OUAT Season 7 Casting

Once Upon a Time spoilers.
The Wiz of Oz

OUAT Season 7 Casting

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 am

ABC’s Once Upon A Time is building out its cast for the upcoming seventh season. Devious Maids alum Dania Ramirez and Gabrielle Anwar (Burn Notice) are set as series regulars, and Mekia Cox (Chicago Med), Rose Reynolds (Wasted) and Reign‘s Adelaide Kane have signed on for recurring roles in the fantasy drama. Character details are being kept under wraps for now, so stay tuned.

The new additions follow the exodus of original cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin, Jared S. Gilmore, Jennifer Morrison and Rebecca Mader at the end of Season 6, and set the stage for the planned “reset” of Season 7. The new season will focus on returning cast members Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue, along with The Walking Dead‘s Andrew J. West, who was introduced in the Season 6 finale.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/once-upon-a ... 202124249/
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
The Wiz of Oz

Re: OUAT Season 7 Casting

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 am

Emilie de Ravin will return for at least one episode during Once Upon a Time‘s seventh season, EW has learned exclusively.

The actress, who first joined the ABC fairy tale drama in season 1 as Belle of Beauty and the Beast fame, exited OUAT as a series regular alongside five other actors at the close of season 6. However, when EW sat down with executive producers Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis, and David H. Goodman to conduct the first edition of The Hot Seat for season 7, the trio confirmed that de Ravin would return in episode 4 to provide an update on Belle.

At the close of the season, Belle and the other residents of Storybrooke seemed to get their happy endings. However, in a flash-forward to the future, Henry’s (Andrew J. West) daughter Lucy (Alison Fernandez) said his family needed his help, leaving fans worried about the fates of their favorite characters — especially since many of them would not return in full capacity. That was particularly prevalent with Belle since de Ravin would not be returning full-time, while Robert Carlyle would be continuing as Rumple.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/once-upon-a ... ow_twitter
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:14 am

ABC is putting a face to Once Upon a Time‘s Season 7 reset. Five faces, actually.
TVLine has learned that the Friday-bound fantasy drama is adding nearly a half-dozen new female cast members, most notably Burn Notice alum Gabrielle Anwar, Devious Maids vet Dania Ramirez and ex-Reign royal Adelaide Kane. Also boarding the rejiggered seventh season: Chicago Med‘s Mekia Cox and English actress Rose Reynolds (Poldark).

Details on the role each actress will be playing will be announced at Comic-Con a later date, but here are five clues you can chew on in the meantime: TVLine can confirm that Anwar and Ramirez will be full-fledged series regulars, while Kane, Cox and Reynolds are set to recur (at least initially).
RELATEDOnce Upon a Time‘s Season 7 Premiere Title Revealed: What Does It Mean?
The new blood infusion comes as Once boldly heads into uncharted narrative territory, down six key cast members including Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin, Jared Gilmore and Rebecca Mader. (Longtime Once stars Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue are staying put.)

As teed up in the Season 6 finale, Once Season 7 will revolve around a grown-up Henry (played by The Walking Dead‘s Andrew J. West) and his daughter Lucy (Jane the Virgin‘s Alison Fernandez). The official logline for the “reset” warns that “the residents of the Enchanted Forest face their greatest challenge yet” as Parrilla’s Evil Queen, O’Donoghue’s Captain Hook and Carlyle’s Rumplestiltskin join forces with Henry and Lucy “on an epic quest to once again bring hope to their world and ours. Along the way, fairy tale characters new and old search for true love, find adventure and once again take sides in the struggle of good against evil, as classic tales are once more twisted and reimagined.”

http://tvline.com/2017/07/06/once-upon- ... a-ramirez/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 am

Following the news that Once Upon a Time‘s upcoming seventh season would feature a new iteration of Cinderella, the OUAT bosses revealed at Comic-Con Saturday that we’ll also be seeing her wicked family — and some other familiar faces from the Disney canon.

As previously announced, Dania Ramirez will play a new iteration of Cinderella, who happens to be Lucy’s mother/Henry’s wife. New series regular Gabrielle Anwar will be playing Cinderella’s evil stepmother Lady Tremaine, while recurring addition Adelaide Kane will play her wicked stepsister Drisella. Recurring adds Rose Reynolds and Mekia Cox will be playing Alice in Wonderland and Tiana, respectively.

To explain exactly what they’re doing next year, the OUAT bosses treated fans to a first look at the opening scenes of season 7. Here’s what we saw: In Storybrooke an indeterminate time after the events of the finale, a young Henry decides to leave home. He’s still the Author and wants to find his own story — it’s not here in this realm. He explains to Regina that when he finished the first book, he returned it to the Sorcerer’s mansion and found other books, including ones that featured French and Italian Snow Whites. So he wants to venture to new realms. Using August’s motorcycle, he throws a magic bean to go to a new land. Regina is surprised that Emma and Snow/Charming are alright with this, but Henry says stubbornness runs in the family. We then find the older Henry in another realm, years later, riding his motorcycle through the woods when he runs into Dania Ramirez’s Cinderella running away in the carriage. She’s thrown from the carriage and knocked out. Henry realizes who she is. Title card. Boom.

While we’ll be seeing new iterations of characters, we will still be seeing the same Hook, Regina, and Rumple we know and love — though it appears they may be under a curse with new identities. In a new trailer screened at the end of the panel, we also saw glimpses of Hook dressed as a cop and Regina (possibly) as a bartender. Here’s the deal: “Henry’s on a new adventure. He left home and he wants to visit other storybooks with different stories and different characters and he obviously falls in love with Cinderella,” executive producer Edward Kitsis said. “He gets into some trouble and he calls out to help from his family, and the three people you see on the stage come to his rescue. It’s really these three and Henry on an epic adventure.” To note: You wouldn’t see the new Cinderella and the old (played by Jessy Schram) at the same time since she’s back in Storybrooke, not in this new realm. Plus: EP Adam Horowitz said it’s likely we’ll some of those

To note: You wouldn’t see the new Cinderella and the old (played by Jessy Schram) at the same time since she’s back in Storybrooke, not in this new realm. Plus, EP Adam Horowitz said it’s likely we’ll see some of those exiting cast members return in some capacity. “It’s our hope that we’ll be seeing a lot of them pop up from time to time during the season. This isn’t the end.”

Though the show is going through a reboot with some new characters, the OUAT bosses promise they’re not erasing the past. “We had a plan for the original show that ran six seasons and at a point, we felt like it was time for characters to get their happy endings,” Kitsis says. “What we’re going to do now is go on a new adventure. If your real fear is we’re going to erase the last six years, we are not… The advice I would give to the characters is never stop fighting for what you believe in and never give up.”

Lana Parrilla had some advice for her character as well: “To never give up,” the actress said. Robert Carlyle’s advice for Rumple, meanwhile: “Be careful with magic beans.”

Colin O’Donoghue didn’t have advice for his character just yet, but he did touch on the possibility of Hook and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) having a child. “They love each other and it’s true love, and they’re married, so the next logical step for them would be to consider whether or not [they should] have a baby,” O’Donoghue teases. The actor also noted he hoped to explore more about Hook’s mother in the future.

In other news from the panel, Kitsis says the show will feature a prominent LGBT character in season 7. “We are planning to do it this year,” he says.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/once-upon-t ... ow_twitter
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Giles Matthey will return during the seventh season of Once Upon a Time, EW has learned exclusively.

The actor, who joined the show in season 6 as the son of Belle (Emilie de Ravin) and Rumple (Robert Carlyle), was thought to be a villain, coerced by the Black Fairy (Jaime Murray) to take out Emma (Jennifer Morrison). But the character was ultimately redeemed and reverted back to his baby self by season’s end.

With the show now jumping ahead in time, Gideon will be fully grown once more, appearing in the Rumple-centric fourth episode. As EW previously reported, de Ravin will also reprise her role as Belle in that hour.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/01/once-upon-t ... mentweekly
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Australian actress Emma Booth (Underbelly, Gods of Egypt) has landed a major recurring role on the upcoming seventh season of ABC’s Once Upon a Time, which is undergoing a reset with new stories and a number of new characters. She will play The Witch who is as wicked as they come.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/once-upon-a ... 202140065/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:45 am

Robin Givens has been tapped to play Tiana’s mother on Once Upon a Time, EW has learned exclusively.

As previously announced, Mekia Cox joins the ABC fairy tale drama as Princess and the Frog heroine Tiana, who’s among a quintet of new faces appearing in the show’s rebooted seventh season.

Givens, who currently costars on Riverdale, will pop up in at least one episode as Eudora, a loving mother to Tiana and benevolent noblewoman. Formerly wealthy, now facing financial disaster, she handles the transition with grace and inner moral strength.

Weeks prior to Givens’ casting, Cox actually met her TV mom-to-be in the elevator at their hotel in Vancouver, where the Head of the Class alum is currently shooting Riverdale. “I had come from the grocery store, and there was this woman waiting for the elevator, but I didn’t really see her,” Cox says. “We got on the elevator and I turned and said, ‘Oh, hi! I know you.’ She was like, ‘Oh?’ I know I probably scared her. I was like, ‘I think you’re great.’ ‘Oh, thank you,’ and she looked at my grocery bags and she was like, ‘That’s normally me.’ I was like, ‘I need my own groceries, I can’t eat out every day.’ We had a fun little moment with each other and that was that. Then I came to set and found out she was going to be playing my mother, so when I re-met her, she was like, ‘It’s nice to meet you,’ and I was like, ‘Well, it’s re-meeting because I’m the girl from the elevator.’ She was as excited as I was at that time. She’s the sweetest woman, she’s very down to earth and it’s really awesome getting to work with her and play her daughter.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/30/once-upon-t ... tiana-mom/
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Another Once Upon a Time princess is getting a “reboot” for Season 7.
TVLine has learned exclusively that ABC’s fantasy drama has tapped TURN: Washington‘s Spies alum Meegan Warner to guest-star as a new version of Rapunzel. The iconic, well-tressed princess previously appeared on Once back in Season 3, first played by Chicago Fire‘s Alexandra Metz.

Warner’s Rapunzel will find herself magically trapped in a tower by an evil sorceress. Feisty and full of pluck, she will do whatever it takes to break this spell and make the sorceress who imprisoned her pay for those crimes.
The Australian actress’ casting represents Once‘s latest canon tweak as it heads into its revamped seventh season. As previously reported, new series regular Dania Ramirez will portray a new version of Cinderella (succeeding Jessy Schram), while Rose Reynolds (Poldark) will recur as a new version of Wonderland’s Alice (played on the spinoff by Sophie Lowe).

http://tvline.com/2017/09/08/once-upon- ... an-warner/

Return to “Spoilers”