[3x21] Snow Drifts Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
eleruen

Re: [3x21] Snow Drifts

Postby eleruen » Sun May 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Going back to the title of this ep, what if some of the stuff we saw with Regina in the barn, zelena in the hospital in ep 20 was snow's hopes and fears while drifting? Or alternative realities she comes to know while drifting?

Like, she is drifting in the reset and is seeing what happened in the original timeline/reality....so we see ep20 and then find out in ep 21 that what we saw the week before in episode 20 was snow's dream...some sort of weird plot twist like that.

EDIT
Perhaps she will have these visions when she is in her glass coffin, or when she touches a special object.
Last edited by eleruen on Mon May 05, 2014 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 05, 2014 1:07 am

The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 05, 2014 1:20 am

HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Mon May 05, 2014 2:41 am

Is it just me or what I think they have lost their magic on this show really not interested in watching more of Hook, Regina or Rumple. Never found out how Walsh got to NY, where the Jolly Roger is and what the big secret on the baby's name. Anyone can have magic anytime :roll:
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 05, 2014 2:44 am

the season isnt over yet. that something to ask if its not answered next week
desa

Postby desa » Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 am

Is it just me now I have to watch the two "idiots" Snow and Charming falling in love all over again and their wedding?
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 am

HappyEndings wrote:Is it just me or what I think they have lost their magic on this show really not interested in watching more of Hook, Regina or Rumple. Never found out how Walsh got to NY, where the Jolly Roger is and what the big secret on the baby's name. Anyone can have magic anytime :roll:

IMO, the show's "magic" has steadily been fading since season 1 and Emma broke part of the Dark Curse. With the show revolving heavily around Regina and Rumple since the end of season 1, the balance between the good guys (Snow, Emma, Charming) and the bad guys (Regina, Rumple) hasn't been right.

desa wrote:Is it just me now I have to watch the two "idiots" Snow and Charming falling in love all over again and their wedding?

I think I read somewhere, likely over at the IMDb board, that the wedding in the finale is Charming and Abagail's. I'm starting to think they want to recreate part of season 1 in the Snow/Charming relationship.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 05, 2014 8:05 pm

"Snow Drifts"/"There's No Place Like Home" - While Mary Margaret and David celebrate the naming of their son at a coronation in Granny's Diner, Emma and Hook are pulled into Zelena's time portal and find themselves in the Enchanted Forest of the past. But in their quest to discover a way back, they must be careful not to change ANYTHING or risk altering the lives of their friends and family -- as well as their very own existence, on the two-hour season finale of "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 11 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring in "Snow Drifts" are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Anastasia Griffith as Abigail/Kathryn, Tony Amendola as Geppetto, Meghan Ory as Ruby/Red, Alex Zahara as King Midas, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Rebecca Mader as Zelena, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Christopher Gauthier as Smee and Charles Mesure as Black Beard.

"Snow Drifts" was written by David H. Goodman & Robert Hull and directed by Ron Underwood.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/05/once-upon-time-episode-321322-season.html
Charmingshope

Postby Charmingshope » Mon May 05, 2014 9:22 pm

I like the idea of Emma and Hook going to the Enchanted Forest! The character development has been good but Emma needs to see her true home before it was destroyed.

For me ONCE has not lost it's magic only getting better!
LittleHope

Postby LittleHope » Mon May 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Wait, "Doc"??? Isn't him the back to the future character or I am just getting confused by this messy situation?
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 05, 2014 11:37 pm

LittleHope wrote:Wait, "Doc"??? Isn't him the back to the future character or I am just getting confused by this messy situation?

serious question: r u playing?
Doc is the name of one of the 7 dwarfs
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Tue May 06, 2014 4:19 am

In the promo we see the EQ in the past, the past that Emma and Hook are trying to escape without changing anything. At this point, I am confused as to why the spell didn't take them to a reality without Regina in it because this is the spell that Zelena had set up, and I hope this is explained rather than hand-waved.
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Tue May 06, 2014 4:31 am

eleruen wrote:In the promo we see the EQ in the past, the past that Emma and Hook are trying to escape without changing anything. At this point, I am confused as to why the spell didn't take them to a reality without Regina in it because this is the spell that Zelena had set up, and I hope this is explained rather than hand-waved.

Just an idea, but perhaps it has to do with the fact that Zelena is dead. Her magic and some part of her essence lives on in the mist, or the portal wouldn't have opened, but her whole self no longer exists.
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Tue May 06, 2014 4:57 am

aeverett wrote:
eleruen wrote:In the promo we see the EQ in the past, the past that Emma and Hook are trying to escape without changing anything. At this point, I am confused as to why the spell didn't take them to a reality without Regina in it because this is the spell that Zelena had set up, and I hope this is explained rather than hand-waved.

Just an idea, but perhaps it has to do with the fact that Zelena is dead. Her magic and some part of her essence lives on in the mist, or the portal wouldn't have opened, but her whole self no longer exists.

You may have a point, but the portal shouldn't work at all in that case, if Zelena had set it fully before dying.

I also get the impression that she was goading others to kill her/hoping others would have a reason to kill her...that she needed to die physically and have her essence remain in order for her to reset things...and that it would have the added bonus of letting our heroes think they have won while she drifts along the street, through the clearing, into the barn and down the portal (so that is why she doesn't kill herself). So I initially got the impression that everything is going according to Zelena's plan until I saw the promo. :( :shrug2:

RE: Press Release
*FINALLY we see the Blue Fairy! FINALLY she might get involved in what is going on!
*We get to see Black Beard again as well hahaha Perhaps this is who Hook was fighting in the promo?
*I don't don't see Phillip and Aurora on the list. I wonder if Adam and Eddy (or an interviewer) were spreading false information about there being a connection between the two babies? However;
* Maid Marion, Roland, Will Scarlet and Rapunzel are not mentioned here either while they are mentioned on IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3635890/?ref_=tt_ep_ep11
And we have seen BTS pics of Maid Marian and Roland! So perhaps the list is not exhaustive, but if Philip and Aurora make an appearance they are important enough to be on the list in the press release.
LittleHope

Postby LittleHope » Tue May 06, 2014 5:26 pm

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
LittleHope wrote:Wait, "Doc"??? Isn't him the back to the future character or I am just getting confused by this messy situation?

serious question: r u playing?
Doc is the name of one of the 7 dwarfs

Very Sorry for that! I am not English-native speaker so sometimes I get confused with the names of some fairy tale characters as they are not the ones I grew up with. Hope you'll understand my mistake! :P
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue May 06, 2014 6:22 pm

eleruen wrote:* Maid Marion, Roland, Will Scarlet and Rapunzel are not mentioned here either while they are mentioned on IMDB

look again at NO PLACE LIKE HOME selection. Roland is listed

when i posted the synopsis yesterday i separated the guest cast, writers, and directors by episodes

also the creators said there would be surprise returns (Marion and Rapunzel). I wouldnt list surprises in the offical synopsis.
this the samething they did last year when Aurora, Philip, and Mulan (stand in) showed up in the season 2 finale.
Last edited by The Wiz of Oz on Tue May 06, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue May 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Jennie

Postby Jennie » Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks for posting the bts pics, Wiz. Those are some gorgeous shots.

It looks like Regina may be gonna try to burn Snow at the stake back in FTL past...

ETA: I just saw a screencap of a tweet (on tumblr) from back in March when this was being filmed. It was from the actress who played Marion and it was about having a burlap sack over her head all day...

If Regina had Marion burned alive (even if she didn't know who she was) this would put a serious damper on Outlaw Queen!
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Wed May 07, 2014 1:13 am

Jennie, I do remember that comment about the burlap bag...looks like Marion might have done the *switcheroo* to save Snow from being burnt at the stake. Didn't Robin say Marion's death was do to his own actions? Perhaps Hook, Emma and David went to Robin and his Men to help save Snow and they came up with the switch plan, that somehow went very wrong.
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Wed May 07, 2014 3:00 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
eleruen wrote:* Maid Marion, Roland, Will Scarlet and Rapunzel are not mentioned here either while they are mentioned on IMDB

look again at NO PLACE LIKE HOME selection. Roland is listed

It seems he was added after I made my comment.

REGARDING THE BTS PICS
*Lots of women wearing white in the dance scene, including Abigail.
*EQs make up matches Regina's better. I like this because in season 1 the combination of the make up and the acting gave off the impression that they were two separate characters, rather than different versions of the same character. This time around, it does seem like different versions of the same character, so I am pleased.
*I am still none the wiser about how on earth Emma and Hook ended up in a reality where Regina is alive and is an adult, given that the spell was set up for her to not exist. I can only think of two possibilities
1) The spell was set up but was not completed, so we go back in time but not far enough. Or it is a wrong reality.
2) Hook and Emma did something to alter the nature of the curse/spell before falling down the portal.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”