TV LINE: Once Upon a Time Shake-Up: 4 Vets in Talks to Return for Possible Season 7

Once Upon a Time spoilers.
The Wiz of Oz

TV LINE: Once Upon a Time Shake-Up: 4 Vets in Talks to Return for Possible Season 7

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Once Upon a Time Shake-Up: 4 Vets in Talks to Return for Possible Season 7

Some Storybrooke residents are renewing their lease — and some might not be.
Once Upon a Time stars Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue are currently in negotiations to extend their contracts for a potential Season 7, TVLine has learned.
Once Upon a Time Season 6 Photos
Launch Gallery

Morrison, Parrilla and Carlyle have been with the series since its premiere; O’Donoghue joined the ensemble in early Season 2.
The status of cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin and Jared Gilmore — all of whom also have expiring contracts — is to be determined.
The shake-up, sources say, is largely creative-driven (in keeping with recent reports of a Season 7 “reset“) versus a Castle-like cost-cutting measure. As part of the tweaked creative direction, two new characters/potential series regulars have been cast to appear in the May finale: Andrew J. West (The Walking Dead) will play a “strong yet vulnerable” leading man who was once optimistic but now is a cynical recluse, while Alison Fernandez (Jane the Virgin) will appear as a precocious 10-year-old with a “constant twinkle of mischief in her eye.”

Having heard from series creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis some “interesting” potential ideas for the future, ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey said in January, “Regardless of what we decide to do … I think [Adam and Eddy] would put a little bit of a bow here” — what she later called “closure in this particular narrative” — “and then there is a ‘next piece’ that comes after that. So they are trying to figure out what that [next piece] is and how that works.”
Once debuted in fall of 2011 as one of that TV season’s highest-rated launches, but the fantasy drama’s numbers have steadily waned over the years, with this past Sunday’s Season 6B opener hitting series lows of 3 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating.

http://tvline.com/2017/03/10/once-upon- ... contracts/
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
jujubee

Re: TV LINE: Once Upon a Time Shake-Up: 4 Vets in Talks to Return for Possible Season 7

Postby jujubee » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks for posting this!
I'm surprised about Robert Carlyle, but it's promising news; Once wouldn't be the same without Rumple.
But how can we not have the Charmings?! I hope Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin stay and get more, better use of their talents. The show could always use more of the Charmings.
Hoping for a season 7, but if not, wishing the best to all the great actors on the show.
NickyHelp

Re: TV LINE: Once Upon a Time Shake-Up: 4 Vets in Talks to Return for Possible Season 7

Postby NickyHelp » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 am

jujubee wrote:Thanks for posting this!
I'm surprised about Robert Carlyle, but it's promising news; Once wouldn't be the same without Rumple.
But how can we not have the Charmings?! I hope Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin stay and get more, better use of their talents. The show could always use more of the Charmings.
Hoping for a season 7, but if not, wishing the best to all the great actors on the show.

Excuse me, but it did not say the Charmings are not returning. And besides, the negotiation was only for those four actoss. And we did not hear anything about word of all four of them staying.

With a little General knowledge that it may not be what you think. I mean this negotian with only four of the regulars sounds exacly similar to Grey's Anatomy when having this sort of negotian with five of the regulars (including the top lead) for a season 13 when the rest of the regulars were not involved.

It sounded more like an negotian for which of the four may stay for season 7 or leave. I was doing a little research for a similar situarion, and that sounded alot like what happened in Grey's Anatomy cast. And then what happens later after the negotians, four of the regulars who were part of the negotiation stayed for 13 except 1. And the rest of the regulars who were not part of the negiotiation still stays as regulars.

For that, it sounds more like the negotiation with the four regulars of OUAT is really checking to see which one might leave or stay. And after all, with the new upcoming characters who were somehow hinted that they will be new regulars, looks more they might take over two of the four's place.

The Promo with the Evil Queen saying a final chapter for some of our characters looked more like someone or two is going die or leave.

Return to “Spoilers”