Robin Hood's Return Arc 10/21/2016

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 6.
The Wiz of Oz

Robin Hood's Return Arc 10/21/2016

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:39 am

Once Upon a Time's Sean Maguire says Robin Hood return provides closure

Sean Maguire’s upcoming return to Once Upon a Time will provide closure for Robin Hood after his tragic and sudden death last season, the actor reveals to EW.

While promoting his role on NBC’s time travel drama Timeless, in which he plays James Bond author Ian Fleming during Monday’s episode, Maguire says he wasn’t keen for Robin Hood to just show up via flashback — something executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis have noted isn’t necessarily the case. “No, and that was one of the things,” Maguire says. “I mean in all honesty, I’ve had conversations with the chaps [Horowitz and Kitsis], we’ve had creative discussions about how Robin would be able to come back, and I said, ‘Look, I just feel like… it would make me feel unsatisfied as an audience member to do it as flashbacks,’ and they said, ‘No, that’s not our intention.’”

“They pitched me this idea and it sounded really interesting,” Maguire continues. “It’s an opportunity to give some closure to this character, because I saw on social media that people felt that it was an abrupt end and it left a lot of questions unanswered. I don’t really know what the full completion of this arc is, I just know the premise and I thought it sounded interesting enough to give the audience that little bit of closure, and myself as well, because [I thought] it was rather quick and abrupt, too.”

Maguire will appear in multiple episodes this season, but Robin Hood will not be coming back to life after sacrificing himself to save Regina (Lana Parrilla). Still, Maguire ultimately hopes the show will “give the audience a happy ending,” he says. “It was lovely, absolutely lovely [to play him], and I’m so grateful to the writers and everyone on the show for helping make that character a popular character, because I feel very blessed to have played him.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/21/on ... ood-return
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ

Return to “Season 6 Spoilers”