How do they defeat the "Evil Queen"

Once Upon a Time theories.
✨MagicDUDE✨

How do they defeat the "Evil Queen"

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Wed May 18, 2016 4:28 am

I'm just wondering some things about this. If technically the evil queen is half of Regina and the evil queen can't be destroyed that easily then that means Regina can't be destroyed that easy right? Like Hyde he looks he's real and that if you crush his heart he would die and on the other hand the evil queen looked fake she turned to smoke. But what I'm asking is if hydes heart was crushed would he turn to smoke? Since he looked very real to me and so did Regina if he turns into smoke then so does Regina. This can also support my theory that actually it did create a fake evil queen and the real one is inside her. You've got to think how can Regina rip out a heart that seems very eq to me. Also I think it's like when you drink tea and you think it's Coke so it tastes like Coke for a short second... I think that's what's happening here is that Regina thought she got rid of the evil queen and she's convinced that she did but all she really did was create another fake one and that since she thinks she got rid of her she "feels better". Also it makes me wonder how the heck does Hyde have this sleeping curse thing. Like seriously. Plus he seems to have a past with the DO. And also who is his "friends"? When he says he rules the town I was kind of like yeah sure you do but what if really does? But whose his friends? The darknesses of other people? Also I thought that what if they use this potion on rumple making a total DO and his cowardly self? And Henry is the only person who knows how to fix these potions, Facing your own self, in which coward rumple defeats do rumple by facing his fear which then somehow rumple gets the powers back but uses them for good. Which fulfills merlons prophecy and which technically means Henry was his undoing. For Reginas behalf the way she defeats the eq is by accepting who she is or something like that.

OH AND I SWEAR IF THAT EQ DOEST CRUSH AT LEAST ONE HEART IN SEASON 6...THEN THIS SHOW REALLY HAS GONE DOWN IN WRITING ESCPECIALLY IF SHE DOESNT EVEN WANT REVENGE ON SNOW (since like season 2 I've seen snow being killed and I still think that
True love is the most powerful magic of all!
facelesscreature

Re: How do they defeat the "Evil Queen"

Postby facelesscreature » Wed May 18, 2016 11:45 am

Here's what I think:
I've noticed that the heroes refer to evil on the show as "the darkness." At first I thought this was referring specifically to the dark one. However, throughout S5, they refer to the evil inside of anyone as "the darkness."

We know that the dark one's magic came from the same source as Merlin's magic. Assuming that Merlin was the first person with magic, then I would assume the dark one (or "the darkness") is the psychical manifestation of everyone's evil selves. It is essentially the Jeckyl and Hyde situation with Merlin and the Dark One. That's why the dark one is so powerful. It is the living embodiment of all "darkness" in everyone.

If the dark one is destroyed, then all dark magic and evil will be destroyed. (Including the evil queen)

What I think will happen:
At some point in S6, Rumple is going to be separated from the dark one. Then the dark one will be stabbed with the dagger and this will destroy all "darkness." I say this because that was the intent with Excalibur in the first place.

I think that this would be a nice way to end the series. Then again, the grails may have something to do with it.
✨MagicDUDE✨

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Fri May 20, 2016 12:38 am

Actually now that i think of it Hyde said that this darkness isnt easy to defeat. How does he know that? Have they already used it? Or did they use it on someone else?
facelesscreature

Postby facelesscreature » Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Considering that Jeckyl/Hyde mentioned they had history with the dark one, I'm assuming that the dark one had something to do with their situation.
H.C

Postby H.C » Mon May 23, 2016 1:23 am

I just felt, it was totally wrong that Regina splitted her bad side from her good side. She's going to learn she has done a huge mistake, sooner or later. Because, as long as The Evil Queen was inside her, she coud control it, and choose to act good. But now, her evil side is walking around doing evil stuff she has no way to control.
The only way, i can think about, that The Evil Queen could be defeated is by accepting her. No body could help Regina with that. It's her own job to understand that she has to accept The Evil Queen as a part of her. She doesn't have to act bad, and has an option to choose to act good. That's what makes the difference between a good person from a bad one.
Season 6 would probably be all over about this kind of lesson.
Rumplestiltskinq/Mr.Gold, has to learn that lesson too, but only the opposite one. He has to accept his good side, and know that it's okay to be good, and that there are ways of achieving what one wants, in a good pure way. His denial from his good side, choosing the Dark One's powers, is going to destroy him in one point.
Almost every character has a lesson to learn that is connected with this concept of good vs. evil in themselves.
Its a very nice concept the writers have brought to the show. we all live our lives with conflicts about our good and bad sides. every body has a good and bad side, and in some point in our lives, we learn to accept ourseles wholely. The ones who don't are experiencing a hard difficulity with their lives, and often get crazy....
Battling the good and evil inside you is very different from battling with other people. These are much deeper issues, and there are much more meaningful lessons to learn from them.

I'll finish with a few quotes regarding to the topic:
- "We've all got both Light and Dark inside of us. What Matters is the part we choose to act on, that's who we really are." (Sirius Black- The Harry Potter series)
- "Being against Evil doesn't make you good" (Ernest Hemingway)
- "Be not overcome of Evil, But overcome Evil with Good." (The Bible)
✨MagicDUDE✨

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 am

I actually thought about that and was like well that makes since but I don't think it could last a whole season or part season. But now I think I know how it can work for the whole season or part. 1) Regina doesn't know how to defeat her nor does anybody except for Hyde and A) he will tell her for something in return or B) he simply won't tell Her at all and she has to figure all of this out on her on. 2) A) They find the way out, it's the fact of accepting but it's not as easy as it seems. They have to find a way put them back together B) they find the way except since Regina ripped the evil queens heart out a) that means reginas heart is destroyed too and when put back together she'll die as a whole. (I say that because technically if she became the evil queen again and the evil queen wanted Regina out then the same reaction would be for Regina so techinically Regina and the evil queen are the same forms of whatever they are). b) since Regina ripped her heart out whatever the "evil queen" now is since she doesn't even have a heart she cant come back as a whole because of the ripped heart. 3) Regina realizes that she must accept who she is but she doesn't want to do it because she doesn't want to be that person. 4) it's easy as it sounds Regina accepts who she is just like that and wha lag but that doesn't sound like it could last a whole season.

Also I just thought that what if all the dark deeds Regina does goes to the evil queen like ripping out the evil queens heart. She didn't feel darkness because it was actually going to the other half of her the evil queen. So all these dark deeds Regina does she's says she feels good she doesn't feel darkness and when she accepts the evil queen she has committed so much darkness without realizing it that the evil queen overwhelms her causing her just to go dark. For some reason tho I feel like that if this is in two parts the first part will obviously be what we just talked about and the second part I think will be about somehow time got rewritten back to when storybrooke came to Maine except the only difference is that Emma doesn't exist. I really think they are going to give us these flash sideways episodes like they did on list showing what would happen if they "never met on the isalnd" except that was actually the journey to the afterlife. Or in part 2 I think Henry will mess up with the storybook and something strange will happen. I still think the book has a mind of its own. Sometimes I even think it's a person.

Just a side note is magic still destroyed or did Regina bring it back
facelesscreature

Postby facelesscreature » Mon May 23, 2016 11:37 am

Magic from outside SB powered the crystal (with SB's magic tethered). They brought the crystal back to SB and Regina untethered the magic.

Therefore, magic is back in SB but also the heroes can use magic anywhere else now.
purpledreamr

Postby purpledreamr » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 am

I feel that maybe the only way for the Evil Queen to be defeated is for Regina to truly come to terms with her past and accept this bit of darkness. After all, she has turned over a new leaf and she's just struggling to stay on the right path. This sounds cliched but is there an alternative that would also offer a similar 'morally acceptable' solution? After all, we're humans and we all have a little bit of darkness in us.
✨MagicDUDE✨

Postby ✨MagicDUDE✨ » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:53 pm

So a lot of us keep saying that the darkness won't be destroyed unless Regina comes to terms and accepts it. Well technically speaking if Hyde is as equal to Jekyll(saying they are as real as each other) and we keep saying Regina has to accept the darkness then technically that means the evil queen has to accept Regina. Pretty much Regina is as real or as fake as the darkness. Saying that if the darkness tried to kill Regina then Regina would still live. This can work and not only that but I can see it lasting a whole season. Everybody trying to convince the evil queen to accept herself. Thing is he evil queen has no one who cares for her. Henry her father is dead the evil queen hasn't even met Her son Henry unless the storybrooke evil queen is within the mix. So she'll pretty much be revenging Snow White til they find a way to get herself to accept regina.

Just wanted to throw this in here but I can see Mary Margaret being Snow White and trying to survive from the eq and then the eq finally gets the strong hold and Regina happening to be around thinks smart and steps in the way of Snow White because the eq was about to rip her heart out and the eq crushes reginas heart and then says something such as you fool and then either disappears or grabs snows heart and then that's the fall finale. Then we'll all be thinking did Regina die but really she just puffed smoke and is still alive.
Tachs

Postby Tachs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:52 am

Wow I wish I had read this before I made my theory post. I basically believe this season is all about accepting your dark half. It is so far littered though out the episodes.

Hook has to come to terms with his dark half, and accept and forgive himself.

Regina I still think has to come to terms with her dark half the Evil Queen, making it an act of true love. Thus bringing Regina whole again, through self love, self acceptance.

Zelena is another character struggling with this, this season. She keeps trying to become a better person, but the Evil Queen is the only one being accepting of her so she may become the Wicked Witch again.

Also you could say that maybe Emma is struggling with this as well, from her vision, but I'm not sure on that one. You could even say Charming had this issue as he killed his evil twin brother, or maybe that happened last season.

Also Rumple, where he wants to be with Belle and his child, and cares about them a lot but his bad deeds more or less keep pushing Belle away. It seems to be a common theme this season. I still think that is how the season is going to end, with Regina accepting herself, and forming some act a true love, but it is self love.
El-Libra

Postby El-Libra » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:00 am

I would like to think that Zelena gets fed up with the evil queen, and teams up with her sister, Regina (who she once really loved) to get rid of her. Between their magic and maybe with Emma's help, they could put the evil queen back inside Regina, and she could control her, with Zelena and Emma's help. The evil queen is an important part of the story, so totally getting rid of her isn't really a good idea.
Rumple told Belle that he sought out Hyde way back when Belle was his maid because he was afraid loving Belle would make him weak. Rumple knew about the curse, even then and made a deal with Hyde. I was glad when Jeckle and Hyde both died, and hope they don't come back. Rumple has been dark a lot longer than Regina has; I don't know how he will ever control his darkness, unless he sees Regina do it and finally knows that it's possible to have both sides without being weak and a coward and still be happy. I think Rumple will have to remain having a part of himself that people fear, but who Belle can love and control. I would really like to see Robin come back to Regina, and see Zelena find true love and stop turning green, but who?

Return to “Theories”