[4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 4.
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:40 am

It just hit me. Zelena told Regina in the jail scene that she had seen Regina's whole life. That might include her association with Tinkerbell and the pixie dust incident. If so, she might have played matchmaker for Robin in order to keep him away from Regina. She might have arranged Robin's meeting Marian so that they'd fall in love and he'd be off limits to her sister. Zelena needed Regina's anger and pain as much as Rumple, so marrying off the person Regina had been told was her soulmate would suit her interests and would explain Marian and Zelena's conversation in the pics.




Regina made the decision not to meet Robin in that tavern. Regina did. I don't see how Zelena played a role in that scenario. And considering that Regina was married to Leopold at the time, I can't even image what would have happened if Regina had decided to leave with Robin. Her knowledge of magic wasn't that solid at the time. Also, Leopold would not have been as understanding as Marian. Remember "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree", when he had her banished to her room when he suspected her of adultery?
aeverett
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:08 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby aeverett » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:45 am

CTrent29 wrote:Regina made the decision not to meet Robin in that tavern. Regina did. I don't see how Zelena played a role in that scenario. And considering that Regina was married to Leopold at the time, I can't even image what would have happened if Regina had decided to leave with Robin. Her knowledge of magic wasn't that solid at the time. Also, Leopold would not have been as understanding as Marian. Remember "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree", when he had her banished to her room when he suspected her of adultery?


Yes, Regina chose not to meet Robin, but then Snow tried to use distance to forget Charming after their first adventure. He tried to go through with his arranged marriage, etc, but they kept being brought together. I'm thinking, by the time Regina met Tinkerbelle and had her fairydust adventure, Zelena is already watching. She knows that if Regina and Robin are destined to be together, fate will drive them together irregardless of Regina's decision that night at the tavern. So, she had to distract Robin, who hadn't yet found love and was actively searching for his own happy ending.

Enter a pawn, Marian, a beautiful, kind, virtuous woman, perfect for a hero like Robin Hood. Zelena would have just had to pull their strings to bring them together and add a few conquerable obstacles to ensure they fell in love. They found True Love, got married, had Roland, and by the time Marian kicked the bucket, Regina was so far gone in her quest for revenge, she'd have probably killed Robin herself if she'd run into him and he'd have happily kill the Evil Queen for all her bad deeds (even if he didn't know his love's death was one of them). My comment was that Zelena was puppet mastering certain events in Regina's life as much as Rumple was, and so long as Zelena was, unwittingly, pushing Regina towards the dark curse, he didn't bother interceding.

As for Leopold, Regina believed in going to the wire for love. She was clever, even before she had any magic, and Robin was a master thief who was good enough to pick pocket from advanced magic users. If he and Regina had fallen in love, an old king and his guards wouldn't have been able to stop them. Point of fact, Leopold didn't really stop Regina with the Genie, as she'd wanted him to lock her up so that she could use that as an excuse to get the Genie to kill Leopold. Had she really wanted her 'affair' with the Genie to remain a secret, it would have. And if he couldn't have stopped her there, he wouldn't have stood a chance against Robin and Regina's mutual manipulations. Neither Rumple, nor Zelena, would have allowed their success (albeit for different reasons), but Leopold could bellow commands and stomp his feet and he'd have never been able to do anything to stop them or catch them after the fact.
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:56 pm

aeverett wrote:
CTrent29 wrote:Regina made the decision not to meet Robin in that tavern. Regina did. I don't see how Zelena played a role in that scenario. And considering that Regina was married to Leopold at the time, I can't even image what would have happened if Regina had decided to leave with Robin. Her knowledge of magic wasn't that solid at the time. Also, Leopold would not have been as understanding as Marian. Remember "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree", when he had her banished to her room when he suspected her of adultery?


Yes, Regina chose not to meet Robin, but then Snow tried to use distance to forget Charming after their first adventure. He tried to go through with his arranged marriage, etc, but they kept being brought together. I'm thinking, by the time Regina met Tinkerbelle and had her fairydust adventure, Zelena is already watching. She knows that if Regina and Robin are destined to be together, fate will drive them together irregardless of Regina's decision that night at the tavern. So, she had to distract Robin, who hadn't yet found love and was actively searching for his own happy ending.

Enter a pawn, Marian, a beautiful, kind, virtuous woman, perfect for a hero like Robin Hood. Zelena would have just had to pull their strings to bring them together and add a few conquerable obstacles to ensure they fell in love. They found True Love, got married, had Roland, and by the time Marian kicked the bucket, Regina was so far gone in her quest for revenge, she'd have probably killed Robin herself if she'd run into him and he'd have happily kill the Evil Queen for all her bad deeds (even if he didn't know his love's death was one of them). My comment was that Zelena was puppet mastering certain events in Regina's life as much as Rumple was, and so long as Zelena was, unwittingly, pushing Regina towards the dark curse, he didn't bother interceding.

As for Leopold, Regina believed in going to the wire for love. She was clever, even before she had any magic, and Robin was a master thief who was good enough to pick pocket from advanced magic users. If he and Regina had fallen in love, an old king and his guards wouldn't have been able to stop them. Point of fact, Leopold didn't really stop Regina with the Genie, as she'd wanted him to lock her up so that she could use that as an excuse to get the Genie to kill Leopold. Had she really wanted her 'affair' with the Genie to remain a secret, it would have. And if he couldn't have stopped her there, he wouldn't have stood a chance against Robin and Regina's mutual manipulations. Neither Rumple, nor Zelena, would have allowed their success (albeit for different reasons), but Leopold could bellow commands and stomp his feet and he'd have never been able to do anything to stop them or catch them after the fact.



I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. I just don't. Around the same time Regina first heard of Robin, she was still learning magic. Zelena didn't really bother to go after Regina until after her time with Glinda, Dorothy and the witches of East and South. I think you're over complicating matters just a bit too much. And if this is how Kitsis and Horowitz's tale will end up, my only reaction will be to shake my head in disbelief.

Interfering with Regina's love life with Robin doesn't seem much of a goal for Zelena. It doesn't jibe with her real goal - to have the life that she believed Regina had. Her plot to go back in time to kill Eva so that Cora would marry Leopold and Regina will cease to exist seems more plausible for Zelena's goal.

And why is she still focusing her attention on Regina, when Rumpel would make a more tempting target . . . especially after what he had done to her in "Kansas"?
User avatar
✨MagicDUDE✨
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:19 am

Yeah Samantha I know it sounds stupid when one thing doesn't work out I try again even if it's the craziest idea ever.
True love is the most powerful magic of all!
Samantha
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Samantha » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:30 am

Well i think zelena has focused on regina and that regina stole what should have been hers i think that zelena is focused more on if regina didn't exist everything would be hers so i think she wants to cause regina as much pain as she can and she knows henry and robin are the only things that could truly hurt her and there is no way she could get to henry. Yes her plan probably was to go back and get rid of eva so that regina didn't exist but i don't think she really had an option to what time she went back i think the time period was based on emma because i think somehow emma intervened with her plans so it went back to the time period where prince charming and snow white first met if memory serves emma and hook were discussing that at the time the spell occurred so when zelena was sent back to she was sent in that time period and both cora and eva were long gone so she just took advantage of her circumstances.
User avatar
✨MagicDUDE✨
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 pm

I don't think zelena will be evil. I mean look she spared her life. If Zelena is still alive she'll probably forgive her because she saw that she was trying to find out what happened to her when she died. Oh also what happened to the video when gold altered it I forgot.
True love is the most powerful magic of all!
Samantha
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Samantha » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:41 pm

✨MagicDUDE✨ wrote:I don't think zelena will be evil. I mean look she spared her life. If Zelena is still alive she'll probably forgive her because she saw that she was trying to find out what happened to her when she died. Oh also what happened to the video when gold altered it I forgot.


From the scoops we know Zelena is still evil there is nothing she has done that suggest other wise and the pics show she is still evil she impersonates marian, manipulates robin all so she can get revenge on regina. As for the video gold altered it so unless zelena tells them rumple tried to kill her then i am not sure if that will come into play.

The only way i can see zelena turning good is if she lets her hatred for regina go and the only way that will happen is if she met's cora zelena seems to have transferred all her anger onto her sister
User avatar
✨MagicDUDE✨
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:28 am

The reason I want to know how the video was altered is because that alter could have been real and that could have change that and just one little change can probably spare her but I forgot what happened so yeah. The reason why I think she is good is because if she portrayed Marian she was basically saving her life as Marian. When they cross the border she slowly turns back to zelena. She'll tell Robin when she turns back but u this can't be possible because there no magic and she should turn back immediately so where the heck did she come from.
True love is the most powerful magic of all!
User avatar
CTrent29
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby CTrent29 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Exactly whose life did Zelena save by impersonating Marian? :shrug2:
Samantha
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Samantha » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:06 am

✨MagicDUDE✨ wrote:The reason I want to know how the video was altered is because that alter could have been real and that could have change that and just one little change can probably spare her but I forgot what happened so yeah. The reason why I think she is good is because if she portrayed Marian she was basically saving her life as Marian. When they cross the border she slowly turns back to zelena. She'll tell Robin when she turns back but u this can't be possible because there no magic and she should turn back immediately so where the heck did she come from.


You are basing the assumption that marian was actually the one regina imprisoned but i think is more likely when regina imprisoned her that it was always zelena so zelena didn't save anyones life in fact i am thinking she maybe responsible for marinas death. Robin told regina that she died as a result of something he did but robin had no knowledge that marian was with regina let alone in EF so i think marian died the way she was suppose to or zelena killed her then took her identity she knew that robin and the merry men all believed that marian was dead so it wouldn't be hard for her to take her spot. Zelena went EF where she knew regina would be because she already know how that timeline played out and became marian. Her standing up to regina was all arouse to get captured so she could be in a position to go back with emma and hurt regina (i haven't figure out how she knew emma would be imprisoned yet) in the only way she knew she could. Robin or henry and robin seemed the easiest target. So i don't see how zelena can be good in the senario regina gave her a second chance and she throw it away so i guess all bets are off. I believe regina said in season 3 that she will give her a second chance if she doesn't take it she will be there and crush her heart
User avatar
✨MagicDUDE✨
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Oh sorry ctrent29 I meant that regina saved zelenas life when she was marian
True love is the most powerful magic of all!
User avatar
The Wiz of Oz
Posts: 3228
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:39 am

The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Samantha
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Samantha » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:19 am

Here is the thing i just thought i get robin going to oz my guess is rumple wanted those slippers that zelena had even though i thought she gave them to dorthey unless this happened before she sent dorthey back to kanzas but the thing is from the promo we know robin knew who zelena was when she came to town in season 3 but he lied to everyone including regina they spent half of the season trying to figure out who the wicket witch was and robin knew the whole time
User avatar
The Wiz of Oz
Posts: 3228
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 am

If Robin remembers her. People on this show memories get wiped alot
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
DoneWithOUAT
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby DoneWithOUAT » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:37 am

Zelena is coming back and somehow she has Gold's heart in her possession.
User avatar
The Wiz of Oz
Posts: 3228
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:05 pm

The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
Samantha
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Samantha » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 pm

The Wiz of Oz wrote:If Robin remembers her. People on this show memories get wiped alot



There is no reason he wouldn't they only lost there memories for that one year this predates that and i think this is what he was talking about that he put marian in harms way so i pretty sure he does remember (that would be way to convent)


Also i wonder where regina is the pic above of them in the forest is after they all wake up and at this point the villains know she is still on the hero's side
User avatar
Her Mayorness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: The Forest
Contact:

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Her Mayorness » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Ok so what do we have here..

Robin meets Zelena in Oz, sent by Rumple to get a small object for him. He had to steal from her. Apparently he gets caught and as punishment maybe she turns him into... Tom Ellis? lol I know this sounds weird but given Zelena..

In NY present time, he is also sent to Walsh's shop to get something for Rumple. That box..!
Or maybe that object that'll make Regina do Rumple's bidding.. forever? Argh Rumple.. :twisted:

Also, what if the triple Zelena hid one Marian there? Maybe that's the harm's way during a job?

Yep I know both theories are wild.
PIXIE DUST DOESN'T LIE
Samantha
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Samantha » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:51 am

We also know that robin believes marian is dead and blames himself for it he said that he did a job and she got hurt because of it but he obviously wasn't with her because when marian showed up at the end of season 3 he didn't question she wasn't alive which tells us he wasn't there
User avatar
Montreat11
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: [4x17] Heart of Gold Spoilers

Postby Montreat11 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:45 pm

Wait...BTS pics but no press release? Did I miss something?

Return to “Season 4 Spoilers”