Wild Black Fairy idea

Once Upon a Time theories.
jujubee

Wild Black Fairy idea

Postby jujubee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 am

So I was thinking today about the Black Fairy and what her motivations are and how she became the Black Fairy. She said simply "power".

Then I thought of the old saying:
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
But who has the "absolute power"?

Then I thought about the duality theme this season:
Jekyll and Hyde
Regina and the Evil Queen
In both cases, traits bleed through from one half to the other.

The one who has the power among the fairies is the Blue Fairy.
So what if the Blue Fairy and the Black Fairy were the two halves of the same person, split through some strange fairy means?

OK, so I really doubt this is the case, but the one thing the many OUAT fandom factions seem to agree on is BLUE FAIRY IS SHADY.
It could be interesting if the writers finally followed through on this.
facelesscreature

Re: Wild Black Fairy idea

Postby facelesscreature » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:03 am

I would love this!
This would be a great way to tie everything back to Jeckyl and Hyde.

Also, in S3, the Blue Fairy had her shadow ripped from her. Foreshadowing?
This could be a stretch though.
jujubee

Postby jujubee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 am

It could absolutely fit! - as a sort of backwards foreshadowing.
The show does that a fair amount, I think.
misy

Postby misy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:57 pm

A&E have said that Blue is "inherently good".
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
jujubee

Postby jujubee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't necessarily take anything any of the show runners/writers say at face value. (Guess I'm a skeptic.)

Still, it could be argued that the Blue Fairy side is "inherently good" and the Black Fairy side is "inherently bad" if fairy-splitting is much more definite. Or they could be twins or something, where their "half nature" is more metaphorical, like David and James.(less interesting, IMHO)

But, as I said, it's just a "wild idea".
PunkMaister

Postby PunkMaister » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:00 am

jujubee wrote:I don't necessarily take anything any of the show runners/writers say at face value. (Guess I'm a skeptic.)

Still, it could be argued that the Blue Fairy side is "inherently good" and the Black Fairy side is "inherently bad" if fairy-splitting is much more definite. Or they could be twins or something, where their "half nature" is more metaphorical, like David and James.(less interesting, IMHO)

But, as I said, it's just a "wild idea".

The problem is we already saw the black fairy and she looks nothing like Blue. So is not an evil doppleganger like EQ.
jujubee

Postby jujubee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:33 am

PunkMaister wrote:The problem is we already saw the black fairy and she looks nothing like Blue. So is not an evil doppleganger like EQ.

Jekyll and Hyde looked nothing alike. Hyde looked how Jekyll imagined that half of himself would look.

I don't think that the writers will really do it; I just think it would be fun.
Tachs

Postby Tachs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:43 pm

I thought they said before that the Black Fairy was another fairy, and was being taught by Blue, but she was thrown out or something, for doing dark magic.
The Wiz of Oz

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Tachs wrote:I thought they said before that the Black Fairy was another fairy, and was being taught by Blue, but she was thrown out or something, for doing dark magic.

you are correct
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
El-Libra

Postby El-Libra » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 am

The Blue Fairy did explain that the Black Fairy was once good and turned bad. But don't forget, after everyone returned from Never Land, The Blue Fairy saw that Tinkerbell really was good and returned her wings, and admitted that she could be overly strict. Perhaps she was overly strict with the Black Fairy, which turned her (BF) very evil??
One thing I don't understand is why The Black Fairy's relationship with Rumple has never been explained; The whole life of Rumple has been explained, from his no-good father, to becoming the Dark One, to his life with Mella, and losing her to Captain Hook and killing her, and finally losing his son. All of that time I wondered about his mother, and it was never mentioned. When we went to the realm where the Black Fairy lives, taking a baby to tempt her, all he wanted to know was why she abandoned him; I can see her wanting to be away from Rumple's father, but why not keep her son?? Could it have been shaming for a Fairy to have a child with a human? I hope to see more along this line, and find out about Gideon's 28 years in the Black Fairies realm.

Return to “Theories”