Baby Hood

General Once Upon a Time chat.
aeverett

Baby Hood

Postby aeverett » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:30 am

I've been trying to reconcile Baby Hood and Regina's 'Happy Ending' and I can't see it. How can Regina accept that kid into her home? I just can't reconcile that baby in Regina's life and her desire for freedom and the ability to determine her own destiny, her happy ending.
Robert60

Re: Baby Hood

Postby Robert60 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Sometimes, if you want someone bad enough you may have to change your tune. If Regina wants Robin then she has to accept his child. I don't know of anyone who gets to have everything their own way all the time.
aeverett

Postby aeverett » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:18 am

Robert60 wrote:Sometimes, if you want someone bad enough you may have to change your tune. If Regina wants Robin then she has to accept his child. I don't know of anyone who gets to have everything their own way all the time.

This isn't about Regina wanting her own way but setting healthy boundaries for herself. She was forced to raise a child she didn't want before and it helped to drive her into homicidal insanity. I doubt she'll backslide as she'll still have the people she does love, like Henry, but just because she's not burning villages and crushing hearts anymore, doesn't mean she'll be happy. Face it; if Regina compromises herself in taking that baby in, Zelena has won. She's permanently prevented Regina from finding her own happy ending by compelling her to take on a responsibility she never chose, one that's pretty much a living, flesh and blood, amalgamation of several people who have caused her nothing but pain.
Robert60

Postby Robert60 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:12 pm

You have given me something to think about. I will ponder it.
RebeccaMatthews

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:19 am

aeverett wrote: She was forced to raise a child she didn't want before and it helped to drive her into homicidal insanity.

I'm sorry, but what child are you talking about Regina was forced to raise? Snow White? Because Regina wasn't forced to marry Leopold after she shoved her mother through the mirror to Wonderland, she willingly chose to marry him and play mother Snow. Are you seriously blaming Snow White for the thousands of innocent people Regina killed, including Regina's own father?

Regina had no problem taking the poor baby from Zelena when she was born, and unless I'm forgetting something from 5A, that was Regina's plan all along: raise the baby as her's and Robin's. She had no problem "forgetting" that Henry's birth mother was going to come to town and break her curse. Regina cursed herself so that she could never carry a child, so if she wants any, she has to adopt or find a magical cure so she and Robin can have a biological child of their own.
Tachs

Postby Tachs » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:02 am

This contains some spoilers if you haven't seen season 5, so read at your own risk. :D

Spoiler:
Now that Robin is gone. I really don't get it either. It looks like now Zelena is taking care of the baby, and Regina seems to want nothing to do with the kid now. Or Roland either for that matter, which is messed up. I mean both of Roland's parents are gone now. Before Robin died, Regina was going to have no problem with Roland and Robin living with now. Now it's like oh your father's gone, well have fun living in the woods. I mean really?
HookerLover

Postby HookerLover » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Tachs wrote:This contains some spoilers if you haven't seen season 5, so read at your own risk. :D

Spoiler:
Now that Robin is gone. I really don't get it either. It looks like now Zelena is taking care of the baby, and Regina seems to want nothing to do with the kid now. Or Roland either for that matter, which is messed up. I mean both of Roland's parents are gone now. Before Robin died, Regina was going to have no problem with Roland and Robin living with now. Now it's like oh your father's gone, well have fun living in the woods. I mean really?

Roland went back to Sherwood Forrest with the Merry Men remember? And she was upset when zelena lost the arrow that Roland wanted Regina to have so I don't think she lost interest in Roland, she didn't even get to say goodbye.

And reginas heart is so big and she has so much love to give that she would never see raising Zelena and Robins baby as anything bad, I think you're just projecting your own negative feelings onto it. And don't forget that "baby Hood" is Regina's niece, her blood, the closest thing to her own flesh and blood baby she will ever get (unless the writers decide to undo the curse she put on herself).
Tachs

Postby Tachs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:02 pm

No Im not projecting my own negative feelings. When I made this post I didn't realize that's where Zelena's door portal took them. I thought she just sent them where ever, kind like with Snow, Charming, Emma, Hook, and I think Regina too? I actually made a post asking, where they went. But still I think it's weird that Regina seems to not want anything to do with Zelena, and now the baby Robin. Maybe she's just too focused on stopping the Evil Queen. But if Regina wants to be close to her flesh and blood, then how about starting with her sister? I guess her half sister, but yeah.
El-Libra

Postby El-Libra » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 am

Regina blames her sister for Robin's death. I don't thing she wants to be out of baby Robin's life; She simply can't stand to see Selina while her heart is broken over losing Robin.

Return to “Once Chit Chat”