[3x20] Kansas Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
aeverett

Re: [3x20] Kansas

Postby aeverett » Sun May 04, 2014 7:08 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:Also i dont believe the Regina and Robin Hood love story is rush. one: their love is parallel to cursed David and Snow love from season one. Even cursed, David and Snow were drawn together and their love was rushed too. two: Robin is her soul hate. Robin 1st guy since Daniel that she's has let into her "heart".

But there was no reason for her to do so. Her being attracted to him is one thing, but he brings nothing to the relationship other than being the guy the pixie dust chose for her. There's no great fairy tale romance there. The relationship is rushed and boring. I just hope they find a way to end it better than they developed it.
ihr

Postby ihr » Sun May 04, 2014 7:17 am

Emma doesn't have a monopoly on light magic. There are other white magic wielders.
This entire feud was titled Evil v. Wicked. Zelena's irrational jealousy towarsd her sister.
Of course, Regina should be the one to confront her. It was never Emma's fight to begin with.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sun May 04, 2014 7:19 am

He-Lord wrote:
No one is disrespecting Regina. You are just being ridiculous. Criticizing someone is not disrespecting them. You clearly just can't handle criticism. Her love with Robin IS moving fast. I don't care if he is her "soul mate". Just because Tinkerbell comes along and tells us he and Regina are soul mates doesn't mean people are just going to buy it. They don't really know each other very well, yet they are already somehow madly in love and ready to settle down.

I'm buying it and anyone who supports OutlawQueen clearly buying it too, sorry if you not. Love has no timeline. Regina and Robin clearly dont want to take their time.
it took Regina what 50 years to face her soulmate after running away 1st time.

there are people in everyday life that believe in soulmates, love at 1st sight, true love, and etc. some take their time and some rush it. some get married days after meeting each and manage to stay together forever.

aeverett wrote:[
But there was no reason for her to do so. Her being attracted to him is one thing, but he brings nothing to the relationship other than being the guy the pixie dust chose for her. There's no great fairy tale romance there. The relationship is rushed and boring. I just hope they find a way to end it better than they developed it.

that God this show isnt excursively about fairy tales

ihr wrote:Emma doesn't have a monopoly on light magic. There are other white magic wielders.
This entire feud was titled Evil v. Wicked. Zelena's irrational jealousy towarsd her sister.
Of course, Regina should be the one to confront her. It was never Emma's fight to begin with.

totally agree
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
aeverett wrote:But there was no reason for her to do so. Her being attracted to him is one thing, but he brings nothing to the relationship other than being the guy the pixie dust chose for her. There's no great fairy tale romance there. The relationship is rushed and boring. I just hope they find a way to end it better than they developed it.

that God this show isnt excursively about fairy tales

But it is about people who hold fairy tale values. Common, everyday love wouldn't be enough for Regina or Robin. They have each had the magical, wondrous true love in their lives. Where is the motivation to settle for some pixie dust determined situation? Where is the NEED to be with each other? I don't see it. The producers didn't give them any. They just paired two attractive actors together, had Tinkerbelle steal some dust, and whamo, they call them soul mates, without even explaining what a soul mate really is. Considering this show has real magic and fantasy happy endings, there was the potential to do something epic with Outlaw Queen and it was squandered.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sun May 04, 2014 7:57 am

Common everyday love is what Regina and Daniel had
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:Common everyday love is what Regina and Daniel had

No, they didn't. She was the daughter of a wealthy land owner (a prince at one point) and an evil witch. He was a lowly stable boy. They were hiding from Cora. They were planning to run away and elope so that Regina wouldn't have to marry a king. Theirs had all the elements of an epic love story, or at least it's first act. Then it turned into a classic tragedy. There was nothing common about Daniel and Regina. We don't know much about Robin and Marion, but from what little we saw, I doubt there's was anything less. Robin and Regina just don't have the same exciting story line. They just don't measure up and that's bad writing.
ihr

Postby ihr » Sun May 04, 2014 10:11 am

They had true love.
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Sun May 04, 2014 12:47 pm

No, they didn't. She was the daughter of a wealthy land owner (a prince at one point) and an evil witch. He was a lowly stable boy. They were hiding from Cora. They were planning to run away and elope so that Regina wouldn't have to marry a king. Theirs had all the elements of an epic love story, or at least it's first act. Then it turned into a classic tragedy. There was nothing common about Daniel and Regina. We don't know much about Robin and Marion, but from what little we saw, I doubt there's was anything less. Robin and Regina just don't have the same exciting story line. They just don't measure up and that's bad writing.

Averett well stated and I agree with you also. :D :cheers:
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 pm

aeverett wrote:

No, they didn't. She was the daughter of a wealthy land owner (a prince at one point) and an evil witch. He was a lowly stable boy. They were hiding from Cora. They were planning to run away and elope so that Regina wouldn't have to marry king. Theirs had all the elements of an epic love story, or at least it's first act. Then it turned into a classic tragedy. There was nothing common about Daniel and Regina. We don't know much about Robin and Marion, but from what little we saw, I doubt there's was anything less. Robin and Regina just don't have the same exciting story line. They just don't measure up and that's bad writing.

1st Henry wasnt a landowner. He was still a prince. He is no differernt then Prince Charles or his sons of current royal family of England.
2nd We dont know how long Daniel and Regina were messing around behind Cora back. Regina could have fallen for Daniel overnight just like we see with Robin. Yes their love was a little more then common. But Regina was still a princess with a stableboy.
Elements of Regina and Robin love story can be the start of an epic love story too
Regina doesnt care that Robin is a thief just like she didnt care Daniel was a stableboy.
Falling in love has no timetable or restrictions. That why it so easily for Regina to fall for Robin and Daniel
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Sun May 04, 2014 6:29 pm

ihr wrote:Emma doesn't have a monopoly on light magic. There are other white magic wielders.

Then why drag Emma and Henry out of New York and have Emma learning and accepting magic if, at the end of the day, it's solely Regina defeating Zelena with good magic? IMO, it was pointless to drag the two of them there if that's the case.

Maybe I'm remembering what Glinda said wrong, but if just anyone could defeat Zelena with light magic, then there was no point in going to Storybrooke, and bringing Emma and Henry there. Emma was the first non-fairy to been seen using good magic on the show. You claim Henry was a plot device in basically every plot, well, that's what they've just educed Emma too to prop up Regina's redemption.

Until I see the entire episode I'm going to remain annoyed that it's only Regina defeating Zelena without needing Emma to do anything but look pretty while Regina saves the day.
KingOfHearts

Postby KingOfHearts » Sun May 04, 2014 10:45 pm

RebeccaMatthews wrote:

Then why drag Emma and Henry out of New York and have Emma learning and accepting magic if, at the end of the day, it's solely Regina defeating Zelena with good magic? IMO, it was pointless to drag the two of them there if that's the case.

Maybe I'm remembering what Glinda said wrong, but if just anyone could defeat Zelena with light magic, then there was no point in going to Storybrooke, and bringing Emma and Henry there. Emma was the first non-fairy to been seen using good magic on the show. You claim Henry was a plot device in basically every plot, well, that's what they've just educed Emma too to prop up Regina's redemption.

Until I see the entire episode I'm going to remain annoyed that it's only Regina defeating Zelena without needing Emma to do anything but look pretty while Regina saves the day.

The battle against Zelena is clearly not the only focus going on. There is going to be a lot more to the story between now and the end of the season, and Jennifer Morrison has stated the next two episodes are her favorite episodes for Emma yet. Regina might have Zelena, but I believe there is something else at play here. It was always Regina's fight with Zelena from the beginning, not Emma's.

I have a feeling Emma's story is going to take an awesome twist very soon :)
kier101

Postby kier101 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:56 pm

OMG can someone please tell me what I just saw is she dead, as the time travel spell been activated somebody help me.
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Mon May 05, 2014 12:22 am

kier101 wrote:OMG can someone please tell me what I just saw is she dead, as the time travel spell been activated somebody help me.

Would love to help, but it's going to be at least another four and a half hours before I see the episode.
Montreat11

Postby Montreat11 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:22 am

The time travel spell (I assume) was activated because the final ingrediant was innocence. The Wicked Witch of the West was supposed to represent innocence, according to Glinda, so I guess in the end she did...although I'm not sure how I feel about that.
kier101

Postby kier101 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Question: I know you guys are smarter than me so help me out. At the end of Rumples proposal why did he look so terrified? And do you notice how when he popped the question why he looked so worried?
ForeverNate85

Postby ForeverNate85 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:35 am

kier101 wrote:Question: I know you guys are smarter than me so help me out. At the end of Rumples proposal why did he look so terrified? And do you notice how when he popped the question why he looked so worried?

He was sad because he lied to Belle, took his dagger, and then went to kill Zelena. He was offering and promising trust to Belle and at the same time meant none of it.
"All magic comes with a price" - Rumpelstiltskin
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Tue May 06, 2014 3:52 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:1st Henry wasnt a landowner. He was still a prince. He is no differernt then Prince Charles or his sons of current royal family of England.
2nd We dont know how long Daniel and Regina were messing around behind Cora back. Regina could have fallen for Daniel overnight just like we see with Robin. Yes their love was a little more then common. But Regina was still a princess with a stableboy.
Elements of Regina and Robin love story can be the start of an epic love story too
Regina doesnt care that Robin is a thief just like she didnt care Daniel was a stableboy.
Falling in love has no timetable or restrictions. That why it so easily for Regina to fall for Robin and Daniel

Firstly, we don't know if Henry Sr. was still a prince by the time of 'The Stable Boy'. Many people have suggested that Leopold/Eva's kingdom acquired Xavier's at some point, or that Cora did something so reprehensible, got caught, and the family had to flee after being stripped of their royal status. In short, A&E have yet to explain why Regina was no longer reffered to as 'princess' in 'The Stable Boy'. However, whether Henry Sr. and his family were still royalty or not, Cora's speech in the stables about how much she sacrificed for their family makes it clear they own the land. Prince or Commoner, Henry Sr. was a land owner and could afford a stable, several horses, employment of a stable hand, and several house servants, proving he was still wealthy.

As for Robin's thief status being a deterrent to Regina, I never claimed it would be. What I have said is that the lifestyle of a roaming band of thieves would impinge on Regina's chosen lifestyle, a settled, nuclear family living under the same roof year by year. As for her romance with Daniel, the end result was an epic love story and it was implied that their love grew over time, that their romance wasn't rushed. Robin and Regina just met and both have been burned by love and loss. Their jumping into the sack together is understandable considering they're both worldly adults, but the level of trust and closeness is terribly swift considering both their pasts and it comes off as poorly written.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”