.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Emma learn more Magic off Regina, and it better be good. Last time was less than a minute. This time she needs to practice by dualing against Regina, or have trees thrown at her or something. Perhaps being hit by a low-flying branch will knock some sense into her. Flying monkeys would also make good target practice. Just dangle bananas to entice them from their hiding places. Oh wait, there are EF denizens inside those monkeys...shame.
jujubee

Postby jujubee » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:21 pm

MrsKillianCassidy wrote:I hope Zelena gave Hook the slippers and we get to see him click his heels together in them :oops: .

I so want to see that!

Her Mayorness wrote:Then I thought he came with the curse, but his memories have been intact. So, how did he come to NY..?

That's the problem, isn't it? That's why I thought maybe he got himself a different curse where he kept his memories but other bad stuff happened instead. It's really, really, REALLY far-fetched, but you never know . . .

eleruen wrote:I am very much looking forward to seeing Emma learn more Magic off Regina, and it better be good. Last time was less than a minute. This time she needs to practice by dualing against Regina, or have trees thrown at her or something. Perhaps being hit by a low-flying branch will knock some sense into her.

My thoughts exactly! Here's hoping.
esmeraude

Postby esmeraude » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm not sure how to embed but here is another sneak peek:

http://youtu.be/QsxQuXPEDW8

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”