[6x20] The Song In Your Heart Spoilers

Once Upon a Time spoilers for season 6.
The Wiz of Oz

[6x20] The Song In Your Heart Spoilers

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 am

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/02/once-u ... title.html

EW can exclusively reveal that the upcoming hour will feature seven songs, including a big solo for Jennifer Morrison’s Emma Swan.

Further details on the episode — including who else is singing, what they’re singing and why they’re singing — are still being kept under wraps. (TVLine.com reported earlier Friday that Lana Parrilla would lend her voice to the episode.) When EW hit the set of Vancouver-based series last week, the cast was gleefully trying to sort some of that info out for themselves.

“We’ll all so excited about it,” Morrison tells EW. “It’s one of those things we’ve all thought about. Most of us have musical theater backgrounds or have had singing in our lives, or music in our lives, in some way. We’ve joked about it, thought about it. We’re all just listening to each other songs now trying to work out how the songs fit together and what the storyline is.”

The musical episode is slated to air this spring. Stay tuned for more details.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/17/once-upon-t ... -spoilers/
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
The Wiz of Oz

Re: [6x20] The Song In Your Heart Spoilers

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:25 am

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Question: Any new song scoops for the Once Upon a Time musical episode? —Sheri
Ausiello: Someone has a solo number that is quite… wicked.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/28/nashville- ... e-britton/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:06 am

Once Upon a Time's Emma and Hook Are Heading for a Fairy Tale Wedding — 5 Things to Know Right Now

It can finally be double-secret officially announced: Once Upon a Time‘s Emma Swan and Captain “Killian Jones” Hook are heading for a wedding.

The confirmation comes on the heels of this Sunday’s episode, in which some of Peter Pan’s magic from Neverland combined with powerful Pixie flower petals allowed Hook (played by Colin O’Donoghue) to return to Storybrooke, where he and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) happily reunited and reaffirmed their plan to walk down the aisle. (Elsewhere, Snow and Charming were rescued from the sleeping curse when Regina got the idea to “dilute” its power by having family and friends also partake in the spell.)
TVLine was on set for the filming of the wedding episode, on March 7 at the show’s soundstage in Vancouver. Many more, exclusive details will be served up as the Big Day draws near, but for right now, here are five things to know:
♥ Airing Sunday, May 7 at 8/7c, the wedding episode is titled “The Song in Your Heart” — because it is also the series’ musical episode (which TVLine was the first to tell you about back in January).
♥ The musical episode features seven original songs penned by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner, with arrangements provided by Once‘s long-time composer Mark Isham. In addition to Morrison and O’Donoghue, Lana Parrilla, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas and Rebecca Mader are among the cast members you will hear sing.
♥ The episode has been in the works since last summer, when Once co-creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis met with Zachary and Weiner. “We’ve been planning it for a long time,” says Kitsis.
RELATEDOnce Upon a Time Shake-Up: Who’s in Talks to Return for Season 7?
♥ Yes, the wedding is poised to mark Emma and Hook’s affirmation of love, but even more importantly, it signals how far the series’ central protaganist has come in six seasons, having first arrived on the scene with her emotional walls raised high and firm. “For us,” says Kitsis, “the most important thing is that it was intimate and that you really understood that this was a real milestone in Emma’s growth.” One other goal? “Hopefully to make some people cry.”
♥ Yet despite such best intentions, the ceremony miiiiight not go off without a hitch. As Horowitz reminds, “Weddings on the TV series Once Upon a Time traditionally are fraught with unexpected circumstances. And this is no different.”

http://tvline.com/2017/04/16/once-upon- ... k-preview/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:39 pm

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 am

Once Upon a Time: Everything you need to know about the musical episode
NATALIE ABRAMS@NATALIEABRAMS

We know Emma and Hook are getting married in the upcoming musical episode, but what we don’t know quite yet is why — and EW hunted down Once Upon a Time executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis to get some answers.

But first, here’s what we know so far: The musical hour, which will air Sunday, May 7 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC, is titled “The Song in Your Heart.” As we previously revealed, the hour will feature seven original songs from Alan Zachary, Michael Weiner, and OUAT composer Mark Isham.

Among those singing during the episode are Emma (Jennifer Morrison), Regina (Lana Parrilla), Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), Charming (Josh Dallas), Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin), Zelena (Rebecca Mader), Henry (Jared Gilmore), Granny (Beverley Elliott), Grumpy (Lee Arenberg), Geppetto (Tony Amendola), and more. Here’s what else you need to know:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why is everyone breaking into song?
ADAM HOROWITZ:
What we can say is that we want to keep the machinations a little bit of a surprise, but that it’s key to Emma’s journey — the journey that began in the pilot and that we’ve seen throughout the whole series. The singing and the musical is tied directly to Emma.

Why did you decide to do a musical for Emma’s wedding?
EDWARD KITSIS:
At the beginning of the year, we met with these composers, Alan and Michael, who we love. When we started talking about the musical, we wanted it to be a special episode. We thought Emma’s wedding felt like the natural milestone for us.
HOROWITZ: It felt like the right place. Hopefully, when you see how the device works within the episode and how it relates to Emma and her character journey, it all seems to make sense that it would lead up to this. It worked on both a plot and character level, and it allowed us the fun of actually doing a musical episode.
KITSIS: One of the fun things about a musical is you emotionally say what you’re thinking in song. For Emma, who has been a very guarded and walled-up person, the wedding signifies the growth of her being able to trust someone again and letting her walls down, so we felt like the musical was perfectly a match with that.
HOROWITZ: All the songs in the musical are designed — and we hope this audience feels this way when they watch it — to not be to just stop and have a song; they’re designed to actually reveal character and move the story forward. Each song is constructed in a way that’s dealing with what’s going on with the characters and what’s going on with the story. We’re trying to move toward something. It builds to that wedding, which — like everything in the episode — we hope is filled with a few other surprises.

What can you tease for some of the songs we’ll be hearing?
KITSIS:
The songs are all original. They’re specific to each character. Hook’s song, and the Evil Queen, Snow and Charming, it’s like their episodes all individually have their own tone to them, I think the songs are as well.
HOROWITZ: Stylistically, each song is suited to the character’s journey, so that when we see Hook singing, we can say that song does take place in a flashback, and it fits tonally in what a pirate would be thinking and what Hook would be thinking and therefore singing at the time we see him, which is kind of a pirate with a dark streak. In the same respect, when we see Snow and Charming’s song, there’s a duet and a true love element to it. Through all of them, we try to have the songs and the style of the songs tie into who the characters are and what they’re going through. The composers did an incredible job. These songs surpassed our expectations when we heard them, and then when we heard our cast and what they could do with them, it surpassed even further. So we’re really excited about it.
KITSIS: And they’re catchy.
HOROWITZ: Yeah, these are really fun, catchy, cool songs, and different styles from a ballad to real rock & roll to all sorts of stuff.

Are the characters aware that it’s odd that they’re singing? Do you go meta in that sense?
KITSIS:
I would say yes.
HOROWITZ: Yup, it’s not just like singing and nobody acknowledges that songs are happening. They definitely acknowledge that there is singing going on and that it’s an unusual development, because through the previous 130 episodes, there hasn’t been singing.

When it came to singing and dancing, was there anyone in the cast who surprised you?
KITSIS:
That is a really tough question because we knew the ones that were singing all had musical theater backgrounds.
HOROWITZ: Pongo.
KITSIS: Yes, Pongo really good. [Laughs.] No, we kind of went in knowing, but I’ll be honest, about a month before, Ginny [Goodwin] kept saying, “Oh, I can’t sing, I can’t sing,” and then when we heard her voice, we were like, “Why did you lie to us?” So I went in thinking, “Well, every time she sings happy birthday, it sounds great,” but she kept saying she couldn’t sing, and then when we heard her, it was phenomenal. I was only surprised in the sense that she told us she couldn’t and she could, so we have to call her out as a liar here at EW. She can sing!

One question that’s come up a lot: Is Rumple going to sing?
KITSIS:
For that, we’ll have to wait until the musical airs!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/23/once-upon-t ... -spoilers/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:36 am

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:49 am

Once Upon a Time Gets Musical: Which Star Was Terrified? Who Belts Just One Line? And Why Is Everyone Singing?!
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Whistle while you work….
When you wish upon a star….
Let it go-o-o-o-o-….
Many a Disney fairy tale has been punctuated by memorable tunes, but ABC’s Once Upon a Time has never added music to its mix. That is, not until next Sunday, May 7, when Season 6’s antepenultimate hour, “The Song in Your Heart,” is cued up.

FROM JAZZED TO… JAZZ HANDS? | Since Day 1, nary a Once fan event has gone by where the cast and or creators have not been asked about the possibility of a musical episode. “Whenever they ask us at conventions I’m always like, ‘Yeah. Let’s do it!’ — and I rile the crowd up even more because I think it’s a f–king brilliant idea,” Rebecca Mader, who plays Zelena, told TVLine during filming of the landmark hour. “So when I found out they were actually doing it I was like, ‘Oh my God.’ I knew that the fans were going to go nuts.”
Yet though the idea has oft been bandied about, having it become reality triggered a variety of reactions from the cast who would actually be recruited to croon on camera.
“I said that in theory I was keen,” Ginnifer Goodwin shares, “but the truth is when it became a reality I grew terrified, and asked if I could be a doo-wop girl in the background. Jazz hands and all!” Lana Parrilla meanwhile said that on a scale of 1 to 10, her anxiety level started out at “maybe a 7 — mostly because I haven’t done a musical since I was 19 years old. I love singing in the shower and in the car, and with Rebecca — we’re always singing together [on set] — but I didn’t know what kind of number I would have. I didn’t know who was singing, if it was Regina or the Queen, and that really made a big difference.” (More on that in a bit.)

On the far calmer end of the spectrum were Jennifer Morrison and Colin O’Donoghue — which is, well, good, seeing as Emma and Hook’s wedding is a focal point of the musical hour! “Colin and I were predisposed,” Morrison says, “because we both came from musical backgrounds, so to us it just sounded like it would be really fun. We’re just happy that it finally worked out.”
TV son Jared Gilmore meanwhile knew precisely the extent of the vocal skills he himself would bring to the table. “I have one singing line in the episode,” he reports. “At first I was kind of like, ‘OK. I don’t have a number,’ but then I was like, ‘Oh wait. It’s probably for the best, because I can’t exactly sing.’ I’d probably just embarrass myself. And my family!”
“I, for one, never thought we would do a musical episode,” says Josh Dallas. “I know there was talk about it, and people would ask, but I just never thought we would ever do one.” But at the end of the day, he adds, “Once Upon a Time absolutely lends itself to a musical format.”

MAKING BEAUTIFUL MUSIC TOGETHER |
Although at least one cast member assumed that if this day came, Once Upon a Time would recycle famous Disney tunes, that was never the plan. Instead, series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis last summer sat down with songwriters (and Once fans!) Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner to hash out the grand plan, which would lead to seven original tunes being penned. “After we let the cast know [about the musical episode],” says Horowitz, “they got together with the composers, to tailor all the songs to each actor and their character specifically.”
As a result, “They ended up presenting us with these gorgeous, original and really catchy pieces,” Goodwin raves. “I really can’t see them not being hits.” Morrison, who has a solo, concurs, saying, “They wrote the songs for our voices, because they knew our ranges and where we were comfortable.” As O’Donoghue puts it, “Just as the show takes those sort of characters that everybody knows and makes them fresh and new, in a sense that’s what’s happened [with the music].”
Now, for the million-dollar question asked of every TV series that braves a musical episode: Why is everyone suddenly singing?
Simply said: We learn in flashbacks that Snow White, when pregnant with Emma, inadvertently cast a spell that makes highly emotional people only able to express themselves through song. That allows for musical numbers both in the Enchanted Forest of yesteryear as well in present-day Storybrooke, when the spell resurfaces.

NAME THAT TUNE | As for what you will hear once May 6 rolls around, there are seven songs in total. In addition to Emma’s solo (about “a song that has been living in her heart all along”), viewers can expect a highly entertaining sing-off between the Charmings and the Evil Queen (“Our weapons are our song,” Dallas previews), as well as what Mader describes as “a full-on Broadway number” for Zelena the Wicked Witch. “It’s almost like Once Upon a Time‘s reimagined version of [Wicked‘s] ‘Defying Gravity.'”
During TVLine’s set visit, the choreographers revealed that a number set aboard the Jolly Roger features some very fun and fancy footwork, while the Evil Queen has a high-energy, slide-on-her-knees performance, for a tune whose message is “down with love, down with hope,” explains Parrilla. “The Queen has moves,” the actress adds with a wink. “She’s a rock star!”
The song list also includes a duet that swells into a group performance, affording all of the characters on hand a chance for a whirl, a twirl or, in Gilmore’s case, a brief warble (his aforementioned “one line” elicited the sweetest of reactions from the crew, take after take after take). The rousing, climactic number “is so perfect for the show,” O’Donoghue observes.
(As for Rumple and Belle, due to spoilery happenings in the April 30 episode, titled “The Black Fairy,” they are “laying low” during the musical episode, says Kitsis, though Rumple will be seen.)

‘IT FELT LIKE THE PILOT AGAIN’ | The cast’s abundant enthusiasm did not go unnoticed when the show bosses arrived on set during production of the musical hour.
“It was really re-energizing,” Kitsis says of the endeavor’s infectious effect on both cast and crew — no small feat this late into the season, and even more impressive this deep into the show’s run. “It was Episode 130 and you really felt like it was the pilot again,” Kitsis says. “Everyone was nervous and giddy and excited….
“It was one of those things we were terrified of as showrunners, but once we saw how excited everyone was to do it, it made us really glad that we attempted to pull it off.”
As for whether the Once audience might respond with a standing O, Parrilla predicts, “They’re going to love it.” As she notes, “To see these characters that they’ve been watching over the years sing is refreshing. It’s a totally different form of expression. And it makes sense, which I think is critical — that it really works with our storytelling.”

http://tvline.com/2017/04/29/once-upon- ... e-preview/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon May 01, 2017 1:03 am

Promo
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue May 02, 2017 7:36 am

THE STORYBROOKE RESIDENTS DISCOVER THE POWER OF SONG, WHILE EMMA AND HOOK PREPARE TO WALK DOWN THE AISLE ON THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED MUSICAL EPISODE, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“The Song in Your Heart” – In flashback, Snow and Charming make a special wish that Emma will be protected. The result of their wish has the whole kingdom bursting into song which infuriates the Evil Queen. Meanwhile in Storybrooke, the Black Fairy announces her plans to unleash another curse on the town while Emma and Hook prepare for their wedding, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, MAY 7 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Tony Amendola as Marco/Geppetto, Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior Blue Fairy, Raphael Sbarge as Archie/Jiminy Cricket, Beverly Elliott as Granny, David Avalon as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Walter/Sleepy, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful, Giancarlo Esposito as Sydney/Mirror, Christopher Gauthier as William Smee, Jaime Murray as Black Fairy, Jack Davies as Young Pinocchio, McKenna Grace as Young Emma and Ari Guzhel as Older Girl.

“The Song in Your Heart” was written by David H. Goodman and Andrew Chambliss and directed by Ron Underwood.

Music written by Michael Weiner and Alan Zachary and Mark Isham composes.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 am

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 am

The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 am