Thoughts about season 7?

General Once Upon a Time chat.
jujubee

Thoughts about season 7?

Postby jujubee » Sat May 13, 2017 12:47 pm

So now that it's official and there will be a Season 7 with such a limited cast, what does everyone think? Will you watch it? And where would you want the story to go?

I'll start.

First off, they really need to rebrand the season as a kind of spin-off. "Untold Stories" or "After the Battle" or anything to differentiate it from S1-6, which have concluded the main story. This is very important in making this work, in my opinion.

1. Will I watch? Yes. At least, I'll give it a a shot; I don't believe in pre-judging. The next season could turn out well or be a disaster, there's no way to know for sure until it airs. After that, I'll decide if it's worth watching. There are a LOT of stories that should be revisited and this is the perfect chance.

2. How should the story go? One of the big concerns on many viewers' minds, I think, is that S7 will ruin relationships/stories from S1-6. But this isn't necessary and there are several ways around it; hopefully the writers keep this in mind. The quickest way to make a bad S7 is to throw all that out the window. For me, the best way to do this is to make "keeping those (missing) relationships" the main goal of the returning characters.

Here's one idea:

Henry and a girl (his daughter with Violet?) come from the future, chasing a villain who's trying to take away happy endings through the past a la Zelena. The "big time jump" mentioned would only be Henry, the girl, and the villain in this case. Like Zelena, the villain didn't get their happy ending, so wants vengeance against those that did, especially other villains. (This villain took Henry's and the girl's happy endings and threatens those of his family; hence the chase.) First episode shows the happy endings from S6, then at the end the villain succeeds and everything changes. This explains why some characters (esp. Emma) are missing, only this time the remaining characters keep their memories (because the memory loss trope is old). Future Henry then enlists their help and they chase after the villain from realm to realm to save or fix the happy endings, while trying to regain their own. This means we could revisit many of the stories that were dropped: Mulan, Ruby, and Dorothy in Oz, Guinevere and Lancelot in Camelot, Maleficent, Lily, and her father, Jasmine and Aladdin in Agrabah, etc. The focus of S7 could be more on the secondary characters and the returning regulars would act as a bridge. It could be a sort of season long version of the S3 finale, which in my opinion was one of the best episodes of the series. And since the actors staying are the "villains" (Lana, Colin, and Robert), it could really bring their redemptions/partial redemptions full circle. Instead of the heroes, the world could be saved almost entirely by those "villains". In some ways the separations could be good, allowing the characters to develop independent of their defining relationships, while at the same time fighting to regain those relationships. It could show how much they've really changed if they have to act correctly without their "reasons" with them. (Assuming Rumple even has changed.) And maybe they could really embrace the "we are both" theme, using what they learned as villains to be heroes. The final episode would be with everyone reunited with true, lasting happy endings (beginnings).

There are other ways to keep the developments of S1-6 "intact" and as long as they do so, it could work. But it's definitely what concerns me most.

So while I am VERY WARY, I am wiling to give it a chance.

Anyone else have any thoughts/ideas?
facelesscreature

Re: Thoughts about season 7?

Postby facelesscreature » Sat May 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Your time travel idea sounds really interesting. As long as the writers establish somewhat consistent rules, I'd be fine with something similar to this.

I mainly just hope the new characters stories don't ruin the old ones. Also, I would love see more of Mulan, Ruby, and various others.
jujubee

Postby jujubee » Sun May 14, 2017 2:50 am

facelesscreature wrote:As long as the writers establish somewhat consistent rules, I'd be fine with something similar to this.

I mainly just hope the new characters stories don't ruin the old ones. Also, I would love see more of Mulan, Ruby, and various others.

Exactly this!^

I guess my post was mostly in response to all the negativity I've seen. So many people have already decided that S7 will ruin everything before even seeing the "hints" in the finale. Of course, this could be exactly what happens, but until S7 starts (or finishes), nothing is actually KNOWN for certain. I mean, S7 could literally take place in the future, which wouldn't really mess up anything.

I'm not saying that everyone isn't entitled to their own opinions, just that for now I personally am choosing to keep an open mind.

And still think rebranding is key.
disneywoman

Postby disneywoman » Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 am

Zelena's fired
TarrenceDy

Postby TarrenceDy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:33 am

I can't wait for season 7! i just binge watched the last 6 seasons lol.
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Well we all seem to know that Ginnifer and Josh are not through with the show, and they did not say s6 is their last season. Last season always means after that, they are not coming back. It was said that Robert and Colin said in a con that s7 is their last season (if that is it, it makes me wonder are their characters going to die off or something cause that's where it usually leads when an actor wants out). Snowing might return in future seasons after s7 (and might return as regulars). They are both on break for a while.

There are Stories from the past 6 seasons that are still left hanging. Like:

Emma learning that Regina murdered Graham and lied about it.

Emma and Lily must learn that Isaac was to blame when it was he who made Snowing do this, and both apologize to Snowing.

Lancelot and the rest of Camelot's story still hanging.

Mulan's story.

Red and Dorothy's story continuing.

The feud between Dorothy and Zelena still hanging (cause Zelena still hates Dorothy).

The feud between Aurora/Phillip and Maleficent

The search for Lily's father

The untold story of how Charming and Kristoff knew each other as old friends.

The untold story of the feud between Maleficent and Briar Rose

Would there be a real version of Peter Pan who is heroic (instead of Malcolm) like we saw the real Ursula (the sea goddess).
NickyHelp

Postby NickyHelp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:15 pm

jujubee wrote:So now that it's official and there will be a Season 7 with such a limited cast, what does everyone think? Will you watch it? And where would you want the story to go?

I'll start.

First off, they really need to rebrand the season as a kind of spin-off. "Untold Stories" or "After the Battle" or anything to differentiate it from S1-6, which have concluded the main story. This is very important in making this work, in my opinion.

1. Will I watch? Yes. At least, I'll give it a a shot; I don't believe in pre-judging. The next season could turn out well or be a disaster, there's no way to know for sure until it airs. After that, I'll decide if it's worth watching. There are a LOT of stories that should be revisited and this is the perfect chance.

2. How should the story go? One of the big concerns on many viewers' minds, I think, is that S7 will ruin relationships/stories from S1-6. But this isn't necessary and there are several ways around it; hopefully the writers keep this in mind. The quickest way to make a bad S7 is to throw all that out the window. For me, the best way to do this is to make "keeping those (missing) relationships" the main goal of the returning characters.

Here's one idea:

Henry and a girl (his daughter with Violet?) come from the future, chasing a villain who's trying to take away happy endings through the past a la Zelena. The "big time jump" mentioned would only be Henry, the girl, and the villain in this case. Like Zelena, the villain didn't get their happy ending, so wants vengeance against those that did, especially other villains. (This villain took Henry's and the girl's happy endings and threatens those of his family; hence the chase.) First episode shows the happy endings from S6, then at the end the villain succeeds and everything changes. This explains why some characters (esp. Emma) are missing, only this time the remaining characters keep their memories (because the memory loss trope is old). Future Henry then enlists their help and they chase after the villain from realm to realm to save or fix the happy endings, while trying to regain their own. This means we could revisit many of the stories that were dropped: Mulan, Ruby, and Dorothy in Oz, Guinevere and Lancelot in Camelot, Maleficent, Lily, and her father, Jasmine and Aladdin in Agrabah, etc. The focus of S7 could be more on the secondary characters and the returning regulars would act as a bridge. It could be a sort of season long version of the S3 finale, which in my opinion was one of the best episodes of the series. And since the actors staying are the "villains" (Lana, Colin, and Robert), it could really bring their redemptions/partial redemptions full circle. Instead of the heroes, the world could be saved almost entirely by those "villains". In some ways the separations could be good, allowing the characters to develop independent of their defining relationships, while at the same time fighting to regain those relationships. It could show how much they've really changed if they have to act correctly without their "reasons" with them. (Assuming Rumple even has changed.) And maybe they could really embrace the "we are both" theme, using what they learned as villains to be heroes. The final episode would be with everyone reunited with true, lasting happy endings (beginnings).

There are other ways to keep the developments of S1-6 "intact" and as long as they do so, it could work. But it's definitely what concerns me most.

So while I am VERY WARY, I am wiling to give it a chance.

Anyone else have any thoughts/ideas?

Speaking of you mentioning Maleficent and Lily with there father, the only ones I can think of who can help reunite Lily with her father are Snowing. After all, they both were the ones who reunited mother and daughter after Emma failed cause Lily was leaving town and deserting her mother in a spiteful way. And you wonder why Maleficent went for Snowing's help instead of Emma (her first mistake of choice for help). And unlike Emma, Snowing was successful, even when Snow almost died because of Lily and Emma (at least Emma got punished for it in the Alternate world).

Return to “Once Chit Chat”