[3x22] There's No Place Like Home Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 3.
Jennie

Re: [3x22] There's No Place Like Home Spoilers

Postby Jennie » Fri May 09, 2014 3:47 pm

I just posted another new Q&A from A&E about the finale and other stuff...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2647

The first answer finally puts the issue of Captain Swan as "fanservice" to rest...thank goodness! They planned Hook and Emma from the beanstalk episode. They were lucky that Colin and Jen had such great chemistry that their hopes for Colin's character panned out.
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
misy

Postby misy » Fri May 09, 2014 4:03 pm

"Did you always intended to have Hook in love with Emma?"

(emphasis mine)

Doesn't say anything about Emma loving him.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri May 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Neither did I, but they do talk about the chemistry between the two characters. That implies mutual feelings, if nothing else.

It doesn't necessarily mean "end-game" or "true love", but there was always a relationship planned. That was my point about Captain Swan not being fanservice like some claim. So unless we think A&E are liars, Captain Swan wasn't fanservice. :shrug:

ETA: However, all that said, I do believe that Emma will eventually reciprocate Killian's feelings. As stated numerous times by A&E and shown through her characterization on the show, Emma has been burned by love in the past and her walls are a mile high. She was just beginning to let them down a bit again after Walsh, when Zelena's secret curse made her doubt her instincts about trusting Killian. But there is no doubt in my mind that she will eventually allow herself to fall in love again. She's in such denial that she thinks she can take Henry back to NYC because that's the only time she was truly happy. The finale will be about Emma accepting that she can have a real home with her family. And I think it will also be about her opening up to her feelings about a lot of things. She's just loved and lost so much that she's afraid.
Last edited by Jennie on Fri May 09, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 pm

The entire beanstalk episode fairly shrieked that Hook thought Emma was pretty damn attractive and it was frisky and fun. The chemistry was solid. It wasn't and isn't fanservice. It serves Horowitz and Kitsis and their creators' egos (and quest for continuing employment) If fans ultimately want something different then they can turn the channel.

These scripts are written long before the fans ever see them. Ignore the fanservice chants. That excuse is mostly lame no matter who uses it.
Just enjoy what makes you feel good, no matter who else wants to kill the joy.
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
HappyEndings

Postby HappyEndings » Fri May 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Sorry, never really saw any chemistry between Hook or Neal with Emma. The only scene that seemed like real chemistry was when Snow was about to take David's heart. I don't even see any chemistry with RH either I guess I miss the good old days when there were really could chemistry between people and you couldn't wait for them to kiss like the old Westerns :(

Another thing that bugs be is Hook, good be Snow's Great, Great Great grand dad. Sleeping with Hook's wife just turns me off sorry.

Note: I think Graham and Emma had the most chemistry. :rose:
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri May 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Chemistry? I see potential of a long term friendship.
I love how they back petal alot because Adam was asked this a month or 2 ago and he shut it down. Now he being forward about it smh
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 pm

They don't confirm things they don't want to spoil. I think that's why they are being so weird with the questions about Sean and Outlaw Queen right now. They don't want to spoil what they have planned for the casual viewers who are enjoying the show as they watch it and aren't online trying to figure out what's gonna happen next. If they answered every question completely honestly, they would spoil the whole show. I just think they finally got to the point where they felt like it wasn't a spoiler anymore to admit they had planned him as a love interest ever since they got the rights to cast Hook.
ihr

Postby ihr » Fri May 09, 2014 8:28 pm

JMo portrays Emma as having zero romantic interest in Hook. Yes, she may like him,but not as a love interest. That's my impression anyway.
I also found A&E interview really disturbing. Hook is far from being a gentleman, and the fact that he keeps pursuing Emma even though she isn't interested is sending the wrong message. A No is a No, it's not maybe or maybe later. A real gentleman would back off.
Last edited by ihr on Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri May 09, 2014 8:42 pm

:cheers: :hug: im looking a stand up and clapping one. But sadly there isnt one

ihr wrote:JMo portrays Emma as having zero romantic interest in Hook. Yes, she may like him,but not as a love interest. That's my impression anyway.
I also found A&E interview really disturbing. Hook is far from being a gentleman, and the fact that he keep pursuing Emma even though she isn't interested is sending the wrong message. A No is a No, it's not maybe or maybe later. A real gentleman would back off.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri May 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Jennie wrote:They don't confirm things they don't want to spoil. I think that's why they are being so weird with the questions about Sean and Outlaw Queen right now. They don't want to spoil what they have planned for the casual viewers who are enjoying the show as they watch it and aren't online trying to figure out what's gonna happen next. If they answered every question completely honestly, they would spoil the whole show. I just think they finally got to the point where they felt like it wasn't a spoiler anymore to admit they had planned him as a love interest ever since they got the rights to cast Hook.

this tweet was sent out Feb 4 2014

Adam Horowitz @AdamHorowitzLA 1h
“@jessicab8597: @AdamHorowitzLA When did you decide to make Hook 1 of Emma's love interests?” Who said we did?

so it is back pedaling. Adam was better off now answering the question. So he back pedal the moment he admitted it in the article
CTrent29

Postby CTrent29 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:10 pm

ihr wrote:JMo portrays Emma as having zero romantic interest in Hook. Yes, she may like him,but not as a love interest. That's my impression anyway.
I also found A&E interview really disturbing. Hook is far from being a gentleman, and the fact that he keeps pursuing Emma even though she isn't interested is sending the wrong message. A No is a No, it's not maybe or maybe later. A real gentleman would back off.

The way you phrased your statement seemed to hint a fact, instead of your own opinion. You're entitled to your opinion. But I don't agree with you. I believe I have seen hints of Emma's interest in Hook, thanks to JMo's performance. And considering that other characters have observed Emma's interest in Hook makes me even less inclined to agree with you.
BoPeeps

Postby BoPeeps » Fri May 09, 2014 11:52 pm

As always, everyone has opinions.
I stand by mine wholeheartedly.
If you don't see what I see, it doesn't matter. It has absolutely no influence on my thorough enjoyment of Hook or Emma or their chemistry/story/relationship:)

I am liking every minute of camera time they get, which is considerable.
;)
***Always in Search of a Good Flock***
Jennie

Postby Jennie » Sat May 10, 2014 2:42 am

The Wiz of Oz wrote:
Jennie wrote:They don't confirm things they don't want to spoil. I think that's why they are being so weird with the questions about Sean and Outlaw Queen right now. They don't want to spoil what they have planned for the casual viewers who are enjoying the show as they watch it and aren't online trying to figure out what's gonna happen next. If they answered every question completely honestly, they would spoil the whole show. I just think they finally got to the point where they felt like it wasn't a spoiler anymore to admit they had planned him as a love interest ever since they got the rights to cast Hook.

this tweet was sent out Feb 4 2014

Adam Horowitz @AdamHorowitzLA 1h
“@jessicab8597: @AdamHorowitzLA When did you decide to make Hook 1 of Emma's love interests?” Who said we did?

so it is back pedaling. Adam was better off now answering the question. So he back pedal the moment he admitted it in the article

February was before Neal died. All Adam was doing was keeping the "love triangle" angle alive. He answered a question with another question. Typical evasive technique. If you're saying that A&E didn't plan on Hook falling in love with Emma and plant those seeds in his first appearance, then you are calling them liars because that is what they claim in the interview. There are some things they are okay with confirming before it's confirmed on screen and some things they aren't. Whether everyone saw the signs or not, many people did. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think a bit more of A&E than to think they are lying to their fans about their intentions with Hook/Killian.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 am

its called back pedaling because Adam didnt have to answer at all. it didnt matter if Neal had lived or not. The question should have never been answer regardless if he answer with a question.

I'm sure there are 100s of questions like that presented to him and alot of time he say #nospoilers.

if they had the idea to make Emma and Hook love interest then why answer the question and then turn around and back pedal 3 months later. he was better off no answering or simply writing #nospoilers

I wasnt calling them liars. but they do back pedal.

Example in LACEY flashback they never explain why curtains were open when we know in SKIN DEEP Belle open them curtains. If they ever explain that then they will be back pedaling

These the same guys that tease Greg could come back because his shadow is free, but we all heard Tink say there was nothing left of his body. If Greg ever return they would have to back pedal to explain why he alive.
misy

Postby misy » Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 am

I don't even think it's a question of "back pedaling" or not.
The question in the tweet was about making Hook be one of Emma's love interests ....to which the answer was "who said we did?"
The question in the interview was about Hook being in love with Emma.

Hook being in love with Emma and/or Hook being a love interest for Emma are not the same thing.
He can be in love with her, but unless she reciprocates those feelings, he is not a love intetest. So far, she has not.
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
Aura Liuli

Postby Aura Liuli » Sat May 10, 2014 1:13 pm

as one viewer wrote:

"At last year's Comic-Con, in the sit down interview they did with Colin and MRJ, they were asked if they knew the story arcs for their characters ahead of time.

MRJ said he knew his entire arc last season; it had a beginning, middle and an end etc.

Colin said: “What they told me hasn’t happened yet.”

What the hell else can be included into an entire character arc that hasn’t happened yet?"

Personal bias aside, of whether one sees, believes, desires or hates that Hook and Emma could be True Love, the character is not going anywhere for now, on this show. Besides, what with learning that a time travel spell is possible, then Rump can simply go back in time, never losing Milah or Bae, neither of whom ever meet Hook.

For those who fervently dislike Colin and his portrayal of the character as it's written for him, since none of it will have ever existed, you are assured of your happy ending.
On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a day.
fiend

Postby fiend » Sat May 10, 2014 2:27 pm

misy wrote:"Did you always intended to have Hook in love with Emma?"

(emphasis mine)

Doesn't say anything about Emma loving him.

Exactly. That is what people seem to be missing. It takes two people being interested to create a relationship. I call bull on A&E saying that it was planned at the beanstalk scene. A&E first stated that that "relationship" was like a night in Vegas. When I look back on Season 2, I just don't understand what Emma has done to ever garner any affection from Hook. Like, she has not done anything romantic or had a heartfelt conversation to geniunely grow their interactions. She didn't trust him that is why she left him at the beanstalk.

She hardly trusts anyone and she did the smart thing to leave him there, any though Hook said that he would have helped her. He is a pirate and can't be trusted. So in light of that, we have them battling each other. And the reason he came back after taking the Jolly Roger when the trigger was activated, his flashbacks of guilt of Baelfire's abandonment came back. Nothing at all in regards to Emma. Just rewatch the episode. He did it out of guilt and if it wasn't for Emma and Regina's awesome magic, his return will be all for naught.

I just don't like how they wrote these two if it was "meant" to be. I hate what they did to Hook's character. Gosh, like seriously, his sole purpose being on the show now is trying to be a love interest of Emma. Its pathetic.
Last edited by fiend on Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fiend

Postby fiend » Sat May 10, 2014 2:31 pm

EXACTLY!!!!! His behavior is creeper-alert. I always thought they are better together as like pals. Just hanging out and drinking rum and she clowning him how she can best him in sword fight. lol
eleruen

Postby eleruen » Sat May 10, 2014 2:37 pm

misy wrote:I don't even think it's a question of "back pedaling" or not.
The question in the tweet was about making Hook be one of Emma's love interests ....to which the answer was "who said we did?"
The question in the interview was about Hook being in love with Emma.

Hook being in love with Emma and/or Hook being a love interest for Emma are not the same thing.
He can be in love with her, but unless she reciprocates those feelings, he is not a love intetest. So far, she has not.

Yes, two different things to me, too. And dont forget peeps, zelena never would have cursed hook's lips if emma felt the same about him (at that point in time, anyway). If emma and hook had equal feelings, and it was true love as well, zelena's curse would have been broken, and emma would keep her magic.

Not only is it not true love but i just cannot agree that emma is even interested him much.
Ihr-i agree that jmo plays emma like she had no interest in him...well sometimes she does but it is fleeting, like 5% of the time. As a result i see no chemistry between them, just hook's obsessive behavior. If she is supposed to be interested in him/attracted to him then it is bad acting.
Like happy endings said, she had more chemistry graham. She had her walls up then too but the chemistry was apparent. She acts very differently around hook compared with graham

The Wiz of Oz wrote:It nice to know even a known popular media outlet sees Hook as a love sick puppy dog

Lol indeed.
He-Lord

Postby He-Lord » Mon May 12, 2014 9:49 am

They not only referenced Back to the Future, but the plot was totally from Back to the Future as well. Marty/Emma go back in time and interrupt their parents original meeting, so now Marty/Emma need to make them come together like they are supposed to.

Return to “Season 3 Spoilers”