Rumple is not the only one to blame!

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 4.
desa

Rumple is not the only one to blame!

Postby desa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:57 am

Since I am sad and disappointed with RumBelle right now I would like to share this with you.Don't know how many will agree but here it is.
This is just listing about what has Rumple done for Belle and her benefit.
He built her a library in his castle.
He saved her from QoD.
He loved her enough to release her from their deal to be his maid and let her be a hero like she read in the books(He could have turned her in to a toad).
He took her in gave her roof over her head.
He gave her library and a flat even when she said it was over between them.
He healed her when Hook shoot her.
He was there for her while she lost her memories.(The solution of the Charmings and Red for Belles amnesia was to leave her in a hospital like some looney tunes).
He win her over while she was Lacey even though that meant giving to his dark side and loosing Bae(Remember that scene with kicking Dr.Whale).
He left her in Storybrook and left for Neverland so she could be a hero and protect the town and tried to spare her from seeing his demise.
He died and killed his own father to save them all(He did it because Bae and BELLE).
I can not think of a single thing that Belle did or had to give up because of Rumple.
Yes he lied to her but never once did he think about going to our world without her.
What she did was to bury her head in the sand and give no help and no support to him at all and that is her fault.She choose to turn a blind eye and pretend that everything was OK.
He has been trough death,resurrection,enslavement and the death of his son and all she could think of was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.
Sorry but I just can not blame Rumple for everything that has gone wrong between them.It was a relationship and worst of all it was marriage and it needed two of them to break it.
Jennie

Re: Rumple is not the only one to blame!

Postby Jennie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:46 pm

As a Rumbelle fan I can't agree with much of what you posted here. I really felt for Rumple last night, but he is definitely to blame for the end of his marriage.

desa wrote:He built her a library in his castle.

Where he was holding her as an indentured servant. Nice, but hardly something she should feel grateful for.
He saved her from QoD.

He placed her in danger to begin with. It was the least he could do if he cared even a little bit.
He loved her enough to release her from their deal to be his maid and let her be a hero like she read in the books(He could have turned her in to a toad).

Belle was already a hero. She saved her people by sacrificing her freedom to go with Rumple. But yes, I suppose she should be grateful he didn't turn her into a toad...
He took her in gave her roof over her head.
He gave her library and a flat even when she said it was over between them.

Trying to buy her affections, perhaps.
He healed her when Hook shoot her.

I'm not trying to take any blame away from Hook, because he did shoot her, but it was because she loved Rumple. Again, the very least he could do was heal the wound of the woman he loves as it cost him nothing to do so.
He was there for her while she lost her memories.(The solution of the Charmings and Red for Belles amnesia was to leave her in a hospital like some looney tunes).
He win her over while she was Lacey even though that meant giving to his dark side and loosing Bae(Remember that scene with kicking Dr.Whale).

I didn't like how they handled Belle's amnesia, but it was indeed a difficult situation. However, giving in to his dark side to win over Lacey is not what Belle would have wanted and he knew that. He was beating up Nottingham because he wanted to, but when he noticed that it turned Lacey on, he kept on...Belle was not Lacey, even if Lacey is buried deep inside her somewhere.
He left her in Storybrook and left for Neverland so she could be a hero and protect the town and tried to spare her from seeing his demise.
He died and killed his own father to save them all(He did it because Bae and BELLE).

The first part is debatable, but he did indeed die to save Neal and Belle. He does indeed love her, but that doesn't excuse everything else.
I can not think of a single thing that Belle did or had to give up because of Rumple.

Let's see...her freedom and her freewill. Their relationship began when he traded his help for her servitude. She eventually broke through to the goodness inside him, but I recall him throwing her into a dungeon as well. Just because he didn't beat or kill her, doesn't mean she should be grateful for her imprisonment. On to her freewill...I'm talking about everything that happened in 3A. Because of the dagger, Rumple of all people should know how it feels to be controlled and shouldn't want to do it to the woman he loves. But through the course of those episodes, he gives her a fake dagger (and pretends that she is controlling him when she uses it to try and save Anna), uses magic on her repeatedly without her knowledge, and intends to wipe her memories and lie to her about what happened in Storybrook if he succeeds.
Yes he lied to her but never once did he think about going to our world without her.

Do you honestly think she should be happy that he was going to do that to her? That what she doesn't know doesn't hurt her?

What she did was to bury her head in the sand and give no help and no support to him at all and that is her fault.She choose to turn a blind eye and pretend that everything was OK.

Agreed. That was why she was so angry at herself. She loved him so much that she didn't want to see what was right in front of her.
He has been trough death,resurrection,enslavement and the death of his son and all she could think of was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

They were newlyweds. She should be happy. But on their honeymoon he even used magic to freeze her while he used his dagger on the hat. That was the point where I knew Rumbelle was in for a rocky road.
Sorry but I just can not blame Rumple for everything that has gone wrong between them.It was a relationship and worst of all it was marriage and it needed two of them to break it.

Belle blames herself for not seeing the truth. It was right in front of her and she didn't try to stop him before it was too late. She was betrayed by the man she loved. As someone who loves Rumple because of the amazing Robert Carlyle, that scene where she forced him to leave town was heartbreaking. But saying that Rumple didn't bring it on himself feels like victim-blaming to me.

I want to end this by saying that I completely believe :heart: Rumbelle is ENDGAME :heart: and they will work this out one way or another. I believe this thing with Will is a rebound for both of them (though we don't know what happened with Ana, they were disgustingly happy last we saw them at Alice's wedding).
"We either live happily ever after or we get killed by horrible curses."
"The days of happy ever after are over. These are dark times."
desa

Re: Rumple is not the only one to blame!

Postby desa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Even if we do not agree on a lot of things Thank You for your comment. :rose: :rose: :rose:
All I can say is that I am too tired of RumBelle being the End Game.I wanted to see a little of that happiness they had while living together like common domestic stuff you know but there was nothing all we have now is them hurting each other I guess I am too tired of them being split up yet once again because it suits the writers.I guess what I am saying is that I give up.Naturally I'll keep on watching because of Rumple,Regina and Emma but as far as for me RumBelle is gone and if they do come back at some point I won't be happy about that. :( :( :(

Return to “Season 4 Spoilers”