Robin

General Once Upon a Time chat.
Tachs

Robin

Postby Tachs » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:28 am

So Rumple could have killed Robin, along time ago, but Belle stopped him. I wonder if maybe he knew Robin was going to eventually be Regina's happy ending back then? Also they changed the actor who played Robin. It was back in season 2 episode 19. In the episode Belle got Rumple not to kill him because Marian was pregnant and she knew Rumple didn't want to leave any child fatherless. But I think maybe he knew. Still I am not sure but it looked like they kept the same actress as Marin, but why the change with Robin?
facelesscreature

Re: Robin

Postby facelesscreature » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:50 pm

If I remember correctly, the S2 Robin actor wasn't available to appear in S3 for scheduling reasons. So the writers just explained it with the magic clover from Oz.

I loved that scene in S2 though. There are many layers to it.
If Rumple had killed him, then Regina may not be the same person she is now. Also, Rumple was conflicted about leaving a child fatherless because he was left orphaned by his father. Rumple had also abandoned his own son to keep his power.
Rumple must have realized that Robin needed to be kept alive in order for Regina to become who she is currently.
El-Libra

Re: Robin

Postby El-Libra » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:17 am

I thought it was simply because Bella was watching, and although he really was angry at Bella, and punishing her for releasing his prisoner, he still wanted Bella to love him. I think that was more important to him that getting revenge for Robin bobbing him.

Return to “Once Chit Chat”